Wildwood Programs Employee Reviews

Good ideals, poor execution
Direct Service Professional - Day Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Wildwood's strength used to be its staff. Their quality staff pool continues to dwindle as poor management decisions and lack of reasonable compensation for high-end human service workers discourage people from staying with the agency.
Work for other up to date modern agencies
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 26, 2014
I have worked for other agencies in the area and have a good 5 years experience. I the policies are still years behind the rest and since there is lack of employment in the agency they will force you to stay past your shifts plenty of times this occurred with me. Please work for other agencies as this one isunprofessional
worst job experience ever
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 13, 2014
Although there truly were a number of things that I liked about working for wildwood, I can honestly say that without a doubt, its was the very worst experience ever.
Pros
executive management, individuals served
Cons
pay, flexibility, hr, several terriblr employees
good workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 11, 2014
As a direct support professional I assisted individuals with developmental disabilities in caring for themselves and maintaining their independence. Typically i provided instruction of self-care and hygiene, assisting them with living independently or in a residential setting, and providing them with support in securing and maintaining employment.
I enjoyed working at Wildwood. I enjoyed working with individual that I felt that I could make a difference in their life.
Community Support Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 29, 2013
1. Read staff's progress notes and review plans that weren't address.
2. Being available for staff and individuals being served regularly, by phone, email, face to face.
3. Writing plans for individuals being serviced.
4. Being available to meet with families or finding programs for those being serve.
5. Making sure individuals homes are safe and sanitary.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring that those being served was not taken advantage of by others especially financially.

Individuals finally accomplishing a goal that they set for themselves, i.e. successfully counting demention of money or saving for an items that was on their wish list.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
can become stressful
Amazing people
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 30, 2013
Not only are the people you are serving amazing so are the staff, management and personel. Wildwood is a great place to work.
Pros
friendly, flexibe.
Cons
pay, hours
Great job to start a career working with people with disabilities
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 3, 2012
Loved the experience. Was the first job I had working with people with disabilities and I learned as much from them as they did from me