Willcare Employee Reviews

No profit for employees
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Ally of driving and miles and wear and tear on ur own personal vehicle no advancement.. just a number to the company as well as there clients. Very little heart in it
Pros
Get close to the elderly clients. Become their companion
Cons
Lose clients cause they pass. Way too much drive time not enough gas money
Great Staff - Team Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYJanuary 7, 2017
This is not an easy job. That said - it is a fulfilling job and if you are dedicated and able to be autonomous it is a wonderful place to work. The team in the Lake Katrine/Kingston office is cohesive and dedicated to the success of their employees. The computer program is designed to include all aspects of charting and is driven to be inclusive of information necessary to have a full picture of the client. The flexibility of being in the community is a huge bonus. If you are looking for flexibility, but are willing to work hard too, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, team work, dedication to patient care
Cons
Intensive Documentation - which is everywhere
Nice place to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 30, 2016
Overall I love working for willcare they are very understanding and flexibility is great.if you won't more time you get it with no problem if you don't won't work somewhere they make it convenient and find another client to work for with no problem I just think its a very nice family work place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Brakes
Fun workplace.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2016
Busy and fun work in an on call center. Opportunities to interact with clients and help people. The on call center team is super nice and we all get alone and help out each other.
Pros
Lots of Free lunches
Cons
healthcare, no parking
Vey Nice, Out Going Clients,
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 23, 2016
Staff will arrival to clients house and greet clients. I like to ask if clients need of a assistants of anything that I can help with. As well learning about Clients. Clients like when staff are out going nice also staff that cook, clean, keep of a company of clients. Co workers are nice. commination is key.
Great team
Hone healthcare aid (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 29, 2016
Job is very simple and fun if it is done correctlt. Being able to help people is very important. Getting hours and locations near your home is something that work hard for
Great place to help others in need
PCA (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 8, 2016
It's a great place if you like helping others in need. From the small stuff like cleaning their house, or helping get a bath in their own bed. I love the fact I got to learn from the great people I worked with. You can always learn something from you alders but I wish I could get more hours.
Pros
Great experience with helping other
Cons
I needed more hours
i love to work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 4, 2016
When I work for willcare they give me all the difficult clients. People with a lot of mental problem that I learn to work around.You learn to bit your tongue a lot.
Pros
love people nad love to work
Cons
I hate the bull
Sneaky management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Orange County, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Certain management staff are very sneaky, and one sided...very cliquey and also ridicule their employees. Lack of direction for new staff. Easy to get fired
Pros
Travel
Cons
Traveling
Fast paced
Recruiter, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 2, 2016
High turn over. I love what I do because I get to work with and meet great people everyday. The hardest part of my job is that, unfortunately, the government does not do a lot to accommodate home health care. I also see and hear of the elderly going without main needs because of lack of government funding.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
Poor Healthcare Benefits
Worst RN position in my career
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYAugust 16, 2016
Very low pay. Benefits awful as well. Management very sneaky. The computer program is a nightmare. But a perfect micromanagement tool for this very corporate company. Scheduling is ridiculous. They went through four new schedulers in the year and a half that I worked there. The clerical staff are not only allowed but encouraged to harass the RNs for nonsense. They will email you and call you incessantly while you are in the field. If you don't answer them they will go cry to your supervisor. This is a ridiculous company to work for. If you respect yourself stay away.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Alot
Best choice I made this year! Joining Willcare!
PCA (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 14, 2016
I love my job! From day one I've had the best team from willcare's office staff down to my patients. Willcare always worked around my schedule and if I had more than one patient made sure I had time to get to their houses on time.
Pros
Free training, friendly and lovable patients, Nurses and Office Staff helped me as soon as I need their assistance.
Cons
Pay, insurance
Helping Clients that really needed it.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed being a Home Health Aide. Helping people who are disabled, or just can't do things at home or do their own shopping. My typical day would consist of going into someones home, fix breakfast if it was a morning case, help with bathing/showering, help get dressed and get the client settled so I could clean up. I did anything that was on the care plan.
I learned that it is so gratifying to help someone that really needs it. Makes me feel like I made their day.
I didn't have much to do with co-workers, as we each had our own assignments, but did see them during training. I had no problem with any of them.
The hardest part of the job was working with clients that were very demanding. They wanted me to do things that we were not supposed to do, but they didn't care. I just had to work with them to come to a decision that worked for them and for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients. Being there for them to clean their house, fix meals, or just being a companion. I can't imagine being at home a lot and not having anyone to talk to. It has to be terrible.
The reason I left Willcare was staffing. I would give them my schedule for my main job and they would still call me to go in when I had to work my other job. I was also getting calls at my main job and I could have lost that job because of the calls. It was just easier to leave on good terms.
Pros
Helping people and being there for someone who really needed it. Making someones life better.
Cons
Difficult clients and being called when I was at my main job.
Great staff, love the flexibility in scheduling.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 13, 2016
Currently work weekends only and occasional fill-in/prn. Schedulers and nurses are amiable and my client(s) are the Best!
Great people work here!
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2016
All of my coworkers are friendly and very helpful. The part of this job that I enjoy the most are the people that I get to meet in the community.
Pros
great management
Cons
none really except that we were recently bought by Almost Family and job security is a worry
Jgjhhjvfkhdf
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 3, 2016
best part of my job are the clients appreciation. hard part, hours aren't always dependable. Never see co-workers unless its for a inservice. Nurses that stop in house are GREAT!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, NYMarch 23, 2016
I assist the elderly with their every day life routine. I go by their daily care plan. That can be from anywhere from bathing, dressing, feeding, light house duties, meal prepping, to laundry.
Pros
You can grow attached to your patients.
Cons
It's heart breaking when they pass away.
Rewarding and friendly place
Home health aid (Current Employee) –  Orange County, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Being an HHA is a rewarding, and difficult job. The driving part is hard on you and your car. I enjoy meeting people and listening to their stories. I am rewarded by helping patients feel better about themselves and helping them with regaining some of their independence so that they can stay living in their home.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the excessive driving
Productive and fun work environment.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Ensure safety and well being of indivduals while in their homes. Providing company if they feel lonely, cleaning, preparing meals, providing personal care, and shopping. It was a very rewarding job both for the individual and myself. They appreciated what we did and we appreciated the feeling of fullfillment from helping them.
Pros
the satisfaction of getting to help the individuals and feeling needed was very rewarding.
Cons
Pay
Excellent Company to work for
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at Willcare. The CEO and CFO were very pleasant and understanding of their employees needs. Their open door policy was better than most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7