Wilco Employee Reviews

I liked working at Wilco
Lawn and Garden Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 15, 2017
I love the people that worked at Wilco and the store and the way it was set up and my hours it was a good and great place to work at. It was fast paced and easy place to work.
Good Place To Work and Shop
Customer Service (Seasonal Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 26, 2017
It was an enjoyable team environment where we worked hard and had some fun along the way. It was a joy to meet and assist customers. There was a fair amount of cross-training and helping out in various departments.
Met lots of cool people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VA 23842August 3, 2017
Work environment was over all good. Managers were willing to help when needed. Not very good at working with people who are pregnant. Got donuts and coffee for free.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
inability to work around being pregnant
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAJuly 6, 2017
Making friends in this place was easy, we are a family. As far as the actual company, it's completely outdated. They're weird about tattoos, piercings and what people wear, I understand it's a farm store but it's also a farm store in 2017. You can't have a company based out of Oregon and not be accepting of people, or making judgement based on what they chose to do with their body.
Pros
Great people, the best manager, flexible, loyal and reasonable
Cons
Company is uptight, rules are rules for a reason but some aren't necessary
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. George, SCApril 13, 2017
good place to work ownership kept changing and the insurance costs too much but overall its not bad I'm just not getting enough hours to continue my employment
Questionable management
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 1, 2017
General manager yells and bullies employees. Shows favoritism especially to attractive women. Current Owner was rarely there to witness management. In my 16 years of employment I learned many computer skills & inventory control. Started as a fun place to work under original owner. Hardest part was Deterioration of original owner because of age. Most enjoyable was working with the majority of other employees.
Excellent Work Environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Angel, ORFebruary 19, 2017
We live core values daily which makes a pleasant and productive environment. A company that is not afraid to invest in their people.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 30, 2016
job was great.manager i had was not to great but he was let go,. easy job. in a great location so its safe to work the closing shift,great place ti work many hours and many ways to move up in the company
Pros
move up in company
Cons
my manager
Great Place!
Sales, Marketing & Business Development (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 23, 2016
I couldn't be happy with my experiences at Wilco. Hard work pays off here. The culture is progressive, and there is no one peeking over your shoulder throughout the day. Success and failure is all on you.
Pros
Free Dinners
Taking care of customers
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 5, 2016
Great company to work for , challenging at times . Was promoted to another store . Pleasing customers was my main priority , keeping them coming back was worth all the work .
Welder (Former Employee) –  Marlow, OKNovember 3, 2016
It was an awesome place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday. They kept us busy, made the time go by fast. Unfortunately, due to the economy the business need slowed down
I enjoyed the company, not the managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WANovember 2, 2016
I loved this job until I realized that it was like high school. Even the store manager was involved. Also, I didn't like that I was let go while I was on maternity leave. I was removed from the payroll without notice then told a month later when I brought my child to visit. I had been with the company for a year and a half, and I asked the whole time I was pregnant if I would still have my job when I returned. The company I liked, but the way they let the manager get away with things that she shouldn't be doing.
Pros
great company, rewards, benefits
Cons
poor managment, pay
Good enough.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Nice place to work at just have to be cautious because you're workn at a gas station. People be selling gas at the gas station. Premium.
Pros
Free drinks...before SPEEDWAY
Cons
Speedway
Fun place to interact with people everyday
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23701June 24, 2016
everyday was a different day some better them other but that is the life of working at a gas station. but for the most it was fun meeting new people everyday that would turn into life time friends.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
no breaks and sometimes by yourself
Frist Job
Builder (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOApril 20, 2016
Built apartment building in the Springfield Mo area it was fun and hard work. We would build one floor a week and most of the building where at less 3 stories tall
enjoyed faced paced enviroment
Cashier Shift leader (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Assisted in my motivated self starter demeanor
who requires little or no supervision.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Excellent rapport with customer and merchandising vendors.
Responds to required quest and pursues satisfactory results.
Ability to manage the stress of customer service and demand.
Great place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Wilco Hess is a great company and provides the best opportunities for their employees. My typical day included opening or closing the store and all managerial duties were handled by me. I worked with my employees everyday and loved the customers that came in everyday.
Productive work place, fun hard team work and supportive management team
Shift Lader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 23, 2015
Working at Wilco has help my customer service and patience, you never know who you will meet. Your customers become part of the Wilco family, because every customer is treated the same new and old. Management is also supportive of any kind of problem business and personal.
Pros
supportive management team, team work, and health work eviorment
Cons
no breaks, area, cutting hours
Fast learner, customer service
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2015
We supplied our customers with great customer service each and everyday. We do focus on numbers but mainly we give great customer service. My co-workers were great to work with. I loved dealing with the public more and more everyday. You learn so much about what the customer is looking for when they enter the store.
Fast paced enviroment
Team Leader/Customer Service/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCOctober 29, 2015
Enjoyed working there but we relocated to Asheville due to my husbands work. I Would work for them again in this current area.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
Short breaks