Wild Adventures Theme Park Employee Reviews

Life guard
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 1, 2017
I would go into work everymorning, do pre-operational inspections then go on stand for about an hour at a time and only have restroom breaks during the "5 minutes" we had to rotate, we got a 30 minute lunch break.
Cons
Short breaks
It can be fun depends on what department you work in.
Park Services (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 23, 2017
A typical work day started from 6 am until 11 - 12 depending if there was extra work. For instants we did catering from time to time and that helped with hours and was fun. I learned how to use a lots of different tools that I never used before or much. Good work environment plenty of young middle aged people. So it's pretty easy to find people to get along with and pass time with. Hardest part of the job was staying hydrated. The backpack blowers can get pretty warm and walking the entire park. We always get a ten minute breather to do what we need to do n get back at it. Most enjoyable part was seeing the animals and other workers you run into on a daily basis.
Pros
When catering we got food.
Cons
A lot of short days.
fun work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 14, 2017
i really loved working at wild adventures theme park. a very exciting job. miss my old co workers and managers. really have thought about reapplying to work back there
Pros
free lunch
Cons
longer breaks
Great employees, but long hours on your feet and low pay.
Merchandise team member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 8, 2017
Wild Adventures was a great first job, but the long hours, harsh conditions (standing on your feet in the summer heat all day), and the low pay made it not worth continuing. I liked the changing environment since you could be placed at a different store each day, but that also made it hard to prepare for your day ahead of time. I was not told where I would be placed until I arrived to work the day of, so I had to prepare for being out in the sun, within a hot store, or within a cold store all at the same time! I very much enjoyed the people, and I think that's why I stuck it out for as long as I did. The hardest part of the job was when I would be placed in a store by myself and many guests would come in near closing time. It got very busy during the summer months, and not having help definitely hindered my potential. The management for the retail department was awesome, and listened when you talked to them despite being busy.
wild adventure
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clyattville, GAMarch 2, 2017
This is definitely a place for teenage workers or single people . I had some emergencies come up and they didn't want to work with me because I didn't give them two weeks notice . but on the plus side I got to meet my wife there .
Super busy and interactive job with many reponsiblitles
Lifeguard/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adel, GADecember 29, 2016
Check in with supervisor, you then go into your chores for opening. You then get all menus and silverware rolled and ready. Then you seat people, greet them, and help the servers.
Pros
half off food
Cons
little hours, not enough pay, grouchy co-workers
Fun Place to work
Merchandiser/ Ride Operater (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 22, 2016
I really liked working there. I meet a lot of new friends there. So of the staff was cool to work with and around. The customers were great and fun and a pleasure to be around
Pros
fun place
Cons
some staff
Best job i had. All about family and fun.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 2, 2016
A family fun park. Best job to have, lifeguard was pretty easy. Just hot. This job is something you would want to wake up to and come to, even though its not a career.
Pros
Fun, rides, water park.
Cons
Hot
amazing
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 27, 2016
They worked with my school schedule and they also helped me in my class work and helped me get better at cashiering... and they also gave me days when i needed them
Wild Adventures
Food And Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 5, 2016
My Work day at wild adventures was exciting and fun and i really in enjoyed a lot
I loved working out there we got in free with empolyee discounts and big paycheck every 2 weeks
Pros
One Break and Meeting New People
Cons
Transportation
Job security was excellent and supervisors were dedicated
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GA 31601September 14, 2016
Work conditions were very harsh and communication between coworkers often became stressed throughout the day. The high turnover with positions resulted in stress within areas. I would recommend a better system that keeps people and makes permanent workers have less harsh work conditions.
Theme park with many customers in a day.
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 5, 2016
Standing on your feet operating rides in the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter. Fun, out going employees and atmosphere. Keeping all customers happy on a daily basis was one of the hardest things about operating the rides.
Fun Amusement Park to go have fun at or work for.
Seasonal Help (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 3, 2016
If not working the toll booth to get in the park then you would be at the turnstiles checking people passes making sure they can enter the park or working in the building where you can either purchase new season pass or renew season pass to get in the park. You will be handling money if you work in the Season Pass Building. However, I did work with some wonderful co-workers and management.
Pros
Free Park Pass
Cons
Better Pay
Keeps me active and energetic
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2016
I love my job because I never had a job before. Wild Adventures got back with me soon as I put in my application. There are days when you run into rude guests and respectful guests. My co-workers are so amazing especially when I am having a bad day at work.
Pros
Free season passes and discounts
Cons
standing up and dealing with rude guests
A fun temporary place to work
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 16, 2015
Working at Wild Adventures was a lot of long but productive hours. Since the company does not do split shifts, team members can work up to 12 hour days. However, the managers do their best to schedule appropriately so that people can have at least 2-3 days a week off. The environment is friendly and open. It's a job that workers like for their fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the long hours spent on your feet with little or no break, except for lunch, usually out in the elements unless you work in Food and Beverage. The best part about the job is the people you work with, as we are allowed to interact with both our co-workers and the guests to provide a good time for all.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
Short breaks, hard to advance
attraction operator
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 30, 2015
operate rides
provide customer service
assist in daily routine
satisfy customer satisfaction
clean up and maintain work area
Wild Adventures
ATTRACTIONS TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 23, 2015
It is a very fun, exciting, nice, and adventurous place to visit with your friends and family. The people are so generous and patient. You will feel loved.
Pros
Employee Activities & lunch breaks
Cons
Very hot and crowdy
Not The Greatest Place To Work
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 9, 2015
Long hours with no overtime

Poor management

Poor communication

Poor organization

Poor pay

No benefits

Parent company does not funnel any money down to the park, so most conditions are poor.
Pros
Non
Cons
No benefits, no overtime
Awesome to ride the ride almost every hour
Attractions (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 2, 2015
Fun to work at, get to meet many people, sometimes the weather conditions can be a little extreme but they are okay. Everyday there is a different experience that people would like you to help them with and with you being there it makes them and you feel pretty good on the inside
Vey fun and my very first job
Game Host (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 31, 2015
I was responsible to host and operate the theme park games and gift shop. I met some new people and still friends with them today.
Pros
Worked at a theme park, recieved good hours and got some work expericence
Cons
Seasonal job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wild Adventures Theme Park. Our community is ready to answer.

Wild Adventures Theme Park Reviews by Location