Wilco Employee Reviews

enjoyed faced paced enviroment
Cashier Shift leader (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Assisted in my motivated self starter demeanor
who requires little or no supervision.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Excellent rapport with customer and merchandising vendors.
Responds to required quest and pursues satisfactory results.
Ability to manage the stress of customer service and demand.
Great place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Wilco Hess is a great company and provides the best opportunities for their employees. My typical day included opening or closing the store and all managerial duties were handled by me. I worked with my employees everyday and loved the customers that came in everyday.
Productive work place, fun hard team work and supportive management team
Shift Lader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 23, 2015
Working at Wilco has help my customer service and patience, you never know who you will meet. Your customers become part of the Wilco family, because every customer is treated the same new and old. Management is also supportive of any kind of problem business and personal.
Pros
supportive management team, team work, and health work eviorment
Cons
no breaks, area, cutting hours
Fast learner, customer service
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2015
We supplied our customers with great customer service each and everyday. We do focus on numbers but mainly we give great customer service. My co-workers were great to work with. I loved dealing with the public more and more everyday. You learn so much about what the customer is looking for when they enter the store.
Fast paced enviroment
Team Leader/Customer Service/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCOctober 29, 2015
Enjoyed working there but we relocated to Asheville due to my husbands work. I Would work for them again in this current area.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
Short breaks
Had a great start to my career
Senior Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, OHOctober 20, 2015
Started my career in the US with this company. Nice place to work for and grow your career. Had the best of coworkers, but not the best place for work life balance
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Love working here. Fun work place with supportive management. Friendly customers and very easy work to do. Store manager is the best.
Like any other job check in and get to work
Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 6, 2015
Stocking and helping customers find what they need and answer any question to help them use the product more correctly. I learned a lot about merchandising hard lines . the best part of my job was the customers and the ones I would see everyday. Stocking fifty pound bags of fertilizer everyday and some times multiple times in a day. I got it done with no complaints. I had a great manager. Made lots of friends.
Getting to work with different customers from all over.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 19, 2015
I come in and would see the regular customers and go count a drawer. Help start the pumps talk to billing companies for the customers. Do anything from stocking, putting out merchandise, and helping the customers find what they need and try to up sell for the company. Then help with breaks and always have fun with the girls I worked with and the customers always joke with us too.
Pros
Manager gets us lunch sometimes
Cons
The benefits were not as good as they should be.
Busy especially during the race season
Cashier, Cashiers (Current Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAJune 16, 2015
People who are willing to work with you concerning your personal issues regarding when you are absent. A place to meet and greet people in public with different backgrounds. Fellow employees are easy to work with and are there to help whenever you need them.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and coffee
Cons
no cell phone usage
Not a nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 18, 2015
Poor management, training ,Human Recourse Dept. were unreachable. Extreme favoritism among employees and management.
The employees are what made Wilco fun to work at.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work was decent the job was easy. I learned that you have to be creative in order to succeed with sells for the month, Management there was ok until certain district or regional management came around then things that weren't thought about have to be rushed to completion instead of being done daily. The co-workers made the job fun! the hardest part of the job is when your not sure if you will be robbed because of the type of customers you may get. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connections I made with my customers that made them continue business at wilco.
Pros
You could add creativity without feeling limited
Cons
Limited room for growth in the company
nice company to work for
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
my job is very complicated and comfortable at the same time I like the contracting aspect of the job and the fact that I get to work from home online or anywhere.
the people were fun and customers
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Most of the day are smooth and steady. How the deal with all difference. They are alot of good people in the world. Some manager are very nice, to work with. Hardest part of some days when when you have the store in order and people just throw paper all on the floor. Its a very steady job cleaning all day long, and stocking shelves. But when they see the store clean and in order they tell the ones who keeping the store clean thank you and great job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
30 minutes
fun place to work lay back
Welder/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Marlow, OKOctober 27, 2014
Plans, lays out, assembles, installs metal parts, equipment, and products according to company
specifications and blue prints light tacking to heavy flat, up weld, and overhead weld according to ASME Codes. Operate a variety of power tools including, but not limited to saws, grinders, drills, welders, and overhead cranes keep work area clean, and possess the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactory. 6G Mig Code weld test extensive knowledge of Mig and Stick welding operations ability to short arc, spray arc, and use a torch proficiently experience fitting and welding pressurized pipe
Okay place to work
HESS CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, N.C.October 1, 2014
learned to balance tills, met people constantly, and the hardest part was making sure no one stole anything while you were very busy.
Very fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 14, 2014
A day in the life of retail is very customer oriented.....
The hardest part of the job is the dangers of a convenient store. I learned a substantial amount concerning audits, and order processing as well as stocking and maintenance.
a fun and interesting place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  kinstonMarch 25, 2014
I loved to meet new people and talk and enjoy peoples life stories great co workers.
Pros
all the soda you can drink.
Cons
no set break times.
Just a breakroom and a restroom.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 12, 2014
Preparation with paperwork and drawers before store open. Make sure parking lot was clean and gas pumps properly working. Make sure safe was properly train and comfort with their duty.
Pros
bring your own lunch.
Cons
had good benefits and 401 k plan.
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 11, 2014
working at Pizza Hut was an expirence I will never forget. I began as a customer service rep. to a cook, to a shift manager in the corse of a few months. I learned about revenue, and time management, having several people working under me in one shift. I was fun and chalenging at the same time
Pros
was always busy until the end of each shift. fun enviroment, and chalenging