Barnet is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for the Kinston, NC facility. This facility is a 3-shift operation, 600,000 square foot facility, with approximately 200 employees.
SUMMARY: Oversees all aspects of the daily maintenance of equipment, processes and facilities. Schedules and supervises assigned staff; installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical equipment and tools in the Plant; and manages a preventive maintenance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a “hands on” leadership of all maintenance activities.
- Organizes and supervises the daily maintenance function for the assigned plant including equipment, tools, facilities, (including fire protection system and security) and grounds while controlling related maintenance and labor costs including minimization of downtime.
- Manages a preventive maintenance program for all mechanical equipment and tools. Oversees and/or installs, maintains, repairs, adjusts, troubleshoots and inspects equipment and tools.
- Makes recommendations for improvement programs & practices to prevent repeated failures & reverse adverse trends
- Maintains associated equipment in a state of readiness & safe operating procedures.
- Completes all other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma (or GED equivalent); Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years supervising a maintenance department in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong hands-on electro-mechanical skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC troubleshooting/programming, & electrical installation/repair. Excellent resource utilization (manpower, materials, & machine availability) when planning, troubleshooting equipment & process failures.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple & ever-changing priorities within established deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Competitive salary and benefits package.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Founded in Albany, New York, in 1898 by William Barnet, the Company has been dedicated to a vision of being preeminent in trading and...