Wilen Direct: An all-inclusive print resource for direct marketers/mailers.
Our state-of-the art facility in Southern Florida handles a diverse roster of print projects and products.
This fast-paced printing company is currently seeking an experienced full-time Bindery Stitcher-Operator to join our team.
Wilen Direct offers huge opportunity to grow within the ranks. Our policy is to promote any qualified individuals from within first.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of Printing/Bindery experience. Along with solid Stitcher experience, the ability to run different types of equipment (cutters, folders, inserters, etc.) as well as basic -mailing knowledge is a definite plus.
This is a full time 2nd shift position, for a self-start, dependable individual with a strong work ethic. Work hours would be 7pm – 7am. Overtime, including weekends and holidays are mostly required.
- 5 year industry related experience required
- Follow written and verbal instructions effectively
- Ability to use measurement tools relevant to the trade and utilize basic math skills involving numbers, decimals and whole fractions
-Strong mechanical aptitude
- Physical requirements include long term standing, frequent bending and medium to heavy lifting up to 50LBS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, run and maintaining cutter, folder and saddle stitching equipment with a strong emphasis on maintenance. Operators are trained to perform all mechanical maintenance of their assigned machine
- Work closely with management, customer service as well as other department interaction
- Carton and skid packing
- Machine and area cleanup
- Must be able to assimilate both routine and non-routine instructions
- Accuracy and a keen eye for details essential
- Make adjustments to obtain target size, trim, stitch placement, signature pagination, signature pocket setup as well as any additional processes associated with each job, such as tabbing, mailing, etc.
- Responsible for learning and understanding all procedures/process control and workflow
- Replenish stock to machine, remove finished product, label for destination and route to appropriate department
- Perform daily lubrication, regularly scheduled maintenance, knife changes and repairs, etc
-Ability to multi task
- Keep work area clean and organized for a safe work environment
Drug free workplace, E-verify. To apply, Fax your resume, cover letter and hourly rate to 954-252-3984.