Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

Loved this company and work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
great support from management, fun people to work with, good customers to speak with and assist, loved working wedding registry
extreme high tension workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2014
come in and clock in. then go to morning meetings which was given by the manager of what department you were in that day. then you would usually train several ppl while trying to reach your quota. i learned how to deal with hardship on the job. i learned how to deal with different types of ppl and attitudes and how not to let taht affect your work. – more... i enjoyed meeting some of the ppl i did meet. – less
Fun laid back working enviroment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: pay, seasonal employment, hours
I enjoyed working at Williams Sonoma. I gained a good amount of knowledge from the few weeks of training. If you enjoy talking to customers over the phone, this is the ideal job for you.
positive atmosphere, given tools to be successful
Customer Service Rep. Handling (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2014
Pros: special events with free food, activities, able to volunteer on community projects.
Cons: nothing
I really enjoyed working at Williams-Sonoma but unfortunately it was a temporary seasonal position that ended. I was asked to return again this year, but due to recovering from the May 20, 2013 Moore, OK with rebuilding my home, I was tied up with it and unable to start when they needed me.
Job (Mgmt) Culture mars the Beautiful, Inspiring surroundings
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: scheduling
This would be an awesome place to work if the in-house and district manager would be more people-centric. They refuse to hire you if you do not have full time open availability, but then only schedule you for an average of ten hours per week making it almost impossible to secure other employment.
good business
Packer/Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2014
work was good sometimes slow in business. it was always something to learn from making shakes, lattes, how to scoop ice cream ECT.
I love working here
Packer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company and I like the people I work with
Good management with uplifting attitude
MERCHANDISE PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2014
Very good relationship with management, always uplifting, always positive in overwhelming days. Co-workers are a good team of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is last minute schedule changes(less than 24hr notice), no time with family, very unorganized,and no advancement in career. The good part is working with co-workers and management. – more... I learned that team work is strongly needed in everyday life and should be appreciated. – less
Fast-paced service-oriented design specialist
Icovia Interior Design Software (Current Employee), The Colony, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: poor corporate management - budget issues
While Williams-Sonoma is a large corporation, they need more attention on retaining good employees and hiring the best possible talent. Staff turnover is more than rampant.
Excellent fun and friendly place to work!
E-Commerce Corporate Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly
I loved this job! Everyone (including management) was friendly, approachable, and willing to help. It was medium stress level, but you are provided with many tools to help you provide outstanding customer service. Great training, not just thrown in to it. I really grew professionally and emotionally during this job. I would recommend this company to – more... anyone! – less
A company that strives to please its customers.
Customer Support /Service - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2014
Williams-Sonoma is a wonderful company that goes more than a few extra steps to make its customers happy. My favorite part of the job is the data entry. The hardest is dealing with customers who are hard pressed to squeeze a drop of water from a rock, in essence disturbing the flow of calls of genuine customer service calls on a hunt to find a way to – more... receive maximum discounts or credits. My co workers are quite diverse. I enjoy what they provide to my work life. Management works hard to always assist in any and every way possible. – less
Stable company with forward thinking management
Technical Delivery Systems PMO Project Manager (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: working for a company that delivers some of the best home products available.
Cons: the bureaucracy and politics can hold back timely quality work.
Williams-Sonoma is a typical corporate retail environment with a fair amount of bureaucracy, politics and over lapping processes. But, it has definitely long since found it's customer and it's place in the market. It has very talented teams that are great to work for the most part.
I've learned an enormous amount about eCommerce there as well as infrastructure – more... management from a PMO PM position. The infrastructure that has been put in place to incorporate PCI, PCC and SDLC compliance is impressive.
The most difficult part about the position is that IT in general is always on call regardless of the post. When a SEV1 impacts revenue through the store channel, eComm channel or order channel, everything is dropped to restore service and then resolve the issue(s) to the work as designed work flow.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the people. While it's not always considered the number one priority, their "People First" ideology does come through. – less
Picker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: pay and hours
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my time here. The pay was good and the hours was also. I would love to work for this company again.
discounts
Customer Service (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: seasonal
management kept you up to date on everything
co workers were cool, just a young crowd
most enjoyable part of job was helping customer pick out merchandise
unsafe osha needs to make a visit or two
turret forklift (Former Employee), city of IndustryJuly 12, 2014
Went through an agency they made me wait 4 hours in the cafeteria before I started I complained about it 2hrs later was told go also witnessed an accident about to happen on my way out very unprofessional
Excellent - Visuals
Sales Associate, Visuals (Internship) (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: create visually pleasing store front windows and in-store displays
Cons: worked holidays and weekends
I was in charge of all the store fixtures and window displays. Followed plano-grams, monthly and seasonal changes with new merchandise. Example: holiday product and appliances.In charge of keeping shelves well stocked.
Productive and a wonderful workplaace
Team Leader and Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: giveaways
Cons: short breaks
Love my job.......a typical day at this job is exciting, because you never know what's the next new item/s are until you actually look at them for yourself, instead of a catalog. I learned different types of jobs throughout the warehouse. My co-workers were very nice and helpful, always work like a team.
Terrible place to work........I would not recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2014
Pros: discount which is what you would normally pay somewhere else.
Cons: over worked. supervisors do not want to help
The worst job I have ever had. This company does not care about their employees. They make it harder and harder. Very stressful because the company does not know what they are doing. Lots of mistakes made other departments, not to mention over priced product with lots of flaws. Under paid and overworked!!
productive and safe work enviroment and very professional
Stock Room Associate (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 4, 2014
Pros: very professional work enviroment
Cons: part time job
a typical day at work would be arriving on time for my shift, reporting to the manager to get an update on the duties for the day which typicaly are auditing inventory, receiving inventory, stock checks ect.
I have learned the effective management and auditing of inventory and the responsible and efficient repting of results acquired in the process.
Fun Workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
This job was extremely enjoyable, i cherished every moment of it. The team members where extremely nice and i was well respected.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more