WILEY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Work environment
Administrative Assistant to Vice President of IA (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 11, 2018
The work place was a friendly environment with the students. I loved working with the students and being their liaison. I enjoyed counseling and encouraging them.
Boss was considerate
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 5, 2018
My review of the job would be that I enjoyed what I did, I was professional and got the job done. My boss was cool and was never really there so I took initiative with everything I did so his business was still ongoing and organized.
A typical Day
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at the library on campus. It was my second job after high school. I was taught a lot of information. I enjoyed helping my peers in the library and would do it again.
Productive and fun workplace
Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 30, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. I taught several courses in Biology to majors and non-majors each semester. As well, I academically advised Biology majors.
Pros
Fun workplace
A Place to Establish Career
Administrative Assistant/Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 21, 2017
The institution is a work in progress. Very stressful job. Expectations are very high and the pay is very low. Opportunities for advancement are there; however, you have to connect and align with the right people. Students make this job very rewarding. You get to see students mature and develop into professional individuals. If you are religious, there is Chapel service every Tuesday and the choir is nationally known.
Pros
SOME nice down to earth people
Cons
stress, lack of organization, combativeness, not student-centered
Productive and fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work is answering calls , directing people to the correct locations, filing paperwork, running errands. Everyone was really nice no complaints. Most of the time it was really quite.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
productive learn something new everyday.
Academic Success Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 29, 2017
Relaxed, start off asking your boss do any errands need to be ran. If not you fill an spread sheet for student athletes to sign in for tutorials. I learned how to work excel and create a spread sheet.
Hardest part of the job would be making sure everyone has the correct ours on the spread sheet and not trying to get extra money for work study. I enjoyed the job a lot because it e\was diverse and had plenty of people to converse with.
Very open and easy going enviroment
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 25, 2017
The Wiley College is the place where everyone can succeed as a tutor there in the Student Success Center everyone who is hired is required to commit to the cause of helping struggling students and it allows you to develop your own teaching style as well as cultivating positive relationships with students and professors. Management is understanding of special circumstances and will work with any issue that you have. The hardest part is keeping up with your own studies and the needs of those who receive tutoring from you.
Pros
Very understanding leadership
Cons
low pay
Wiley is a great pkace to work......
Dorm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 14, 2016
WileyC. Provided hope to all students from every walk of life. ...The very experience of being A Dorm Manager was the best feeling in the world... I Learned so much from this opportunity at Wiley... I can now take this experience and walk into many doors that Was closed to me...So WileyC is a great place for everyone being a student or staff.
Unmatched
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed obtaining my education at this great institution and working with the young women in the dormitory. Working here was wonderful, sometimes stressful due to completing homework and having to complete tasks pertaining to dormitory life.
Sincerity of staff and the outreach of the department to the college
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 19, 2016
I learned a lot presuming my duties as a student assistant in the Wiley College Criminal Justice department. Not only was the knowledge beneficial in courses but many of the skills I could apply to real life.
Pros
The learning environment
Cons
no cons
Rewarding place work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 9, 2015
Wiley is a great place to work. I normally arrive at work a few minutes before we open so that I can review my list and prioritize accordingly. The most difficult part of my job sometimes is that there are many priorities and trying to figure which one to do first. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to satisfy the customer.
Pros
Assist with developing young lives.
Cons
Health care is expensive
Wiley college
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall TXOctober 3, 2015
Perform experiments, collection and analysis of data, cell culture, cleaning and setting laboratory tools, supervision of standard and technical procedure utilized on experiments, assignment of tasks to friendly team members. The hardest par of the job is receiving undesirable results of an experiment, its challenging but at the same time keep you motivated to reach your desire goals. The most enjoyable part, is when you proved your hypothesis or you reach to a knew conclusion that can benefit human race and contribute to the science community.
Pros
Learn something new every day.
Cons
College program only.
Great Experience
Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 20, 2015
My peers made the job completely worth while ! Unfortunately the management was undergoing alot of changes during my tenure.
Enjoyable times with co-workrs
Student Athletic Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 18, 2015
My times at Wiley College were well spent and it was never a waste of time when I showed up to work. Anytime I was providing for others was a great moment that was cherished.
Pros
Time spent with peers
Cons
Only used for work study
Great School and Great Place for Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 3, 2015
Honored to be chosen to take part in research through the McNair Scholars program. The laboratory experience was great, although the living arrangement could have been coordinated better.
Very productive strong willed
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 24, 2015
i learned new experiences working here, i learned data input, organization, and communication skills. Everyone treated me very well. everyone was respectful and full of joy everyday at the work place.
Pros
learned new experiences
Cons
no cons
There were very valuable experiences gained and the contributions greatly aided the College in meeting many of it's goals and objectives.
AVP for Information Systems and Technology (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 6, 2015
General comments:

The College has an imbedded culture that limits the ability to take advantage of 21st Century applications necessary to grow enrollment and increase the competitive posture. Transformation was one of the key elements the College needs to more effectively align with it's mission and strategic plan. However, there was not a concerted effort to recognize the necessity for change, which is fundamental for transformation.

I was able to position effectively the necessity to improve the overall viability of mission critical systems, business continuity and security. These are cornerstone attributes for organizations planning their strategic viability.

A typical day at work:

My day at the office consisted of several aspects:

- Managing the technical staff supporting the data and telephony communications infrastructure from an IT perspective.

- Developing and positioning tactical and strategic planning documents.

- Working with the College executive management to propose or realign cost effective technology designed to enhance educational advancement and aid in improving business productivity and effectiveness.

What I learned:

I learned many valuable things as I have always viewed the importance of learning and new experiences. Maintaining an open mind is also key to this learning experience.

Specifically, I learned several things related to the need for open communications and team building. When there is a deeply embedded culture, various approaches need to be leveraged with the support of key stakeholders, in order to effect transformation.
  more...

Co-workers:

The information technology staff maintains a high level of dedication to the College with generally strong work ethics. The most recognized challenge was need to take greater advance of applications deigned to improve overall effectiveness and productivity. Thorough planning using project management and network/system monitoring needs improvement.

Overall the staff and management is competent and knowledgeable as it pertains to their job responsibilities.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

There is great benefit in knowing your knowledge and skills can substantially assist in helping the organization meet and exceed many of it's objectives. My project planning skills and strong technology background proved to be effective and well-received.
Pros
There is a strong commitment to the College that drives loyalty and work productivity improvements.
Cons
Need a better understanding of the benefits of strategic planning, the use of today's technology as a catalyst to meet 21st Century operations and growth requirements.
Productive place to work
Volleyball Coach/Academic (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 2, 2014
I have had fun working at Wiley College but I feel that it is time for a change. I would surely wish to get into the NCAA either as a head coach or an assistant coach. I am willing to learn every aspect of the NCAA and grow as a person and as a coach
nice clean place
Assisted the chief (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 14, 2014
upscale hotel was a great and comfortable environment to work in.