William Paterson University Employee Reviews

Easy and fun filled place to work.
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I took on the mascot while enrolled at the university. It was not difficult at all, I could put on the costume and do my job before I had a class and still make it time to that same class. There are staff members that are there to help you if you have any problems or questions.
Pros
More than one person for the job.
Cons
More than one person for the job.
Hate
Residence Life - Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 25, 2017
I hated it. They baerely helped me get to where I need to be in terms of finding a job. They never taught me about the real world. They never taught me anything about
Relaxed place of work, no pressure of any kind. Lot of independence.
Adjunct Faculty (Professor) (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 23, 2017
Most of the worker are serious at the workplace. Many are arrogant even some of them are academically viz a viz research publications are just average.
Good Place to work for Students
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 24, 2017
During my time at the University I was fortunate enough to get a job as a Technical Consultant where I learned a multitude of filmmaking techniques, software and equipment. It's a great job for anybody looking to increase their knowledge of the production field.
Not much room for advancement
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 31, 2017
In the School of Continuing Education there is not much opportunity for advancement which is why most of my colleagues are looking for other jobs. Also, the management is quite poor. However, you do have the typical 9-5 workday and it is an easy going/flexible environment.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement, poor management
Warm family environment
Receptionist / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 30, 2017
My experience at William Paterson University will always stay with me as an environment where I was valued as a person and an employee.

As a receptionist a typical day would be greeting clients and students, answering phones, taking messages, accepting mail and making appointments.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working for the Dean of the Department and the students.
Suburban State University with big variety of profs and students
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 28, 2017
Uuniversity has its high points, Art Department not one. Talented students and experienced professors were up against those unwilling to recognize the digital future.
Pros
Motivated students
Cons
infighting (politics)
exciting atmosphere
Veteran Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 19, 2017
Every day brings something new and unique to the university. For a small school, there is a lot of pride and engagement from both the students and faculty.
Very Pleasant
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Student Advisor centerMarch 18, 2017
I enjoyed working in the office, comfortable and you are able to do your school work. Friendly environment and cool coworkers. Loved working here alot.
Desk Assistant
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 18, 2017
In a typical day at work, I check to make sure the log books are up to date. I swipe identification cards of students as they proceed through the dormitories. I sign in guests and make sure that the safety of the students is monitored as they enter the halls.
A typical day in the office of international students and scholars
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 1, 2017
It is pretty fun working here, because I get to interact with application from people from other countries and cultures. I receive their documents and file them in accessible and organized way so it is easy and efficient for my boss to review. I learn how to manage my school work with my job and I love it. My supervisor and my boss are very nice and make me feel comfortable. I also learn the best skills from both of them. I enjoy contributing to people from other countries, since I had the same experience and it is very rewarding to help them with my experiences (good and bad).
Tutor students with math problems
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Working inside a room with other colleague students was very interactive due to the many interests we share in common. I enjoyed receiving compliments from peers and helping them succeed in school.
Pros
Super flexible hours
Productive Workplace
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work and gain experience. Because of the different levels you can learn how to do many tasks and transferable skills.
Great place for learners!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Great place for learners! I have been working here for 3 years and love the student interactions. You never have a dull day and meet people of all backgrounds.
Productive and exciting to work for.
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 19, 2017
This is the most exciting place I have ever work for. The entire campus community is very rewarding and professional. My boss is the best that anyone can ask for.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package.
Cons
One hour paid lunch plus two 15 minutes breaks.
Enjoyable workplace with flexible hours
TUTOR; HOMEWORK GRADER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 11, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time working at William Paterson University's Math Learning Center. I found the work fulfilling and meaningful, and I learned a lot about tutoring and teaching.
Challening place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 23, 2016
I taught two days a week as an adjunct professor. The hardest part of this job was teaching young adults that they are responsible for the activities in which they have chosen, including academic work. The most enjoyable part of the job occurred when students became actively involved in the writing process.
Pros
Academic freedom
Cons
Not steady as an adjunct
Great experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 17, 2016
I currently work as a financial analyst and accounting intern at Global Palate Foods LLC. in New York, NY, where I assist the CEO in all aspects of the company’s accounting and financing. My work there has been honorable and invaluable to my MBA education, including the following experience:

•We were looking for some funding opportunities for investments in food products out of the United States for more than two weeks, with no response from the companies. I researched and located seven different addresses in different countries. I emailed them and explained that our desire as a food company was to expand, but that communication was key. Within a few days I heard back from them, and I was able to present some of our products. I have learned that customer service, diligence, and negotiating are necessary supplements to accounting skills.

•I have done extensive research to find answers to problems, even in unfamiliar fields. We are a food products company, and I am responsible for updating and maintaining the QuickBooks inventory item list. Every month we receive new and different invoices that I must account for. I take the time to pull the invoices and supporting documents, I talk to the sales and marketing mangers, match the product invoices online, and then determine how I should label and classify the fixed asset. This task has helped me learn to dig deep to find information, and to work with other people within the company to find the answers I need to solve the problem at hand.
Excellent preparation for future employment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 12, 2016
The Resident Assistant (RA) facilitates the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the residence hall and University. The RA develops a sense of community among residents as members of a floor, residents of a hall, and active participants in the residence life system. The RA serves as a positive role model to residents and peer staff members. The RA enforces the rules and policies of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services and the University. The RA acts as a liaison between residents and the University administration. It's a wonderful experience that teaches discipline, time-management, and prepares you for future employment.
Good job to learn from mentors, and connect with other professors
Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 15, 2016
- only allowed certain amount of hours per week (20 hrs typically)
- pay is not very well
- you learn by researching and getting guidance from mentor
- working alongside a professor will improve your networking
- hardest part of the job is balancing research- work and student-work
- most enjoyable is meeting with other departments to confirm requirements