William Beaumont Hospital

William Beaumont Hospital Employer Reviews

Hospital at its finest
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 17, 2014
Pros: pay was good, benefits, education
Cons: working holidays
I learned the most that I have ever learned working at Beaumont. The nurses took their time to educate their fellow staff member. The management where fairly easy going and approachable. At Beaumont Hospital my co-workers turned into my family they where extremely hard working and caring.
The hardest part of the job was losing a patient after getting – more... to know the patient thru family and other encounters with this patient. – less
Busy surgical floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 14, 2014
Typically 5-6 patient beds at a time. Anywhere from 5-10 patients a shift with admits.
Great Employer for all emploees
Clinical Nurse Specialist/Breast Cancer Care Nurse (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: many
Great patient care

Handle all issues

Growing Company

Great benefits
Great place with caring people to work with, but needs refinement in training programs.
Clinical Documentation Specialist in Training (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJuly 26, 2014
Pros: friendly, caring people
Cons: training program lacking refinement.
Nice place to work
RN-ICU (Current Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: no overtime, difficult dealing with death daily
Great co-workers, a little behind the times with technology and current treatment protocols (JUST began hypothermia procedures for acute MI patients last year), little to no opportunity for advancement or overtime.
Loved my job and Beaumont.
Lab Assistant (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 8, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Beaumont and the team. Unfortunately, my family had to move to Erie, PA but if we happen to be Michigan again, Beaumont is my choice employer. The culture is great and I loved my patients.
good
Clinical Nurse II, 3-East SICU, Beaumont Hospital (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJuly 7, 2014
my nursing unit was a great place to work. Can't say all the nurses said the same, but my unit was flexible and was accommodating.
changing jobs
unit secretary (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: three 12 hr. shifts
Cons: short breaks no help with taking one when theres no help
They are changing our jobs and combining them with nurses aids, I've invested too many years to take on there job too. I also worked fir Crittenton Medical Center fir 19 years being a Unit Secretary and working in the Staffing Office .
Great company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 23, 2014
Great company, great benefits, great doctors, income lower end of range, improving steadly
A pleasant place to work
Surgical Services Secretary (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 19, 2014
Some days are high stress and others are kind of laid back. Learned many interesting things about the medical community. Enjoyed working with an eclectic group of individuals.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Royal oak, MiJune 18, 2014
I save lives every day. Beaumont has a great work environment and there is team work and support daily while at work.
Registrar
Registrar (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 17, 2014
Registering patients at the point of arrival to the Emergency Department.
excellent
Senior Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 15, 2014
I start work at 4am checking the system for additional draws making sure staff is ready and have everything they need for the field ( long term care facilities,rehabs,grouphomes,nursing homes,residental.Over the years I have learned to adapt in any situation and multitask.Being in management I've learned how to deal with all types of personalities.Even – more... though I'm in management I chose to be out in the field with my co-workers to know what they en counter on a daily basics to make things better also I like the team work aspect and I also love drawing blood.The hardest part of my job is to have sit in on employees who are about to be terminated.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a phlebotomist that I have trained become there best and take pride in what they do. – less
Great Place to be employed
Unit Secretary/Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 14, 2014
Pros: distance to travel
Cons: short breaks
Overall good place to work. I had the pleasure of working with the best Doctors on the planet. I loved the idea of being apart of seeing how hospital operations are carried out from beginning to end. I was employed for a number of years and got to meet numerous great individuals
I enjoyed working at The Foot and Heel Pain Clinic!
Clinical Service Representative (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 11, 2014
I worked at the Foot and Heel Pain Institute for over four years. I enjoyed the experience!
Good company.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 29, 2014
Pros: i gained valuable experience transcribing multiple types of dictation.
Cons: hours, not flexible.
My employment began with Beaumont Hospital upon graduating as a Medical Transcriptionist in 1986. I transcribed multiple types of dictation on the afternoon shift. I decided to leave to accept a day shift position with Radiology Associates which was closer to home with flexible hours.
Fast Paced, much to learn
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 28, 2014
A typical day as a nursing assistant can range from sitting with one patient all day as a CARE assistant, to caring for 8-9 patients at a time. When working the floor I am responsible for obtaining my patient's vital signs, helping with daily hygeine, ambulating patients, keeping them comfortable, answering call lights, help feeding during meal times – more... if needed, and assist patients when changing positions.

This job has taught me about time management most in a hospital setting, at first it can seem overwhelming but the more you work at it, the easier it became. You just have to find what works for you, and make it work.

Being in the nursing resource pool for 5 years at the hospital allowed me to have extremely flexible hours that worked around my school schedule and extra curricular activities. I never experienced too many negative incidents with management or co-workers here, everyone is pretty friendly.

The hardest part of the job for me was learning how to get all my work done for all my patients in the short 8 hour shifts I were given. I soon improved on managing my time throughout the day and finding what way works more efficiently for myself.

The most enjoyable part is most definately all the experience and knowledge I gained from working in the hospital on my own for so long. – less
Worked as a HUC
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Troy, MIMay 26, 2014
Filed orders for doctors, and helped patients fill out forms. Also helped with patients families when needed
Changes for the worst
Day Manager (Interim) (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: used to be a great place to work.
Cons: management stinks.
We've recently recruited a new manager and not to speak bad or poorly of her, but things have taking a change for the worst. The moral has gone down tremendously. Staff have up and left very swiftly and gone to other healthcare orginations, and more are still looking to get out.
nice place to work
hemodialysis assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 18, 2014
Schedule is nice, wage increases and benefits are next to non existent

1 2 3 4 5

About William Beaumont Hospital

Beaumont Health System is a three-hospital regional health system with more than 1,725 beds and more than 3,700 physicians along – Read more