Willcare

Willcare Employee Reviews

Challenging job with many opportunities
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Ability to advance
Apria Health Care allowed me to move from a prn RRT to Senior Account Executive. They provided sales training and education. that I have carried with me. The Senior executive position was demanding but very rewarding.
A wonderful company, but with too much traveling
Personal Care Aide/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: The pay was good, different clients
Cons: Too much traveling with little compensation for the mileage
I worked with multiple clients in different areas in western new york. I had provided light housekeeping, toileting, transferring manually or with a lift, bathing, showering, nail care, bed making and more tasks that needed to be performed. Most of my clients were ok to work with but I did have some clients that very difficult to work with.
PCA
Personal care aide (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
If you ask for hours the agency does not provide.
At times it is hard to get a hold of the scheduler's to ask for help.
There is not organization with in any part of the company,
work place is client's home
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Roof over my head
Personal assistance is necessary to keep this client out of a nursing home. This is the only world he knows and he is, cognitively, a good candidate for a nursing home.
Excellent
Home healthcare aid (Current Employee), Euclid, OHMay 17, 2015
Excellent work environment, easy to get along with staff, flexible schedule, fair pay, bilingual workers, good management.
Good place
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee), Euclid, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Cliental is available
Cons: Wages
A typical day at work was interesting. My job with my clients were wonderful. As a employee I learned a great deal at Willcare. The dos and the don'ts. Management was great, and through my clients, I met great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with some of the staff in Willcare who took care of me and our communication was good. Also took the time to place me with the right clients. My clients, looking forward in getting there to take care of my clients and seeing their faces when I arrived there. Atmosphere was pleasing and comfortable. Being with my clients made everything worth getting up to do my job and to look forward, in taking care of my patients. I built a foundation with my patients for a life time. The hardest part of my job saying good bye to my patients.
committed to working within your availability but much room for improvement
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: independent working
Cons: no benefits, no advancement
they always tried to provide hours according to a persons availability but it was a very unsecured job, 1 day you might have a full schedule but you never knew when a client would have an accident and go to rehab, become hospitalized, etc you have a lot of responsibility but do not get paid well for the expectations, a bonus you meet a lot of great people, make new friends and long lasting relationships but it wears on you as a person, driving your own vehicle for very little reimbursement, very little job training offered for advancement
Not a secure job
RN case manager (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
discharging patients left and right, nurses quitting everyday, being bought out by another company because it's so bad. Need new upper management big time!!!! No job security!
professional elderly care facility
home health aid (Former Employee), trumbull ctFebruary 17, 2015
Start the morning by going to patients house, and assist with making breakfast. Also assisted with cooking, cleaning, dressing and reminding to take medication.
I did not work in an office environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no room for advancement
I learned a good bit working for Willcare, however it is not a typical office position. I worked within people's homes caring for them.
fun
home health aid (Former Employee), trumbull ctFebruary 16, 2015
it was a fun easy going workplace i would love to go back and work for them customers are friendly and patient co workers are humble and helpful
Awful homecare company that does not treat the employees well at all
RN (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: the patients
Cons: everything else
Management is terrible. Way too much turnover. They have some really great nurses that are all starting to smarten up and leave because they are cutting salaries by thousands of dollars with no chance for raises again and the same for some lpns ! Some nurses shouldn't even work there but they keep them and punish the good ones. This company is the worst homecare agency i have ever worked for and I have never been treated so poorly by management and forget corporate they are a complete joke they have no idea it's the good nurses that keep them in business and that's why they have jobs. They need to clean out some of the upper management big time!!!!!!!
Once all the good nurses leave which is starting the company will fail. Huge turnover of staff since I have worked here both sides nurses supervisors and directors and even administration.....what does that say right there?? Pretty much everything. they hire nurses with no homecare or anyone just to fill the spot instead of finding the right person and they don't pay nurses to orient new staff they don't pay the staff nurses with experience enough let alone with no experience in homecare, and this is for working 12 hour days on a good day. Tons of travel which is not reimbursed at the labor law rate. Closed the Waterbury office. This company is a sinking ship! And they are not even nice never say thank you don't provide lunches for meetings they don't even do anything for the holidays they don't care at all about the employees . Which of course they will deny!
Don't know how it is in the other states but ct is awful and never gets acknowledged for the blue star program only employees from corporate. Can't wait to get out of here......my search is on.....
productive workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), middletownFebruary 4, 2015
a typical day at work is a fun workplace to work at. i learned to always lead and never follow. my management were very cooperative and my coworkers were very helpful. the hardest part of my job is to leave to go home and the most enjoyable part of my job was to see my coworkers because they always made me smile.
Really enjoyed caring for clients
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee), Pleasant Valley, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: all pros
Cons: distance to office for the meetings and trainings
I loved going to the elderly and disabled homes and helping out with their activities of daily living. One has to be independent for this position as your on your own. There is support at the office though which was a phone call away if needed. I loved caring for my clients and helping them with what they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship that was devveloped between my clients and myself.
It's like working at a roller coaster
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Middletown, NYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: you always have the support of the nursing staff
Cons: scheduling, they overbook you and don't give you enough time to get to the next patients home
The schedulars do not listen to you when you are uncofortable in a patients home. They schedule you to work on your scheduled days off or schedule you to work on a day or time that you have listed that you are not available. The Nurses are wonderful if a patient is having a problem or you think they are, the nurse will walk you through what to do. The Nurse will get ahold of the Patients next of kin. The one point that I do want to make is Patient care is always first.
If you want stable this is not the company for you
Wore many clinical hats (Former Employee), All officesOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the staff in the local offices are great they just have no support to work with.
Cons: everything else
This has to be one of the worst home care companies in the state. Patient care is not their focus making money no matter what is the bottom line. Staffing sucks, support from corporate is a joke. If you are looking for a stable, nurturing environment don't go here.
a struggling homecare agency
Performance Improvement Nurse (Current Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: leadership is lacking
Willcare is struggling as a for-profit company that does not work hard enough to establish itself as a clinical leader in Home Care,
nice agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Lake Katrine, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: stress free
Cons: traveling from place to place
WillCare was the first agency to open the doors for me, I will forever be grateful. I learned that I have a lot more passion for this field thanI thought. Not every client is rude and moody, it takes a smile and a simple conversation to get through them some days. I am more of a team work person, therefore working alone was kind of negative about it. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear my clients ask me "you are coming back tomorrow right?, because you are very good aide.
productive at times
PCA (Former Employee), Middletown, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: the patients i was asighned
Cons: pay needed to be more
could not be flexible with my hours and pay wasn't great. had to use personal car and milage reinburstment wasn't much.
I have developed very close relationships with employees
Medical Surgical and Behavioral Health Supervisor (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: home care is my favorite area of nursing
Cons: proprietary company with no security
I work at Willcare as MS Supervisor since 2012 when I return from being recruited to the Bronx for HHH Choice to develop a Behavioral Health Program. Previously I was the Behavioral Health Supervisor at Willcare.
I have recently been the Chairperson of the Wound Care Committee and Chairperson for the Safety Committee in the Hudson Valley. I've tried to become more involved in the Organization but it doesn't appear to be appreciated as they have change Administration in the past year.
We are utilizing a program call Home Care Home Base that is very tiresome for managing documents. The "Work Flow" is tedious work which takes away from the Supervision of the Nurses and the management of the patients.
I can handle large quantities of data, organize and manage documents for submittal to Medicare including IDC9/10 Coding. The work entends into my personal life which is frequently difficulty and tiring.

1 2 3

About Willcare

WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty – Read more

Willcare Salaries