Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
• Versatile and mentally active
• Willing to learn new things and grow
• Passionate about acquiring a challenging yet rewarding career
• Great at Multi-tasking
• Perceptive at learning new material
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of company products and services
• Good Communication Skills
• Effectively communicates with customers, and fellow associates.
• Follow Company Procedures
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Proficient in MS Word, Word Perfect, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as the Internet
Productive, enjoyable work place, built in kitchen
Sales Associate,Cashier,Stocker,Customer Service (Former Employee), Baybrook Mall, Webster, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Check out system for products for employees to test products
Cons: A lot of merchandise, most of which was not available in store
The Williams Sonoma workplace was very relaxed and easy. While working there I learned a great deal about planning parties and providing tools for specific occasions. The management was always willing to take timeout of their day to help employees learn about new sales and products, and how to prepare for holidays. My co-workers, even though many of them were much older than me, were always friendly and helped whenever I didn't understand or if I needed someone with a more experienced point of view. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with seasonal products. They often were sent in several months before, and we didn't have storage for them, and they then went on sale the day after the holiday, and we had to keep them on the floor until they were sold.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working the cooking classes. I was able to use the products and machinery we had in store to teach and create dishes with customers. I was able to put together classes with guidance from other employees and my manager.
Overall, I really enjoyed working at Williams Sonoma, and I would work in another location in the Williams Sonoma chain in a heartbeat.
A great place to work.
weeder\cutter (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: You'll four days out of a week. Ten hours a day.
Cons: none
Employers are very nice there.
A typical day very fun.
Management is cool at the same time get the job done.
The work is not hard to learn.
Nearby and there when I needed a job
Retail Sales Associate, Part Time (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Got alot of kitchen ware from winning sales contests
Cons: How about a thank you
New store, lots of activities and people. I developed the tabletop room and made it very successful. There was no opportunity for salary increases or benefits or growth. I did well, was very reliable and attended any trainings, etc. I was appalled at the lack of care for the merchandise and the stock room and the terrible attitude of some of the managers.
a excellent warehouse
Packer/Trainer (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Food truck
Cons: there are none
A day at work was interesting met new people everyday. It taught me a big responsibility. The management was pretty good the supervisor checked in on the factory daily. The co-workers were very polite and friendly. The hardest part of the job was packing big heavy stuff then trying to place the box on the line. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people making new friends.
it was a new experience
stock (Former Employee), garden city NYJuly 16, 2015
working at a store that has to do with household and cooking equipment has its ups and downs. my co workers were nice to be around and they taught me new things.
great place to work, very nice people
MERCHANDISE PROCESSOR (Former Employee), olive branchJuly 14, 2015
set hours, always had someone willing to help you, the hardest part was being hot and standing for long hours. not enough breaks. ship and scan postal packages
clothing warehouse
repack (Former Employee), south brunswick, NJJuly 13, 2015
picking, packing, inventory, repacking, put away, checking
clean work environment
friendly co workers
great management
good benefits and compensation
Fun place to work
Editor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2015
Pros: lots of employee activies
Cons: early start
Started on early shift at 5:00 AM. This allowed me to have time for life since I was off work at 1:30 pm.

My coworkers were the best, we always helped each other to succeed.

Management was always there for you.
GOOD COMPANY
Customer Service (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 9, 2015
TRAINING, RUNNING REPORTS, PULLING NUMBERS, QUALITY ASSURANCE, COACHING, ASSIGNING WORKLOADS, HOLDING MEETINGS, CREATING MANUALS, ASSIST WITH ESCALTED CALLS.
Delicious Atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 9, 2015
Pros: FOOD
I would help and customers with product knowledge on a daily basis as well help the managers with opening and closing duties. I have learned excellent customer service skills as well as how to multi-task efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the food made there on a daily basis.
CSR/Sales
CSR/Sales/Furniture Specialist (Former Employee), The Colony, TXJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc
great place to go to work, I was happy everyday when I walked in because I worked with a great group of people
great work place great company the people of the company provide a wonderful opportunity to advance
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 23, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: the work week are short
well managed, great corporate culture,upper management listens to those in the stores,fair treatment of employees,tools are given to do the job correctly without the red-tape.
Very good company to work for.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Corporate culture
Cons: upward mobility exists but can be slow due to little turnover
Well-managed, great corporate culture, upper management listens to those in the stores, fair treatment of employees, tools are given to do the job correctly without red-tape.
Productive and Fun place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJune 20, 2015
A typical day at work was cool. I learned some important skills that i can take on to my next job. My co-workers were very respectful and always came prepared to work. The hardest part of the job was the long days where it was a lot of work to put out.
Fast paste work enviroment with plenty of room for growth
Customer Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2015
Pros: company games and activities
A typical day of work consist of taking multiple inbound and some out bound calls, assisting customers with : orders, returns, billing issues, retention and escalated customers. I learned at Williams Sonoma that the on line retail world is not for everyone and there is no reasoning with some people when they are upsets things didn't go as they planned. I also learned that my skin has grown very tuff and thick during my time at Williams Sonoma. Management is great everyone is friendly and really puts forth an effort to make sure everyone is on the same page and comfortable in there job position. My co-workers are awesome everyone speaks to one another and are always willing to help out a fellow team member. The hardest part of the job is listening to a customer scream and curse in your ear about something completely out of your control, and not having access to the information or resources they desperately need or want at the time to resolve the issue at hand with out a supervisor or manager approval, when none of them are available or all are in a meeting at the same time it can make the job pretty frustrating at times self control is a must have in situations like those. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to work from the comfort of my home.
Fast paced, performance driven environment, but they make it a fun place to work.
Floor Catalog Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2015
Pros: WS provides many tools to their employees to assist the sales/service associate, This empowers to help the customers, avoiding escalations and providing satisfactory resolutions
Cons: Performance driven and evaluated every day. Sometimes very repetitive information.
Many different training,coaching, ecommerce support and other feedback to team of associates by facilitating productive team meetings, one-on-ones and side by sides.
I learned not only to supervise and manage but to service others by proactively supporting them with needed tools to perform at high levels. The team of managers, supervisors and associates collaborate in a team effort to get things done;while having fun and enjoying the work. The hardest part of the job was to leave, to pursue my own business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the strong work ethic and amazing customer service Williams-Sonoma provides to the internal and external customers every day. Open or Closed call center when scheduled. Adapted and flexible to change at moments notice.
William-Sonoma is a very diverse company and a great place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSJune 6, 2015
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: could use more overtime hours
The management at William-Sonoma are great at preparing its employees to provide excellent service and products to its clients. A typical work day starts with warm-up exercise and motivation so employees will do their best.
Multi tasking and having patience to work is the key.
Full Service Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2015
Pros: Snacks and Coffee
Cons: 3 min punch in time limit before considered tardy.
Learned money management and telecommunications and how to do billing. Great learning experience. Training for the full service position very in debt learning for six weeks course.
Established and stable company
Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Financially stable with international growth plans
Cons: Heirarchical management slows down decision making and implementation
A large organization with a pleasant work environment. Most employees seem to have achieved a good work/life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Salaries