Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

fun,productive, safe environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2016
great co-workers, very safe environment, awesome staff, you can learn alot from the employees that's been there. A wide range of opportunity to build you a career.
Poor Company to work for
Work at home Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2016
If you like to take complaints then by all means work at Williams-Sonoma. You will work from home and take very few orders but lots and lots of complaints. The management is very hard to reach if you have a problem and I found simply calling another work at home agent the best solution for any problem. Asking for days off is like requesting a pot of gold be delivered to your door. It was a very bad experience and I am glad I do not work for them anymore. Their computer is also antiquated and hard to work.
Good Job
Full Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAAugust 4, 2016
You can work from the center or at home. They have advancement opportunities. Good benefits and positive environment. They give you excellent training and you are in a relaxed work environment
Pros
great attendance policy
Cons
commuting to work
Productive and fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJuly 31, 2016
Great company great workplace advancement opportunities nice warehouse they keep their warehouse clean. They hire great employees friendly. Good clean forklifts
Poor company to work for
Work from Home Project Manager, Training/Dev (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 30, 2016
Unpredictable schedules, changes not communicated and priorities inconsistent mark the Williams Sonoma experience. The company does not provide the materials and technology required to even train new people, order systems are archaic i.e. "DOS screens" and "F-keys" and training facilities are not equipped with enough working computers to accommodate headcount in training classes.

Service agents are provided vacation and paid time off but it is rarely approved when a request is made to use it. Being approved or denied vacation or paid time off, no matter how far in advance it is requested, generally results in an answer one to two days ahead of the event; it is left in the hands of the scheduling department, not the supervisors. And, if you do request a few days off in a row, they will often grant one or two days, requiring you work a day, grant a day, require you work... making it impossible to take a five to seven day trip, for example.

Besides the employee experience, the customer experience is sketchy as well. Promotional codes for free shipping or discounts online frequently do not work. For example, service agents cannot apply a credit for a broken promo code until after a customer pays without it. A credit has to be issued the following day, which may or may not happen. And unless you have a lot of time to kill, never personalize an item. More often than not, it will be incorrect and your only option will be to replace it or get a merchandise card, only good for purchases at their brand.

Overall, this is the worse employment experience I have ever had.
Pros
Some co-workers very competent
Cons
Poor communication, archaic order methods and technology, inconsistent with processes and guidelines
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 30, 2016
My department was all about production. We had a goal that we were always to meet. We never did meet that goal cause we we didn't have the manpower. We were short staffed.
Pros
Worked 4 10s and had fri-sun off
Cons
One break and lunch
Productive Place
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2016
A typical day would be coming in processing orders all day the hardest part of the job was maybe standing a long period of time.
Pros
Lunch Trucks daily.
Cons
Short breaks
flexible hours
Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
I worked during the holiday season in the stockroom at williams-sonoma which meant I was able to learn about the cookwares we sold. Also I was able to help customers find gifts for their loved ones. It was very interesting at times to hear from customers about what they are looking for and why
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal employment
Great place overall
Customer Service Representative, Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. You receive adequate training, everyone is always willing to help you succeed, and the advancement opportunities are beyond plentiful.
Pros
Advancement opportunities were plentiful
Cons
A few
I enjoyed the job overrall, but i did not agree with some of the mangement techniques to insure quality service.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 18, 2016
typical day consisted of impossible goals to reach,, unbearable work conditions, and mismanagement. co workers were typically ok, but mainly a younger class of employees. Hardest part was attempting to follow the directives of more than one person, and the extreme heat.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
short breaks, long shifts
productive
Gift Wrapper and packer (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 16, 2016
Its a fun place to work. The lead people are real cool. U get all your hours. The people are friendly and very helpful.
Productive and fun place to work for
Warehouse Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 13, 2016
I love working at williams sonoma as an administrator assistant it was a very easy job to do as far as making sure all the orders got out in time as well helping in other departments when needed.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
short breaks
Huge corporation with corporation goals
Manger (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2016
This company is all about people, the dividend holders. Employees are replaceable and non important. Bottom line is how much can you do for them without asking for too much.
Pros
Big corporation
enjoyable
Picking/Packing/Order puller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
this was fun and enjoyable place to work , I not only had a good work experience , but I also had very helpful mentors to help me if I got stuck or need to find something
Pros
pleasent enviornment
Cons
nun
Disappointing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
do yourself a favor and apply elsewhere. This store is a mess. So stressful and unhappy, with a rude and ungrateful, high maintenance staff and management team.
Always provided professional development
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2016
Communicated with upper management monthly goals and ways to empower employee continuous improvement. Communicated and assisted first level investigations of escalation with diplomacy and accuracy.
Pros
Employee bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, small breakroom
Love William Sonama great atmmosphere
Quality Control Inspector and Packing (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2016
I love that place I worked in every area in William Sonoma. My supervisor was so awesome, such wonderful people so much I could say, I was always on the job at a timely manner. Never missed a day.
Steady pace, easy going
Painter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
The environment is wearhouse scenery
Employees are hard working
Management is encouraging and willing to teach you the proper procedures
Hours long (12-12) 4 days on 3 days off
Pros
Hour lunches and two fifteens
Productive and friendly workplace with great management...
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is smooth sailing, fun and productive. Coworkers are very down to earth and everyday you learn something new from one of the managers. The hardest part of the job is being able to have thorough knowledge of all merchandise and services. Most enjoyable part of the job is gaining experience and learning about things and having access to a lot of people with great knowledge.
Inconsistent supervisors
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
Supervisors switch teams regularly, and they each have very different procedures and personalities which makes it very difficult to follow company policies.
Pros
Merchandise discounts
Cons
Figuring out which lead or supervisor to comply with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.