Willamette Dental Employee Reviews

Hated every moment I worked there!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 3, 2016
They are behind the times in dentistry. The computer systems they use function as if the programs were written in the early '90's. The other employees are rude and don't care about patients. The whole company is just a factory. They still use film for x-rays! They brag about being a big company, but their employees see little of the success. They have one even a year for their employees and it caps off to be $50 per person. They don't do anything for those who work for them. Their treatment is subpar. I knew people who went here for their dental needs and told them they should go somewhere else.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
too many to list!
Corperate
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 14, 2016
Heavy workload with a sink or swim mentality. Cram as many patients in as possible without regard to wait times. But competitive pay and benefits especially for those fresh out of school.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
horrible place to grow a career
Management at the Albany branch has major issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 11, 2016
This office has a high turnover rate, and it's understandable. The office politics is crazy, and is fed by the manager. Be done with high school and move on.
Pros
Live in the same town
Cons
Politics and Games
Awesome workplace
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 11, 2016
Willamette dental is the best place I have ever worked. Being based out of oregon they are not a crazy idaho based right to work employer friendly company. There are so many benefits. Great pay, free dental, great medical insurance, 401k matching, very structured, preventive research based dentistry, conservative treatment, great staff, great management, I work 4 ten hour days with a three day weekend every week!!!!!!!!!!!, Very flexible when dealing with family problems, the company males you feel like family. I will work for this company for the test of my life. Willamette rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Awesome place to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2016
Willamette has awesome employees to work with and who will go out of their way for other employees. They also have great benefits for employees and I loved the hours that I was able to work.
High stress and long exhuasting days.
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 14, 2016
High stress company that doesn't value it's employees. Management should care about clinical staff more especially since they are the reason company in business. This is a good company to start after school but you will work hard and not be appreciated. Hygienist are constantly working and nobody cares if you get breaks. 10 hour days are exhausting and you have no life because you are too tired. Always implementing new procedures with little training.
Pros
Benifits are ok.
Cons
Pay too low for what is expected. High stress. Management favors certain employees that kiss up.
Not bad, not great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 24, 2016
WDG is a company that is stuck in the past. Managers are afraid of innovation and that is why it is mostly old people that work for the company.

The young people that work there are young, attractive women that work as administrative assistants and spend their days getting hit on by executive management.

They have great benefits and there are some really amazing people that work there.
Pros
fun office culture, great benefits
Cons
low pay, discrimination and sexism
Stable company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 23, 2016
Willamette has been a faily stable company to work for. I have able to fairly comfortable in my position, the company is working toward being more employee friendly.
Willamette Dental is a great place to work.
All General Assistant/ PSR (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 31, 2016
It is a very busy office. Greet Patient's and review there INS an answer any questions. Collect money and balance through out the day and close out for deposit each night.
My co-works are the best, we have a good team. We work well together giving each other support.
The manger of our office is great,. she has a open door policy.
The hardest part of the job is INS. confirming that our patients have coverage.
Pros
wages an Benefits
Cons
hours, 10 hour days
Periodontal Hygiene Trainer/Lead Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 25, 2016
Great patient care
Team work with many co-workers
Like their capitation model
Advancement opportunities
Managed well
Practice keeping up to date with new practice guidelines
Uses evidence based dentistry
Pros
Cons
I had to part ways due to elbow injury/rehab. Now all is well

Want to know more about Willamette Dental?

Ask a question
Willamette Dental is a wonderful company to work for.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 12, 2015
While employed at Willamette Dental, My typical day would be to pull and prepare charts for the upcoming days of the week, verify insurance, confirm appointments, greet patients, collect copays, schedule appointments, balance till at the end of the business day and send reports to head quarters daily.

I love that they have a very structured work environment. There are clear policies and proceedures in place. They treat their employees well and offer excellent benefits.

