William Paterson University

William Paterson University Employee Reviews

Wearing Multiple hats
Institutional Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 20, 2015
This was a temp position while I was a full-time student. Flexible hours and decent hourly pay for what skills were needed.
Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2015
Interact with the students during intramural sport events. Help the students in any way possible. My co-workers were my peers which made the job a lot of fun.
Interactive and you get to work alongside police
Student Patrol (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJune 21, 2015
Pros: Interacting with others
Cons: Walking around all the time during the night
There are different shifts, morning/ afternoon you are basically assisting others whenever they come up to you. If I see anyone who looks like they need help, I would reach out to them and help them out. The night shifts are almost the same but we make sure there are no criminal activities taking place. I learned that it is important to always be aware of your surroundings. This job you have to work with others and we all have to get along in order to work with each other. There is nothing hard about the job and the job is very enjoyable because you are working with fun people (everyone in the campus community).
A great place to work while studying jazz
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMay 21, 2015
I have the best GA - especially for a jazz student. Yes, sometimes I have to do a lot of paperwork, or hold an undergrad's hand while they register for classes... But I also get to interact one-on-one with world renowned jazz musicians and members of our jazz faculty. I get to write biographies for them for our concert series, and I get to see the inner-workings of a collegiate jazz program and music school.
Lead Residential Network Technician (Current Employee), Wayne. NJMay 19, 2015
Happy environment I was always getting to learn and try new technology and techniques in my field. Supportive reliable co-workers, never felt like I was alone with the tough issues if they arose.
Fun Place
Student Patrol (Former Employee), wayne nj 07470May 1, 2015
The job was great, the students and police respected our job. The faculty were very happy that we patrolled the campus. The uniform for the job was provided as-well.
Loved working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 16, 2015
Pros: Love the people I worked with
Cons: Only temporary
Receiving and placing phone calls
Schedule and make appointmets
Make phiotocopies of correspondence, documents and other printed matter
Open and distribute mail
Research information from internet to put into system
Prepare paperwork for VP's signature and distribute and anything else the VP needs
Maintain computer labs
Student Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 7, 2015
• Assisted students and faculty with technology related issues related to computers, email, projectors, and Microsoft Office applications.
Fun Workplace
Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 19, 2015
I have been able to expand my social and communication skills in a fun and flexible work environment. As a student worker, I give 20 hours a week to creating and managing university content. This enables me to balance both work and education. I have been given a great opportunity to do what I love, creating videos and reaching out to the campus community, while remaining a full-time student.
ALWAYS A GOOD PLACE TO BE!!
School Custodian (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: everything was good!!
Cons: not much i can say!!
doing your job, and always concentrating on what you are doing, and always looking ahead and knowing what needs to be done at all times
24 Hour/ 7 Days a Week
Residents Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, NJ 07470January 2, 2015
Pros: free room and board
Cons: not much free time
With this job, there is no typical day. As an RA we are required to be "On Duty" only a certain number of days so that the others have a day off. So while I am "On Duty" I would pick up the duty keys, phone, and binder at 4:30pm during the week (12pm on the weekend). I would get a dinner break from 5:30-6pm where I could go to the dining hall on campus. From 8-10pm I would have office hours, which consisted of approving overnights for residents and being available for residents to come and express their concerns to me even if I was not their direct RA, or their RA was not around. I was required to to 3-4 "rounds" a night; where I would walk the entire building(s) that I was assigned to look for maintenance issues, residential issues, check in with the guards in the front of the building, and to have my presence shown on each floor. I would also have to respond to any and all disturbances in the middle of the night; and work hand-in-hand with Campus Police. I would have to return the keys, binder, and phone by 8:30am back to the office for my supervisor.

The hardest part of the job would have been the fact that I was also a full-time student at the same time; I had to manage my time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the reward of helping my residents. I had transfers which meant that this was their first time to the university. They had no prior experience at a university like William Paterson, and I was there to help guide them through their college semesters.
Best student job I ever had.
Career Development and Advisement (Former Employee), Wayne, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working at William Paterson University as a student worker. I learned how to work with a diverse population of students and faculty. My co-workers became long lasting friendships. I can not recall and hard time.
Student
Teacher of the Handicapped Certification (Former Employee), Wayne, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great experiences
Cons: salary
Enjoyed being a student at WPU. I was also a student athlete and had many great experiences.
Willyp
Media Technician, Hospitality Services (Current Employee), Wayne, NJNovember 10, 2014
The management here can be a whole lot better. It takes a long time for you to get a raise.
Nice People
Favilities (Current Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 24, 2014
There are many great people tat work ere and care about students. It's a greta place to work and go to school.
hectic
Campus Violence Prevention Program Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 16, 2014
this position required less data analysis, but great organization skills to complete tasks in a timely manner
A fine academic environment
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee), North Haledon, NJOctober 7, 2014
Teaching freshman English was a great challenge because many students straight out of high school were woefully illiterate.
In classroom experience.
Visiting Professor - Dept. Management (Current Employee), Montclair, NJAugust 25, 2014
Instructed 25+ college students in advance "capstone" course.
Awseome Gym Atmoshpere
Student Rec Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, NJAugust 14, 2014
Fits perfectly with a freshman in college looking to make extra income. moderately paced work place with lively co-workers and management.
A dynamic, interactive, fun work environment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, NJAugust 6, 2014
Responsible to monitor the main entrance, lobbies, and other public areas in the building.
Checked the identification of everyone who entered the residence hall and compute times.
Provided general assistance to students, parents, and guests who enter the building.
Assisted in emergency situations if/when they arise.
Variety of clerical task.
Communicated with students in a daily routine.

1 2 3