Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

Excellent fun and friendly place to work!
E-Commerce Corporate Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly
I loved this job! Everyone (including management) was friendly, approachable, and willing to help. It was medium stress level, but you are provided with many tools to help you provide outstanding customer service. Great training, not just thrown in to it. I really grew professionally and emotionally during this job. I would recommend this company to – more... anyone! – less
A company that strives to please its customers.
Customer Support /Service - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2014
Williams-Sonoma is a wonderful company that goes more than a few extra steps to make its customers happy. My favorite part of the job is the data entry. The hardest is dealing with customers who are hard pressed to squeeze a drop of water from a rock, in essence disturbing the flow of calls of genuine customer service calls on a hunt to find a way to – more... receive maximum discounts or credits. My co workers are quite diverse. I enjoy what they provide to my work life. Management works hard to always assist in any and every way possible. – less
Stable company with forward thinking management
Technical Delivery Systems PMO Project Manager (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: working for a company that delivers some of the best home products available.
Cons: the bureaucracy and politics can hold back timely quality work.
Williams-Sonoma is a typical corporate retail environment with a fair amount of bureaucracy, politics and over lapping processes. But, it has definitely long since found it's customer and it's place in the market. It has very talented teams that are great to work for the most part.
I've learned an enormous amount about eCommerce there as well as infrastructure – more... management from a PMO PM position. The infrastructure that has been put in place to incorporate PCI, PCC and SDLC compliance is impressive.
The most difficult part about the position is that IT in general is always on call regardless of the post. When a SEV1 impacts revenue through the store channel, eComm channel or order channel, everything is dropped to restore service and then resolve the issue(s) to the work as designed work flow.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the people. While it's not always considered the number one priority, their "People First" ideology does come through. – less
Picker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: pay and hours
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my time here. The pay was good and the hours was also. I would love to work for this company again.
discounts
Customer Service (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: seasonal
management kept you up to date on everything
co workers were cool, just a young crowd
most enjoyable part of job was helping customer pick out merchandise
unsafe osha needs to make a visit or two
turret forklift (Former Employee), city of IndustryJuly 12, 2014
Went through an agency they made me wait 4 hours in the cafeteria before I started I complained about it 2hrs later was told go also witnessed an accident about to happen on my way out very unprofessional
Excellent - Visuals
Sales Associate, Visuals (Internship) (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: create visually pleasing store front windows and in-store displays
Cons: worked holidays and weekends
I was in charge of all the store fixtures and window displays. Followed plano-grams, monthly and seasonal changes with new merchandise. Example: holiday product and appliances.In charge of keeping shelves well stocked.
Productive and a wonderful workplaace
Team Leader and Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: giveaways
Cons: short breaks
Love my job.......a typical day at this job is exciting, because you never know what's the next new item/s are until you actually look at them for yourself, instead of a catalog. I learned different types of jobs throughout the warehouse. My co-workers were very nice and helpful, always work like a team.
Terrible place to work........I would not recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2014
Pros: discount which is what you would normally pay somewhere else.
Cons: over worked. supervisors do not want to help
The worst job I have ever had. This company does not care about their employees. They make it harder and harder. Very stressful because the company does not know what they are doing. Lots of mistakes made other departments, not to mention over priced product with lots of flaws. Under paid and overworked!!
productive and safe work enviroment and very professional
Stock Room Associate (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 4, 2014
Pros: very professional work enviroment
Cons: part time job
a typical day at work would be arriving on time for my shift, reporting to the manager to get an update on the duties for the day which typicaly are auditing inventory, receiving inventory, stock checks ect.
I have learned the effective management and auditing of inventory and the responsible and efficient repting of results acquired in the process.
Fun Workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
This job was extremely enjoyable, i cherished every moment of it. The team members where extremely nice and i was well respected.
A position where my financial background and/or office administrative talents will be of value.
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2014
Managed new products sales for four separate catalogs in a busy call center environment.
Great job but it was a temp job
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2014
Pros: climate controlled, friendly atmosphere, stress free
Cons: far drive, pay was just ok, it was only temp
At this job I could work at my own pace doing all that was required of me and then some, and I was still ahead of the day.
I learned quality control, how to do my job which consisted of taking pictures of stock, measurements, data entry
My co-workers were great and also I enjoyed the management.
Hardest part of the job was physically demanding but it – more... really wasn't a problem for me, and it was a far drive.
Most enjoyable part of the job was climate controlled, friendly atmosphere, and I was good at my job. I really would have liked to stay there, but only temp was available. – less
Top heavy and deceitful manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FL at Gulfstream ParkJune 27, 2014
Pros: nice merchandise
Cons: top heavy, dishonest management, disorganized store.
This store is not a good place to work. They have like 5 managers and 3 part-time sales associates. I was lied to by the store manager who told me that I had to work as a stock boy as well. I didn't sign up for that. Management is cliquey and shady. It's a nice store though and a couple of the managers are cool but not the top guy. Avoid at all costs.
seasonal
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 26, 2014
the job was only seasonal but it was a good experience. management encourage you to do good work.
Opportunity to advance.
Delivery Quality Team Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2014
A lot of work. Learned negotiating is part of corporate world. Management have a lot on their plate. Co-workers friendly. Hardest- navigating gray areas in policies. Enjoyable- saving company money and helping customers.
busy at all times
Laser Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
Learned to operated machine
worked hard the whole eight to ten hours
Work was like a second home to me
Customer Service Representative - Southwest Branch (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, knowing staff for a long time, many years with company
Cons: not getting much of a pay increase after being there for almost a decade
Have had over 8 years of high-end retail experience,primarily in stock and warehouse functions. Work was always a new exiting challenge for me everyday! Met exiting people from all different cultures. I had to articulate and be persuasive in dealing with all levels of management of my fellow co workers who I had no problems getting along with. We are – more... a team. Highly enjoyed customer service and helping people.Most Enjoyable part of my job, was something I am extremely precise with.Having an eye for attention to detail, in organization and setting goals to improving efficiency of everyday work functions! Hardest part (Although it was not hard to me) was the the labor of warehouse work. I actually enjoy hard labor. I am very fit and capable of working hard! – less
A Day at my Work
Sales Associate, Visual Cordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: no room for advancement in the company by bringing new mangers from other brands.
A great place if you are looking for part time work, after four years working and learning great product information and great customer service to my clients.
I have been in top sales of my region and elected catch the spirit award for my company four times and top sales at William Sonoma.
I enjoy working with my management team and fellow employees, – more... the hardest part is not enough hours in the day to complete my great customer service to my clients. – less
Great company to work with.I love gourmet cooking and great kitchen innovations and gadget but I'm looking to expanding my horizons by being a part of
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), NYC, NYJune 7, 2014
Pros: great insurance coverage
Great customers and co-workers. I learned that it's better to err in favor of the customer. In the end, you made their day and you'll be their hero.
Time management is the essence and delegation is an asset to making things get done. Cooperation and team work is also imperative. Clear and direct communication clears away doubts.
No job is hard if you – more... communicate expectations and consequences from the start.
Love and relish dealing with an array of customers everyday. Every day is a new day! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more