Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

productive outstanding the enviornment is wonderful
Prepper (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2015
This is the best job I've ever had the environment makes you want to go to work and make production. Its just so warming and caring you have no problems with any of your co workers.
A good place to work. I was behind the scenes.
Shipping and Receiving / Stockperson (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: learned their computer system which was a challenge
Cons: None to my knowledge
Just unloading trucks with merchandise and using scanner guns to tag with prices. The coworkers were fun and outgoing. Was their only part time.
ok
Furniture (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 19, 2015
It is an okay place to work and as with most jobs there are ups and downs and you have to roll with it. The director of the facility is great and I just wish that his energy was spread throughout the facility.
Fun workplace; VERY upbeat during holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace; great management
Cons: pay is basically minimum wage
Fun workplace and nice environment. If you like to do different things every workday this is the place. Everything has to be done in a timely manner which I didn't mind because the hours would pass by fast.
Call Center
Full Service Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NvApril 13, 2015
Williams-Sonoma,Inc. was a difficult company to work for. I did not feel as though we were trained well before they put us on the phones. I witnessed supervisors/leads belittling other associates in the company instant message system. I was hired to work from home but 24 hrs before I was supposed to start, they changed it and stated those of us hired needed to be working in the center. Customers were extremely rude and demeaning to us which made the job very unbearable.
I enjoyed coming to work everyday
west elm Graphic Designer/ E-marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2015
west elm was a great place to work. It offered an employee-first work environment with awesome management that supports your career goals and growth. Co-workers were like my best friends.
PRODUCTIVE
Quality Control Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2015
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE I WORKED HARD AND MEET A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE I WAS A QA FOR ABOUT A MONTH THEN I TRANSFERED TO THE SUPPLY CAGE WERE I HELPED THE SEWER WITH THREAD AND DIFF SUPPLIES
williams-sonoma
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
parent company to several brands. i.e pottery barn, pottery barn kids, pottery barn teen, west elm. and several online brand such as pottery barn dorm & williams-sonoma home. covering all home design needs.
Good job but unfair management
Auditor (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Helpful co-workers
Cons: Discrimination
I did heavy lifting everyday, and while doing so I learned to work very well with other co-workers. Some co-workers knit picked a lot and that's hard to deal with knowing that the manager won't put an end to it, but overall I enjoyed my job and the people I met.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), The Colony, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Training, co-workers
Cons: Communication between corporate and call center
A typical day at work began with logging into your computer and preparing for the day's calls. This particular call center dealt with inbound calls concerning both sales and customer service. The training lasted 5 weeks and was invaluable in learning about the Williams-Sonoma family (Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Mark & Graham, and Restoration). The computer programs were also explained in detail. Once training ended, both management and co-workers helped in explaining more difficult calls to new employees. Since it was peak season, the calls for sales and customer service were at high volume. We were reminded to do the best we could for our customers while following Williams-Sonoma guidelines. I enjoyed my experience at the Williams-Sonoma call and being able to help people during the holiday season.
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: great Discounts
Cons: Over worked, Under paid
Customer Service is what that company is all about . Co-workers would come and go, its retail right?
Hardest part of the job was getting a system down and then they would up and change it on you. That was fine for someone like me, but try teaching and re-teaching to those whom challenged in you the beginning.
Productive enviornment
Merchandise Processor/ Order Picker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 6, 2015
Great Place to learn and move up within the company with excellent benfits. Moved due to plant closing.Very fast paced environment.
Large company that loves to promote from within.
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2015
Working for Williams-Sonma, Inc. provided the perfect experience for fast paced customer service training. Working one holiday season alone is enough to teach you how to keep a calm head when all around you seems like chaos. You are given the tools to learn and expand your expertise at every turn.
Great overall job
Load/Unload trucks/trailers by hand (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 2, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Short breaks.
Great workers, great management, awesome work environment. I would say it was my favorite job. Most enjoyable was the management. They taught me so much.
Fun Company
Stockroom Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2015
Williams-Sonoma cares about its employees. They encourage the personal and professional development of their employees.

The company was very flexible with my schedule while I attended school and got my nursing degree.
Good hours that work with my life style
Call Center Sales Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Had early morning hours that gave me time to take care of my elderly mother's needs. Had time to schedule doctors appointments as well as other needs.
Invests in people
General Manager, Pottery Barn (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
A driving company that pushes you to be better. The company continues to grow with the times ensuring they will not be left behide
Creative and fast paced
Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 31, 2015
Williams-Sonoma is fast paced.
Think quick act fast
Committed coworkers
Balancing the work load
Creative company and people.
Great brand, tough place to work
Buyer - Pottery Barn Catalog & Ecommerce (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great brand
Cons: overworked
While this is a good place for career advancement and to put on your resume, the day to day is overwhelming. Benefits are not competitive and work-life balance is not considered.
productive place to advance to next level fast
Picker/Ics operator/lead (Former Employee), olive branch, msMarch 24, 2015
i starte doff at williams sonoma as a picker then in the next month or so i was moved to being a ics operator which was the person who order products for the pickers to pick for customers. then i became lead due to my attitude and proformance

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Salaries