Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

It is furniture company, it is good
IT Manager, IT technical Leader, IT support (Former Employee), Binh Duong ProvinceJuly 23, 2014
Pros: have lunch time with co-workers
Cons: enjoy coffee, benefit like new year gift
- Build up server room.
- Learn to control vendor, suppliers.
- Manage myself, timeline, plan to follow up the project deadline.
- Build up sever room alone.
- Go to some factory to troubleshoot.
discounts
Customer Service (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: seasonal
management kept you up to date on everything
co workers were cool, just a young crowd
most enjoyable part of job was helping customer pick out merchandise
unsafe osha needs to make a visit or two
turret forklift (Former Employee), city of IndustryJuly 12, 2014
Went through an agency they made me wait 4 hours in the cafeteria before I started I complained about it 2hrs later was told go also witnessed an accident about to happen on my way out very unprofessional
Excellent - Visuals
Sales Associate, Visuals (Internship) (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: create visually pleasing store front windows and in-store displays
Cons: worked holidays and weekends
I was in charge of all the store fixtures and window displays. Followed plano-grams, monthly and seasonal changes with new merchandise. Example: holiday product and appliances.In charge of keeping shelves well stocked.
Productive and a wonderful workplaace
Team Leader and Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: giveaways
Cons: short breaks
Love my job.......a typical day at this job is exciting, because you never know what's the next new item/s are until you actually look at them for yourself, instead of a catalog. I learned different types of jobs throughout the warehouse. My co-workers were very nice and helpful, always work like a team.
Terrible place to work........I would not recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2014
Pros: discount which is what you would normally pay somewhere else.
Cons: over worked. supervisors do not want to help
The worst job I have ever had. This company does not care about their employees. They make it harder and harder. Very stressful because the company does not know what they are doing. Lots of mistakes made other departments, not to mention over priced product with lots of flaws. Under paid and overworked!!
productive and safe work enviroment and very professional
Stock Room Associate (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 4, 2014
Pros: very professional work enviroment
Cons: part time job
a typical day at work would be arriving on time for my shift, reporting to the manager to get an update on the duties for the day which typicaly are auditing inventory, receiving inventory, stock checks ect.
I have learned the effective management and auditing of inventory and the responsible and efficient repting of results acquired in the process.
Fun Workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
This job was extremely enjoyable, i cherished every moment of it. The team members where extremely nice and i was well respected.
A position where my financial background and/or office administrative talents will be of value.
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2014
Managed new products sales for four separate catalogs in a busy call center environment.
Great job but it was a temp job
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2014
Pros: climate controlled, friendly atmosphere, stress free
Cons: far drive, pay was just ok, it was only temp
At this job I could work at my own pace doing all that was required of me and then some, and I was still ahead of the day.
I learned quality control, how to do my job which consisted of taking pictures of stock, measurements, data entry
My co-workers were great and also I enjoyed the management.
Hardest part of the job was physically demanding but it – more... really wasn't a problem for me, and it was a far drive.
Most enjoyable part of the job was climate controlled, friendly atmosphere, and I was good at my job. I really would have liked to stay there, but only temp was available. – less
Top heavy and deceitful manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FL at Gulfstream ParkJune 27, 2014
Pros: nice merchandise
Cons: top heavy, dishonest management, disorganized store.
This store is not a good place to work. They have like 5 managers and 3 part-time sales associates. I was lied to by the store manager who told me that I had to work as a stock boy as well. I didn't sign up for that. Management is cliquey and shady. It's a nice store though and a couple of the managers are cool but not the top guy. Avoid at all costs.
seasonal
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 26, 2014
the job was only seasonal but it was a good experience. management encourage you to do good work.
Opportunity to advance.
Delivery Quality Team Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2014
A lot of work. Learned negotiating is part of corporate world. Management have a lot on their plate. Co-workers friendly. Hardest- navigating gray areas in policies. Enjoyable- saving company money and helping customers.
busy at all times
Laser Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
Learned to operated machine
worked hard the whole eight to ten hours
Work was like a second home to me
Customer Service Representative - Southwest Branch (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, knowing staff for a long time, many years with company
Cons: not getting much of a pay increase after being there for almost a decade
Have had over 8 years of high-end retail experience,primarily in stock and warehouse functions. Work was always a new exiting challenge for me everyday! Met exiting people from all different cultures. I had to articulate and be persuasive in dealing with all levels of management of my fellow co workers who I had no problems getting along with. We are – more... a team. Highly enjoyed customer service and helping people.Most Enjoyable part of my job, was something I am extremely precise with.Having an eye for attention to detail, in organization and setting goals to improving efficiency of everyday work functions! Hardest part (Although it was not hard to me) was the the labor of warehouse work. I actually enjoy hard labor. I am very fit and capable of working hard! – less
A Day at my Work
Sales Associate, Visual Cordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: no room for advancement in the company by bringing new mangers from other brands.
A great place if you are looking for part time work, after four years working and learning great product information and great customer service to my clients.
I have been in top sales of my region and elected catch the spirit award for my company four times and top sales at William Sonoma.
I enjoy working with my management team and fellow employees, – more... the hardest part is not enough hours in the day to complete my great customer service to my clients. – less
Great company to work with.I love gourmet cooking and great kitchen innovations and gadget but I'm looking to expanding my horizons by being a part of
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), NYC, NYJune 7, 2014
Pros: great insurance coverage
Great customers and co-workers. I learned that it's better to err in favor of the customer. In the end, you made their day and you'll be their hero.
Time management is the essence and delegation is an asset to making things get done. Cooperation and team work is also imperative. Clear and direct communication clears away doubts.
No job is hard if you – more... communicate expectations and consequences from the start.
Love and relish dealing with an array of customers everyday. Every day is a new day! – less
Excellent company to work for because they have so many company benefits.
Customer Service - Complaints and Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2014
Pros: training, work schedule versatility and incentives
Cons: long periods of sitting in one place
One of the best things about working for Williams Sonoma is the versatile work schedules available. In addition, Williams and Sonoma trains their Customer Service Reps. in all aspects of the job requirements. Pair this with bonus incentives; and, you have a comfortable and fun work atmosphere. On a typical day, I fielded and average of 75+ customer – more... service calls in the complaint department. I exchanged returned merchandise quickly and efficiently; set times for returned items to be picked up by Fedex or UPS; and, informed customers about sales and promotions. – less
Fun place to work if this is a part time job.
Coordinator (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 5, 2014
This job is unlike any other retailer I know. This isn't for someone who likes to stand behind the cash register. Instead, you are required to lift heavy things and move them around the store. Other than that, it can be a fun place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Auditor / Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 4, 2014
Pros: health care, vacation time, sick time, 401k, merchandise perks
Cons: pay top out
A typical day at work consisted of daily inventory, Safety meetings, Driving a fork lift, creating excel spreadsheets for management. I learned how to be a professional in a corporate world and not to be afraid of anything that comes my way. Management would encourage associates to apply for job postings and to be cross trained for every position possible. – more... My co-workers were eager and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new and exciting things. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more