William Lyon Homes Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lifelong friends are created in a wonderful working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
I worked there almost 10 years and for the most part it was the best time of my life! I worked there years ago, and I think if it had not been for the housing bust of Vegas, I would still be working there. The Corporate Office in California it very professional while also being very concern with the individual employee. This company truly cares about it's employees.
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Company with no room for individual growth
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 1, 2017
This company has strived to be the best but they have disregarded a large part of their company, the office workers. The turn-over rate within the company in the last few years has been the largest set-back this company has had to deal with and they do not seem to know how to resolve the issue. The potential resolution they could make within the corporate office could have a great positive effect to the rest of the company should they make the change now. They have disregarded growth for most of the employees unless another employee happens to quit, in turn requires the company to fill the position or, in worst cases, disperse the workload to an employee without equivalent increase in pay.
Pros
Good benefits, set hours
Cons
High stress, unstable, no individual growth
Honored
New home sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
I felt honored to work for this company. Worked on many different levels high end, entry level and in between. I learned when working solo how important my construction & home warranty team is. Management was extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was to stay out of the gossip. I loved opening a new community seeing people move into their new homes and closing out the community knowing the job is complete.
HAPPY CAMPERS.
Pros
Quality builder and Architectural design.
Cons
Gossip
Bottom line focused company
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2015
Average daily activities on a construction site. Managing all phases of building new homes from start to finish with the highest quality and the shortest build times.
Different kind of home builder
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 1, 2014
Big egos at this company! Company has potential to go somewhere. Management needs to lose the ego and remember that they only have jobs due to home buyers. Behind the sevens they don't give two rips about what people want, just there money! Buyer be aware of this. Most of the upper management came from local big builders and still have the ego trips!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Two faced and deceitful.
Incredible supportive staff and co-workers!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2013
There were no 'typical' days at work as each day in Real Estate brings a whole new and exciting challenge. I learned to reach out to my co-workers to gain from their knowledge and experience. Managmement was always supportive, encouraging and always excited to help me succeed on both a professional and personal level. My co-workers were amazing; always willing and able to share their vast knowledge as well as their loving support. As a new Real Estate agent and being responsible for my own site, the hardest part of the job, really, was believing in myself. With the love and encouragement of the incredible staff and amazing co-workers, I very quickly started to feel comfortable and confident in my abilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was waking up to go to work with experienced, confident, capable and fun co-workers.
William Lyon
Junior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2012
I also learned a lot from this company in the position I held. I opened filed inputted them into different programs. Verified documents and history of clients. Prepared files for processors made copies.
Went through state audit of loans.
Pros
benefits, lunches

Want to know more about William Lyon Homes?

Ask a question