William Rainey Harper College Employee Reviews

Incredible people
Student Aide, CTP Division (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 25, 2017
Working at Harper College as a Student Aide is one of the better decisions I made during my time as a student. The workplace at Harper is top notch from the people to the environment. Those who worked in the office I was supporting encouraged me daily to strive for my dreams. They helped me to reach out of my comfort zone and taught me valuable lessons for future workplaces.
All the instructors in the division that I was able to interact with were just as encouraging and gave advice freely. Smiles and stories were abundant as I worked here.

They prioritize being a student and created a work schedule accordingly. This allowed me time to study and create a routine to set myself up for success.
Pros
Workplace Culture
very good college to work for
Networks certification Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILMarch 11, 2017
I had great time teaching at Harper...enjoyed teaching there...staff were very helpful and teaching environment and their facility are very up to date and impressive.
great place to work
Desktop Technician PT4 (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and great to work with. People are very understanding and work as a team. Everyone has the same goals and that is to make Harper a great place for students to go.
Pros
Great Benefits, Life Balance. Great People in all departments.
Fun. small environment
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 24, 2016
Great place to work! They work around and respect your schedule. Management is great; they understand school comes first.
Nursing Education
Clinical Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 11, 2016
I loved working with the professors and educators at Harper. I strongly believe in this program as the best in the area for an ADN program. I believe they produce better nurse that some of the 4 year schools in the area. I say this because I also worked in the hospital setting and had an opportunity to precept nursing students from other programs. Harper has the highest quality and standards for its students.
Fun
Student Aide, 3D Studio (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILMarch 2, 2016
Fun work place learn a lot about craftsmanship. Had to sometimes work with less because lack of resources. I would recommend this job to any student interesting in art or design
This was so fun
Library Data Acquisition Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILFebruary 1, 2016
This job helped me learn data entry skills, customer service skills, and how to be organized. Management is great, my coworkers are great. I loved my coworkers.
It is ok
Student Aide of Math and Science (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 21, 2016
Great place to work if you want to do your homework and get paid it. I mean who doesn't. The office is very quiet and comfortable except for the Secretary who is very moody and explosive.
classroom instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 9, 2015
I mainly teach classes during the weekend or evening shift. I was responsible for all aspect of job as per class syllabus. I only signed on for one class per semester to teach during evenings or during weekends.
Great College/Beware of Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 17, 2014
Working at Harper in the Financial Aid office was the worse two years of my life. Please BEWARE of the poor leadership within the department starting with the Director! Please do your research on the department's history, there has been proof of racial discrimination, harassment & the department was proven to be a hostile work environment under the current management team. If you are chosen to interview for the Financial Aid Assistant ask questions like, how is the office morale? How has the employee turnover been in the last 3 years? Is there room for advancement? Does the management team promote growth & development?! Ask HR the reputation of the office.I would strongly suggest treading lightly when applying for this position.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, time off
Cons
Poor leadership, no diversity, no opportunity for advancement for internal employees
Great place to work with a wide diversity of students
ADMISSIONS DATA STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILFebruary 13, 2014
It was great working 4 days a week and having a long weekend in this PT position. I loved working with students of all ages with different goals. It definitely was a team effort with my co-workers, and we blended well, all with a positive attitude to give our students accurate information in a timely manner.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILDecember 18, 2013
Friendly management, great environment to enhance my skills. I loved working with the college students as well as the general public.
Pros
I learned a lot about my professional teaching methods
Cons
Grading homework of students
It was an amazing class and I learned a lot
Certified Nursing Assistant Graduate (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILNovember 23, 2013
The teaching staff was extremely helpful and motivating. I did not work here it was a program.
Somewhat productive and fun
Telephone Operator-Reception (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 16, 2012
Everyday was not the same, sometimes very busy but most of
the time it was not. Learned new Cisco phone system which was
fun and enjoyed it. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of employees as well as students.
Pros
paid vacation and time off at christmas.
Cons
not being busy all the time.