Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

Williams-Sonoma FSA LV
Full Service Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: freedom
The job description is simple. Help customers with any concerns they may have, regarding returns, purchases, related questions, etc. The problem is maybe a blessing and a curse. After 4 weeks of excellent training, I was on the call center floor for a month or so before I ever met a boss. I felt as though I was coming to some weird, hated prison for – more... a month straight before I finally got my turn to meet my supposed "floor supervisor".

Now, granted, the only reason I had yet to meet this manager was due to the fact that I never had a question. I learned well enough in training that I never had a problem helping a customer out. Yet, without any supervision whatsoever, I felt unimportant and unwanted. Silly, I know. But it was like I was a ghost in this place.

This is in addition to the countless other associates I would observe all day, who answer calls and immediately put customers on hold for the next 20-30 mins. This slacking tactic is the exact culture that can be expected from williams-sonoma. Nobody wants to work, from the bottom to the top! – less
Great Place to Start
Service Enhancement/Social Media Customer Care (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: internal opportunites for growth and change
Cons: below industry average pay
As this is my first and only call center experience, I must say it has been a great place to learn and grow. Friendly atmosphere.
Productive and fun working environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2014
A typical day was fast paced and very productive
I learned a lot in regards to managing budgets
the hardest part of the job was the long hours and every weekend. Poor work life balance.
regular day
Picker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: point system
go in clock in find your work area and start working. the lead would move you if the work was more in another area. you would follow the work until you got done
fun workplace
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 1, 2014
Pros: nice associates
Cons: heavy lifting
I love working here, it gives me an opportunity to put my orgganization skills to use.
How to Lose a Great Employee in 90 days
Administrative. (Former Employee), Claremont, NCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee machine
Cons: management sucks!
Dear Sutter Street, If you’re a good (or even just halfway decent) then your managers or leaders shall probably already know most of this, but it is worthwhile to remind ourselves of them now and again. Here’s my list as follows;

1. Be dishonest.
2. Don’t say “Thank you.”
3. Forget the values that made your organization a success.
4. Don’t take time – more... to listen (to their concerns).
5. Ignore their personal and professional development.
6. Don’t be selective who you hire in the first place.
7. Micromanage.
8. Set the bar low.
9. Be cold and uncaring (to them and to their co-workers, no common courtesy).
10. The “usual” things (under-pay them, intrude into their personal lives, bullying, harassment, etc.) – less
Fantastic company. Great place to work when properly staffed.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Township of Susquehanna, PANovember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits, and generous discounts.
Cons: not a great work life balance.
I work with some of the Best people on the planet. It is not flexible if you are in management,if you have children this is not the job for you unless they are older school age. I Love this store and company otherwise.
Fast pace, very enjoyable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2014
Pros: extensive training, contests, recognition
Cons: low pay
My day would start by doing my follow-ups from previous days. This included calling customers about their orders such as back orders, discounts applied to orders, or just making sure everything was to their satisfaction. I answered high call volume from customers from all our sister companies, took care of orders, and technical support. I loved my co-workers, – more... we got along very well. I didn't find anything hard about the job, there were challenges but that's what makes it exciting. My immediate supervisor was great! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2014
Williams-Sonoma is a very success company that treats all their employees with respect. They care about each customer. The most enjoyable part of my eday is knowing that I made all the customers happy and I did my very best. The hardest part would be working the long hours. My co-workers are hard working individuals taht also have the work goals that – more... I have. – less
Friendly and Hardworking
Sales/Telephone Catalog Support (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 18, 2014
were the most common phrases hear thought out my 2 week long training class i assumed this job was a good and easy going job and had a efficient structure and i was correct
Good environment, able to work from home, advanced easily, updating skills is ongoing
Currently Furniture Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: ongoing training, easy to move to new departments, great retail discount.
Cons: compensation low, hard to take advantage of pto & vacation.
When working from the contact center, a typical day consisted of taking incoming calls regarding customer furniture orders. Checking order status, sending to scheduling, resolving issues with delayed deliveries, material damage or defects, issuing replacements and compensation within company guidelines. Now I work from home, it is the same process but – more... with out physically going to the office.

