Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Very fun place to work with lots of room for advancement.
C.S.R / Help Desk/ I.T (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
I came in as a Full Service Associate, (C.S.R.) and in just 2 short months I was at the Command Center.
Williams-Sonoma gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that include:
-Troubleshooting our Work-From-Home Associates with their computer issues.
-Reading 'Real Time' call volume.
-Updating Associates schedules
-Approving and Declining time off or overtime.
-Sending hourly reports to Management.
All these skills I did not have before I was hired at Williams-Sonoma.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
I have this DECENT pay rate but the position's availability is only Part-Time.
Productive and friendly workplace with great management...
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is smooth sailing, fun and productive. Coworkers are very down to earth and everyday you learn something new from one of the managers. The hardest part of the job is being able to have thorough knowledge of all merchandise and services. Most enjoyable part of the job is gaining experience and learning about things and having access to a lot of people with great knowledge.
steer clear not even close to "people first"
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2016
IT is worst offender. Senior management leads by fear. If you're apart of the "click" then things appear easier/better. If not, then do not expect any support or anyone in leadership having your back. Certainly don't expect any growth potential.

Turn over is constant because most are over worked, under paid all because leadership makes promises they can't deliver on. They don't value hard work or the people that deliver.

Not progressing with technology, still easily 10 years behind with no end in sight.

If you're looking for a company with a progressive environment that values their people, this is not it at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No support. Terrible leadership. Leadership only out for themselves and the bottom line
I enjoyed the job overrall, but i did not agree with some of the mangement techniques to insure quality service.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 18, 2016
typical day consisted of impossible goals to reach,, unbearable work conditions, and mismanagement. co workers were typically ok, but mainly a younger class of employees. Hardest part was attempting to follow the directives of more than one person, and the extreme heat.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
short breaks, long shifts
Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Merch Processor, Order Selection (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
williams Sonoma was a fun and great place to work they gave away prizes and gifts along with bonuses for good work performance and attendance I have work their three years straight and management has been fair consistent no problems, the hardest part of the job was some times the overnight hours because I always worked another job because this was only part time for me and after the holidays we were gone. Williams-Sonoma, Inc in fun again and a great place to work.
Pros
gifts and bonuses
Cons
late night hours
Work From Home
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. It is a work from home position where you take customer service calls and sales calls. The hardest part of the job is taking back to back calls and learning the AS400 system. Training is long and can be information overload. I really loved my class and co workers.
Pros
work from home, good benefits, fun management team
Cons
short breaks, angry customers, no real growth potential
Love the Work Atmoshphere
Visual Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2016
All staff members are welcoming and positive. Generally positive attitude everywhere you go when working for Williams Sonoma. A typical day at work includes everyday tasks and of course whatever the day brings and every day can be exciting. Working for the visual team and the Stock team is fun for me because I get to learn the hundreds of different products we have from the stock team while also traveling and working on the visual team.
Pros
Free Lunches, Awesome Staff, Supportive Atmosphere
Cons
Traveling alot
I appreciated the opportunity to purchase at a discount & annual new product seminars. I won lots of great gifts.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2016
a full day of answering inbound calls for rental of automobiles;
lots of computer usage;
did not like having to change supervisors every 2 months
mostly easy to work with - no time to socialize
I answered over 200 call per day which got old after 2 years. When i tried to advance out the call center was not given cooperation from supervisor.
The most enjoyable part was assisting celebrities
Pros
the salary was adequate
Cons
no chance for advancement
Wonderful Place to work!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
People there were very nice, you didnt have a supervisor looking over you at all times. They trusted us with decision making and it made my job easier. I enjoyed the customers and solving thier issues. Great discounts, great benefits. The hardest part of the job was sometimes an angry customer but i looked at is as a challenge and I never ended a call badly. Very team oriented and they make work fun.
Pros
free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and water.
Cons
the communications systems arent allways correct.
Lacks clear vision and ability to change
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 21, 2016
If you claim to be a professional you would not work with this organization. The lack of training in the field is a direct correlation of a feckless corporate management team.
There is little respect for the loyal senior associates that still embrace the rules & regulations of their former executive leaders.
Pros
The senior staff
Cons
unable to retain top tier talent, no organization, no training, antiquated systems- poor budget allocations, failing business for the past 2 yrs
Great company/they work hard at producing fun contests
Sales, Service, E-Commerce & Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
Learned a lot about the company over my tenure there, moving around to various departments to get the big picture of how and why things are done the way they are. The more you understand, the better you can do your job. Great co-workers and team players, especially miss my Business Sales associates and some of the clients I worked with.
Pros
Flexible hours, given the tools to help the customers, offer contests for performance
Cons
Mediocare pay
Warm environment and caring staff
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2016
Williams-Sonoma has some of the nicest people on staff I've ever met. I'd help as much as possible around the back room and on the sales floor when needed, and they never asked too much. Everyone supported one another; my supervisors were out on the floor just as much as I was.
The most difficult part of this job is learning the back room environment. There's a LOT of stuff back there, and it takes a while to get your bearings.
But everyone's warm and helpful, always appreciative of your help. It's one of the most rewarding job experiences someone could have in part-time work.
Pros
Flexible schedules, snacks provided
Cons
Challenging first adjustment
The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXApril 18, 2016
The most challenging part of this job was to become permanent from contractor .There was 3 months training with no time off, no sick time, Performance was monitored based on point system, meaning 3 strike and you are out of the program.
William Sonoma hired batch of 48 people and I was one of the person who made the cut to be hired permanent employee.
Pros
Cons
No time off, Point base
flexible hours
Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
I worked during the holiday season in the stockroom at williams-sonoma which meant I was able to learn about the cookwares we sold. Also I was able to help customers find gifts for their loved ones. It was very interesting at times to hear from customers about what they are looking for and why
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal employment
Okay place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2016
Bland building with desk that you could not do anything at. Never had enough or correct seating. Some of the co-workers were friendly while others were rude. Customers called and yelled because of things the previous representative has said or done. The managers do absolutely nothing, they can be sitting at there at their desk and a customer can ask for one and they would say no even if they aren't doing anything but running their mouths.
Good Values, Not So Certain Future
Assistant Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2016
Williams Sonoma Inc has a rich history and a reputation for good quality. The thing that keeps me attached are the people I work with and the team that has stuck through many hardships over the past few years. An incredible group of people all with many talents and skills help make my career with William Sonoma what it is.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement
Fun company to work for with a great culture.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 22, 2016
At Williams Sonoma we are inspired daily to make connections with our customers on a personal level. We invite our customers and their families into our store where we make them feel like they are at home. I've received lots of support from coworkers and encouragement from my manager along my journey with this company.
Pros
Fun events, schedule flexibility
Cons
Sometimes short on coverage, old computer systems
A nice place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2016
However maintaining the store can be hard during the holidays, due to the amount of volume coming into the store. If you are looking for comparable pay, its ok for part-time, but can't live on it to maintain a home. I love the store and the product, its great for part-time work and discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
hardwork during the holidays
Great place for retired
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2016
Retired workers or workers looking for a discount during the holidays. Good luck staying on after the holiday season though as they do peak hiring and keep very little of the large force they hire during the holidays.
Pros
No quota's, fun place to work with great people
Cons
can be completely monotonous
work from home position is great for parents
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyed the work from home position, it allowed me to stay on top of in home duties and gave more time to interact with the school age students. on the other hand management is not the best when it comes to attendance there was no consideration for the allotment of time given for personal matters.
Pros
40% off merchandise
Cons
travel time to job site