Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

Good work environment
Full Service Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2014
This is a good place to work for high school age people. The pay and schedule is not convenient for a family oriented worker.
This job gave me experience in talking to people and being empathic with each situation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shafter, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: the workplace had great management.
Cons: there wasn't any cons about the job.
My review is based on what I learned and experienced while working at Williams Sonoma Inc.
Loved Williams- Sonoma
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: things the do for employees, training programs, pay for schooling, match 401k
Cons: i have no cons
Williams-Sonoma I LOVED the management staff, always doing thing for the employees, T-shirt,giftcards, different little contest to boost the productivity. The offered different training programs to ALL the employees. They sent me to New Horizon to learn Micro-Soft all the levels of word,excel,power point. They had different training programs of all – more... the supervisors and management. I learned so much there. They would match your 401k up to 8 0/0. – less
Great Place to work
Supervisor of Quality Control (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay / benefits
Cons: long days
Hard work
enjoyable
Management is great
Co-workers had fun
Long Hours
The People
overall a descent work place
Seasonal Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2014
Pros: laid backwork environment
Cons: point system
I hate that this job was only seasonal because I would love to continue working there
Stimulating and challenging workplace
Global IT Manager/ Program Manager - Store Systems (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2014
The management level here is very supportive and encouraging.
good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), oklahoma city okMarch 23, 2014
Typical day at work was helping customers return items that they did not want need or liked. I would have to also have to fix orders that were incorrect. Some days I would have to take orders for customers.
Fast paced environment
Recruiting Coordinator/HR Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work schedules
-High paced call center
-High turnover in call center
-Little training for call center reps
Little to no leadership under the supply chain LOB
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2014
Pros: direct report to upper management
Cons: long hours, no training, no leadership, unfavorable location
Would not recommend - at least on the supply chain LOB. No leadership and management.
Ton of overtime
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee), Industry, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: overtime was there whenever you need it.
Cons: favoritism and cliques at the distribution center
Okay job for Warehouse work. Plenty of overtime. As far as Warehouse work the pay is a little above the norm, but the raises are far in between and not good at all. There also biased on who they give the higher raises too. You have to stand out and connect with the "right people" in order for them to notice you. If you're a quiet person, but do great – more... work, you may still go un-noticed for your accomplishments. Also, they have there "cliques" if your in the right one you get away with a whole lot. And for some reason management turns a blind-eye to some of them (because the leads are in cliques too) That's a major downfall of this work environment. But overall its okay, because it paid the bills with all that OT. – less
Pretty Decent
ALS Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2014
Pretty decent place to work, though the pay could be better !
Excited to go to work each morning
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2014
Pros: management was very understandble
Cons: breaks every few hours
The diversity was average but everyone got along fine, the management was very lenient but mindful and fair also, very optimistic about working with others of different ethnicity groups, the most enjoyable moment is working with this company.
Love my job but seeking better opportunity
Email Response Team (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great health insurance, work from home
I answer customer service emails for Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, west elm and Mark and Graham. I am required to do 7.5 emails an hour but typically process 11 to 12. I have excellent benefits and get to work from home. I was a seasonal lead this past peak and learned a lot about call center management. This is the best – more... company I have worked for by far. – less
Very safe and Experienced Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work , i learned how to operate a rice machine . My co-workers where all great team members and was dedicated to get the job done everyday . The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done .
Never of Dull Moment
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 24, 2014
Keep you moving. Great team to be apart of. Knowledgeable associates willing to help everyone.
A very fun place to work at the holidays
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakbrook, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: standing on your feet all day
I was only hired for seasonal help but really enjoyed my time at Williams-Sonoma. The management did a great job and made working there a pleasure.
Fun work place, active and outgoing employees.
Customer Service Agent/Billing (Former Employee), Shafter, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Exciting about going to work everyday. The day usuallys goes by pretty fast, manager makes sure everyone is happy and comfortable. Hardest thing about the job nothing once you are use to workplace paste of work.
Help someone build a home
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work involves assisting customers find the perfect items to accent their home for every season.
Warehouse runner
Runner (Former Employee), City of Industry, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: you are nothing but a number to them
Horrible moral. TERRIBLE management. I missed 4 days while in the hospital and got fired for it
Fun and unusual environment for retail.
Assistant Manager/ Demo Chef/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful products and staff members with shared interests.
Cons: irregular hours.
I have always enjoyed cooking, so working for Williams-Sonoma was a treat. It was an atypical workplace in the retail sector because we dealt with food and cooking utensils. Most staff members worked for Williams-Sonoma because they loved the products, and that is a really positive environment in which to be.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more