Wildlife Conservation Society

Wildlife Conservation Society United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Site Sales (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No healthcare
I enjoyed working at the Wildlife Conservation Society. I was able to offer a lot of families an outstanding opportunity to view the Bronx Zoo and to enjoy all of its amenities.
nothing permanent
Administrative Assistant to Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 19, 2015
seasonal job nothing crazy. it was nothing great, but a good way to get on my feet for the time being. nothing else to be said
I love this company
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
If you are looking for an immediate hire this company would be great for you. Also this company has many different positions to help better qualify you for a position.
Great Atmosphere
Budget Officer - Asia (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 6, 2015
Everyone is very friendly and work place feels like home. All employees are working toward saving animals around the globe.
Fun job but management is lacking
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Bronx ZooMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fast paced days
Cons: Broken a/c all the time, rude managers
You can have a good time with this job. If you follow directions and do what is asked, you'll be fine. However, they will fire you on a moment's notice if you break any rule, any rule at all. But the management will be breaking the same rules as they feel they can get away with anything.
Good hours
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
great hours friendly people all around but management is terrible. The job you will be assing to doesnt matter what it is itll be easy, but if any of the managers dont like you they will make you life harder. would pick on you and give you a write up for the smallest unnecessary things just to have a reason to fire you.
Friendly Enviroment, really depends on what department you work for. Things like feild or office and part-time or full-time can unfortunetly make the
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the bronx zoo free atractions for employers only, discounts on foos and merchandise. good employees, good friends are easy to make here. learn to work independantly, office: understood that you couldn't make it into work
Cons: poor working conditions weather wise, summer hot out all day, winter the same, favortism, managing's fault, unseen hard work goes unseen, managers aren't always availible, feild: never call out or pay by working next to camels, yup it can get really petty
A typical day at work would be;
1. Getting settled then read emails first
2. Check voice mails if any
3. Check copy machine for paper and toners (full/empty)
4. Grabbing the mail and placing them in mailboxes
5. Filing invoices, payment request forms and contracts
6. Walking over documents

(administrative work) etc

It really depends on what department you work for. Things like feild or office and part-time or full-time can unfortunetly make an impact on your experience as an employee at WCS. Depends on your work ethics too. As well as your pride. You decide which battle to pick. Some aren't even worth it. Just get the job done and go home happy. :)
Long days in the sun
Greeter (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
This job is great if you have nothing better to do in the summer time and you don't mind the long hours in the sun on your feet. I like animals but I hardly got to interact or see them
Seasonal Employment
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: seasonal employment
Loved the fact that I interacted with and met new people everyday. My co-workers were awesome, great attitudes overall. The hardest part was working in the hot hot sun in the summer time. The most enjoyable part was being able to enjoy the New York Aquarium for free.
Fun and busy workplace
Park Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: location, friendly atmosphere, ease in learning
Cons: seasonal
The job was productive, the people were friendly however; I would have liked to have secured the position full time
great job
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 11, 2014
the bronx zoo was a fun place to work at. my supervisor was fair and understanding. i worked with a great bunch of people. i made pick ups and deliveries of food and other items to restaurants and food carts throughout the zoo.
coworkers make the job worthwhile and supervisors super sweet
Parking Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2014
the job was fun filled all the time just work hard and do what you have to do and there are no problems
great place
Children's Zoo Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2014
It was a really good place to work. I learned as I worked which is what I like. The other seasonal workers and the keepers were great to work with. So were the supervisors, it was like one big family.
Productive place to work
Group Sales Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2014
• Understand the importance of maintaining excellent customer satisfaction. Customer service strength’s include communication, outreach and customer resolutions.
• Organizational: well organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment;
• Proficient in Galaxy order entry and ticketing, payment processing, multi-line telephone systems and office administrative filing. Microsoft word and Excel.
The Wildlife Conservation Society has the friendliest staff I've ever worked with
Seasonal Event Greeter (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
The staff were always positive and supportive. Part of it comes from the work that WCS does around to improve our connection to our environments. My immediate manager was so helpful and supportive of my job search after my seasonal employment.
Great learning opportunity for customer service.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 4, 2014
A typical work day included interacting with guests constantly. There is little room for boredom because there is always someone you can help find an item, or find their way through the exhibits.
I learned that sometimes just a smile and a good attitude can brighten someone's day.
Management was diligent in pointing out areas for improvement.
Co-workers were amazing to work with.
The hardest part of the job was staying on your feet for the entire day.
The most enjoyable part was having fun with the customers while demonstrating products.
not a bad job to start with
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 7, 2014
a great stepping stone for teenagers or kids in general to start at
WCS
Education (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: creating wildlife enrichment and supporting the keepers
Cons: not enough off-season activities
Review requirements for the days' activities; assigning duties to team followed by a briefing and special announcements.
Communicate with staff from other departments concerning special events or tours. Verifying cart availability for guest transport.
Sending team on their appointent rounds by 10am.
Public speaking is required and you learn to tailor your talks and tours to a different audience based on the toopic and age of the group.
Co-workiers have specific areas where they prefer to work so an attempt to accommodate them can be a challenge if we need coverage in other areas.
Making sure everyone is in compliance of park protocol.
The most rewarding aspect of working at the WCS is knowing you made a positive difference in the visitor experience. Also, providing the wildlife staff with the support they need, whether it is bringing attention to WCS concervation efforts or providing assistance in monitoring and reporting wildlife response to enrichment stimuli.
Fast pace inviornment.
Prep/Catering Supervisor/Event Planner (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of communication by management.
Team player staff. Overwhelming customer service. Need to acknowledge all he needs of customers.
Productive and fun with a lot of animals
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch & tickets to visit the places with family.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me was in enjoyable. I've learn a lot about animals, food, and much more. My coworkers was energetic nice an polite. i dont think there was any thing hard about the job. the part of the job i enjoyed the most was meeting new people making customers happy and having fun while doing those things.

1 2 3