William Paterson University Employee Reviews in United States

Good Graduate Assistantship Program
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 17, 2016
Working as a Graduate Assistant at William Paterson University and receiving tuition waiver was really great way to save money.

The management and staff at the graduate admissions were super nice and helpful.
productive
Secretary/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 14, 2016
Busy days, not overwhelming. Able to finish work in a timely manor. Fun environment. Easy to work with, great experience
Wonderful Atmosphere with Wonderful people
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 13, 2016
Very easy going environment with tasks necessary for operation being fun to complete. Also the management hire the perfect people for the positions causing a welcome atmosphere for the attendants.
What I Enjoyed The Most
Receptionist/ Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 30, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about the university by helping other students.This is a great work environment to be a part of and I would recommend this work study position to other students!
accepting and positive work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 16, 2016
Very nice place to work while going to school there. The supervisors make it very pleasant, helpful, and rewarding. Work place is very relaxed but everyone is focused on helping students as much as possible.
Excellent University
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 3, 2015
Adjunct Professor in the Educational Leadership Department.

My primary duty was to teach "Technology Across the Disciplines.
Great for College Students.
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 12, 2015
Great work environment specifically for the fact that I can continue to help fellow service members transitioning from the Military life to College. Also the ability to complete class work is an added bonus.
Pros
Work Environment, Continue serving the community
Cons
Minimum Wage
Working here is excellent
Senior Building Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me is punching in a few min early .I do this take an overview of my assigned areas. After my walk through I go to my locker and get my utility cart ready for the day. Shortly after I meet with my supervisor to see if any special requirements is needed . Through out the day work, the enviorment is always different. the thing that stays the same is the students respect, faculty appreciation for what we do, and my dedication to keep the university safe , my managers proud of me.
Pros
my children can attend college here in the future
it's a paycheck
desk assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne njAugust 19, 2015
Working here allowed me to get enough money for the necessities... plus it was easy work so one can't really complain. The pay could be better and the hours could be administered in a more sensible way.
Amazing On-Campus Employment
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 14, 2015
The work is great. To elaborate, I learned so much about film, editing, time management, and customer service from my employment as an STC at William Paterson. With the exception of one, I have had all great bosses- this was by far the best boss. I have never respected someone so much. I was unable to stay at this position because I graduated school and only students are employed- that was the saddest graduation.
Pros
Literally everything
Cons
you can't work more than 30 hours a week
Great Experience
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 3, 2015
It was a great experience. I got hand-on experience with almost all the instruments in the department . Not only did I how to be a chemist, but I learned how to be a professional
Great environment and work ethics among employees.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  WayneJuly 29, 2015
William Paterson University strives to be forward thinking in education, community outreach, corporate alliances and work culture. Offerings vary from youth programs, educational degrees and advancement in knowledge and careers to continually move ahead in life.
One of the best jobs to have on campus without a doubt.
Student IT Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 22, 2015
Great job to have on your resume and easy to advance if you are reliable. You're able to be around tech all the time which is great.
Wearing Multiple hats
Institutional Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 20, 2015
This was a temp position while I was a full-time student. Flexible hours and decent hourly pay for what skills were needed.
Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2015
Interact with the students during intramural sport events. Help the students in any way possible. My co-workers were my peers which made the job a lot of fun.
Interactive and you get to work alongside police
Student Patrol (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 21, 2015
There are different shifts, morning/ afternoon you are basically assisting others whenever they come up to you. If I see anyone who looks like they need help, I would reach out to them and help them out. The night shifts are almost the same but we make sure there are no criminal activities taking place. I learned that it is important to always be aware of your surroundings. This job you have to work with others and we all have to get along in order to work with each other. There is nothing hard about the job and the job is very enjoyable because you are working with fun people (everyone in the campus community).
Pros
Interacting with others
Cons
Walking around all the time during the night
A great place to work while studying jazz
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 21, 2015
I have the best GA - especially for a jazz student. Yes, sometimes I have to do a lot of paperwork, or hold an undergrad's hand while they register for classes... But I also get to interact one-on-one with world renowned jazz musicians and members of our jazz faculty. I get to write biographies for them for our concert series, and I get to see the inner-workings of a collegiate jazz program and music school.
Lead Residential Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Wayne. NJMay 19, 2015
Happy environment I was always getting to learn and try new technology and techniques in my field. Supportive reliable co-workers, never felt like I was alone with the tough issues if they arose.
Fun Place
Student Patrol (Former Employee) –  wayne nj 07470May 1, 2015
The job was great, the students and police respected our job. The faculty were very happy that we patrolled the campus. The uniform for the job was provided as-well.
Loved working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 16, 2015
Receiving and placing phone calls
Schedule and make appointmets
Make phiotocopies of correspondence, documents and other printed matter
Open and distribute mail
Research information from internet to put into system
Prepare paperwork for VP's signature and distribute and anything else the VP needs
Pros
Love the people I worked with
Cons
Only temporary

4.2