Wilcohess Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Latta, SCJanuary 27, 2016
I was the shift leader for 2nd shift. Occasionally I would work all shifts. Loved interacting with the customers. The work wasn't too demanding.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working doubles
Challenging yet fullfilling workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Easter North CarolinaJanuary 10, 2016
Multi Unit supervision up to 20 units at a time
Managed profit and loss statements to ensure each sight operated within company guidelines and standards. Ensure marketing-planning and pricing - was executed 100% at each site. Completed monthly checklists in each store to include safety walks, cash/inventory audits, marketing checks, environmental inspections and sales walks. Sent out weekly rankings to the team to encourage growth in key areas. Conducted monthly meetings with my team to communicate goals, opportunities and general information. Developed my team and trained them on basic business management skills. Trained my managers on pump maintenance as well as trouble shooting skills. Worked side by side with each manager training them how to properly interview, hire, train and develop their team.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
NONE
Customer Service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carnesville, GADecember 12, 2015
I enjoy working at WilcoHess because I enjoy working with the public. I work as a cashier setting gas pumps and diesel pumps. I also am required to upsell any sale items that we have. I run lottery, scratch off and online lottery. Also I am responsible for cleaning and making our shelves and building clean and welcoming. The downside to the job is the pay is not great and I do not get a set schedule every week.
Good job bad management
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 16, 2015
terrible. for you to work for hours with no break alot of work for not enough money. Long shifts and you have to cover people.
Working for WilcoHess
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 2, 2015
Wilcohess was the first job I had. Meet so many great people. The customers were great and were easy to create a bond with. But you also had the days were someone was yelling about being I.D.. Management was great.
Pros
Worked as a family
Cons
No breaks
Great work experience.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the public and vendors. Hiring and training employees was a challenge in which I completely embraced.
Customers and Customer Service
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Marshville, NCSeptember 14, 2015
Not the best benefits. Management could be better. Pay could definitely be better having to stand on your feet all day, deal with rude customers and rude employers as well as co-workers. I've been robbed before working for this company, so pay should definitely be better for the fact of your life being put at risk for the sake of making someone else all the big money while employees get paid 7.25 an hour
Great Plce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Overall my expectations for working with this company was pretty chill. I could see myself working here a couple of years and move up in the company pretty quickly with hard work and dedication.
Pros
love the environment and employee communication skills
Cons
hrly pay
Drama Zone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
My experience there wasn't great it was really stressful but just a job to pay the bills. There were a lot of personal drama that took place and a lot of unprofessional things that took place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Needs some work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working there but I felt that I was working by myself with me and 3 other people there. Not the best work I've seen.
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCMay 20, 2015
Working at Wilco was a learning experience for me in customer service and management skills.I learned how to be a leader and do my best at anything I do and to never give up.Some days were challenging but i managed to pull through.Management team there were excellent.
Pros
Promotion was always available to hard workers
Cons
security working the midnight shift
Fast paced and multitasking of a conveinence store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 10, 2015
Learning how to communicate and adjust to new changes was a challenging experience for me. Trying to solve customer complaints without causing more harm was challenging but in the end, the customer was satisfied
Interesting and unfair place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALApril 7, 2015
Everyday I would get to work about 15 minutes before my scheduled shift. I was only absent with a doctors note. I pulled doubles every time that I was asked, I would stay late if my relief was a no call-no show. It seemed like no matter how hard I worked, it was never recognized. Working here was playing a game of favoritism. I asked for my schedule to be changed and nothing was ever done, only the people that were close with management got theirs changed.
Pros
Wonderful customers
Cons
too much favoritism
Very Productive workplace
Cashier/ Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed working in such a very energetic, productive place. The place was lively and there is so much to learn while working there.
I've worked here for a few years, and...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 1, 2015
some days I loved it, some days I hated it. Higher ups never let employees know anything about policy changes until the employee "messed something up." They also find excuses to diminish your ability for pay raise during evaluations. Not the first company I'd recommend for long term retail careers.
Pros
great communication with management, good for entry level retail
Cons
little to no advancement, no flexibility
Company oriented place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work was normal. No major problems. Management was semi-easy to get ahold of for the most part. I learned some computer skills that i didn't already know such as major gas creditors and how to input their cards into a computer. The co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with and always worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was having to commute to other stores because their assistant was out sick or had just been fired. The easiest part was dealing with the customers.
Pros
great benefits, free lunches
Cons
short breaks to no breaks, job insecurity
A different challenge every day.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Skippers, VAOctober 19, 2014
There is a different challenge at this job each and every day. Customers and employees are always different. Some are nice and some are not. You have to be able to look over it and be nice all the time. I enjoy working with the public and satisfying them.
Pros
health benefits were much cheaper.
Cons
no breaks and change of companies.
it's ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers. I really enjoyed working with the customers, On the other note the management was not worth his position, Treated his employees horrible For the most part you cash out the customers and keep the deli bar looking good clean the bathrooms. The co-workers are great, very nice and helpful
Pros
the perrks are the customers
Cons
heath care is meant fot the southern states was not so great here in the north
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCAugust 28, 2014
A typical day at work on the morning shift would be coming in before store hours, starting paper work on the previous days sales, start coffee, open the store, helping customers, watching over other employees, running to the bank to drop off deposits
People were Nice, Poor Management
Maintenance/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2014
While I worked for WilcoHess the people I worked with were pretty nice but the management wasn't all that great, The manager needed help quite often from the assistant manager.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
rude customers, poor management