Wiley Rein LLP

Wiley Rein LLP Employer Reviews

Stay Away from this Firm
Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 28, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: low pay, mediocre benefits, terrible work environment
Overbearing, micro-managing leadership in the various departments leads to high turnover. You're asked for ideas and input, but they shoot them down all the time. Absolutely no flexibility in work schedule. There is no comp time, nor reward to working above and beyond. The firm operates in a very abusive unfriendly manner. Unless you are an attorney – more... the firm does not care and happy with their revolving door.

Upper management has heard it all but chooses to do nothing to fix the problems. This is why they loose quality talent to other firms. So many other better and more qualified firms that will appreciate your talents.

Example: The marketing department will continue to be a disorganized, micromanaged pain factory. CMO seems to be untouchable. Human Resources has heard it all and seems to be powerless to change things or just chooses to ignore the constant complaints. Stay away!!! You will regret wasting your time at Wiley. – less
productive work environment, enjoyed working with staff, user friendly accounting software (CMS/Rippe and Kingston)
Billing Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day was productive, I supervised eight billing specialist and one billing file clerk. I observed the daily work request, disiminate work and offered sound solutions work to related issues. Provided work progress reports to CFO in daily management meeting. I improved my ability to work around problems to provide solutions within the work place – more... while maintaining the firms objectives and improving the morale of the staff. The hardest part of the job was implementing change, the most enjoyable part was making the effort to restore confidence between Management and Staff by providing training exercise, collaborating with the staff and implementing written procedures and department practices to provide a sense of transparency. – less
A wonderful firm to work for.
Legal Secretary (Healthcare) (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: more administrative work than secretarial in my position
A very nice workplace. I truly enjoyed my tenure there, and especially enjoyed working for the same two partners during my time with the firm. A good relationship with all my co-workers. The firm genuinely cared about their employees, which made my decision to leave the firm much more difficult.
Legal Experience
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2012
-Posted website content and made online updates to attorney bios, events/speeches and articles
-Updated and formatted all branded marketing materials and documents