Willamette Dental Group

Willamette Dental Group Employer Reviews

catty office
Assistant (Former Employee), meridian, IDOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pay. benefits
Cons: catty staff
in general the job was amazing i loved working there most day. it was a very big office and there was a lot of catty staff there. it made for a rough work environment.
Work place needs improvement
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Seattle, WA NorthgateAugust 29, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, self available resources, overall company willingness to grow
Cons: highly critical staff, stubborn personalities, lack of communication, lack of understanding of what externship should entail
From what I was able to gather, work place is chaotic with minimum level compensation and routine dental assistant travel based on other practice needs.
As an extern, achievements that are expected of individuals should be properly communicated to all staff. When interviewing, I would have not accepted this offer had I known the environmental circumstances. – more... Staff was hot headed, highly critical and lacked proper training in understanding developmental process that externs should properly receive. Staff must be prepared and in the know of extern arriving date. Dentist and assistant routinely took leaves of absence during externship, which made time management nontransparent to extern. Because of this failed communication, extern time was rocky and unwilling to consider employment with company due to company culture bias, lack of newest level dental technology and procedure based workings.
Had extern site been culturally up to date, morally responsible, less critical, extern dental assistant would have considered employment with Willamette Dental Group.
One major unfortunate limitation was the lack of understanding that externs come in with a general understanding of how to handle x-rays, sterilization, tray set ups and so on. Had they understood this and not been overly critical, time would not have been wasted on "teachings." I regret choosing Northgate Willamette Dental Groups as a site for my externship.
Overall, Oral Health Care Professionals should be responsible, communicative, understand global companionship and be open to change. In an increasingly growing and changing field, members of any Oral Health Care Environment should not be fixed, critical, or stubborn in nature. – less
Very nice place to work
Chair side Assisting (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 20, 2014
Very productive place to work would work for them if they were in the state of Georgia
Easy!
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OregonJune 20, 2014
Pros: using my multitask skills
Very easy to use! I loved my co-workers and the different tasks that I preformed on a daily basis!
F
Lead Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: lack of supporting management, over-worked/under-paid, lack of recognition & training opportunities, very old fashioned ceo
I look forward to my next career opportunity. Unfortunately, WDG has lost focus of their own core values... Although they preach a "patient centric" business model it is completely about the bottom line. The work environment is extremely stressful but only by the doing of the manager who creates a tornado of gossip and uses foul language.
good benefits
General Dentist (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good medial benefits
Cons: long work hrs
10 hr days---40 hrs/week
axium charting
management at office level good
hard working co workers

not in control of schedules
paid time off
Hearts in the right place
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee), WashingtonJuly 26, 2013
Pros: variety, benefits, learning opportunities, great for clinical staff
Cons: very little opportunities for advancement, senior management, appreciation for practice managers
Willamette has great ideas and aspirations for greatness. The business model makes so much sense you could wonder why other healthcare providers don't adopt it. The company is focused on being on the cutting edge of evidence based dentistry and being innovators of managed care. The problems lie with the fact that sr. Management and the Administrative – more... offices start all these great initiatives and projects simultaneously expecting the branch offices who run very busy schedules to keep up, run the projects and still keep up with everything else. Dumping more and more and more on Managers and clinical staff. There is an abundance of plans with good intentions but no plans for sustainability and support. The owner of the company tends to surround himself with "yes men" which in my opinion hinders true growth of the company and achieving what I know it could.

As a Practice Manager I support much of what they are trying to do but when they changed the job description and responsibilities a couple of years ago effectively doubling our scope and consistently ask more without increasing pay parameters it weighs on you heavily. They have also tripled the load on Directors of Operations in recent years which provides Practice Managers very little support even as you are required to attain approval on almost everything.

I love the staff I manage and the variety of things I get to do every day. My office is a wonderful, supportive environment, however, beyond our walls it's very different.

The company has solid benefits. I would say great but our dental plan isn't as good as some of our patients' which seems odd since we provide the service.

Company isn't the worst I've ever worked with and like I said, they have good intentions but something is... broken or disconnected. – less
Good pay for hard work
General Dentist (Former Employee), Bend, ORApril 10, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits, great dental staff
Cons: long days, very taxing work, clueless managers
Beginning a day of dental services at 7 AM is hard, but then continuing it until 6 PM is nearly impossible. The office is very busy all day, and any down time is rare. The staff personnel are well-trained and very respectful. They made the job doable. Management could be improved by hiring healthcare professionals to manage the offices instead of ordinary – more... MBAs with no knowledge of dental services. I enjoyed earning a good paycheck with benefits and having my professional expenses covered by my employer. – less
I Agree With Beware Of This Company!!!
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 23, 2013
Cons: no breaks, no respect for rdh
I had worked for over 20+ years as a RDH for this company and gave my best and was tossed out with a bunch of lies as to why. I felt such a relief from the burden of the schedule and management. It was a blessing that I was no longer there.
12 hours work days. Completed new pt., verified insurance, took patient and ins.calls. Scheduled patients in a 60 patient a day pract
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Albany, ORDecember 15, 2012
Pros: very busy and great patients.
Cons: long work days, had to open and close building, do banking after clocked out, worked about 13 hour days
Prepared patient charts, verified insurance before every appt. Scheduled all re-visits and kept dentists apprised of time constraints, emergencies etc. We had a great team. I loved dealing with the patients. The hardest part of the job was verifying every patient's insurance before every visit. Very time consuming.
Beware of this Company!!!!!
Portland, Oregon Metro Float Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor working conditions and high stress.
Beware of this Company. You will give and give the best years of your life and then to keep the admins bottom line where they think it should be, you are layed off so they can hire employees at a lower rate of pay. I was told that when an opening was available that I would be rehired,after a work force reduction, but I applied for 7 different positions – more... without even one call. I worked for this company 12+ years, went wherever I was asked, worked extra when needed and was very badly treated as a past employee. There is a constant turnover of Dentists,mostly because their demands on the amount of procedures and patients is totally unrealistic for new grads and older Dentists alike. I would never recommend them was a employer or a dental provider. – less