Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would not recommend working here
Merch processor (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This place by far is the worse place I have ever worked at. There is no leadership and management staff is horrible. Forcing us to work 10h hr days while management sits down and watch us work all day was my biggest pet peeve. If you didn't work the mandatory 10 hrs then you will get reprimanded. As far as safety goes...OSHA would shut the place down. There was trash all over the place blocking entrances and exits. I've brought this up to management and they seem to not have a problem with it. And to top it all off...I've only been here for 4 weeks!!
Never Ending support
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: great friends
Cons: no time to play
From day one its all about the customers and bottom line.
We strive to get the latest technology and hardware, lots of dateline and peak can be exited.
hardworking people with the ability to work together.
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Wilmington north CarolinaAugust 20, 2015
great place to work with an exceptional staff determined to achieve there goals.they also made the environment a great place to come into work every single day.
fun friendly environment
cutter (Former Employee), olive branc, msAugust 19, 2015
a typical work day would consist of getting things together for day to help make things run smoothly in the painting department.
interesting job with good information about products we sell
Sales associate responsible for sales (Current Employee), new yorkAugust 18, 2015
Pros: interesging merchandise and customers
Cons: stressful and too much work getting stock from basement storage area.
Too much concern about making the days figures and not enough attention to training the sales force. Can be stressful. Employees have to do stock work as well as sales. Lots of going up and down stairs to get merchandise for customers.

Other employees are fun and help each other out with the work load.
Excellent employer with great benefits.
General Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2015
Outstanding employer focused on putting people first and continually working to improve the work environment and its systems. Teamwork is essential and the company works to make sure it's people are happy!
I wouldnt recommend working at the distribution center
Data Warehousing Specialist Trainee (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks, unstable working conditions, unprofessional management
Its hot. The workers are rude. The managers are unprofessional. When I started my work schedule was from 5pm to 5am for three days on, two days off. Within A WEEK the schedule went from 1 mandatory day to 7 days mandatory. That's a mandatory 84 hours a week. Needless to say people were coming into work zombified, and half way able to do their jobs which gave Williams-Sonoma the greenlight to fire a lot of people. They also fired people for calling into work although requiring their workers to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. I survive off of the good graces of coffee alone. The company only provides a few fans, and half the time you'd have to get there extremely early to snag one, or be prepared to fight someone for it. People are passing out every few days in there. You also hear a lot of gossip and dirty talk around the warehouse, even by the leads. MOSTLY by the leads. There is no sitting. The floors are concrete, so be prepared for all of the issues that come along with joint shock.
Fun and exciting enviroment
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Williams-Sonoma on South Lake in Pasadena. I worked with a great team of people who were knowledgeable, fun and spirited. I met some amazing people from all other the world. I learned a great deal about customer service at Williams-Sonoma.
Good hours and a chance to secure finances
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Excessive hours
A typical work day at William-Sonoma is to pull orders and prepare orders for shipment. I learn how customers receive their products from time of processing to delivery. Management was a great group of individuals that knew what it take to get the job done. Excessive working hours was the hardest part, but achieving financial goals was well worth it.
Benefits are good. Poor Management. Poor Quality.
Lead Person/ Manager Sewing- Oversee Production (Current Employee), Claremont, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No life balance with poor management
Keeping all sewers busy with very little to give them. Work is slow. How to deal with poor management. No team work. Love my Co-workers. Very stressful. Too much drama. Love what I do. I came from very high end furniture and struggle daily with the quality. Worst quality in a piece of furniture that I have ever experienced.
The store and mall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Fun fast pace foody environment
Cons: Other managers
The District manager was great, helped me get a position closer to my home. The product was high class. The Westchester is a very very high end shopping experience.
fun and productive to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: all the overtime I want to get
Cons: it ends to quickly
On a typical day work I input information into the computer about the products.
I 've learned that its a simple task to do
The management staff are very liable for any concerns that I may have
I get alone very well with the co-workers
the hardest part of the job is that it is the easiest part to do
the most enjoyable part of the job is that it is a warm environment to work at
Great Work-life balance
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2015
Its a great place to work, great team, management is okay
limited growth opportunities.

Fun place to be at, in the heart of city.
Not enough pay
Cashier/Designer (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free samples, great discounts, great coworkers
Cons: No benefits, not enough hours, not enough salary
Your coworkers and managers are great! But you simply do not get paid enough and feels more like a place to pass time. They are constantly trying to cut pay roll while constantly hiring more people. Which means you'll never get full time benefits. There are sales goals, but no commission.
Variable work load makes each week of work different
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2015
Pros: People first organization
Cons: Seasonal work is extremely heavy during the winter holiday season
The work load is variable and can go up an down weekly. Holidays are not guaranteed time off. It can be a place where advancement is based on politics and not always on what you know. It is a place where you can find some great people to work with.
No benefits to employees
Holiday Temporary Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma City Call CenterAugust 9, 2015
Good environment, temp job with no benefits,
No chance of advancement, no job security
Mgmt works by the book, not employee influenced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work. I was temporary Christmas help. I was in Customer Service & Sales for national call center. Nice people great managers.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
• Versatile and mentally active
• Willing to learn new things and grow
• Passionate about acquiring a challenging yet rewarding career
• Great at Multi-tasking
• Perceptive at learning new material
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of company products and services
• Good Communication Skills
• Effectively communicates with customers, and fellow associates.
• Follow Company Procedures
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Proficient in MS Word, Word Perfect, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as the Internet
Productive, enjoyable work place, built in kitchen
Sales Associate,Cashier,Stocker,Customer Service (Former Employee), Baybrook Mall, Webster, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Check out system for products for employees to test products
Cons: A lot of merchandise, most of which was not available in store
The Williams Sonoma workplace was very relaxed and easy. While working there I learned a great deal about planning parties and providing tools for specific occasions. The management was always willing to take timeout of their day to help employees learn about new sales and products, and how to prepare for holidays. My co-workers, even though many of them were much older than me, were always friendly and helped whenever I didn't understand or if I needed someone with a more experienced point of view. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with seasonal products. They often were sent in several months before, and we didn't have storage for them, and they then went on sale the day after the holiday, and we had to keep them on the floor until they were sold.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working the cooking classes. I was able to use the products and machinery we had in store to teach and create dishes with customers. I was able to put together classes with guidance from other employees and my manager.
Overall, I really enjoyed working at Williams Sonoma, and I would work in another location in the Williams Sonoma chain in a heartbeat.
A great place to work.
weeder\cutter (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: You'll four days out of a week. Ten hours a day.
Cons: none
Employers are very nice there.
A typical day very fun.
Management is cool at the same time get the job done.
The work is not hard to learn.