Wild Adventures Theme Park

Wild Adventures Theme Park Employer Reviews

great for 1st job
Ride Operator/Floater (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 2, 2014
I began working for Wild Adventures my sophomore year in high school.
Very enjoyable
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 26, 2014
A typical day is outside in the sun selling product. Management is great. everyone is nice and it was fun.
Okay hours, but overnight, not good family schedule
Food & Beverage Team Member (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks in small water cups
Cons: only 30% off food & merchandise, management unable to communicate effectively, obnoxious younger employees
A lot of good employees, and a lot of bad. Guests were good about 70% of the time.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Office Team Member (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 20, 2014
I act as the communication link to the managers and team members all over the park. I spend a great deal of time being a troubleshooter and an information provider.
Let it be your Last Resort or do it for the tickets
Admission Team Member (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the friends you make, the guest, the 6 free tickets.
Cons: park management, polices, treatment of team members, not adquet pay for amount of work you do, no trust from leadership, split leadership, no real challeges, no chance of advancing or get a pay raise quarterlly.
this job was fair repeated and easy no real challenge I liked it when I was in leader ship because I got a chance to start molding team members into great team member and park leaders
the most enjoyable part was training and mingling with the team members and helping them learn things I called it an knowledge sharing moments however I was like one of few that did that I leadership I gained trust with them but I learned that with that people will become easily envy of what you accomplish. the management was really getting paid to micro-manage. I know for a fact that my manager took credit for my idea multiple time in front of me in front of his boss. the managers also have a thing that they would call someone else to address a problem if they are the ones that see it. I got in trouble a few times by managers because I approached their team members to tell them about a dress code policies or a park wide policy. However team members had more respect for me because I took tie to address them as a leader instead of being streaky. I used to love I until the last year when it seem like I kept getting hit with the blame game. I truly believe that 75%of the staff is being under paid I.e. Admission they get 7.25 an hour but are in change of getting people into the park as well as handling complains and creating an rapport for the park. now the kick is that on average an admission team member may work 20 hours a week if they are in full time but when weekend only come they get only 5 hours if they are lucky. which means gas for two week with no bonus or compensations. so I say if you really need a job let wild adventure be that job if not hold off they are not competitive nor do they follow their ethic values or statements.
Great place to work, Fun At Heart
Ride Maintenance Lead Technician/Electrician (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 26, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy my job, it is constantly challenging me to learn new things. There are great people working there and I have gained many friends in my time here. The hardest part of the job is balancing your personal life with work, however, it is achievable. What I enjoy most about the job is the variety of work there is to do, there is never a dull moment.
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 21, 2014
Its ok just very demanding and strict. Must have tough skin, Must have tough skin, and must have tough skin. Its ok just very demanding and strict. Must have tough skin, Must have tough skin, and must have tough skin.
Started Promising, Took a Nosedive.
Games Team Member (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: the satisfaction of helping customers.
Cons: poor management, hard to get help without an active supervisor or trained team.
I started my job at Wild Adventures with much enthusiasm and confidence, with a strong team beside me. We would typically run the fairground and carnival games in the theme park and provide assistance to customers as they appeared to need help and direction. If there was one thing to complain about the job itself, it was the lack of a supervisor. The one we had over us was rarely there at all, and wasn't keen to interact with and build a rapport with any of us to help strengthen the team and the work experience. This was especially frustrating when we needed to contact people to fix a mechanical problem with a game or had to deal with getting more change, as the supervisor was almost never available for assistance.

To add insult to injury, as time went on, the team grew smaller and smaller as all of the other team member eventually got fired or quit. I was one of the last people left who worked regularly by around the time I quit, and by that point, the company was slow to hire replacement team members and basically filled the other spots in the team temporarily. The temporary workers were poorly trained, if they were trained at all, and often my attempts to work were interrupted by needing to assist them because there was no supervisor available at the time. Eventually the stress of having to work in this way as well as the diminishing work conditions and the low pay for the time I put in and the long commute between work and home, I felt I needed to quit immediately.

If there was anything I enjoyed from the job, it was the atmosphere of teamwork earlier on and interacting with the customers. It was enjoyable to watch a family have fun playing a game I was running and to provide assistance whenever the customers needed it. The problem, though, is I would never want to have to put up with poor management like that ever again.
good for college students
Food and Beverage (Current Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free entry to park
Cons: one break, heat.
a typical day at wild adventures is long and hot. 10-13 hour shifts are common. during school they are open only on saturday and sunday a few fridays. it is good for a little income but nothing more. hardest part of the job is the heat and long hours. the most enjoyable part is your weekdays are free.
like to work with good people
Maintenance (Former Employee), Valdosta Ga,August 26, 2013
learn something new every day..
great people to work for
finishing
showing up for work
Hard labor
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 22, 2013
Open park, test out the rides, and ensure the safety of the ride. Hardest part was the distances in getting to work. Best part was serving the people and making them happy.
Wild Adventures is a great place to work.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2013
Cons: long hours, short breaks, sometimes over worked
Wild Adventures is a great place to work. You have day to day interactions with customers.
Admissions
Admissions Representative-SEASONAL (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 6, 2013
Pros: great palce to work
Cons: no hours
Help open location
Greet guest
Sales season passes, concert tickets, or general admission ticket
Fun work place and fun employees.
Guest Services/Ride Operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 19, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunches during big concerts, free entry into the park, discounts, great atmosphere for social people.
Cons: can be hot, some days you work 24 hours.
I enjoyed working at Wild Adventures. I was outside and got to meet a lot of new people.
Management listens and will work with you. Co-workers are really energetic. I love meeting new people and enjoyed all the positions i worked.
I love working for Guest Relations at Wild Adventures
Guest Relations Team Member (Current Employee), Valdosta GaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: discounts, employee help programs, free park admission
Wild Adventures is a friendly environment where all employees are treated like family. We work together to maintain an enjoyable environment. We are willing to help each other out and we strive to make each guest have the experience of their lifetime.
Productive and fun place to work.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: theme park (fun place to be during the summer hours)
Cons: very hot
Take pictures.
Sale Season tickets/ season passes.
Control the Entrace gate.
(Let people in and out of the Theme Park)
Count registers'.
Perform task as a Team Leader should.
Terrible Job
Attractions Team Member (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 19, 2013
Stressful , bad management , no overtime or advancing . Very hot with only a water cooler and fan . You can easily be replaced if you mess up on the job once .
Very nice place to work
o Food and Beverage Team Member (Current Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 20, 2012
Supervisors are friendly, rules are reasonable, pay is decent, they take really good care of the employees, fun and energetic workplace.
I love working at Wild Adventures and I love the people I work with and my customers. It is an awesome place all around.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 3, 2012
Pros: meeting new people, free lunch, good environment, awesome people
Cons: its seasonal
A typical day at Wild Adventures is very long but always interesting. Sometimes standing up for long periods of time can get tiring but the customers and coworkers make the day. You're having so much fun laughing and working you forget that you're tired. Since ive been at wild adventures ive grown in my communication skills and in my working status. I never thought working could be so much fun. The hardest part however is inventory. It takes time counting and making sure that everything is correct. The most enjoyable part of working is meeting new people, laughing and making friends. I love Wild Adventures. Its the best job ive ever had.
Funwork place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2012
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: only seasonal work
Fun workplace, customer service is ideal.Training and safety is important.Meet different people and being helpful.