Wiley Employee Reviews

Very Productive place to work with a balance on fun and amazing peers
Commercial Sales Support, Global Operations (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Wiley is a great place to work for Millennials. management and peers are always eager to give a helping hand. It is one well oiled machine, many departments are involved in projects so accountability is very important.
Pros
lost of events planned by the events committee. Beer and wine during events
Cons
lack of growth
Incredible first job opportunity
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJanuary 15, 2018
Wiley is an amazing place to work when you are just starting out. The office is well-lit and full of remarkable people.
However, the job itself can be incredible stressful. Some of the higher-ups don't seem to communicate well, so it's easy to get conflicting messages when working on projects. The role also seems to be shifting more towards sales, which I do not believe is appropriate for some of our societies or libraries.
The pay is also substandard and raises and promotions are limited.
Editorial assistants rarely stay for too long, but it is a great way to get office training and figure out how to stay afloat in a demanding role.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Low pay, stressful tasks
Relaxed environment
Market Solutions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 2, 2018
Wiley was a good place to work if you're looking for a slow paced work place. The managers were very nice and in general it was a no stress work environment.
I would love to do this job again
Direct Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2017
This was a great job I would like to do again, the trouble is finding out where! I was a direct marketing assistant where I coded email blasts for the company's marketing division. My only complaint is that the budget would not allow me to work full time. Otherwise, I would still be at Wiley Publishing.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Ongoing restuctures
Digital Editor and Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2017
Too many organizational restructures to feel comfortable working at Wiley. Very focused on the bottom line but hasn't yet found the right business model for growth.
Nice place to work, good people around
Intern (Former Employee) –  HobokenDecember 2, 2017
Refurnished modern working space, nice people around. Good to work, free coffee and milk, you can have lunch at second floor. The company is facing with challenge of the transformation, need a lot of work to do.
Pros
Nice environment and people
Cons
Transformation
Fun workplace
bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2017
My day started with depositing money which was rent and HOAs. Reconciled accounts, paid bills, and regular book keeping things. I did get asked questions from renters and association members on what they owed.
Pros
Paid vacation/ time off
Cons
No benefits
Fun and Creative Workplace!
Interactive Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 17, 2017
A typical day is to come in to meet media team and discuss future developments of projects. Everyday is different with different clients. The best part is working with a tight knitted group that is always willing to help if there is something is wrong.

Healthy and balanced environment! <3
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and Fun workplace
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Intern (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 15, 2017
The atmosphere here is amazing. People enjoy talking to each other. There are a lot of events and places to relax when stressed. managers are very understanding and helpful. Awesome!
Worked as a consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 7, 2017
Worked from home on my own schedule. Developed educational software and videos. The management was very friendly.The have a friendly workplace; I worked with several Wiley personnel in order to a high quality project. The hardest part of the job was searching for the right software for each project. The most enjoyable of the job was delivering a high quality product to the customer.
EA to EVP, Professional Development
EA to COO, Prof. Dev. Div. (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 6, 2017
I worked with this executive whose work life consisted of working oftentimes offsite (heavy travel and home base in England). My daily work life would extend beyond the normal working hours. Heavy calendar and travel management. Flexibility and ability to reach out to other senior managers to achieve proper and correct results was frequent. The time management to prepare quarterly reports for CEO was a group effort. I worked with the VP of Finance closely and he became my default manager when my manager was unavailable. The most challenging part of this position was working with close time constraints. The most enjoyable aspect of this position enabled me to push myself harder in anticipating the needs of my manager when he wasn't available to me.
Pros
A people oriented company, flexible work hours and great benefits.
Cons
At times frustrating when manager was unavailable due to time constraints.
A fun publishing firm
Corporate Services Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 2, 2017
I handled the nationwide purchasing of office equipment, office supplies, publications, periodicals, programs and collateral for various departments. I would also process Accounts Payables/Receivables and create monthly reports of paid and pending invoices.

The workplace culture was friendly and supportive.
Pros
It was a fun position
Cons
It was temporary
Shrinking industry if in the textbook division so not much security.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 26, 2017
Shrinking industry if in the textbook division so not much security. Family controls, but tough in today's economic environment. Other divisions much better.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Markets are tough
Used to be a good place but sinking fast
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Due to restructuring there has been no advancement, career pathing, or cost of living increases. And they dont seem to care.
You might get a once a year bonus, which gets reduced quickly in taxes. And now they have starting cutting back on benefit options. Lots of people have already jumped ship.
Behind the times
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2017
WIley isn't a very modern marketer and they are currently going through many organizational changes. This is why I wouldn't recommend Wiley to my peers.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
Pay, management
What a great place to work!
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 8, 2017
I have always wanted to work for Wiley, and I must say I am not disappointed now that I work here. My typical day consists of interacting with individuals from all walks of life. I am faced with new challenges on a daily basis; thankfully I have a wonderful team behind me. All of my colleagues are always ready to lend a helping hand. They are constantly sharing their knowledge, allowing me to grow and develop at a faster pace than my previous jobs. I manager is FANTASTIC. I always feel like I am supported and have the tools needed to do my job.
Company downhill but used to be good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 28, 2017
Typical work culture, IT is stressful at times especially management roles, hands on roles are pretty safe. 6 weeks vacation is good but they dont give any sick days which kind of balances off with other companies.
Pros
vacation
Cons
industry downhill
Highly competent and intelligent staff that works beautifully as a team.
Special Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2017
This is an amazing group of very dedicated and educated professionals; editors, marketing, production and customer service staff who are highly talented, creative and motivated to publish journals and who have long-lasting relationships with their authors and customers. I learned everything from them and feel privileged to have worked there for six years as a contractor.
Pros
Great lunches and dinners out with the boss
Cons
Can't think of any
Traditional but transitioning
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Struggling with transition from print to digital. Political environment that does not evenly reward solid performance. Some very good folks though and decent values. A considerable amount of autonomy is provided and appreciated. Struggling with company growth (lack of).
Pros
People
Wiley is going through changes
Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
Like all publishers, Wiley is navigating some significant market changes and is undergoing some significant organizational realignments the last few years. It has a great culture and the company generally treats employees well. I had a high degree of flexibility on my hours which helped in managing things like daycare. Apart from bonuses, individual performance is not always consistently recognized or rewarded and it seems difficult to climb very high in the organization if you do not live in Hoboken (HQ).
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Hard to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wiley. Our community is ready to answer.