Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
Packer, gift wrapper, lead (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 16, 2016
Its a nice place to work but so hot. I love my job but the people can be a headache. management is good. they interact with the employees and sometimes help us.
Pros
free luches
Cons
short breaks
Love the Work Atmoshphere
Visual Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2016
All staff members are welcoming and positive. Generally positive attitude everywhere you go when working for Williams Sonoma. A typical day at work includes everyday tasks and of course whatever the day brings and every day can be exciting. Working for the visual team and the Stock team is fun for me because I get to learn the hundreds of different products we have from the stock team while also traveling and working on the visual team.
Pros
Free Lunches, Awesome Staff, Supportive Atmosphere
Cons
Traveling alot
I appreciated the opportunity to purchase at a discount & annual new product seminars. I won lots of great gifts.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2016
a full day of answering inbound calls for rental of automobiles;
lots of computer usage;
did not like having to change supervisors every 2 months
mostly easy to work with - no time to socialize
I answered over 200 call per day which got old after 2 years. When i tried to advance out the call center was not given cooperation from supervisor.
The most enjoyable part was assisting celebrities
Pros
the salary was adequate
Cons
no chance for advancement
Temporary Position
Seasonal Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2016
It was fun while it lasted! I enjoyed the coworkers and the work atmosphere. I wish it was a permanent position. Most days were very busy because of the holiday season
fun place to work,
Culinary Expert (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 4, 2016
Although you spend the majority of your time on your feet, it is a great place to work and you work is appreciated by management
Wonderful Place to work!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
People there were very nice, you didnt have a supervisor looking over you at all times. They trusted us with decision making and it made my job easier. I enjoyed the customers and solving thier issues. Great discounts, great benefits. The hardest part of the job was sometimes an angry customer but i looked at is as a challenge and I never ended a call badly. Very team oriented and they make work fun.
Pros
free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and water.
Cons
the communications systems arent allways correct.
Great company
Assistant Store Manager-Flagship Store (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 27, 2016
Very innovative company. Very well respected brand with a reputation for providing quality products for its elite clientele.
Pros
discounts
friendly loud environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 25, 2016
packing and material handling jobs are easy. As far as a typical day at work goes, its nice and fast paced. Once you get the hang of your duties, its not hard at all.
A nice place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2016
However maintaining the store can be hard during the holidays, due to the amount of volume coming into the store. If you are looking for comparable pay, its ok for part-time, but can't live on it to maintain a home. I love the store and the product, its great for part-time work and discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
hardwork during the holidays
Lacks clear vision and ability to change
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 21, 2016
If you claim to be a professional you would not work with this organization. The lack of training in the field is a direct correlation of a feckless corporate management team.
There is little respect for the loyal senior associates that still embrace the rules & regulations of their former executive leaders.
Pros
The senior staff
Cons
unable to retain top tier talent, no organization, no training, antiquated systems- poor budget allocations, failing business for the past 2 yrs
Fast Pace Environment.
Pacer Driver (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 20, 2016
I myself didn't see William Sonoma how other might of because the time I was there it was a mess as in the Company was deciding if it was going to go Union or stay as is.

I enjoyed working there and being in a fast pace environment. Also getting to know the co workers they were very helpful.
Great company/they work hard at producing fun contests
Sales, Service, E-Commerce & Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
Learned a lot about the company over my tenure there, moving around to various departments to get the big picture of how and why things are done the way they are. The more you understand, the better you can do your job. Great co-workers and team players, especially miss my Business Sales associates and some of the clients I worked with.
Pros
Flexible hours, given the tools to help the customers, offer contests for performance
Cons
Mediocare pay
The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXApril 18, 2016
The most challenging part of this job was to become permanent from contractor .There was 3 months training with no time off, no sick time, Performance was monitored based on point system, meaning 3 strike and you are out of the program.
William Sonoma hired batch of 48 people and I was one of the person who made the cut to be hired permanent employee.
Pros
Cons
No time off, Point base
job decription
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2016
trained to accommodate customers with full satisfaction
after training, policies were changed and customers were not satisfied anymore. very unhappy customers throughout the day and a supervisor was never available.
Pros
seasonal
Just a Temp Job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 15, 2016
Typical day is long and physical. I learned that it is important to pace yourself and eat a big meal. Management was lenient. Co-workers are focused on selves. Hardest part of job is enduring physical long hours.
Cons
Physical
Warm environment and caring staff
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2016
Williams-Sonoma has some of the nicest people on staff I've ever met. I'd help as much as possible around the back room and on the sales floor when needed, and they never asked too much. Everyone supported one another; my supervisors were out on the floor just as much as I was.
The most difficult part of this job is learning the back room environment. There's a LOT of stuff back there, and it takes a while to get your bearings.
But everyone's warm and helpful, always appreciative of your help. It's one of the most rewarding job experiences someone could have in part-time work.
Pros
Flexible schedules, snacks provided
Cons
Challenging first adjustment
Good Values, Not So Certain Future
Assistant Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2016
Williams Sonoma Inc has a rich history and a reputation for good quality. The thing that keeps me attached are the people I work with and the team that has stuck through many hardships over the past few years. An incredible group of people all with many talents and skills help make my career with William Sonoma what it is.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement
Wonderful work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
Great product, which made it easy to sell. Wonderful co-workers. Good reputation within the furniture industry. Beautiful catalogs helped with sales.
Fun atmosphere! Would've loved to have gone further within the company!
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALApril 4, 2016
Fun atmosphere and lots of great added benefits. Only con would be the hesitation to promote from within the company. Would've loved to have gone further up in the company if cutbacks weren't necessary.
Pros
Fun atmosphere! Great benefits!
Cons
Hesitation to promote from within.
Great Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2016
Great place to work I love how friendly people are. This is a good job for those who love to cook. Also, the holiday season make it very comforting to be around people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.