WildCare Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
poorly run organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 11, 2017
A great organization that benefits the community. Sadly it is headed by two evil type A personalities that have a thirst for power that is to the detriment of the animals in care. Hopefully this will be rectified eventually.
Favorite place to work
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 5, 2017
This was an awesome experience. While I was there, we got two baby bobcats, which apparently hadn't happened in something like 15 years. My heart goes out to everyone trying to make this place work.
Wild life experience unlike anything else
Clinic Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Typical work day for clinic volunteers (afternoon shift) includes animal food preparation, facility cleaning, restocking, and daily animal enclosure checking. This volunteer job provides an extremely unique experience of working up-close with native California wildlife. Fellow volunteers are almost always motivated and the supervising staff readily teaches volunteers new tasks. There is in large part plenty of cleaning (animals' dishes and enclosure bedding must be cleaned and replaced several times per day) but the experience is rewarding and worth the dirty work. The hardest parts may include the sometimes busy days when there are many patients, but caring for the wild animals and getting to see them released back into their natural habitat is the best.
Pros
Unique hands-on experience, friendly staff, good hours
Cons
Long necessary training period before volunteer work begins
Wildcare was a great orginization to work for.
Volunteer Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 23, 2012
I would show up and take care of the animals needs, feeding/cleaning/medical, as well as maintainence issues as they arose. I would also take care of the Reptile/ Amphibian pager responsibilities and intake of animals as they came in, and if I was unable to be there I would arrange for another volunteer to do the intake.
Pros
helping out our fellow beings.
Cons
it was hard to see some of the animals in critical condition mostly due to human impact.