Willamette University Employee Reviews in United States

Willamette University.
Former professor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 30, 2015
A lot of coddling going on at WU. The students are spoiled, smart---but spoiled---and in their defense, the education (the real education, literally) they strive for and advocate for, doesn't take place exactly. Covert racism and politics rule the administration (upper level, of course), coworkers are both cool and narcissistic.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Covert racism
An interesting mix of people.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT HOST (Former Employee) –  Admissions OfficeMay 5, 2015
Willamette is cool. There are some issues, but employees are generally treated well. A number of unique opportunities exist here.
Productive and fast paced yet enjoyable work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 8, 2014
Working for Willamette during my time as a student was great!
They were very understanding of the changing schedules of students and willing to work with us.
I learned a lot over my time there.
Excellent work environment
Director of Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 31, 2014
Opportunity to re-organize the campus security policies at a time when the department had been seriously at odds with faculty and student body. Using community policing strategies, I was able to forge close working relationships with student leaders, Greek houses and key faculty to develop campus involvement in security.
Pros
great boss and co-workers
Flexible work hours and the ability to be employed while focusing on school
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 20, 2013
My typical day as an office assistant consisted of sorting mail for the departmental staff, making copies for staff and/or students, typing documents for the Administrative Assistant, and possibly delivering documents to other university offices.

While in this position, I learned how to multi-task and how to work around interruptions. I learned that although I may be working on a task, it was important to stop and help staff and students who came in needing assistance, then return to my own task.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the variety of tasks that I had to complete. Also the ability to work while attending school was very appreciated. This was possible through the flexible hours, and the recognition by management that academics were a priority.
University Employment
QUAD Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 7, 2013
Working for the University as both a QUAD Center employee and research assistant for professors has allowed me gain valuable skills in organization and working with others.
Great and useful program teaching future managers of Oregon's public organizations
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 8, 2012
Great program where I taught and managed the program, including admissions to the program.
Pros
very useful work.
Cons
limited hours

Want to know more about Willamette University?

Ask a question