Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun work place
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2017
loved the environment great people to work with and also great hours ,very busy environment .The managers was very helpful the best thing that I liked about working there was that everyone was very helpful with one another ..
Find some work and stay busy mentality
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Once peak season hits, you can make a decent check if you are highly motivated. Downside is that there's isn't a strong sense of management leaving a lot of people clueless about there position causing a high turn over and damaged items.
Pros
Dress casual and allowed to keep cellphone
Cons
Lack of management
Great Mission and values of customer service
Customer Service Rep (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2017
Great company values and dedication of customer service excellence. Gave power to reps to make decisions to provide accommodations and resolution. Culture was positive.
Worth the hard work
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 21, 2017
I loved working at William Sonoma because they taught me a lot of what I know today. I love my coworkers any managers. Everyday there was a great day.
Corporate Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mashpee, MAJanuary 21, 2017
Overwhelming at first but has excellent policies that support both customer and employee ie returns, catalog shopping, sanitation. High quality products so no qualms about what one is selling.
Pros
Steep learning curve
Cons
New hires stand the chance of being inadequately trained.
productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  njJanuary 21, 2017
this is a great business but not a safe place to work
Cool to work as team
still in construction
need better management
working long hours
Prepper
Prepper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
This job wasn't had and I worked it pretty good, the people were easy to get along. My only problem was the mangers there really didn't know to much about the job they were doing.
Enjoyable
Senior Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I love what I do and that I am able to work from the comfort of my own home. I come to work daily with an attitude that I am going to assist as many customers as I can without them getting upset about an error with an order.
Plethora of home items to learn about
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 17, 2017
This is a colorful part time job. If a person is interested about learning home items and visuals this is a great place to begin. The co-workers are typically easy to work with and interesting.
Full service Associate
Full Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Its was a great company to work for. The team and processes behind the company are what makes the company a successful one. It was a joy to be apart of Williams Sonoma Inc.
Versitile place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Fair to all employees, with an amazing open-door policy.
Seasonal employment with full training, to resolve all calls and all matters in a one call solution.
Great customers and Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Poor ability to give notice of information. Though it was stated employment can be terminated at any moment. Was let go within 5 minutes of notification; was told you are let go and everything was locked out. No room to stay on in the environment even with great metrics. Overall easy job, great customers and good direct leadership. Poor management by corporate side which leads to bad relations with employees. Decent pay and no benefits if your not lucky enough to be full-time.
Pros
decent pay, good direct leadership, great customers
Cons
poor communication to employees, immediate termination, no progression of future.
5 Stars
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  340 middlesex center BLVDJanuary 16, 2017
I would highly recommend working for Williams Sonoma. Competitive pay with opportunity for advancement within the company. Thriving industry, great leadership from our management.
fun enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2017
great managers. co-workers are easy to get along with. i enjoy working at at williams sonoma because i love cooking a baking. i able to put what i love to do which is being in the kitchen and trying new receipes and using and gaining knowledge on the kitchen tools
Best company I've ever worked for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I am very happy to be here. However the future of my position is unclear. My managers are unable to give me any details regarding my future with the company. Makes it difficult for me to learn without feeling like any day they can let me go. I am hopeful that I will be able to stay, but there isn't much transparency.
Pros
Great Pay, professional environment, flexible hours, great staff
Cons
Managers seem to have no clue what to do with their brands or staff
Fun and Productive place to Work
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Work days are simple. Selling High end kitchen gadgets was a nice change to my experience. This is a great place to work with great discount. If you love to cook and talk about cooking, you will enjoy this job.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
Not enough hours
Job is excellent for college student are someone wanting to get out fast food industry. Very easy to get hired.
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Job is for someone starting in the workforce wanting to gain experience in customer service in a call center environment. Pay is 11.00 hr. can move to furniture department and make a dollar more. Lots more work and responsibilities for additional dollar.
Pros
Most satisfying thing about working with company is being able to work from home and flexablilty
Cons
Texas call center does not offer any real career advancement due to limited postions. .
Assistant Manager Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Great work environment and selling/learning techniques and experiences. Corporate could utilize consulting in order to improve processes and run operations more efficiently for customers, internally and externally.
Working environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJanuary 13, 2017
I liked working for the experience I gain great work experience and enjoyed the people I worked with. The culture of the company was very overwhelming at first but I quickly adjusted.
Cons
Stressful work environment
It was wonderful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2017
People are nice and it was a good working environment. The employee discount is aslo good . Their flexible with your hours and the manger is a great guy .
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.