Willamette Dental Employee Reviews

Busy work schedule
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 12, 2017
Fast paced, busy work schedule. Average 25-35 patients seen a day. Long work hours. Paid time off, Bonus available, 401k, multiple office locations.
great
Extern (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 25, 2017
great place to have experience. Every Co worker in the office was really helpful and friendly to work with. The experience was wonderful. The management was there.
Credentialing Specialist/Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Loved this place. I wish that I could have stayed. I would recommend this organization to everyone. No complaints. Management and leaders are top rate.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Benefit out of pocket cost
Overworked and Cutthroat enviroment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 1, 2017
The company is fantastic but management very cut throat. Its all about politics there if your friends and suck up to management your job is safe. If you bust your off do your job and mind your business you get fired. So much gossip in the office i worked in.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Not much to say.
Medical Billing Extern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 11, 2017
Wow, 150 characters huh. Okay, here goes. This was just an externship and only on my resume to show some of the stuff I learned while attending Bryman College.
My Co workers were awesome
Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 11, 2017
Staffing was always an issue but I had a great team. The lack of staffing causes everyone to be stressed. If WD offered a training program to ensure better quality employees the stress would be lifted from the other employees.
work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 31, 2017
I worked four days out of the week, I was garanteed 4/10s, a typcial work day is quite busy. Doctors schedules were always double booked. I started working for willamette dental right out of Dental Assistanting school. I worked for them for about 2 and half years. they are open five days a week an open every other saturday. overall I learned so much from willamette denal and there employees.
This company has done very well by me
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 14, 2017
I started here with a new doctor and new office, was able to learn at a slower pace and can now function in a quicker paced office. Large turnover with management.
Pros
learning while working, benefits
Cons
management turnover
Freindly Staff very willing to teach
Externship Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 26, 2017
The employees there were very friendly and helped me learn a lot. They were more then willing to allow me to jump in and assist on any procedure I wanted to.
Great work place
RDH (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 23, 2017
Work for Willamette Dental for many years and loving it. I would retire from WDG if my family have not move out of state. Great company treatment philosophy and competitive pay.
Great place to work if you have experience in the dental field
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2017
This is a great place to work if you know or have family working for the company. Depending on your office manager you need to be careful about who you talk to about your personal life. They are not very accommodating to people who are pregnant that are not a Dentist or Hygienist.
Great Dental Benefits
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 9, 2017
The company has a great mission; however, the public does not agree and really takes it out on the employees. Hard work goes unnoticed. The raises have always been great but compensation does not meet the high levels of stress you encounter. Also, there is a high turnover rate.
Pros
Great Dental Benefits
Cons
High Stress Environment
Fast paced, great co workers always helpful, superior customer service
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 11, 2017
Greeting patients, taking payments, verifying of insurances, Reviewing treatment plans with patients, ensuring patients left knowing what their next treatment would be, and answer any questions about treatment and co pays. Provide great customer services
Pros
4 ten hour days, co workers, 401k
Cons
expecting a lot for amount of pay
Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 26, 2017
This company tends to be a revolving door for employees. Even after years of service, managers and even doctors are terminated without any specific reason.
Good company overall.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2017
I found the company to be pretty good to work for overall. However, with it being privately owned (which had many benefits and a few downsides) there was a tendency for it to be slow to pick up and pass along current HR rules and regulations to management. This could result in a manager being stuck in a difficult situation and not have the company's backing. It's a stable company and has done a lot of good things for its employees and patients. While it has grown out of it's "Mom and Pop" stage of development, the lack of training and backing for the management is pretty noticeable.
Corperate
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 14, 2016
Heavy workload with a sink or swim mentality. Cram as many patients in as possible without regard to wait times. But competitive pay and benefits especially for those fresh out of school.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
horrible place to grow a career
Awesome place to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2016
Willamette has awesome employees to work with and who will go out of their way for other employees. They also have great benefits for employees and I loved the hours that I was able to work.
Management at the Albany branch has major issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 11, 2016
This office has a high turnover rate, and it's understandable. The office politics is crazy, and is fed by the manager. Be done with high school and move on.
Pros
Live in the same town
Cons
Politics and Games
Hated every moment I worked there!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 3, 2016
They are behind the times in dentistry. The computer systems they use function as if the programs were written in the early '90's. The other employees are rude and don't care about patients. The whole company is just a factory. They still use film for x-rays! They brag about being a big company, but their employees see little of the success. They have one even a year for their employees and it caps off to be $50 per person. They don't do anything for those who work for them. Their treatment is subpar. I knew people who went here for their dental needs and told them they should go somewhere else.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
too many to list!
Stable company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 23, 2016
Willamette has been a faily stable company to work for. I have able to fairly comfortable in my position, the company is working toward being more employee friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willamette Dental. Our community is ready to answer.