This was a very fun place to work!
Pros
Great team work, great hours, great staff
Cons
10 hour work days, rotating Saturdays
typical day at work
Oral Surgery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 15, 2015
Fun work place and I have very supportive management. Very busy palce to work and always keep you on your toes. Have enjoyable Patients and co-workers that makes the days go fast. We do have some days that are challenging but that is normal with a big office and a big company.
Pros
401k, insurance, PTO, flexspending
Cons
not competative wage
Productive, very professional workplace
Dental Assitant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working with Willamette Dental Group. They provide great training and co-workers are nice. They are very professional. I learned a lot working there. The hardest part of the job was the computer program we had, sometimes it was hard to find things. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a great team, and making patients happy.
Pros
10 min break in morning and afternoon with an hour lunch. Great healthcare.
Cons
Computer preogram
Great Managers
ACR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WaSeptember 2, 2014
Typical day- 8-5pm during training. After training you work 9-6 and one saturday out of the month. I learned that if you think you like call centers, think again! This job is not for you. You go home STRESS! Management was the greatest I have ever worked with. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was dealing with non stop calls. Most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits. If you ever want a Monday off think again. You will hardly ever get a Monday off unless you have Seniority. You make 12 an hour to start and if you have any dental background they won't even budge. You basically have to "sell" yourself for your annual review. If your desperate for a job, this is okay but don't kid yourself.
Pros
hour lunch, almost free dental, PTO
Cons
Pay, late hours and Saturdays.
F
Lead Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2014
I look forward to my next career opportunity. Unfortunately, WDG has lost focus of their own core values... Although they preach a "patient centric" business model it is completely about the bottom line. The work environment is extremely stressful but only by the doing of the manager who creates a tornado of gossip and uses foul language.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Lack of supporting management, over-worked/under-paid, lack of recognition & training opportunities, VERY old fashioned CEO
Good pay for hard work
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 10, 2013
Beginning a day of dental services at 7 AM is hard, but then continuing it until 6 PM is nearly impossible. The office is very busy all day, and any down time is rare. The staff personnel are well-trained and very respectful. They made the job doable. Management could be improved by hiring healthcare professionals to manage the offices instead of ordinary MBAs with no knowledge of dental services. I enjoyed earning a good paycheck with benefits and having my professional expenses covered by my employer.
Pros
good pay and benefits, great dental staff
Cons
long days, very taxing work, clueless managers
12 hours work days. Completed new pt., verified insurance, took patient and ins.calls. Scheduled patients in a 60 patient a day pract
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORDecember 15, 2012
Prepared patient charts, verified insurance before every appt. Scheduled all re-visits and kept dentists apprised of time constraints, emergencies etc. We had a great team. I loved dealing with the patients. The hardest part of the job was verifying every patient's insurance before every visit. Very time consuming.
Pros
very busy and great patients.
Cons
long work days, had to open and close building, do banking after clocked out, worked about 13 hour days
Extern after School for three Months
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Gresham OregonJuly 19, 2013
I am very punctual and arrive early each and every day to set up and prepare for the day. I mentioned in my last review, I take every opportunity to learn something new by asking question or simply by observing others, but it’s true, wherever I have worked I show the same quantities. I was an extern and learned a lot by taking the initiative and anticipating what needed to be done. I am a hard working and it shows.
fast pace office
Dental Assistant/ Lead/ Emergency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2013
I did many things at willamette from perio to supervising. I worked at several offices in portland, Or. hardest part of a day is falling behind schedule. I hate to make my patients wait for their schedule appointment. I always had fun with my co-workers that makes the day.
Pros
fast pace, vacation time, benefiets
Cons
long hours can be a con but I was use to it.
Beware of this Company!!!!!
Portland, Oregon Metro Float Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 7, 2012
Beware of this Company. You will give and give the best years of your life and then to keep the admins bottom line where they think it should be, you are layed off so they can hire employees at a lower rate of pay. I was told that when an opening was available that I would be rehired,after a work force reduction, but I applied for 7 different positions without even one call. I worked for this company 12+ years, went wherever I was asked, worked extra when needed and was very badly treated as a past employee. There is a constant turnover of Dentists,mostly because their demands on the amount of procedures and patients is totally unrealistic for new grads and older Dentists alike. I would never recommend them was a employer or a dental provider.
benefits
Cons
poor working conditions and high stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willamette Dental. Our community is ready to answer.