Wilkes University Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to start out
Director of Annual Giving (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 3, 2016
A great place to get some experience and get your degree. Many great people to work with. Most are friendly and helpful. Great health benefits as well as free tuition.
Pros
Free tuition for you, your spouse and children
Cons
worked many hours including weekends and nights
Okay group
Chemistry Lab Technician & Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 28, 2016
Leadership is left to be desirable. The people I worked for are really nice and fun. Had a great time but administration is a mess and are after money only.
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PADecember 22, 2015
A day at the writing centre includes opening the workplace and waiting for the students. Upon arrival, my job is to skim their paper for grammatical errors and sentence structure errors while making sure their content is in line with their thesis. An important part of my job as a Writing consultant is to make sure that I let my students try to improve their writing by being a constructive critic.
Pros
Productive and helping
Cons
Redundant
Good Opportunities to get experience as an undergraduate
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaFebruary 21, 2015
I worked in a temporary research position when I was a senior. We were able to set our own hours and were allowed to work up to 35 hours per week. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Caring co-workers
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Wilkes UniversityDecember 18, 2014
It is a fun and hardworking atmosphere where people work together. There is a feeling of being part of a team. I never worry about not getting something completed, because my co-workers would help out at any time.
Hands-on atmosphere
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 9, 2014
I was fortunate enough to find a work study job in which I interacted with the professors of the Department of Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at Wilkes University. Many of these professors taught me in a class room setting as well. A typical day at work consisted of anything from washing laboratory glass ware, to helping a class by running the various laboratory equipment. Through this job, I obtained a lot of knowledge of the operation of standard lab equipment including Atomic Absorption (AA) Graphite Furnace and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS). I also learned how to work in a laboratory environment using standard lab safety practices, as well as passing along safety instruction to others.
fun place to work at
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 3, 2014
Programmed for getting RNA data from PDB files. I was the only one working.
Close knit community
Member (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 3, 2014
Small, and intimate class settings. Teachers and professors wanted you to succeed. Gave you the tools and knowledge to be productive in your endeavor's.
Proactive management
Teaching Assistance / Mentor for Senior Project (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PANovember 12, 2013
Management had proactive approach on problems. The hardest part was managing work load between several responsibilities that I had and my course as a student there.
Stable, calm environment for assisting students in A/V lab.
TECH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 15, 2013
A typical day of work was rather predictable. Students and employees were required to physically occupy the Integrative Media lab to supervise students and A/V equipment while assisting students with questions or equipment rental requests when needed. Co-workers and fellow students were always a pleasure to work and converse with. We learned about various programs and A/V tools and equipment, as well as how to store and maintain them properly. Management was very friendly and easygoing. There were no particular hardships to the job, and the ability to work on schoolwork in the lab was a excellent benefit.
Pros
open-ended environment, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
none.
Enjoyed my time at Wilkes University.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 21, 2013
I enjoyed working with all departments within Wilkes University. Everyone was extremely helpful in answering questions and giving advice when asked. I enjoyed going to work every day and looked forward to helping students and their families adjust to campus life. The hardest part of the job was seeing the students graqduate and leave campus. The best part of the job was hoping that I helped the students achieve their goals.
Pros
free education
Cons
none come to mind
Wilkes is best suited for the aspiring engineer who wants a small class size and loads of hands on experience with local companies.
Graduate Assistant/Robotics Lab Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 13, 2013
For a small school, Wilkes offers all of its students the opportunity to get hands on experience in labs that deal with the average problems engineers encounter on the job. Like all small engineering programs, the quality of your education is directly proportional to the amount of work you personally put into it. The professors are more then willing to help students develop new ideas, and the department gets enough funding to make these ideas a reality, but again, it is only if the student puts in the effort. I feel like the skills that were taught to me here have prepared me for the real world, and even though its not a big name engineering university, the close relationship to the local industries sets it apart from most other small universities.
Pros
abet acredited, small class sizes, engaged faculty, hands on experience, and close relationship to local engineering companies.
Cons
lab equipment is slightly outdated..
Productive workplace
Student Development Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 14, 2012
Nice, easy-going place to work. Staff is friendly. Everyone works together, and it's fair
Laid back atomsphere and fun work environment.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 28, 2012
I did many different jobs while employed here. I enjoyed getting to know the students and the job was a little hard when I had to work in the dishroom.
Pros
seeing the students every day
Cons
i worked really late hours.

4.3