Wilkes University Employee Reviews

Fantastic intelligent environment
Intern Grants Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 1, 2017
As an intern, I am not able to speak to the benefits or advancement at Wilkes. However, I greatly enjoyed my time working at the university. For the most part, coworkers and management are all kind and helpful. Most of the office off-days coincide with students' holidays, which allows for time with family. The culture is progressive and hardworking, but there is also appropriate time to eat and briefly relax. Bosses care about your success, not just theirs
Excellent school
Opinion Editor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 11, 2017
Wilkes University cares about their students and is staffed with professors who truly show a passion for their job. I feel that I will be successful when I obtain a job after earning my degree.
if team work and networking are combined, the goal will be reached
Graduate assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 19, 2017
working in a team and Supervising subcontractor supervisors give the experience how to communicate with other party in the business. Also, they help the brain for critical thinking and make the right decision. Responsibility for project supplies and purchases enhanced me to be familiar with the type of materials and their qualities. Then, I could make the decision to purchase or not
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
the company did not uses the advantage of technology such as Solidworks and Excel
School
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 5, 2017
My job was through the school as a student, so N/A if you do not attend Wilkes. But if you have a degree and work experience I believe they treat the teachers well
Adjunct in Education Dept.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 1, 2016
Wilkes is a liberal arts school that has an excellent Education Dept. From undergraduate to Doctoral, students can matriculate throughout this school.

They are currently trying to integrate the "siloes" in the school to do more collaborative work.
Pros
Excellent programs
Cons
not enough online
good company
Visiting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 22, 2016
very good company they have a strong mangment system which understand the employees thoughts and solve all the problem they might face.
Amazing professors, horrible administration
Undergraduate Researcher and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 31, 2016
Administration is terrible and cannot manage anything. They lose checks and miss deadlines constantly, plus they are not friendly and impossible to interact with. There are too many front lines of people who answer phones and cannot actually help you. The people with power are at least three transfers away from the initial call. The professors are all amazing people though who love their jobs and are very friendly/willing to help.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2016
Enjoyed the support staff however, changes occurred and the new management appeared to look for ways to downsize, as a result the experience was not as enjoyable.
Pros
online
Cons
transition
Gained Alot of experience for the real world
Production Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 4, 2016
Wilkes has taught me alot about the real world. My college taught me how to work a camera, and gain experinence in the passion, I love most, which is editing. I can take what I learned and apply it to a real job.
A great place to start out
Director of Annual Giving (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 3, 2016
A great place to get some experience and get your degree. Many great people to work with. Most are friendly and helpful. Great health benefits as well as free tuition.
Pros
Free tuition for you, your spouse and children
Cons
worked many hours including weekends and nights
Okay group
Chemistry Lab Technician & Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 28, 2016
Leadership is left to be desirable. The people I worked for are really nice and fun. Had a great time but administration is a mess and are after money only.
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PADecember 22, 2015
A day at the writing centre includes opening the workplace and waiting for the students. Upon arrival, my job is to skim their paper for grammatical errors and sentence structure errors while making sure their content is in line with their thesis. An important part of my job as a Writing consultant is to make sure that I let my students try to improve their writing by being a constructive critic.
Pros
Productive and helping
Cons
Redundant
Good Opportunities to get experience as an undergraduate
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaFebruary 21, 2015
I worked in a temporary research position when I was a senior. We were able to set our own hours and were allowed to work up to 35 hours per week. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Caring co-workers
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Wilkes UniversityDecember 18, 2014
It is a fun and hardworking atmosphere where people work together. There is a feeling of being part of a team. I never worry about not getting something completed, because my co-workers would help out at any time.
Hands-on atmosphere
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 9, 2014
I was fortunate enough to find a work study job in which I interacted with the professors of the Department of Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at Wilkes University. Many of these professors taught me in a class room setting as well. A typical day at work consisted of anything from washing laboratory glass ware, to helping a class by running the various laboratory equipment. Through this job, I obtained a lot of knowledge of the operation of standard lab equipment including Atomic Absorption (AA) Graphite Furnace and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS). I also learned how to work in a laboratory environment using standard lab safety practices, as well as passing along safety instruction to others.
fun place to work at
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 3, 2014
Programmed for getting RNA data from PDB files. I was the only one working.
Close knit community
Member (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 3, 2014
Small, and intimate class settings. Teachers and professors wanted you to succeed. Gave you the tools and knowledge to be productive in your endeavor's.
Proactive management
Teaching Assistance / Mentor for Senior Project (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PANovember 12, 2013
Management had proactive approach on problems. The hardest part was managing work load between several responsibilities that I had and my course as a student there.
Stable, calm environment for assisting students in A/V lab.
TECH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 15, 2013
A typical day of work was rather predictable. Students and employees were required to physically occupy the Integrative Media lab to supervise students and A/V equipment while assisting students with questions or equipment rental requests when needed. Co-workers and fellow students were always a pleasure to work and converse with. We learned about various programs and A/V tools and equipment, as well as how to store and maintain them properly. Management was very friendly and easygoing. There were no particular hardships to the job, and the ability to work on schoolwork in the lab was a excellent benefit.
Pros
Open-ended environment, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
None.
Enjoyed my time at Wilkes University.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 21, 2013
I enjoyed working with all departments within Wilkes University. Everyone was extremely helpful in answering questions and giving advice when asked. I enjoyed going to work every day and looked forward to helping students and their families adjust to campus life. The hardest part of the job was seeing the students graqduate and leave campus. The best part of the job was hoping that I helped the students achieve their goals.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
None come to mind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilkes University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4