Williams Companies Employee Reviews

A wonderful exereince
Student lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTJanuary 8, 2016
I had a great experience in maritime studies that informed me in many areas of life beyond the classroom. This experience informed me and offered opportunities for growth as a student, as an individual, an will continue to benefit me into mired avenues I will come across in the future. An invaluable experience overall.
Pros
Great trips, peers, instructors, and seaport staff.
Very high paced work place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Whiting, KSJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed the high paced work environment. Accts Receivable, Accts Payable, invoicing, customer service, delivery. Never a dull moment
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 21, 2015
Taking and filing the pictures in the computer to send off to the company. Making sure the pictures were taken right in order to send them off.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
The most enjoyable part of the job
Oracle Techno-Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 9, 2015
There were a number of things I liked best about that job. Working alongside my colleagues who are fantastic!, and learning about new and emerging sustainable technologies.
productive and fun work place
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2015
Good company to work for.. too bad during layoffs they didn't keep some employees that had been loyal to them for 9 years after given the chance many times to leave. But business is business just don't play favorites.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
management could be better at keeping everyone in loop
Very productive, everybody's always getting their work done.
laborer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 19, 2015
Working hard always something has to be done no matter what. no fooling around but very good environment with the people that work there and the boss.I learned the most I've learned anywhere else, different ways of learning things as well. co-workers were perfect love having conversations with them and always helped when i needed it and always helped them as well when they needed it. although it's a good work place the hardest part of the job was waking up at 4:30 in the morning because i live an hour away and work for 10 hours and driving back home an hour and a half because of traffic. most enjoyment of the job was doing work that i loved doing, such as painting or changing tires, axles.
Pros
Good work environment, good co-workers.
Cons
waking up early, working in the burning sun all day.
Awesome opportunities.
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Douglas, WYNovember 18, 2015
Williams is a company that propels its employees growth. The benefits are amazing,and its work culture is outlined to embraces productivity.
fun to work for
President (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 8, 2015
I onw this company i bought and sold real estate. working on your own is always fun. but when the real estate bubble hit i lost everything and had to start over.
Atypical Office Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 19, 2015
Employment for this company is unlike any other job experience. You must be a self starter and have strong accounting background in order to figure out what is expected on the job. There is no training provided and it is somewhat a sink or swim environment. There is no job stability at this office as employee turnover is very high.
Work & Workout
Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day is meeting scheduled with the project developers to go over projects that have changed or to announce any new projects that need to be developed. Working closely with the project developer I will get to develop the project schedule that will be used to convince the company to go forward with the project.
The fun part of my day is actually getting to develop the schedule. It gets more interesting if we get to develop something that hasn't been done before of if the project activities are going to be done out of their usually sequence of events. The not so fun part is if the project developer is expecting to see something and is not clear on how they are explain what it is they want. After the work is complete they tell me that is not what they wanted. Rework is not fun!
I take a break about mid morning and go to the gym provided to get away from my desk and get in a good workout.
Afternoon is a time to make sure the project schedule meets the needs of project developer. If it is a big project will spend the second half of the day continuing on with the project I started in the morning.
Note: the hardest part of project development is putting lots of work into a project and sitting on it for a long time or having the project go away all together. That is the function of project development however sometimes it feels like your hard work is wasted!
Pros
Free gym onsite for all employees
Cons
Don't think all directors look out for their employees
Company Review as Legal Assistant
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poplarville, MSSeptember 5, 2015
Busy work place with supportive Lawyers. Learned a lot working with my Lawyer who deals more with land and real estate. Many clients each day with variety in what they were asking for. Due to the business my boss was in we had a large clientele and it was difficult to get to everyone and their needs. Enjoyed the experience and the growing and developing I have done since being in this law atmosphere.
This is a good company.
ASSISTANT MANGER (Former Employee) –  Port Allen LouisianaAugust 31, 2015
Williams Travel Center was a good place to work and also provides room for advancement. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
They offer benefits and pay raises
Cons
long hours for management staff
Great company, family oriented, I would work here again
Supervisor Operations, Atlantic/Gulf (Current Employee) –  Sour Lake, TXAugust 30, 2015
I get to manage some of the most talented and great hearted people in the oil and gas industry. We have built very strong work teams over the years. This company has promoted me from a shovel toting laborer to a leader in several roles. I've been blessed to be a part of this company.
Pros
Great pay and employees
Cons
I'm relocating to Dallas and we have very few assets in that area.
Exciting workplace, fast, and decent
Packer (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 27, 2015
Exciting workplace with caring managers and leads. Fast paced environment with decent co- workers. Decent amount of hours per week.
Pros
Vending machines that accept credit cards
Cons
Short Breaks, long walks to reach work area
Great exposure to Oil & Gas Operations
Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2015
Workplace was hostile, full of nepotism and promotions only come through affiliations or family relations.

Was always a promise to grow and advance career but never delivered or created any outlets to do so.

Working alone and being accountable was a nice job perk. The pay compensations allows most to overlook work environment.

Company has potential to create good culture if corporate was aware of local mismanagement and supervisory tactics when dealing with employees.
Pros
Working alone on daily tasks
Cons
Cutthroat company culture
Great people to work with and good working environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 14, 2015
Williams is a great place to work and the people make it worth working there. Great teamwork and need to get things done. The hardest part is continuous deadlines to propose projects to gain customers business.
First Job and It's at a Big Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Over the course of the year here at Williams, I learned a lot about the gas industry and engineering. I became friends with the workers in my department and felt at home thanks to their welcoming arms into their family. I was kept busy doing normal intern tasks like mail and sorting, but I also did some stuff for engineers which was the end goal of this internship. I have worked with geotech reports and placed them into a shared database for the civil engineers. I also checked drawings with P&IDs and even did some drafting (I'm certified in AutoCAD 2014). I also work with station drawings and place the original copy and a PDF into a database that is used at our construction sites. I have done a lot of work that I hope has been useful to the company's mission statement. It has been a great experience overall.
Pros
Lovely environment, fun, interactive, collaborative, and welcoming
Summary
Operations Technician Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Larose, LAAugust 4, 2015
Very physically demanding, Poor pay and medical benefits, awesome coworkers, No company vehicle, open supervisor positions are regularly filled without open interviews and behind closed doors.
Pros
Close to home. Like the people I work with.
Cons
Oppourtunity for advancement, Payscale, benefits
Rewarding and intensive job
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXJuly 22, 2015
My experience with Williams has been greatly beneficial and rewarding to me and my knowledge base. Our plant has thrown us every which way from the construction phase up until this very day. I can not stress enough how much I have been able to learn from this experience. Overall I have become a much better operator working through all the problems. With out those troubling moments I would not have half the experience that I currently have. More to come and more to learn!
Pros
Great people, great pay, and decent benefits
Cons
Slow internet connections
Productive and fun workplace
Reconciliation / Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Work at WJA was fun and there was no micro-managing. Team members were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Work day was smooth due to all co-workers did their part.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays