The Social Media Specialist/AAE (Assistant Account Executive) is responsible for growing and managing national brands’ social and digital presence through developing content and engaging with consumers to further brand strategy and communication goals.
The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of the basics for marketing communications, but possesses a passion for growing a brand through social and digital channels. You pride yourself on going above-and-beyond any ask, impeccable attention to detail, flexibility, time management skills, passion for diving headfirst into your brand’s business and innate willingness to learn.
You’ll be at the core of our expanding social and digital practice, which requires you to be a lot of things:
- Active user on multiple social media platforms (we’re not just talking Twitter and Facebook, folks).
- Passionate for social media, emerging technology, and digital communications — You're constantly on the lookout and sharing the coolest social campaigns, latest and greatest apps and awesome digital experiences.
- Excellent communicator — whether that’s showing off your quest for grammatical perfection or delivering a power-packed presentation.
- Consumer (and constructive commentator) on what makes a great visual for social and digital content. You know why you’re following the brands that you do, and we bet it has something to do with their killer visual content.
- Storyteller at heart. You love a good story when you hear it or see it, but even more, you love being the person behind-the-brand creating a rich story through words, picture, numbers, etc.
- Content curator. You’ll be creating monthly content and managing online communities daily across a multitude of channels, which all have to latter up to exceeding our brand’s goals.
- Strategic thinker with great ideas for how our brands can further their objectives through digital content and campaigns.
- Willing to get your hands dirty with writing, researching, monitoring, brainstorming and reporting daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
- Responsible for curating and developing content that support marketing & sales objectives, while increasing engagement and reach.
- Implement and maintain social and digital content that attracts attention, generates engagement and demands to be shared.
- Manage day-to-day activities related to social and digital, including: posting, monitoring, tagging, tracking, consumer outreach, analyzing conversations across various platforms and working alongside internal and external partners.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly analytics reports that show the power and ROI of social and digital campaigns.
- Engage and converse in an authentic dialogue with brand's community and the wider consumer audience, while also working with all teams to provide timely and helpful responses.
- Identify, engage and manage bloggers, other influencers and brand advocate relationships to build loyalty and affinity to further enhance brand communication.
- Work cross-disciplinary to create, execute and analyze social and digital content and campaigns.
- Provide constant insight and ideas around opportunities in the social space, emerging technology, best practices and use within the competitive landscape.
- Proactively listen, engage and report on brand, competitive and industry conversations to optimize content and identify new strategies, opportunities and ideas for campaigns.
- Maintain and become the brand voice and vision throughout all conversations.
- Effectively utilize Agency systems and procedures (opening jobs, billing, etc.).
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills that assist in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exhibit initiative, problem-solving mentality and decision-making ability.
- Ensure perfection in work that leaves the Agency.
- Deal directly with clients.
- Report to Account Executive.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or other related field.
- 2+ years work experience in Communications with a focus on social media (agency experience a plus).
- Understanding and knowledge of the digital marketing and social media including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, Google, Twitter, blogs, email marketing, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excels at research, is able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content.
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities based on organizational needs.
- Sense of urgency and pro-activeness.
- Interested in the fashion retail industry and desire to learn all aspects of the brand/business.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Subject to normal inside office conditions.
- Required to travel to Client locations and on other production related business.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal and /or visual inspection and evaluation of creative product.
- Regularly required to talk and hear in communications with co-workers and Clients.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit and use hands.
- Significant amount of work on computer requires ability to use keyboard.
- Occasionally required to reach with arms, carry/lift up to 20 lbs., stoop, kneel, bend and crouch.
- NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Indeed - 7 months ago