William Penn University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and friendly educational environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 4, 2016
Every day at William Penn University is wonderful. Even more if you are employed by them. All the faculty staff is friendly, lovely and helpful, they make your job really easy. Our boss gave us completely freedom to find the best strategy to reach the highest goal. We use several and different educational system to help the students to understand the topics.
my experience as a houskeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy working as a housekeeper and the best part is that I get to make sure that the students are in a clean environment. I also like waking up early in the morning because it help me to start the day early and finish all my duties as soon as I can
fun work enviroment
Penn Activity Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAFebruary 17, 2016
the job wasn't anything special. it was boring but it was also very entertaining. i learned that even with a boring job you have to find work to do at times. the management was fine very fun to work with. my coworkers were pretty fun i liked them all easy to talk to. hardest part of the job was just the slow points. i loved working for the students it was so much fun.
Great School
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 22, 2015
Great School with great professors. Enjoyed my time as a student and doing work study in the Applied Computer Science Deprtment.
Work can be fun
Service Center (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa IowaSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day was school and my work study job. I usually worked with one other co-worker and my boss. I would run mail, check in mail, run copies and deliver mail to staff and student mail boxes. I had to do a lot of multi tasking to get multiple tasks accomplished. Hardest part was getting print jobs finished the same day as requested. I enjoyed working with my boss and seeing many faces as students got their mail.
Pros
Great boss
Fundraiser for the school
Telemarketer / Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJune 1, 2015
The management was great. She would make sure we are taking care of and also show useful work ethics while in the process. Everyone there was hard workers that wanted to reach beyond our goal. We all worked as a team to collect the funds.
Very Laid Back
Assistant for Campus Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAFebruary 5, 2015
i had one of the office jobs in the maintenance department. it was a very easy job, which usually consisted of about an hour of filing paperwork, then spend the remainder of the time answering calls for supervisors.
Pros
laid back
Cons
minimum wage.
The university has a diverse atmosphere in which one can personally and professionally expand his/her expertise.
Professor of Communication -- Part-time/Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 9, 2015
William Penn is an excellent independent private university where a person has the opportunity to work one-on-one making a positive impact in the life of students, and, as a professor one has the opportunity to be creative and be in excellent professional relationship with faculty and staff. Great environment to work with students!
College
Member Baseball Team (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 6, 2015
I focused more on my core classes that would help me more with my career than other ones. I took many accounting classes.
I met a lot of wonder students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IANovember 21, 2014
I would answer phones and help students with paperwork. I did a lot of filing, multi-tasking, etc. I met very nice coworkers and wonderful supervisors. The wasn't anything that I considered hard. It was most enjoyably atmosphere. Two of my children did get to go to William Penn, tuition free. What a plus that was!
Pros
free pac membership
Cons
not enough time in the day
Great place to work!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 26, 2014
I have learned more here than I could imagine. From computer skills to personal and communication skills. Management does a wonderful job developing you as a person and an employee.
Review
Replay operator (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 22, 2014
Penn was a great experience I learned a lot and will never forget what I've been through.
Internship
Track and field internship (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 29, 2014
Learned how to manage and create an recruiting budget, Team management, How to spread money to pay for team travel, food, hotel and equipment. coaches budgeting, Practice time and training time.
Pros
learning and training
Cons
none.
lab job
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAOctober 31, 2013
I loved this job, although it was only a work study job. I was the lab assistant to one of my professors.
Pros
got to be in lab
Cons
job ended
Great Enivornment, Friendly people.
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAAugust 15, 2013
Fun place to work while attending school. Working here was a plus because i was able to get familiar with the library as well as work.
Pros
location
Fun environment, while working with peers and other students.
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJuly 16, 2013
It was a very enjoyable work place, while being able to have hand on training and learning with other trainers. Was able to learn to have great work ethic and take care of the any person or student that was in need of anything. Also was able to teach me how to be more personable and help my communication skills.
College atmosphere
Activity Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 10, 2013
College atmosphere
team leader
Easy work
hardest thing was working around sports.
Great workplace in an educational environment.
IT Staff (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAOctober 27, 2012
This is a great place to work. For me it was a great place to keep my skills active as well as learn new skills.
This place would have been a much better place to work had I not had to worry that my position might end at any time.
You couldn't ask for a better crew to work with.
Cool help desk complete with bar-stools and LED lights.
Technical Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJune 25, 2012
Work on students' laptops that need repairs or assist the supervisors in their tasks.
Learned solutions for repairs including but not limited to ghosting, disk checks, re-imaging, cold-boxing, and keeping up a working network.
Boss was wonderful and my co-workers are fellow students.
The hardest part is working around the clock in doing the computers' maintenance.
And the most enjoyable part is learning everything (and I mean everything) about tech and geek-dom.
Since I was there as a student-employee, I had to leave the job after I graduated college.
Pros
free cookies and free software!
Cons
any other college job.
Great place to hone your computer skills as well as personal skills.
IT/Staff (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMay 27, 2012
This is a great place to work. I started as a work study, then after I graduated I became a college employee, after which I was a graduate assistant and then went back to college employee. I enjoy working on computers that are sick and making them well again.
I also enjoy working with the public.
This has been a great job for me.

4.6