Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable and easy company to work for.
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Low Hours
Great company to work for, opportunities to move up within the company readily available. Great pay for hourly employees as well.
Like any other retailer, low pay, long hours
Store Manager I District Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Forest, IL.May 26, 2015
The one positive about working for Williams Sonoma was flexibility. The pay was very minimal, and the expectation was to work long hours and holidays / weekends.
fun place to work only 36 hours though
Fabrication (Current Employee), Claremont, NCMay 26, 2015
a typical day at work was being very productive but still being safe working plenty of overtime learning something new daily management was great they kept an open door policy my co-workers were very caring about their jobs and what went on around them the hardest part of my job was the heat in which we had an oven used to bond the finished product the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to travel to different parts of Florida for the company to grand openings to make sure our product was 100% on point
First Job
Operational Lead / Certified Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Williams-Sonoma was my first full time job. I learned different tasks within the company. I experienced leadership and productive within my peers. Williams-Sonoma was and still is a great place to work. I miss each and everyone.
williamsonma
Customer Service (Former Employee), the colony txMay 15, 2015
williamsonma was a great place to work , we had benefits , as well as the team treated each other as a family .
Loved the atmosphere
Productive and fun to work at, but some of the other workers werent as great to work with.
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice area, and good skills to have.
Cons: snooty co workers
Working at West Elm proved postive for the fact that I eventually want to be a REal Estate agent. I learned basics of staging and area to seem welcoming to the consumer.

The only downfall, many of the previous employees seemed to believe in a seniority factor that was to be untrue. The new-hires would contribute ideas, and they wouldnt be as perceptive as they would be if the contributer was seasoned.
Good people and great company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
I worked for Williams-Sonoma for 10 years. A typical day would include answering calls from customers both domestically and internationally in regards to their orders, or placing an order for a customer.

I learned how to be a team player, Also how to resolve a multitude of problems.
Learning experience
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2015
Coordinate the creation and communication of purchase orders for textile business. Further improved Excel skill as a professional tool. communicated across team in order to make sure decisions were executed in the most time efficient manner.
Serious company great place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Industry, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: All benefits included
Cons: nothing
It was a great place to work. I gained a lot of experienced. Great coworkers. Friendly environment. Great health insurance
Seasonal Employ
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 11, 2015
Helping customers out with any questions they may have for the items in the store. First time operating a register. Co workers were nice and cheerful.
retail store
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short lunches, No communitcation
Working with people on a daily basis and enjoying the company of my co-workers, the pay is not the best but the benefits are ok. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are very escalated, and not being able to make them happy.
productive outstanding the enviornment is wonderful
Prepper (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2015
This is the best job I've ever had the environment makes you want to go to work and make production. Its just so warming and caring you have no problems with any of your co workers.
A good place to work. I was behind the scenes.
Shipping and Receiving / Stockperson (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: learned their computer system which was a challenge
Cons: None to my knowledge
Just unloading trucks with merchandise and using scanner guns to tag with prices. The coworkers were fun and outgoing. Was their only part time.
ok
Furniture (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 19, 2015
It is an okay place to work and as with most jobs there are ups and downs and you have to roll with it. The director of the facility is great and I just wish that his energy was spread throughout the facility.
Fun workplace; VERY upbeat during holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace; great management
Cons: pay is basically minimum wage
Fun workplace and nice environment. If you like to do different things every workday this is the place. Everything has to be done in a timely manner which I didn't mind because the hours would pass by fast.
Call Center
Full Service Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NvApril 13, 2015
Williams-Sonoma,Inc. was a difficult company to work for. I did not feel as though we were trained well before they put us on the phones. I witnessed supervisors/leads belittling other associates in the company instant message system. I was hired to work from home but 24 hrs before I was supposed to start, they changed it and stated those of us hired needed to be working in the center. Customers were extremely rude and demeaning to us which made the job very unbearable.
I enjoyed coming to work everyday
west elm Graphic Designer/ E-marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2015
west elm was a great place to work. It offered an employee-first work environment with awesome management that supports your career goals and growth. Co-workers were like my best friends.
PRODUCTIVE
Quality Control Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2015
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE I WORKED HARD AND MEET A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE I WAS A QA FOR ABOUT A MONTH THEN I TRANSFERED TO THE SUPPLY CAGE WERE I HELPED THE SEWER WITH THREAD AND DIFF SUPPLIES
williams-sonoma
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
parent company to several brands. i.e pottery barn, pottery barn kids, pottery barn teen, west elm. and several online brand such as pottery barn dorm & williams-sonoma home. covering all home design needs.
Good job but unfair management
Auditor (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Helpful co-workers
Cons: Discrimination
I did heavy lifting everyday, and while doing so I learned to work very well with other co-workers. Some co-workers knit picked a lot and that's hard to deal with knowing that the manager won't put an end to it, but overall I enjoyed my job and the people I met.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Salaries