WILEY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding place work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 9, 2015
Wiley is a great place to work. I normally arrive at work a few minutes before we open so that I can review my list and prioritize accordingly. The most difficult part of my job sometimes is that there are many priorities and trying to figure which one to do first. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to satisfy the customer.
Pros
Assist with developing young lives.
Cons
Health care is expensive
Wiley college
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall TXOctober 3, 2015
Perform experiments, collection and analysis of data, cell culture, cleaning and setting laboratory tools, supervision of standard and technical procedure utilized on experiments, assignment of tasks to friendly team members. The hardest par of the job is receiving undesirable results of an experiment, its challenging but at the same time keep you motivated to reach your desire goals. The most enjoyable part, is when you proved your hypothesis or you reach to a knew conclusion that can benefit human race and contribute to the science community.
Pros
Learn something new every day.
Cons
College program only.
Great Experience
Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 20, 2015
My peers made the job completely worth while ! Unfortunately the management was undergoing alot of changes during my tenure.
Enjoyable times with co-workrs
Student Athletic Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 18, 2015
My times at Wiley College were well spent and it was never a waste of time when I showed up to work. Anytime I was providing for others was a great moment that was cherished.
Pros
Time spent with peers
Cons
Only used for work study
Great School and Great Place for Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 3, 2015
Honored to be chosen to take part in research through the McNair Scholars program. The laboratory experience was great, although the living arrangement could have been coordinated better.
Very productive strong willed
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 24, 2015
i learned new experiences working here, i learned data input, organization, and communication skills. Everyone treated me very well. everyone was respectful and full of joy everyday at the work place.
Pros
learned new experiences
Cons
no cons
There were very valuable experiences gained and the contributions greatly aided the College in meeting many of it's goals and objectives.
AVP for Information Systems and Technology (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 6, 2015
General comments:

The College has an imbedded culture that limits the ability to take advantage of 21st Century applications necessary to grow enrollment and increase the competitive posture. Transformation was one of the key elements the College needs to more effectively align with it's mission and strategic plan. However, there was not a concerted effort to recognize the necessity for change, which is fundamental for transformation.

I was able to position effectively the necessity to improve the overall viability of mission critical systems, business continuity and security. These are cornerstone attributes for organizations planning their strategic viability.

A typical day at work:

My day at the office consisted of several aspects:

- Managing the technical staff supporting the data and telephony communications infrastructure from an IT perspective.

- Developing and positioning tactical and strategic planning documents.

- Working with the College executive management to propose or realign cost effective technology designed to enhance educational advancement and aid in improving business productivity and effectiveness.

What I learned:

I learned many valuable things as I have always viewed the importance of learning and new experiences. Maintaining an open mind is also key to this learning experience.

Specifically, I learned several things related to the need for open communications and team building. When there is a deeply embedded culture, various approaches need to be leveraged with the support of key stakeholders, in order to effect transformation.

Co-workers:
  more...

The information technology staff maintains a high level of dedication to the College with generally strong work ethics. The most recognized challenge was need to take greater advance of applications deigned to improve overall effectiveness and productivity. Thorough planning using project management and network/system monitoring needs improvement.

Overall the staff and management is competent and knowledgeable as it pertains to their job responsibilities.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

There is great benefit in knowing your knowledge and skills can substantially assist in helping the organization meet and exceed many of it's objectives. My project planning skills and strong technology background proved to be effective and well-received.
Pros
there is a strong commitment to the college that drives loyalty and work productivity improvements.
Cons
need a better understanding of the benefits of strategic planning, the use of today's technology as a catalyst to meet 21st century operations and growth requirements.
Productive place to work
Volleyball Coach/Academic (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 2, 2014
I have had fun working at Wiley College but I feel that it is time for a change. I would surely wish to get into the NCAA either as a head coach or an assistant coach. I am willing to learn every aspect of the NCAA and grow as a person and as a coach
nice clean place
Assisted the chief (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 14, 2014
upscale hotel was a great and comfortable environment to work in.
This job was a fun and different experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall TXJune 15, 2014
Working at Wiley college was an honor and a great experience for me i really enjoyed and loved it and would not mind going back. the people and mangers were great this job made you feel as if you were at home like family basically
internship
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 21, 2014
• General administrative duties (faxing, filing, copying, phone calls)
• Maintenance of photo files
• PowerPoint presentations
• Create brochures/flyers
Great place for professional development opportunities
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 28, 2014
Wiley College is a great place to gain professional development opportunities.
At the end of the day you were assisting people to fulfill their dream of a college education
Transfer and Admission Counselor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 31, 2014
As an admissions counselor and recruiter for a 4 year institution it was my job to assist prospective students with the admissions process by making sure that all applications and paper work were in order and complete, we also were responsible for visiting high schools and junior colleges to promote the university's strengths so that we would attract potential new or transfer students. I really enjoyed traveling to recruiting fairs and setting up or informational tables next to all of the other universities and colleges and watching the excited students rush to gather all of the information that they could in order to make an informed decision about their future.
Pros
doing what i love to do
Cons
management wasn't accessible
Highly enjoyable place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working at Wiley and working with the students. This job kepth me thinking of various ways in educating my students to new knowledge. The type of enployer that you would like to live the rest of your life with.
Pros
academic freedom
Cons
i didn't have a phd in my field of study.
Great
Shift Leader Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 16, 2013
Love working in the environment
great opportunities to move up
very interesting with daily activities varying
Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 27, 2013
Manage shift work and employees
Was Fire marshal and safety person
Controlled 1400-1600 students @ a time
Pros
exciting and positive envoriment
Cons
lack of staff
A Learning and challenging experience
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 26, 2013
Assisted the lab coordinator in labeling and classifying slides, preparing and growing cultures. Recorded and managed data for clinical studies as well as cleaned and maintained lab equipmement
Wiley College
Lecture in Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 18, 2013
Good place to start of teaching career.. Small classes.
Nice CO-workers, small town.
Serious work place
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXAugust 24, 2013
Working there was good experence. Was informed well an the pay was great I just was not able to get many hours.
A very nice place to work.
Chief of Security and Safety (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TexasAugust 20, 2013
I was responsible for all of the safety requirements for the entire college. I spent weeks working with inspectors and other regulators concernig safety issues.

4.2