Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sale sale sale, field trips and events
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CADecember 5, 2016
Clock in on time, receive orders or instructions, learned to use the computer, answer emails, phone calls, prepare orders for customs to receive
Pros
sale sale sale break time, pot luck celebrations
Cons
being late
hard work
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NC 28602December 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for William sonoma i was currently pregnant at the time i worked for William sonoma, i learned alot about how to pack and ship ups handling's and shipping's , my co-workers were very helpful with heavy lifting while pregnant. i loved that the days went by fast because i stayed busy with work.
Pros
light duty
Cons
heavy lifting
Nice work done there
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2016
I stopped working there because it was also to far out and my ride had broke down so I had to call in and tell them after months of being there that I wasn't able to continue with the job due to no transportation
Pros
Lunch was not free but it was cheap
Cons
Short breaks through out the shift like a two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break
Always had events for St Jude's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2016
I loved this company always threw parties. They also have us snacks during the Christmas season. It's a great company to work for , just has a high turnover rate.
Pros
Free lunch and helping customers
Cons
No health insurance
fun place they help you until u get it right
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 4, 2016
They helpful, they funny and manage our money right they help me learn more things that I wasn't capable of . But they are nice people
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PADecember 2, 2016
Williams Sonoma is a very inviting company to work for. I love that they embrace and welcome all cultures. There is unfortunately not a lot of growth opportunities and just recently a lot of positions have been cut.
Not a Place I want to work
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCNovember 30, 2016
Strange place to work most employees are thieves long days no structure met some good people Had car keys stolen employees go through your purse when your in restroom
Pros
Cons
only 1 15 min break and a 30 in 8 hrs
Expensive products!!! Cheap labor!!!!!
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 24, 2016
Cheap labor don't be fooled!!!!! They advertise for management position but when you go in for the interview it's minimum wage and they offer seasonal because they want you to prove yourself! And probably lay you off after Christmas I can't believe they pay so little! I also went to pottery barn then realized this is owned by William Sonoma so I ran fast lol
Pros
Nice product
Cons
Cheap labor
No life work balance
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 23, 2016
Williams Sonoma in Memphis/Olive Branch is a very difficult company to work for. They are in the middle of changing upper management and the new regime is very young and inexperienced. They are leading by threats and intimidation and always seeking to blame someone lower on any issues. The moral is very low. Williams Sonoma volume is 20% - 30% down in 2016, which will likely create more negativity in the coming year.
Pros
Free linches
Cons
Micro management
Total lack of support
Full Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 21, 2016
The training portion on this job was adequate at best. The job itself is pretty easy, until it is not. Meaning, as long as the customers questions are something you know.... things are good. However, the minute you need any assistance from a team lead, supervisor, etc... things go downhill pretty quickly. As you can imagine, when working at home, when you do need assistance it is pretty important. I would be very hesitant in recommending any of my friends to apply for a job with Williams-Sonoma. The employees, including team leads and supervisors, are all very nice. There's just a lack of support when it is truly needed.
Pros
work from home, no commute
Cons
no support
Full Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GA 30517November 18, 2016
Williams-Sonoma (Work from Home) has been a great opportunity. This job provided great training and support. It provides flexibility in work schedule.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Returns Auditor (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 18, 2016
I would refer anyone to work here at anytime. Great place to learn new things that will help you the rest of your life even if you don't retire here.
Great Place to work, very happy and energetic
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CANovember 17, 2016
Every morning if your early before your shift starts, you can enjoy your time in the break room, Clock in and turn on your assigned computer, and read email and depending the email you receive from preparing an order or put away orders that has been processed/
What i learn is that i learn to email back to sender and reply back properly and answer phone calls, and put away items to there designated location, The management is well organize and my co workers are exciting,fun, tons of energy, well mannered polite, respectful understanding,
The hardest is none and I enjoy the most is that twice a year theirs an event that the company challenges other company's for good cost
and also the company has this outlet that the company sells item for very low price.
Pros
Lunch, sales, Bonus, respects
Cons
clock in
Very Flexible
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
Williams-Sonoma is a great place to work if already have a job, and you are looking for a side gig. The pay is nice, but if you are looking for a full time 8 hours a day position this isnt the job for you.
Fun place to work your in charge of your own work area
Driver/furniture builder (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work a lot of responsibility and fun while doing so .the furniture is very well made so you expect the delivery to be the same . Just not that much down time at home w friends and family
Pros
Free meals rebursied and free hotels
Cons
Being away from home alot
Typical day
Customer Service Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible to go through emails to make sure there are any updates on system issues the night before, credits cards not being able to process, orders not being filled because of a glitch in the system. Also any emails pertaining to any website issues. After the emails I begin to take calls from the associate and answer any questions they may have for the customer. I will also take calls from the associate if the customer has escalated. Later in the afternoon I will go through the my emails answer any question the customer has sent me and and check my voicemail and do call backs.
Cons
Not enough information on issues. Pay rate
productive and fun place to work. its a very friendly enviroment and they really care about their employees.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 3, 2016
Theirs a daily routine everyday. Very friendly environment . people care about their job and very easy training. It is very useful. Everyone is willing to help to get the job done. Working there you will be happy to attend work everyday.
love the work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2016
I would take call for customers wanting to place an order, or need help with and existing order. I learned so much at William-Sonoma on how to work two systems at a time. My co-workers were very nice everyone ones was there to help each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
they really love their workers
Cons
short break times
A very productive place to work
Monogrammer (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 30, 2016
William-Sonoma is a great company, there are very little advancements in this job. Once you are in one position for ten years it seems your stuck there ten more.
Pros
free give aways
Cons
short lunch ans breaks and too many long hours
Great Pay, Somewhat unprofessional
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2016
although the pay was great at times certain team leaders and management would often show favoritism to those who in my opinion were just brown nosing and looked past the actually hard workers
Pros
great pay
Cons
somewhat unsympathetic management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.