Enjoy speaking and interacting with customers as well as retail associates and management. Co-workers are wonderful and we work well together as a team.

I've learned a lot about home furnishings as well as decorator items.
There is always something new to learn which is great as it keeps me on my toes and lets me share that information to customers or other associates.

The hardest part is dealing with insufficient information via the company website or internal departments then trying to make it coherent to the customer. Such as why items still not shipped or material/delivery delays. Having to wait 24-48 hrs or longer to get a reply from an internal department is a bit frustrating and of course trying to give the customer the best service with incomplete information is challenging.

Love to help customers with their orders, to share my knowledge about the products, sister companies and introduce customers to new products. Of course, working with my fellow associates and assisting new furniture associates how to find information as well as tips on handling escalated customers during their live training.

Overall, this is a good company but compensation is low. – less
It could be better
Stock Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Rolling Hills Estates, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: getting free samples of food, some short work days
Cons: retail work, pay, on-call shifts
A typical day at work is to clock in and process any unfinished items/boxes that hasn't been stocked on the shelves. Then the UPS guy comes and unloads the shipment for the day. We have to scan in every box that came in and put the the items on the shelves of the stockroom (which is usually 40 or more boxes per day). There is either one or two stockers.

The – more... hardest part of the job is having to run the stock room alone and having to find room for each item because the stock room is full. Though the stock room is full, it is also hard to find items too.

The most most enjoyable part of the job is that stocking is pretty chill. – less
Customer Service
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2014
Pros: occasional gifts, entry level positions, seasonal ability to move departments
Cons: less than effective leadership
A stressful working environment with very high expectations, with little assistance to obtain needed tools to maintain service levels. Management seems less will address issues before service levels drop, and more on stressful clean up after services levels have severely impacted the consumer and external partners.

Support from co-workers is very high – more... and positive encouragement and knowledge sharing is experienced on a daily basis. When work levels rise, the team is willing to work together to get things completed in a timely manner, as long as management does not thwart the effort.

The most difficult part of the job is not having all tools necessary to get the job done available to the associate, and having some individuals in leadership unwilling to assist with those tools.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to bring customer concerns to a positive resolution, the level of non-leadership support that can be found among the internal and external partner associates, which includes creating business and personal friendships. Those friendships promoted a more positive working environment, a stronger ability to communicate effectively and resolve issues quickly to the satisfaction of all. – less
Nice place to work
Editor/Order Processor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Great employer to work for. Excellent team. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a satisfied customer.
non-stop workplace with the opportunity to win prizes.
Furniture Service Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work included tending to my customers and making sure all of their needs were met with their previous purchases. A big part of that job was to stay in touch with customers just on the off chance something went wrong with their order.
My co-workers were amazing by helping one another get through tough customer service issues where we – more... are trying to give the customer the best end result.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that it's impossible to make everyone happy.
Solving issues for customers that have been wrongly informed and unhappy was the best part of the job. – less
Productive and fun place to work while satisfying clients with the highest quality products
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Troy, MIOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great employee discount, flexible hours
Cons: great employee discount, beware of spending your whole paycheck!
Wonderful company to work for, flexible hours, good pay, great employee discount and just plain fun. Also having great confidence in the products you are selling to your customers.
Poor top down management.
General Manager/ Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, CTOctober 21, 2014
Too heavy work and micro-management with very little resources. Store management finds themselves working in more a key holder or lead cashier role due lack of resources.
Seasonal, at Christmas
Inventory Prepper (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2014
Team player, enjoyed work. Seasonal, prepping Christmas stockings, festive atmosphere.
Rich culture and heritage, incredible product lines, well-positioned for growth
Corporate Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: heritage, culture, creativity, employee discount
Cons: micromanagement by senior executives, tends to be very clique-ish
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. has a rich heritage dating back to 1956 when Chuck Williams opened the first store in Sonoma. The portfolio of Brands is unrivaled in retail. Creativity and entrepreneurship are highly valued.
great learning experiance and fun working environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Walnut, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great people, very good learning environment
Cons: poor communication at times between leads, no stability with productivity, team work lacked at times
great place to work. people get along well and are willing to help you learn more and lend a helping hand. Safety is their number one priority.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more