Wild Adventures Theme Park Employee Reviews in United States

A fun temporary place to work
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 16, 2015
Working at Wild Adventures was a lot of long but productive hours. Since the company does not do split shifts, team members can work up to 12 hour days. However, the managers do their best to schedule appropriately so that people can have at least 2-3 days a week off. The environment is friendly and open. It's a job that workers like for their fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the long hours spent on your feet with little or no break, except for lunch, usually out in the elements unless you work in Food and Beverage. The best part about the job is the people you work with, as we are allowed to interact with both our co-workers and the guests to provide a good time for all.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
Short breaks, hard to advance
Not The Greatest Place To Work
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 9, 2015
Long hours with no overtime

Poor management

Poor communication

Poor organization

Poor pay

No benefits

Parent company does not funnel any money down to the park, so most conditions are poor.
Pros
Non
Cons
No benefits, no overtime
Keeps me active and energetic
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2016
I love my job because I never had a job before. Wild Adventures got back with me soon as I put in my application. There are days when you run into rude guests and respectful guests. My co-workers are so amazing especially when I am having a bad day at work.
Pros
Free season passes and discounts
Cons
standing up and dealing with rude guests
Great Learning Experience, Great Co-workers, Great Management if You're Lucky
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Hours are extremely long and you may hate the actual job but it is a rewarding experience. I say if you can work here, you can work anywhere. You are hired under one title, but they may need you to do a multiple of duties in different areas. You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. Your co-workers are what make the days fun and they end up being some of your best friends. If you get a great supervisor that actually cares about you, the job is even better. In my case, I got lucky with an awesome supervisor but I've seen some supervisors and managers treat their employees horribly. Say they're a Christian-theme based amusement park, but you're not going to meet too many that actually act like Christians. The love of the money overpowers all of that. The hardest part of the job is picking up the slack when there are too few people placed on the schedule in order for them to save money. The most enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers and also the experience that you walk away with. Wild Adventures teaches you so much in such a short amount of time and gives you such a vast experience that other companies will quickly hire you when you start looking for other jobs.
Pros
co-workers, experience, free tickets
Cons
long hours, no ac, management (sometimes)
attraction operator
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 30, 2015
operate rides
provide customer service
assist in daily routine
satisfy customer satisfaction
clean up and maintain work area
It is a theme park.
Admissions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 24, 2015
This was not one of my favorite places to be employed. I did not really learn a lot. Management was okay along with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the heat and dealing with customers who were already upset.
Fun Place to Work
Merchandise Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Family oriented company based on Christian values. Great summer job to have if in school or just part time employment. This company does strive to promote from within.
Pros
management
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Awesome to ride the ride almost every hour
Attractions (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 2, 2015
Fun to work at, get to meet many people, sometimes the weather conditions can be a little extreme but they are okay. Everyday there is a different experience that people would like you to help them with and with you being there it makes them and you feel pretty good on the inside
Wild Adventures
ATTRACTIONS TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 23, 2015
It is a very fun, exciting, nice, and adventurous place to visit with your friends and family. The people are so generous and patient. You will feel loved.
Pros
Employee Activities & lunch breaks
Cons
Very hot and crowdy
Vey fun and my very first job
Game Host (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 31, 2015
I was responsible to host and operate the theme park games and gift shop. I met some new people and still friends with them today.
Pros
Worked at a theme park, recieved good hours and got some work expericence
Cons
Seasonal job
Let it be your Last Resort or do it for the tickets
Admission Team Member (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2014
this job was fair repeated and easy no real challenge I liked it when I was in leader ship because I got a chance to start molding team members into great team member and park leaders
the most enjoyable part was training and mingling with the team members and helping them learn things I called it an knowledge sharing moments however I was like one of few that did that I leadership I gained trust with them but I learned that with that people will become easily envy of what you accomplish. the management was really getting paid to micro-manage. I know for a fact that my manager took credit for my idea multiple time in front of me in front of his boss. the managers also have a thing that they would call someone else to address a problem if they are the ones that see it. I got in trouble a few times by managers because I approached their team members to tell them about a dress code policies or a park wide policy. However team members had more respect for me because I took tie to address them as a leader instead of being streaky. I used to love I until the last year when it seem like I kept getting hit with the blame game. I truly believe that 75%of the staff is being under paid I.e. Admission they get 7.25 an hour but are in change of getting people into the park as well as handling complains and creating an rapport for the park. now the kick is that on average an admission team member may work 20 hours a week if they are in full time but when weekend only come they get only 5 hours if they are lucky. which means gas for two week with no bonus or compensations. so I say if you really
