Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search
great work at home job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 20, 2017
Good work at home job. Typical day lasts 8 hours + 30 minute lunch. Learned a lot about special circumstances customers bring. Hardest part would be pre escalated customers who are uncooperative. Helping out sweet older ladies is the best part of the day. Management is solid and very reasonable with expectations.
Pros
work at home
Cons
short lunches
Generally a good place to work
Eton opperator, repairs (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCAugust 19, 2017
Upper management seems to be fine lower management is not very good at all the health insurance and benefits are great it seems to be a growing company and is very large already
It was a great experience with paid holidays!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2017
It was a great work place. I hate my assignment ended and I had to relocate, but if I had the chance to move back to Memphis this company would be my first choice!!! Overall I experience a lot working here the staff and employees were awesome😊
Pros
Free lunch during holidays
Cons
30 min
Productive work environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAAugust 17, 2017
I learned how to price product when it came into the stockroom. My boss would lead me to a section of the stockroom and tell me what needed to be where.
My review have been meets expectation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
Over the years Its have been a fun place to work learning new skills that will allow me to use elsewhere.However there not a lot of room for advance.
Pros
free drawing with prizes, free employers lunch
Cons
getting points with legible excuses
Good learning ground for Planners
Retail Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
Good base level experience for planners to learn and develop strategy positioning and collaborate with the Buyers on financial strategies. Lacks in-season mgmt capabilities and empowerment.
Pros
Building strong business relationships with cross functional partners
Cons
Buyers still acted superior to Planners
My shift was friendly and worked well as a team . They were concerned with having productive days and as the lead person it made my job easier.
Upholstery lead (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAAugust 15, 2017
A great experience working and making upholstered furniture on a production line. As the lead upholsterer I'm responsible for making a quality product efficiently . Teamwork is key all members are important.
Pros
New friends, a job, benefits, paid days off, and I learned new stuff.
Cons
Hard work, long hours, long drives, people in bad moods, days when everything seems to go wrong
overall pretty good place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 15, 2017
productive workplace with room for improvement in house supervisors worked well with you also also cross trained in other areas of the warehouse pretty good place overall and weekly pay period
exhausting and under run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 15, 2017
Very tiring. Need to know what you are talking about. Clientele is pretentious and demanding. Sales are nice with expensive purchases and often times large purchases. Management was roughly ran and a little unorganized. Corporate does not care about the need of individual establishments.
Overall it was a pretty good job.
Stocker/Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed the job very much so the pay was pretty decent and the work was pretty easy it was just the hours and the location was extremely hot. The management team was ok
Fun place
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 13, 2017
Was good work environment just was really a lack of training and the management isn't really on there job it's a good summer job to get some extra cash
Easy with very light work mostly
Loader (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 13, 2017
The job is easy with very light work mostly. But this is not a job you want if you're looking for something long-term. Before they hire you, they'll promise you 40 hours a week plus overtime; however, for the first mouth I was there we would only work 5-7 hours a day, 4 days a week.
Pros
45 minute lunch break
Cons
no air, no hours
Fast paced job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff members who have been there awhile and don't know how to take criticism about their work. Hiring to many young people who don't care about the work that they do only about the money.
Changing
Fabric/cutting lead (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCAugust 12, 2017
Many changes in the managerial profile of the company, not all good, could probably work out in the end but right now the roads are really bumpy. A typical day would be preparing my team for the nights activities knowing I'm short 3 to 5 associates short and still getting the job done. The hardest part of the job is coming in each day knowing you have to over perform to get the bare minimum done for the next shift to get started. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
OK for Entry Level Call Center
Product Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
This is an OK place to gain call center experience, but in regards to long term, i would suggest going somewhere else. The discount is nice, but you would have to order everything online.
Pros
discount, friendly coworkers
Cons
bad management, poor pay.
It was a great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2017
It was a temp job and the assignment ended after peak season was over. It was only a few jobs that needed workers to stay. Over all it was an okay place to work.
Extremely busy establishment with terrible work/life balance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 8, 2017
high volume of inbound/outbound calls.
learned to be thorough to help customers locate missing items.
management only cares about numbers not people.
hardest part of the job irate customers.
best part of the job, when reaching out to other company branches they are more than willing to help.
Too much overtime for months on end.
Pros
overtime (if youre a workaholic)
Cons
health care
Good management, lacking in willingness to try new things
Inventory Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
Work on reports, cycle count, send and receive emails, reconcile inventory discrepancies. Check locations, make inventory adjustments, search and locate lost inventory. Cross train other departments on correct processes.
Pros
Good management, great benefits
Cons
College education required to get promoted to management
productive work place
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2017
My daily task at Williams Sonoma was operating two monogram machines as well as picking ,packing ,and working at a productive speed for ten or twelve hours day.
All associates including managers were outstanding.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2017
My associates and management were a pleasure to work with for 18 years. Customer service was a challenge, but rewarding. Long hours during holidays. Many internal promotions to boost morale. Many associates and management personnel were employed for over 10 years, showing the bond we had to execute our job with the highest degree of professionalism.
Pros
Overall environment was great
Cons
Difficult customers that wanted something they were no entitled to.