Wilco Employee Reviews in United States

Honestly? Look elsewhere
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 4, 2016
While the higher ups (the people at central) are good people, they need to look into hiring better management. All but one of the store managers I met were egotistical jokes. They don't care about taking care of their employees, they want warm bodies.
Pros
It paid the bills
Cons
Really bad insurance, snarky co workers, bad schedules
Had a great start to my career
Senior Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, OHOctober 20, 2015
Started my career in the US with this company. Nice place to work for and grow your career. Had the best of coworkers, but not the best place for work life balance
Productive work place, fun hard team work and supportive management team
Shift Lader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 23, 2015
Working at Wilco has help my customer service and patience, you never know who you will meet. Your customers become part of the Wilco family, because every customer is treated the same new and old. Management is also supportive of any kind of problem business and personal.
Pros
supportive management team, team work, and health work eviorment
Cons
no breaks, area, cutting hours
enjoyed faced paced enviroment
Cashier Shift leader (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Assisted in my motivated self starter demeanor
who requires little or no supervision.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Excellent rapport with customer and merchandising vendors.
Responds to required quest and pursues satisfactory results.
Ability to manage the stress of customer service and demand.
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Love working here. Fun work place with supportive management. Friendly customers and very easy work to do. Store manager is the best.
Getting to work with different customers from all over.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 19, 2015
I come in and would see the regular customers and go count a drawer. Help start the pumps talk to billing companies for the customers. Do anything from stocking, putting out merchandise, and helping the customers find what they need and try to up sell for the company. Then help with breaks and always have fun with the girls I worked with and the customers always joke with us too.
Pros
Manager gets us lunch sometimes
Cons
The benefits were not as good as they should be.
Great place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Wilco Hess is a great company and provides the best opportunities for their employees. My typical day included opening or closing the store and all managerial duties were handled by me. I worked with my employees everyday and loved the customers that came in everyday.
Fast learner, customer service
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2015
We supplied our customers with great customer service each and everyday. We do focus on numbers but mainly we give great customer service. My co-workers were great to work with. I loved dealing with the public more and more everyday. You learn so much about what the customer is looking for when they enter the store.
The employees are what made Wilco fun to work at.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work was decent the job was easy. I learned that you have to be creative in order to succeed with sells for the month, Management there was ok until certain district or regional management came around then things that weren't thought about have to be rushed to completion instead of being done daily. The co-workers made the job fun! the hardest part of the job is when your not sure if you will be robbed because of the type of customers you may get. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connections I made with my customers that made them continue business at wilco.
Pros
You could add creativity without feeling limited
Cons
Limited room for growth in the company
Fast paced enviroment
Team Leader/Customer Service/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCOctober 29, 2015
Enjoyed working there but we relocated to Asheville due to my husbands work. I Would work for them again in this current area.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
Short breaks
Seasonal work, Great place to work, quality people
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Whiteson OrJanuary 17, 2014
Truck driver for bulk fertizer Ag center. Deliverys through out the willamette valley. Delivery to farm locations for fertilizer and liquid chemical crop addatives. Interaction with farmers {customers} with outside sales, and inside sales,customer will calls. Long hours in spring, summer and fall. Total team work, to get all distubution done in single day, sometimes a 12hr day. Strong management, at Ag center, and upper corperate. All ways willing to listen to sugestions. Very approcatable. Dispatched many times to other Ag centers to pick up product and deliver to our customer, or theres. Very satistfing work.
Pros
pizzas, bar b ques, clothing, wilco discounts at farmstores, and wilco apparrel
Cons
seasonal work
Like any other job check in and get to work
Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 6, 2015
Stocking and helping customers find what they need and answer any question to help them use the product more correctly. I learned a lot about merchandising hard lines . the best part of my job was the customers and the ones I would see everyday. Stocking fifty pound bags of fertilizer everyday and some times multiple times in a day. I got it done with no complaints. I had a great manager. Made lots of friends.
Not a nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 18, 2015
Poor management, training ,Human Recourse Dept. were unreachable. Extreme favoritism among employees and management.
Busy especially during the race season
Cashier, Cashiers (Current Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAJune 16, 2015
People who are willing to work with you concerning your personal issues regarding when you are absent. A place to meet and greet people in public with different backgrounds. Fellow employees are easy to work with and are there to help whenever you need them.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and coffee
Cons
no cell phone usage
for the most part i enjoyed working for the company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJune 19, 2013
I worked 10+ hour days, I learned how to work on a computer, I got a chance to improve my previous management skills, I enjoyed working with my co-workers the most enjoyable part of my job was the customers and vendors
Pros
benifits
Cons
working very short staffed at times
A multitask environmental job from one extreme to another.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Swansboro, NCSeptember 27, 2013
From my point of view, there is always something to do, so I can constantly stay busy which always makes the day go fast. I have learned there are many different kinds of people with different methods of working. Management staff encourages growth from within. Co-workers are well balanced. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the freeze of pay increase on hourly employees, and having so many bosses on immediate staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Fun and Professional environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 27, 2013
Greeting customers, answering questions, and providing them with excellent customer service.I learned to carry a tray with multiple items on it and great customer interactive skills. The management was the best i could ask for. I made several really good friends with my co-workers.the hardest part was cleaning after the restaurant was closed but we mange it. I really loved to work at this place, i loved meeting new people and my co-workers.
Pros
discount plates were awesome.
Cons
there was barely time for a break.
the people were fun and customers
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Most of the day are smooth and steady. How the deal with all difference. They are alot of good people in the world. Some manager are very nice, to work with. Hardest part of some days when when you have the store in order and people just throw paper all on the floor. Its a very steady job cleaning all day long, and stocking shelves. But when they see the store clean and in order they tell the ones who keeping the store clean thank you and great job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
30 minutes
fun place to work lay back
Welder/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Marlow, OKOctober 27, 2014
Plans, lays out, assembles, installs metal parts, equipment, and products according to company
specifications and blue prints light tacking to heavy flat, up weld, and overhead weld according to ASME Codes. Operate a variety of power tools including, but not limited to saws, grinders, drills, welders, and overhead cranes keep work area clean, and possess the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactory. 6G Mig Code weld test extensive knowledge of Mig and Stick welding operations ability to short arc, spray arc, and use a torch proficiently experience fitting and welding pressurized pipe
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 11, 2014
working at Pizza Hut was an expirence I will never forget. I began as a customer service rep. to a cook, to a shift manager in the corse of a few months. I learned about revenue, and time management, having several people working under me in one shift. I was fun and chalenging at the same time
Pros
was always busy until the end of each shift. fun enviroment, and chalenging