  more... need a job let wild adventure be that job if not hold off they are not competitive nor do they follow their ethic values or statements.  less
Pros
the friends you make, the guest, the 6 free tickets.
Cons
park management, polices, treatment of team members, not adquet pay for amount of work you do, no trust from leadership, split leadership, no real challeges, no chance of advancing or get a pay raise quarterlly.
It's Okay
Admissions department, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 28, 2015
Working at Wild Adventures is an Okay job. I'd say that it's a good job if you're in high school, and it could be good if you're just starting out in college. I would not recommend it for someone in their junior or senior year of college or if you need to seriously pay the bills. You may not get the hours that you need and, depending on which department you work for, the pay is still minimum wage.
fun fun fun and hot
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 17, 2015
this job was fun of course because it was a theme park i loved this job working along with my friends i met tons of people doing this job but i will say they were very strict on their rules
Fun work place and fun employees.
Guest Services/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 19, 2013
I enjoyed working at Wild Adventures. I was outside and got to meet a lot of new people.
Management listens and will work with you. Co-workers are really energetic. I love meeting new people and enjoyed all the positions i worked.
Pros
occasional free lunches during big concerts, free entry into the park, discounts, great atmosphere for social people.
Cons
can be hot, some days you work 24 hours.
Okay hours, but overnight, not good family schedule
Food & Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 7, 2014
A lot of good employees, and a lot of bad. Guests were good about 70% of the time.
Pros
free drinks in small water cups
Cons
only 30% off food & merchandise, management unable to communicate effectively, obnoxious younger employees
good for college students
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 24, 2013
a typical day at wild adventures is long and hot. 10-13 hour shifts are common. during school they are open only on saturday and sunday a few fridays. it is good for a little income but nothing more. hardest part of the job is the heat and long hours. the most enjoyable part is your weekdays are free.
Pros
free entry to park
Cons
one break, heat.
Very enjoyable
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 26, 2014
A typical day is outside in the sun selling product. Management is great. everyone is nice and it was fun.
I love working at Wild Adventures and I love the people I work with and my customers. It is an awesome place all around.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 3, 2012
A typical day at Wild Adventures is very long but always interesting. Sometimes standing up for long periods of time can get tiring but the customers and coworkers make the day. You're having so much fun laughing and working you forget that you're tired. Since ive been at wild adventures ive grown in my communication skills and in my working status. I never thought working could be so much fun. The hardest part however is inventory. It takes time counting and making sure that everything is correct. The most enjoyable part of working is meeting new people, laughing and making friends. I love Wild Adventures. Its the best job ive ever had.
Pros
meeting new people, free lunch, good environment, awesome people
Cons
its seasonal
Started Promising, Took a Nosedive.
Games Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 16, 2014
I started my job at Wild Adventures with much enthusiasm and confidence, with a strong team beside me. We would typically run the fairground and carnival games in the theme park and provide assistance to customers as they appeared to need help and direction. If there was one thing to complain about the job itself, it was the lack of a supervisor. The one we had over us was rarely there at all, and wasn't keen to interact with and build a rapport with any of us to help strengthen the team and the work experience. This was especially frustrating when we needed to contact people to fix a mechanical problem with a game or had to deal with getting more change, as the supervisor was almost never available for assistance.

To add insult to injury, as time went on, the team grew smaller and smaller as all of the other team member eventually got fired or quit. I was one of the last people left who worked regularly by around the time I quit, and by that point, the company was slow to hire replacement team members and basically filled the other spots in the team temporarily. The temporary workers were poorly trained, if they were trained at all, and often my attempts to work were interrupted by needing to assist them because there was no supervisor available at the time. Eventually the stress of having to work in this way as well as the diminishing work conditions and the low pay for the time I put in and the long commute between work and home, I felt I needed to quit immediately.

If there was anything I enjoyed from the job, it was the atmosphere of teamwork earlier on and interacting
  more... with the customers. It was enjoyable to watch a family have fun playing a game I was running and to provide assistance whenever the customers needed it. The problem, though, is I would never want to have to put up with poor management like that ever again.  less
Pros
the satisfaction of helping customers.
Cons
poor management, hard to get help without an active supervisor or trained team.
Wild Adventures is a great place to work.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2013
Wild Adventures is a great place to work. You have day to day interactions with customers.
Cons
long hours, short breaks, sometimes over worked

Wild Adventures Theme Park Reviews by Location