Wildwood Programs Employee Reviews

It's your fault..
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Almost everyone is nice besides a few people that you don't actually see usually. Those people are the problem. Get rid of them and it'd be a lot better work environment. The people I work(ed) with are friendly and easy to get along with. We use teamwork to get things done if someone is falling behind or what not and it works perfectly fine, but those few people do everything in their little power to step on our toes. To sum this job all up with one word...DRAMA. We come in, do our job, and leave apparently teamwork and doing a great job doesn't matter here.
Pros
Benefits, most people are nice
Cons
Pay, constant drama
Great cause, great people, good benfits
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 31, 2016
An overall nice organization to work for. The people and the work culture are great. They have good benefits and are family friendly, with flex scheduling for many positions. However, there are not many opportunities for advancement.
Run for the hills
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 25, 2016
Worst job ever management lies let's there favorites get away with anything. Give promises that are never fulfilled. Cheap labor for the amount of work they want done. Major clicks unless you are in the click you work environment won't be fun.
Great Place to work
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 18, 2016
The benefits at Wildwood Programs are extraordinary. This includes low-cost health insurance, vacation, and sick time. Great place to work
Wildwood
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2016
I loved working with the clientele, I did not care for how the place was ran with regards to favoritism and not being supportive when I was pregnant and had many high risk appointments. They are a person centered approach which I like.
Challenging and rewarding
Recreation Manager (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 29, 2016
Although I took a new job position for the agency, the work load is not divided evenly. Some administration expects more and compensation is not evenly dispersed. Great co-workers, The hardest part of the job is that the support is low from certain parts of the agency.
The best part of the job is the Community integration and getting others out in the community.
Pros
Great benefits
Fun atomosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 17, 2015
I loved working as a Teacher assistant at Wildwood. Students are great & your team is awesome.
The hardest part is getting attached to the students when they move up to an older classroom.
Pros
Healthcare
Good ideals, poor execution
Direct Service Professional - Day Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Wildwood's strength used to be its staff. Their quality staff pool continues to dwindle as poor management decisions and lack of reasonable compensation for high-end human service workers discourage people from staying with the agency.
Work for other up to date modern agencies
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 26, 2014
I have worked for other agencies in the area and have a good 5 years experience. I the policies are still years behind the rest and since there is lack of employment in the agency they will force you to stay past your shifts plenty of times this occurred with me. Please work for other agencies as this one isunprofessional
worst job experience ever
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 13, 2014
Although there truly were a number of things that I liked about working for wildwood, I can honestly say that without a doubt, its was the very worst experience ever.
Pros
executive management, individuals served
Cons
pay, flexibility, HR, several terriblr employees

Want to know more about Wildwood Programs?

Ask a question
good workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 11, 2014
As a direct support professional I assisted individuals with developmental disabilities in caring for themselves and maintaining their independence. Typically i provided instruction of self-care and hygiene, assisting them with living independently or in a residential setting, and providing them with support in securing and maintaining employment.
I enjoyed working at Wildwood. I enjoyed working with individual that I felt that I could make a difference in their life.
Community Support Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 29, 2013
1. Read staff's progress notes and review plans that weren't address.
2. Being available for staff and individuals being served regularly, by phone, email, face to face.
3. Writing plans for individuals being serviced.
4. Being available to meet with families or finding programs for those being serve.
5. Making sure individuals homes are safe and sanitary.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring that those being served was not taken advantage of by others especially financially.

Individuals finally accomplishing a goal that they set for themselves, i.e. successfully counting demention of money or saving for an items that was on their wish list.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
can become stressful
Amazing people
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 30, 2013
Not only are the people you are serving amazing so are the staff, management and personel. Wildwood is a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly, flexibe.
Cons
Pay, Hours
Great job to start a career working with people with disabilities
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 3, 2012
Loved the experience. Was the first job I had working with people with disabilities and I learned as much from them as they did from me

2.4