Willcare Employee Reviews in United States

Great people work here!
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2016
All of my coworkers are friendly and very helpful. The part of this job that I enjoy the most are the people that I get to meet in the community.
Pros
great management
Cons
none really except that we were recently bought by Almost Family and job security is a worry
Jgjhhjvfkhdf
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 3, 2016
best part of my job are the clients appreciation. hard part, hours aren't always dependable. Never see co-workers unless its for a inservice. Nurses that stop in house are GREAT!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, NYMarch 23, 2016
I assist the elderly with their every day life routine. I go by their daily care plan. That can be from anywhere from bathing, dressing, feeding, light house duties, meal prepping, to laundry.
Pros
You can grow attached to your patients.
Cons
It's heart breaking when they pass away.
Rewarding and friendly place
Home health aid (Current Employee) –  Orange County, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Being an HHA is a rewarding, and difficult job. The driving part is hard on you and your car. I enjoy meeting people and listening to their stories. I am rewarded by helping patients feel better about themselves and helping them with regaining some of their independence so that they can stay living in their home.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the excessive driving
Productive and fun work environment.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Ensure safety and well being of indivduals while in their homes. Providing company if they feel lonely, cleaning, preparing meals, providing personal care, and shopping. It was a very rewarding job both for the individual and myself. They appreciated what we did and we appreciated the feeling of fullfillment from helping them.
Pros
the satisfaction of getting to help the individuals and feeling needed was very rewarding.
Cons
Pay
Excellent Company to work for
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at Willcare. The CEO and CFO were very pleasant and understanding of their employees needs. Their open door policy was better than most.
Every day was a chance to help someone
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 18, 2015
I love this company and its supervision of its employees , they would always support you if you followed company policy . i couldnt ask for a better office staff.
Pros
learned something new and met different people every day
Cons
hospice work can be tough when its the persons time to go ..
Worst place to work for
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, NYOctober 23, 2015
This is the worst company to work for, they should be ashamed of the way they treat their employees and the little pay they give them. I would never recommend anyone to work for them or use their services, they nickel and dime them for every second and mile. The aides are not appreciated for their hard work and dedication and that is disgusting. Steer clear of this agency....
Pros
If you like homecare this is a great place
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cherry Creek, NYAugust 21, 2015
Home care was nice. You only work the hours that you are needed by the person you are caring for. You become very attached to that person and may even become friends. Its a great feeling to be able to help the people that are in need of it.
Productive and fum
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2015
Management was wonderful full of life. Loved working with them. Good communication skills. Cared for there workers as well as there clients.
Challenging job with many opportunities
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2015
Apria Health Care allowed me to move from a prn RRT to Senior Account Executive. They provided sales training and education. that I have carried with me. The Senior executive position was demanding but very rewarding.
Pros
Ability to advance
A wonderful company, but with too much traveling
Personal Care Aide/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2015
I worked with multiple clients in different areas in western new york. I had provided light housekeeping, toileting, transferring manually or with a lift, bathing, showering, nail care, bed making and more tasks that needed to be performed. Most of my clients were ok to work with but I did have some clients that very difficult to work with.
Pros
The pay was good, different clients
Cons
Too much traveling with little compensation for the mileage
Pca
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
If you ask for hours the agency does not provide.
At times it is hard to get a hold of the scheduler's to ask for help.
There is not organization with in any part of the company,
work place is client's home
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 26, 2015
Personal assistance is necessary to keep this client out of a nursing home. This is the only world he knows and he is, cognitively, a good candidate for a nursing home.
Pros
Roof over my head
Excellent
Home healthcare aid (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 17, 2015
Excellent work environment, easy to get along with staff, flexible schedule, fair pay, bilingual workers, good management.
Good place
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work was interesting. My job with my clients were wonderful. As a employee I learned a great deal at Willcare. The dos and the don'ts. Management was great, and through my clients, I met great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with some of the staff in Willcare who took care of me and our communication was good. Also took the time to place me with the right clients. My clients, looking forward in getting there to take care of my clients and seeing their faces when I arrived there. Atmosphere was pleasing and comfortable. Being with my clients made everything worth getting up to do my job and to look forward, in taking care of my patients. I built a foundation with my patients for a life time. The hardest part of my job saying good bye to my patients.
Pros
Cliental is available
Cons
Wages
committed to working within your availability but much room for improvement
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 10, 2015
they always tried to provide hours according to a persons availability but it was a very unsecured job, 1 day you might have a full schedule but you never knew when a client would have an accident and go to rehab, become hospitalized, etc you have a lot of responsibility but do not get paid well for the expectations, a bonus you meet a lot of great people, make new friends and long lasting relationships but it wears on you as a person, driving your own vehicle for very little reimbursement, very little job training offered for advancement
Pros
independent working
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
Not a secure job
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 2, 2015
discharging patients left and right, nurses quitting everyday, being bought out by another company because it's so bad. Need new upper management big time!!!! No job security!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
professional elderly care facility
home health aid (Former Employee) –  trumbull ctFebruary 17, 2015
Start the morning by going to patients house, and assist with making breakfast. Also assisted with cooking, cleaning, dressing and reminding to take medication.
I did not work in an office environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a good bit working for Willcare, however it is not a typical office position. I worked within people's homes caring for them.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6