Willamette Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Small community medical center with very helpful and understanding coworkers.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 27, 2015
A typical day was preparing for surgical procedures by setting up the OR suite with the help of other members of the OR staff. Everyone was always very helpful in getting the job done on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is having to stand most of the day for the job. The management was understanding and willing to work with you if you needed time off or other considerations of any kind. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the doctors and the staff they made the days and sometimes the nights go by faster, always working closely with you to make sure that the outcome for the patients was positive.
Best Job I Ever Had
Telemetry Tech/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 23, 2015
The 3rd floor supervisor that I worked under was the best supervisor I have ever had. Very attentive and helpful and willing to jump in when needed and always inquiring how she could improve your work space or efficiency. The job itself was always interesting and challenging, interpreting heart rhythms and alerting nurses and doctors to rhythm changes for up to 24 patients.
Worked as a Radiology Technologist.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 16, 2014
Performed all duties as a Radiology Technologist. Exams performed: Mobile, trauma, surgery, C-arm, and fluoro. Worked in a hospital setting.
Pros
wide range of exams learned. short work week.
Cons
not able to cross train in mri.
Rural community hospital
Executive Secretary to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 1, 2014
First experience in healthcare and it was very satisfying working in this arena.
working as a team with other staff
Floor (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 12, 2014
12 hour day shift, patient assessments and documentation of assessment. Keep MD updated of any changes. resusitation if needed. I learned to be very organized and not get frustrated with the constant changes that can occur in the hospital setting. The CEO took the time to know each employees name no matter what department or shift they worked. Most of the co-workers were awesome to work with helpful when possible. The hardest part of the job was the unpredictable day. However this was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
great co-workers and administrative staff
Cons
short breaks
Great MLT's to work with.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORNovember 8, 2013
I love working in all the departments in the hospital (ER, ICU, In-Patient, Out-Patient, Nursery). I liked working with patients of all ages. Anything I could do to make their experience go smoothly & help make them feel better was a plus. The hardest part was losing a patient. I had so many great co-workers that made the day fun yet very informative. I learned so much from so many people.
Pros
every day was a learning experience
Cons
personalities of some co-workers didn't always mesh well.
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 26, 2013
Great people, great benefits. Outstanding environment, never a negative issue.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
sometimes work was to slow
Until Management restructuring one of my most productive experiences.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 11, 2013
This was a very good job, working with people that were trained and took pride in their jobs, and were always willing to pull together to do the job correctly. Management restructuring doomed most of this to drop off, so I moved on.
Pros
steady schedule and flexability
Cons
excellent healthcare, a good team and support from upper level management

Want to know more about Willamette Valley Medical Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willamette Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4