Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great customers and Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Poor ability to give notice of information. Though it was stated employment can be terminated at any moment. Was let go within 5 minutes of notification; was told you are let go and everything was locked out. No room to stay on in the environment even with great metrics. Overall easy job, great customers and good direct leadership. Poor management by corporate side which leads to bad relations with employees. Decent pay and no benefits if your not lucky enough to be full-time.
Pros
decent pay, good direct leadership, great customers
Cons
poor communication to employees, immediate termination, no progression of future.
High Stress
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2016
Very high-stress job. Emails come in non-stop - expect 200+ emails per day. Very poor processes from top to bottom. Employees are not empowered at all - approvals are needed for nearly everything and if you don't have the proper approvals the process stops - even if it is an emergency. Co-workers are great but executives either have no idea of how bad things are or don't care. Terrible corporate culture that produces high anxiety, resulting in very high turnover. The best part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers, pay, benefits
Cons
High stress, tremendous workload, poor processes, toxic culture
Learning Lesson
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2016
Some are nice a lot just there to have a secure income basis. After a month training at the center, I work from home, it was convenient but after a month you will feel how the stress and pressure gets in to your own home, absolutely on your own, no help from they're so called help line, if you can't make calls Call in is they're motto. I am somewhat thankful and regretting. 2.5 stars I would review. The 40% off employee discount is not completely accomplished due to before taxes plus item ineligibility, not all items. No insurance coverage and 401k if you are not knowledgeable Charles Schwab including their Williams-Sonoma stock will take your paycheck. Rate of $11 an hour isn't worth for a lot of responsibility, you work for Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm. Majority of calls are Complaints, Return, Replacements, Refunds most from Pottery Barn. Their attendance system is a mess and injustice. Games are for kids not for adults. Giveaways are from old stocks of the company. Coffee is the only free at their EDR. Anxiety and Stress is what you will get later on.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Pay Rate, Insurance, Attendance, Support, Wellness
40% discount on products
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2016
Williams-Sonoma doesn't have many job advancements. There is no accountibility or incentive to work hard. The raises are not based on performance but on popularity. They lost many good employees due to poor management.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
pay, promotions, work and life balance
This was the best place i haved work co-workers are amazing
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I love working at Williams Sonoma, I was train to do latterly everything in the sewing department. I'm glad Williams train me how to sew thanks to them I'm now a production sewer. I love the benefits they offer and I love the people always so nice and kind.
Pros
i love the free lunch every month
Cons
manegment change
Easy
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2017
Great outstanding job with great benefits.I learned how to use an RF scan gun at a fast paced. The management was great always respectful.The most great part I enjoyed on the job is getting played every week for it to be a full time position.
Enjoyable place to work
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 26, 2016
Overall - enjoyable place to work.
Unrealistic expectations for floor set - expected to be completed during business hours.
Upper management just cut a lot of store management jobs due to poor business performance.
Pros
salary, discount, coworkers
Cons
outdated technology, no job security
Great workplace
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I don't care for the HR department because they just rotate employees and cheap labor in and out the door to keep labor costs down. But it is still a great work environment.
Pros
benefits (full time), AC/Heat, good pay, good hours
Cons
turnover rate
A good paying job
Fabric receiver (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCOctober 11, 2016
It's just a normal work place not a lot goes on just come in work hard and go home a normal routine for anybody the pay is good the people are friendly everyone gets a long and work hard to get that raise
Good job
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2016
Decent pay, flexible hours, family owned. Easy to move up. Great management. No benefits but annual bonuses. Great if you want to gain management experience
It's average
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2017
If you get a good manager it can be OKAY, average benefits, good pay. I would just use it as a stepping stone, they did not really care about your concerns or personal life.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Bad environment
Sew Inspector (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCJanuary 24, 2017
Long, unorganized, working with others. Staying on task. Management isn't on one accord everything is last minute. The salary is good
Great company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent company with lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Great training program for all company level. The diversity and workplace culture makes this company a good place to develop your career.
Pros
Excellent upper management
Work From Home
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. It is a work from home position where you take customer service calls and sales calls. The hardest part of the job is taking back to back calls and learning the AS400 system. Training is long and can be information overload. I really loved my class and co workers.
Pros
work from home, good benefits, fun management team
Cons
short breaks, angry customers, no real growth potential
Good Job
Full Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAAugust 4, 2016
You can work from the center or at home. They have advancement opportunities. Good benefits and positive environment. They give you excellent training and you are in a relaxed work environment
Pros
great attendance policy
Cons
commuting to work
I appreciated the opportunity to purchase at a discount & annual new product seminars. I won lots of great gifts.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2016
a full day of answering inbound calls for rental of automobiles;
lots of computer usage;
did not like having to change supervisors every 2 months
mostly easy to work with - no time to socialize
I answered over 200 call per day which got old after 2 years. When i tried to advance out the call center was not given cooperation from supervisor.
The most enjoyable part was assisting celebrities
Pros
the salary was adequate
Cons
no chance for advancement
Great company to work for!
Sales and Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work is opening the building for the employees and ensuring that all systems are properly working for a productive day at work. I have learned to resolve customer and employee concerns. In management, I have learned all aspects of managing supervisors and associates. There is nothing hard about the job when you give 110% of effort in completing all tasks and willing to learn other duties. I truly enjoy working with the people while establishing a trustworthy relationship as this enhances their willingness to perform at a high level.
Pros
Flexible company when it comes to work, life balance.
Cons
I would like to see more opportunity for advancement.
This was the most fun I had on a job, with all the incentive they gave for being on time , and not missing any days and just doing a great job over al
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2017
My work hours was 4:00 am until 2:30 pm, and sometimes during peak time 4:00 am until 4:00 pm...
I learn how to pull orders using a hand held computer, and how to drive a fork-lift...
Their manager staff was great and you can talk with them about anything, they had a open door policy...
The co-workers are like family, because a lot of them were family...
The hardest part of the job was the peak season the extra long hours.
The most enjoyable part was the meeting we had, they always had drawing for prizes, and they gave lunches, like barbecues and fish fry..
Pros
The give aways and free lunches...
Cons
Long hours doing peak season
Great product and passionate people, little work life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2016
Day to day there is a lot to do and not enough time to do it. Most stores are short staffed because we have high expectations of who we want to hire. This job has taught me a lot and I know have a much better business acumen and a better understanding of the business overall.

Management can be great some days and really tough the next. Criticism is not always constructive. My coworkers are actually quite great, we are a tight-knit group of friends at this point.

Hardest part about my job is the hours worked. Most enjoyable part about my job is making a store beautiful and succeeding through my people.
Pros
Great discount
call center madness
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CADecember 17, 2016
If you are ok with taking over 100 back to back call per day from snobby " I deserve the world' types of people than this is for you. Worst job I have ever had. No time to take a breath after a call due to 'productivity' 8 hours felt like a 23 hour shift. I guess if you have thick skin and dont mind sitting on your butt for 8 hours straight getting ordered by someone over the phone than this might be for you. The pros is that due to a high turnover rate there is room for advancement. They also gave me the option to work from home which was great, Dont expect the company to give you much, you supply your own computer, landline and might need to beg for a headset.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Non stop calls, no room to breathe, rude customers, depressing job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.