Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun place to work, difficult to manage.
General Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: micro managed
Strong customer service and sales focused leadership teams. The executive team is committed to strengthening share holder value in all that we do.

The company sells products that enhance our customers lives at home. Every opportunity is taken to fulfill each customers objectives at home.

Fun, inspirational associates.

Store teams try hard, but payroll is tight. Customers expectations of service sometimes overwhelm associates due to payroll constraints.
High pressure sales environment
Assistant Manager (part time) (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Great products. Solid and beautiful concepts. Store is lovely and well laid out. Bad follow through. High level seems fine, execution in actual stores is lacking. Every day has a different goal. Long term strategy isn't communicated to front line employees. Culture of fear leads to super high turn over.
A great learning experience
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2015
face paced
I had to order merchandise one the stock got low
I learned how to deal with different attitudes of people
I learned how to use programs and software to do my job effectively
the hardest part of the job was learning the different codes I had to use in order to view merchandise in the system
I enjoyed getting to know different people
Designed to fail
Full Service Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers, fun parties, good food.
Cons: no support, attendance system, poor management
Even on your best days they didn't want to see you succeed. An occasional pat on the back, and congrats was given, but beteween the ridiculous point system they had in place for attendance and the lack of support during the most important times of the year, this cmpany is not set to work with it's employees. I did however learn plenty of ways to NOT treat a customer with my own company, and how to properly give love and concern to those who really did need help. I also learned how to determine when people were trying to get over on a company , which happened often.
Accountant
Accounting Associate II (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJanuary 11, 2015
This company strongly abide by their culture. Lacks in management with overall employees. The benefits package is excellent. They do try to seek above and beyond employees.
Productive Environment
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: minimal pay wage
The job and the workers will work with you if you are new coming in. The managers give gifts and show appreciation to workers when they complete their task in an outstanding manner.
Feeling abused by upper management and corporate for not doing enough.
ACM - Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no work life balance. no respect. not valued. not paid well for job requirements
Use to be an amazing company to work for! Howard Lester died and so did WS.........Today it's email, clientele, in-homes, and chasing customers. Constant calling customers, emailing, credit cards, curb side service, customer service and don't task on limited payroll which keeps getting cut weekly. Being told we don't care if you are happy, your happiness is your responsibility. If you aren't happy go find your happiness somewhere else. No one is valued. Great associates and co workers! Corporate, RVP and DM send emails daily, sometimes twice. Micro managing at it's worst!
Williams-Sonoma Inc. was a great company to work for that gave me tools to take with me for future job opportunities.
Sales/Service Associate/Order Processing Assosc. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: there were different monthy contests for prizes for having the highest sales, selling a specific product, or having the highest customer compliments.
Cons: none.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. was a great place to work. It was an inbound and outbound call center with customers calling to place orders, request returns, and receive credits on orders if necessary. I learned a lot of different things and tools from this company that I was able to apply to my job everyday and that I would also be able to apply to further job opportunities. I learned to listen to the customer to find out what their needs and wants were to get the job done efficiently with the customer knowing that I would be able to get the job done. I was very close to my supervisors and always went to them with ideas and questions to better my customer service. The hardest part of the job was communication. When a customer would call, as a customer service associate, we would note everything the customer called about and sometimes the information wasn't there. Even thought the information would be absent, I would use any tools necessary, (calling UPS, speak with other departments in the company) to make sure the customer was being appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the monthly contests that were held for having the highest sales, or having the most customer compliments. I am competitive in a good way and it was fun to participate in those activities.
Good Company
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: managment not well trained
Its a good company to work for. I was able to move to different departments within the company and learn many new skills
A good company toork for.
Email Response Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Very professional place to work. I worked from home, so it made everything Flexible. It was a seasonal position.
Nice breakroom
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), 340 Middlesex Center Blvd, Monroe, NJ 08831January 1, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: not diverse enough
It's a job. I'm looking for something better that will fulfill my skill set, makes me look forward to coming to work.
Productive,friendly atmosphere
Customer Service, Sales, Service (Current Employee), FairWater Street The Colony TX.December 30, 2014
Pros: 40% off merchandise
Cons: short breaks and points
Answering phones constantly listening to customers whether happy or not. Worked on a DOS system
Learned how to work in a call center atmosphere
Awesome people to work with.
Hardest part was when customers would call about their orders that
were damaged or not their expectations.
Hours are great made lots of friends and enjoyed talking on phone
does not provide stability
prepper/assembly worker (Current Employee), olive branch, msDecember 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: 7 days a week/ long hours
This is a seasonal job and hard for advancement. The job is very easy but it requires you to work 12 hour shifts and 7 days a week. The pay is decent but the job does not provide security or stability. It is hard to get hired in.
Great place to work and great managers
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry Clerk/DC Clerk (Current Employee), Walnut, CADecember 27, 2014
I started here as a temp thru an agency. I got hired after 3 months of being a temp. I have worked in various departments for the company like Inventory, shipping, receiving, and cross-dock. I work with supporting one of our vendors and taking care of customer orders. People here are very easy to get a long with and mangers follow an open-door policy and are always there to help.
Busy and socially diverse
Hardlines-Cutter (Current Employee), Branch, MSDecember 24, 2014
Pros: time-consuming
Cons: short breaks
On a regular work day, I sit at the computer cutting and printing monograms for orders. I also weeded the monograms with fellow employees to complete work assignments daily.
fast paced warehouse packaging
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSDecember 20, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced environment
Cons: long hours with minimal breaks
long hours, tough work, have to work as fast as possible but without mistakes. good diversity of employees. fun job.
Williams-Sonoma FSA LV
Full Service Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: freedom
The job description is simple. Help customers with any concerns they may have, regarding returns, purchases, related questions, etc. The problem is maybe a blessing and a curse. After 4 weeks of excellent training, I was on the call center floor for a month or so before I ever met a boss. I felt as though I was coming to some weird, hated prison for a month straight before I finally got my turn to meet my supposed "floor supervisor".

Now, granted, the only reason I had yet to meet this manager was due to the fact that I never had a question. I learned well enough in training that I never had a problem helping a customer out. Yet, without any supervision whatsoever, I felt unimportant and unwanted. Silly, I know. But it was like I was a ghost in this place.

This is in addition to the countless other associates I would observe all day, who answer calls and immediately put customers on hold for the next 20-30 mins. This slacking tactic is the exact culture that can be expected from williams-sonoma. Nobody wants to work, from the bottom to the top!
Great Place to Start
Service Enhancement/Social Media Customer Care (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: internal opportunites for growth and change
Cons: below industry average pay
As this is my first and only call center experience, I must say it has been a great place to learn and grow. Friendly atmosphere.
Productive and fun working environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2014
A typical day was fast paced and very productive
I learned a lot in regards to managing budgets
the hardest part of the job was the long hours and every weekend. Poor work life balance.
regular day
Picker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: point system
go in clock in find your work area and start working. the lead would move you if the work was more in another area. you would follow the work until you got done

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more