Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great products, striving to help each customer
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2016
Inbound calls from Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Pottery Barn Kids.
Provide customers with information about products or services, took orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
Kept records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions that were taken.
Checked that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers problems.
Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
Made sure unresolved customer grievances were resolved.
Follow up with customers if necessary.
Pros
work from home
Great
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work.Plenty of overtime during peak season. Everyone minds their own business.Very friendly place to work.
Production
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2016
The work environment was great. Management wasn't good at all. You will have overtime at the end of the month. I love my co workers there.
I enjoyed work from home, and met a lot of nice customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
I felt I could've used more training, especially since our training was cut, and there was lots of times when help was scarce, I would tell the customer when I get the answer I would call them back, but alot of times there was no one available with the answer. Alot of calls were escalations, and we were forced to try and calm them, even the line for escalated calls would refuse to speak with a mad customer, so it was stressful around Christmas when the customer's Christmas presents didn't arrive, we had to do all the explaining.Also if you had 11 occurrences you were suppose to be let go, but I was kept on till after Christmas rush, even though I'd been had eleven occurrences(though some I didn't deserve and tried to dispute them with no success). So I was suspended then released 3 days later.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Occurrence system not fair, especially work from home, so many issues that can cause an occurrence, then you have to prove it.
Busy and fun
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2016
Its really not a bad place to work at. Alot of inbound calls and customers to take care of. Track shipping details and update orders
customer service
Full Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJanuary 25, 2016
No support from management at all. It felt as though we were given a binder and slapped on the butt to get to work. Told how to handle situations differently all the time, never consistent, never received any praise on a job well done. Customers request were hardly ever met. We were given only so many resources and when a customer absolute wanted to speak to a supervisor we were frowned upon if we actually sought out leadership help. Quality department seemed to only rate your bad calls. Felt like management was wanting you to fail as the end of the season approached. Worst part of the job, constantly having to apologize for not meeting expectations, for delayed products, cheap products, broken products, pushed back arrival dates, poor customer experiences. I hated working here, absolutely hated it, and stressed out every time I logged in. At the end of the day, I felt like I was physically thrown around and mentally demeaned. I would never work there again. I'm surprised if this company lasts another year.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Horrible management, no support
Good ol Boy
Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2016
Great company to work for if you are in the clique. They operate on a strict system of promoting friends. Not a good work life balance as the company has yet to manage capacity and workloads and staffing issues.
Pros
great culture, give to the employees
Cons
political
worst place ever
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 19, 2016
management was poor. work hours are ridiculous. pay is over rated. not a place i would want to go back to. In there i learned that rotating shifts are nothing but a headache. for such slow progress shift hours should not be on such a ridiculous rotation cycle.
Alright job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCJanuary 18, 2016
It is a good place to work for just looking for something different and closer to home. Very fast pace working environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long distance
not friendly
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
not able to talk how to talking to customers system not around when u need them coworkers ok sitting going home. it was not a good place to work management was not there to help when merchandise was late
Pros
breaks
Cons
1/2 lunch
Working with the upper 10% of our economy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2016
Placing orders for people who have browsed the internet and/or catalog for just the right piece to compliment their home, be it their kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or any other living area in their home.

I learned how to coordinate certain types of d├ęcor that I personally had never thought really mattered and have used this in my own home to create a much brighter atmosphere.

Management was not as available as I would have liked, but the one call resolution was open to give us more freedom to make this happen for the customer.

My coworkers were great, friendly an helpful and could rely on them if not able to find management for information.

The hardest part of my job was telling a customer that the item they were looking for was no longer available and trying to steer them to a different but similar product that would work just as well even when they had their heart set on a specific item.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having someone tell me thank you for the information provided and helping them select the right item they were looking for when they called in.
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 9, 2016
Really easy job. Good pay, great overtime. really good products. I worked here two summers in a row, wouldn't mind going back. Helped me save money for school.
Not likeable at all.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 7, 2016
Williams-Sonoma is a horrible place to work. They treat employees like slaves or as if they are in prison. The management is bossy and extremely careless.
Coworkers pleasant, management... less so.
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Let's start with this - I hate capitalism and the "customer is always right" social expectation we have. The customers are terrible - most of them being the very special type of over-privledged a-holes I really don't like. So there was that. Management wasn't the kindest to my department - they would go on the normal "we appreciate you and your hard work" shindigs, and then do things like juggle my team around 4 different supervisors in 3 months. It was terrible, and I could never rely on what was expected of me due to the constant change in supervisors. So there was that as well. Overall... Too stressful, and management did more to make things harder than actually helping us with doing out jobs.

Did I mention technology so outdated that we're still running on Java 6? Because that is a thing.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, terrible technology, even worse customers
Review
DC Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2015
Surrounded by good, genuine people. Normal ills of a publicly traded retail company. What you would expect for size and industry.
An okay work place!
Business Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2015
A day at work is undesirable, everyday is something new in customer service, you learn to keep a positive attitude no matter what the situation is, the hardest part of the job is telling customers there order was not coming until after Christmas, my co-workers where so much help when i didn't know certain information, the most enjoyable part of the job is the environment i worked in, such positive and outstanding customers i got to help.
Pros
Thanksgiving food was provided for the ones that worked on that day
Cons
I dont have any cons.
I would not recommend working here
stockroom employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2015
The hours were very unpredictable. During the Christmas season you practically live in the store, however the rest of the year you can go weeks without working a shift. The manager was horrible to work with however people have told me that she is no longer with the company.
Pros
lots of hours during christmas season
Cons
hostile work environment with hectic and unpredictable hours
Very friendly management but lots of room for improvement.
Email Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
I was a work from home representative. When the system worked fine I found it easy to do my job and assist the customers with their requests through email. There were many flaws in the operating system that kept getting me kicked off of the system while in the middle of an email or while researching an answer to the customers question. The moral of the company was usually high spirited, especially around Christmas time. There was lots of encouragement from management to fulfill our customers needs before Christmas. I got along with all of my coworkers as well, and still stay close to a lot of them after leaving Williams-Sonoma.
Pros
Lots of overtime offered before Christmas
Cons
A weak operating system that kept shutting down.
Good people, poor servicing
Seasonal Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXDecember 8, 2015
The people at the Call Center at The Colony, Tx, are really nice and helpful. Due to poor servicing the customers are mostly angry and unsatisfied. The idea of 'flex' schedule only means that the management can decide when or when not we will be working and it is not too flexible for the employee leaving no work/life balance.
Fun, fast paced environment focused on high end product and service.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with thoroughly. Met some wonderful people and learned so much about sales and merchandising. The dicount was great too.