Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 26, 2016
Overall - enjoyable place to work.
Unrealistic expectations for floor set - expected to be completed during business hours.
Upper management just cut a lot of store management jobs due to poor business performance.
Pros
salary, discount, coworkers
Cons
outdated technology, no job security
Fast and loud work environment. 1 of 3 male workers, female dominate.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CASeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at work began early in the morning (6 am) it would start of slow due to laws of calling out before 8 am. I would receive inbound phone calls from states ahead in time and after 8 am the telemarketing would begin. First priority was to answer inbound calls. I learned to multitask using multiple windows at once to track information, such as location of packages, and customer information. I had a system of seeing the inbound call and punching in the phone number as I read to them the script we followed so I can have them off the phone satisfied as soon as possible to answer the following call. This would allow me to predict and foresee why I was receiving the call in the first place making the time on the phone faster and smoother. It allowed me to sound more confident and aware of the situation at hand. I would have every bit of information on my screen necessary to do my job. You tried to avoid asking for help since everyone around you was doing the same exact thing. All the answers and help you needed were provided for you so that you can work independently in your cubical. As for my co workers they loved me they would fight with one another to sit next to me so during leisure time we can communicate and converse. I was a natural when it came to assisting people so I also would help train the new comers who needed guidance. My first day at work I remember answering inbound after 2 hours of just watching someone doing it. Normally they train you for a week before they release you on your own, but I was given a desk and computer after 2 hours. Felt really nervous  more... about being on my own, but luckily I had help when I was in need of it. The worst part of the job is the end of the night when no more inbound were calling because your momentum would slow down causing time to go slow. My most favorite thing about the job was helping individuals and getting to know them through the phone. It was quite an experience speaking to individuals across the U.S. some would be very friendly and others weren't, but at the end they would always switch up their attitudes. We were there to make sure they got their items on time and built for them, so they knew we were there to assist. The job was mentally draining as you sat there for hours starring at a computer call after call till it was time to go home. The experience was worth my time there as I feel I learned the value of customer service even though it was the scheduling department.  less
Pros
My co workers were awesome individuals, older group of ladies that treated you as if you were their son.
Cons
Lunch 30 minutes, Long hours of sitting, cold enviroment, and lack of privacy.
A great Warehouse at times
Restocker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 22, 2016
Always be on time. By been a temporary you fair your self by not showing up on time
The long time I was there I never got job to be come a full time work.
Pros
45min
Cons
2/15min
Williams sonoma
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73132September 21, 2016
I really liked Williams Sonoma. It was a Layed Back job ,Hard at times. But I always got through the day always had help from my supervisor once I got the hang of things I was helping others
Summer Intern
Public Relations and Brand Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2016
I loved working at Williams-Sonoma. The employees are passionate about the brand and the culture is great. The working environment is fast paced and never dull. Management is driven and supportive.
Warehouse
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 12, 2016
Williams-Sonoma was a fun place to work at. It was a easy job to do. Nice people all around you. People showed you how to do thing to get your job done.
Warehouse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 12, 2016
Warehouse, non- climate controlled environment. Therefore, when it's hot outside it's hot inside vice versa with cold. Extremely easy job. You will be standing the entire time so wear comfortable shoes.
Can never reach anyone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 11, 2016
Training is a month long, They don't teach you anything in that course except how to use the system. The trainer is very sarcastic and rude. The customers that call are rude and always upset about little things. I was a work from home agent and could never get in touch with management or a lead when I needed one for help. The pay is great for a Work from home agent, but you put up with a lot of Stuff so it is deserved. No insurance.
Don't expect them to promote from within
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 7, 2016
You won't be promoted from within, nor will your sales numbers or loyalty be rewarded. They should build up the talent they already have, and not be looking outside before promoting the sales people they already have.
Pros
Food
Cons
Not one ounce of respect from upper management.
very good company to work for.
Store Management (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 7, 2016
Very good company to work for immediate supervisor is great. I have learned a lot from her and she is service oriented as much as I am. I work with a very good team and we continue to grow together
good place to work
Picking Lead/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 6, 2016
good job could pay more ,better people in leadership positions,they could be more helpful to the people under them.no team concept
Training Supervisors ARE AWFUL!!!
Customer Service Representative - work from home (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2016
I went through the training process for this position and the supervisors were horrible and unprofessional. I ended up quitting before training ended.
can be better
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 2, 2016
Great company to work for because the day goes by fast when there's plenty of work. Most people here are helpful and friendly and willing to teach you new things everyday so you can grow within the company.
Great product and passionate people, little work life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2016
Day to day there is a lot to do and not enough time to do it. Most stores are short staffed because we have high expectations of who we want to hire. This job has taught me a lot and I know have a much better business acumen and a better understanding of the business overall.

Management can be great some days and really tough the next. Criticism is not always constructive. My coworkers are actually quite great, we are a tight-knit group of friends at this point.

Hardest part about my job is the hours worked. Most enjoyable part about my job is making a store beautiful and succeeding through my people.
Pros
Great discount
no go
Processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2016
I didn't enjoy this job but it was a job. They don't pay well. Management changes things too often. If you have problems with pay or anything personal it take them to long to fix it.
Very productive, fun with prize give away and a great chance for advanement
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2016
William-Sonoma was by far the best call center I work that in my life was daily prizes trips and food how they treat you you will fall in love and as much overtime as you can handle
Cons
Great opportunities if you have the right GM
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 26, 2016
Experience at the store level is entirely based on the GM. District Managers change to much to actually be able to accomplish anything. People First atmosphere is not reflected in store level pay.
Pros
Energetic and Positive Senior Management
Cons
District Manager Musical Chairs
Production Work place With Exercise Room
Next Day Air Team, DC Clerk, ICC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
I Enjoy Working At William Sonoma And The People Around Me And Its A Nice And Clean Environment. And The Hardest Part Of This Job Is Working In The Mods On The Third Level In Extreme Heat Conditions
Facility provided a gym!
Onsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
Perform duties of the On-site Supervisor or On-site Staffing Specialist as necessary
Produce requested management reports
Follow company policies and procedures for all staffing and customer activity

Job Type: Full-time
Pros
Long lunches friendly staff.
maintaining
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work was coming to work fully prepared ready to work. I have learned you have to work at a good paste and get a certain amount of thing done in a specific timing. Also my co-workers were very helping and caring.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks