Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

great work place great company the people of the company provide a wonderful opportunity to advance
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 23, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: the work week are short
well managed, great corporate culture,upper management listens to those in the stores,fair treatment of employees,tools are given to do the job correctly without the red-tape.
Very good company to work for.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Corporate culture
Cons: upward mobility exists but can be slow due to little turnover
Well-managed, great corporate culture, upper management listens to those in the stores, fair treatment of employees, tools are given to do the job correctly without red-tape.
Productive and Fun place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJune 20, 2015
A typical day at work was cool. I learned some important skills that i can take on to my next job. My co-workers were very respectful and always came prepared to work. The hardest part of the job was the long days where it was a lot of work to put out.
Fast paste work enviroment with plenty of room for growth
Customer Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2015
Pros: company games and activities
A typical day of work consist of taking multiple inbound and some out bound calls, assisting customers with : orders, returns, billing issues, retention and escalated customers. I learned at Williams Sonoma that the on line retail world is not for everyone and there is no reasoning with some people when they are upsets things didn't go as they planned. I also learned that my skin has grown very tuff and thick during my time at Williams Sonoma. Management is great everyone is friendly and really puts forth an effort to make sure everyone is on the same page and comfortable in there job position. My co-workers are awesome everyone speaks to one another and are always willing to help out a fellow team member. The hardest part of the job is listening to a customer scream and curse in your ear about something completely out of your control, and not having access to the information or resources they desperately need or want at the time to resolve the issue at hand with out a supervisor or manager approval, when none of them are available or all are in a meeting at the same time it can make the job pretty frustrating at times self control is a must have in situations like those. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to work from the comfort of my home.
Fast paced, performance driven environment, but they make it a fun place to work.
Floor Catalog Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2015
Pros: WS provides many tools to their employees to assist the sales/service associate, This empowers to help the customers, avoiding escalations and providing satisfactory resolutions
Cons: Performance driven and evaluated every day. Sometimes very repetitive information.
Many different training,coaching, ecommerce support and other feedback to team of associates by facilitating productive team meetings, one-on-ones and side by sides.
I learned not only to supervise and manage but to service others by proactively supporting them with needed tools to perform at high levels. The team of managers, supervisors and associates collaborate in a team effort to get things done;while having fun and enjoying the work. The hardest part of the job was to leave, to pursue my own business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the strong work ethic and amazing customer service Williams-Sonoma provides to the internal and external customers every day. Open or Closed call center when scheduled. Adapted and flexible to change at moments notice.
William-Sonoma is a very diverse company and a great place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSJune 6, 2015
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: could use more overtime hours
The management at William-Sonoma are great at preparing its employees to provide excellent service and products to its clients. A typical work day starts with warm-up exercise and motivation so employees will do their best.
Multi tasking and having patience to work is the key.
Full Service Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2015
Pros: Snacks and Coffee
Cons: 3 min punch in time limit before considered tardy.
Learned money management and telecommunications and how to do billing. Great learning experience. Training for the full service position very in debt learning for six weeks course.
Established and stable company
Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Financially stable with international growth plans
Cons: Heirarchical management slows down decision making and implementation
A large organization with a pleasant work environment. Most employees seem to have achieved a good work/life balance.
Great People, great location great experience
Contract Web Production Artist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2015
Apart from some personal turmoil that I was dealing with (nothing to do with WS), my time at Williams-Sonoma was very gratifying and educational.
Enforce equal opportunity for employees and increase the pay
current employee (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2015
Pros: Health benefits, great co-workers, and business casual
Cons: A select group of Management with unethical work practices and clear labor violation issues.
If Williams-Sonoma, Inc. paid their employees a better salary range and enforced equal opportunity for all employees they would not suffer the attrition rate that they are dealing with. They need to "clean house" and get rid of these managers that have unethical work habits with some clear labor violation issues. These changes would make this company the best place to work in Las Vegas.
Needs Improvement
Senior Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits, cool worker bees
Cons: Very little philanthropy as a company, high turn over rate, dysfunctional company culture
I think WSI could be a great company to work for if they hired more qualified and conscience people for upper management, respected their employees more and identified and exercised their values in giving.
Fun environment, fast paced and yummy
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Jacksonvile, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: fun environment, food demos
Cons: they will higher from outside the company for key management positions
A great place to work for the food lover! Fun environment with a people first approach to its' people. They believe that when you treat your people well, you get excellent service from them.
Very enjoyable and easy company to work for.
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Low Hours
Great company to work for, opportunities to move up within the company readily available. Great pay for hourly employees as well.
Like any other retailer, low pay, long hours
Store Manager I District Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Forest, IL.May 26, 2015
The one positive about working for Williams Sonoma was flexibility. The pay was very minimal, and the expectation was to work long hours and holidays / weekends.
fun place to work only 36 hours though
Fabrication (Current Employee), Claremont, NCMay 26, 2015
a typical day at work was being very productive but still being safe working plenty of overtime learning something new daily management was great they kept an open door policy my co-workers were very caring about their jobs and what went on around them the hardest part of my job was the heat in which we had an oven used to bond the finished product the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to travel to different parts of Florida for the company to grand openings to make sure our product was 100% on point
First Job
Operational Lead / Certified Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Williams-Sonoma was my first full time job. I learned different tasks within the company. I experienced leadership and productive within my peers. Williams-Sonoma was and still is a great place to work. I miss each and everyone.
williamsonma
Customer Service (Former Employee), the colony txMay 15, 2015
williamsonma was a great place to work , we had benefits , as well as the team treated each other as a family .
Loved the atmosphere
Productive and fun to work at, but some of the other workers werent as great to work with.
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice area, and good skills to have.
Cons: snooty co workers
Working at West Elm proved postive for the fact that I eventually want to be a REal Estate agent. I learned basics of staging and area to seem welcoming to the consumer.

The only downfall, many of the previous employees seemed to believe in a seniority factor that was to be untrue. The new-hires would contribute ideas, and they wouldnt be as perceptive as they would be if the contributer was seasoned.
Good people and great company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
I worked for Williams-Sonoma for 10 years. A typical day would include answering calls from customers both domestically and internationally in regards to their orders, or placing an order for a customer.

I learned how to be a team player, Also how to resolve a multitude of problems.
Learning experience
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2015
Coordinate the creation and communication of purchase orders for textile business. Further improved Excel skill as a professional tool. communicated across team in order to make sure decisions were executed in the most time efficient manner.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Salaries