William Penn University Employee Reviews

William Penn University
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 12, 2017
Great facilities
Lot of different cultures
always willing to help other
I have learned at work a lot about the school, I was always everywhere and would interact with a lot of people.
Pros
good interactions with the students
Cons
very old
The best
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 11, 2017
This is one of the best places I have ever had to priviledge to work. I strated in Maintenance, moved on to IT and, then became a housekeeper. If I had been able to get along with the head housekeeper I would still be there.
The people are friendly and good to work for and with. There is an excellent amount of work/personal time mix. The work can be easy or hard however you want to make it and for a guy the eye candy is excellent.
This is of course a college and so there is never a dull moment.
This is a highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Almost everything is good
Cons
Couldn't get along with Head of Housekeepimg
Productive and fun work environment
College Job (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMarch 13, 2017
William Penn University provided me with a good learning environment with hand on experience opportunity. The workplace culture enhanced my communication skills through having interactions with supervisors or colleague.
Diversity is amazing!
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 6, 2016
If you are a people person William Penn University is for you! You will meet people from all over the world. Most positions are salary with no comp time. Usually 8 to 5 daily some weekends required. Pay scale is low compared to standards and no raises for the last 5 years.
Pros
Free Tuition Program
Fun Workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 3, 2016
Working at the golf course was always a good and fun time. Yes there was times where the labor was intense, but overall working on a beautiful golf course, and seeing how much the players appreciate what you do, really was motivational.
work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IANovember 2, 2016
Just helped manage the basketball team while red shirting. Also did the laundry for the practice herders ans just made sure half of the daily assignments for the team were in order.
Professional Employer, Excellent Faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAOctober 2, 2016
WPU provides a diverse student body with the opportunity to attain teaching licensure through a "non-traditional" medium - distance learning. A typical day at work includes drafting curriculum for both AA and BA classes in the Education division; planning, implementing monitoring, and assessing instructional classroom programs; instructing courses in to an all-ages college classroom, using technology to deliver effective lessons; mentoring students; career planning, and; supervising and evaluating students' education observation hours.
Pros
Distance learning provides flexible hours and mediums for instructional delivery.
Cons
Classes are contracted semester to semester.
Great work experience
Maintenance Worker, ISS, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 27, 2016
This is one of the best places taht I have ever worked. I would definitely go back. I came here to get a quality education and then remained for another 8 years. I worked in Maintenance 2008 /10, ISS 2010 / 13, and Housekeeping 2013 / 15. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people at William Penn University are friendly and easy to get along with. During the time I was there I only met 1 or 2 disagreeable souls. It's a great place to get an education as well as a great place to work.
Pros
Everything at Penn is a memorable experience
Cons
Don't come here if you don't like people. The people are friendly and want to get to know you.
Fun place to work but management is poor
Campus Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 12, 2016
Great environment with students and most staff. WPU is located in small town Iowa which I loved but some crave a bigger town. Upper management is poor.
Production and mindset
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAAugust 17, 2016
I am a on time person at work and do what jobs are laid out for me and will help others that need to be helped out. I go in and check my job for the day, I lift tires and pallets and toss and load all day.
Pros
Paid weekly and close to home
Cons
Not enough pay or any benefits
good place to work
Public Safety, Security (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 24, 2016
good place to work, good management, good pay benefits, co workers are very supportive and helpful, good place to attend school
Productive and friendly educational environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 4, 2016
Every day at William Penn University is wonderful. Even more if you are employed by them. All the faculty staff is friendly, lovely and helpful, they make your job really easy. Our boss gave us completely freedom to find the best strategy to reach the highest goal. We use several and different educational system to help the students to understand the topics.
my experience as a houskeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy working as a housekeeper and the best part is that I get to make sure that the students are in a clean environment. I also like waking up early in the morning because it help me to start the day early and finish all my duties as soon as I can
fun work enviroment
Penn Activity Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAFebruary 17, 2016
the job wasn't anything special. it was boring but it was also very entertaining. i learned that even with a boring job you have to find work to do at times. the management was fine very fun to work with. my coworkers were pretty fun i liked them all easy to talk to. hardest part of the job was just the slow points. i loved working for the students it was so much fun.
Great School
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 22, 2015
Great School with great professors. Enjoyed my time as a student and doing work study in the Applied Computer Science Deprtment.
Work can be fun
Service Center (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa IowaSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day was school and my work study job. I usually worked with one other co-worker and my boss. I would run mail, check in mail, run copies and deliver mail to staff and student mail boxes. I had to do a lot of multi tasking to get multiple tasks accomplished. Hardest part was getting print jobs finished the same day as requested. I enjoyed working with my boss and seeing many faces as students got their mail.
Pros
Great boss
Fundraiser for the school
Telemarketer / Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJune 1, 2015
The management was great. She would make sure we are taking care of and also show useful work ethics while in the process. Everyone there was hard workers that wanted to reach beyond our goal. We all worked as a team to collect the funds.
Very Laid Back
Assistant for Campus Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAFebruary 5, 2015
i had one of the office jobs in the maintenance department. it was a very easy job, which usually consisted of about an hour of filing paperwork, then spend the remainder of the time answering calls for supervisors.
Pros
laid back
Cons
minimum wage.
The university has a diverse atmosphere in which one can personally and professionally expand his/her expertise.
Professor of Communication -- Part-time/Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 9, 2015
William Penn is an excellent independent private university where a person has the opportunity to work one-on-one making a positive impact in the life of students, and, as a professor one has the opportunity to be creative and be in excellent professional relationship with faculty and staff. Great environment to work with students!
College
Member Baseball Team (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 6, 2015
I focused more on my core classes that would help me more with my career than other ones. I took many accounting classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at William Penn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4