Williams Companies Employee Reviews

productive
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCOctober 16, 2017
great working experience. good benefits. Great people to worth with. Very caring staff and managment. Allows you to work freely and express yourself throught your working ablities,
absenteeism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2017
Absentee point system is the issue. Working from home is a great thing, but if your service provider has issues, and you can not work, it counts against you.
Pros
work from home, no traveling to work
Cons
absentee point system
Good company with issues like every other company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Good environment in terms of being challenging with high degree of autonomy. Given the necessary resources to get the job done. Little thought given to employee development and advancement opportunity.
Good place to work before they relocated back to Tulsa
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 30, 2017
Good place to work in OKC (they purchased Access Midstream) and then closed the OKC offices; I haven't heard how it is to work in the Tulsa offices; they still operate under some old-fashioned practices
Benefits
Cons
Old school ways of operations
Best place I have ever been employed
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2017
My position was only temporary but I loved my time there. I was always treated with respect and the atmosphere is just easy to work in. The building also had the best cafeteria!
loving family
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 21, 2017
I took care of Mr. Williams in many different ways. He was a great man that loved everyone around him. I loved him like family. Sadly he passed away and I will always be heart broke over it.
Cons
Director, Infrastructure Operations (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2017
As the title implies Williams is a good place to work. Changing culture but a good culture to be a part of. Good work/life balance. Excellent beneifits
Productive and fun workplace
Landscape Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with co workers and friends hot sunny days were the worst but winter time was the best great experience very i still keep in contact with a few old workers
Pros
Breaks.people .
Cons
Lack of consistence
I was laid off due to a merger
Corrosion/ Pipeline Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OKSeptember 12, 2017
Yes I was laid off but it wasn't personal it was totally business. Being at the bottom of the pyramid doesn't help. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. It was a family feeling and everyone looked out for each other. I am a vet and my boss never had a problem with my appts or needing to take a day. I learned so much about Operations. I even had time to take college classes at night. I really don't believe I will ever find a job that I loved like the one in western Oklahoma.
Pros
Freedom to do your work without micro managment. They trusted you!
Cons
I really dont have one.
Very nice place to work.
Grant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work. Always looked forward to going to work everyday. Co-workers were all so friendly and nice. Beautiful office space and atmosphere.
Pros
Being downtown and close to everything.
Cons
Not enough openings...
Excellent Compensation Unpleasant Culture
Oracle EBS Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2017
The compensation and benefits are outstanding; however, job security is low with little or no notice of termination (with or without cause). The culture is very cut throat at all levels. Senior leadership is purely political.
Pros
Compensations, Benefits
Cons
Culture, Back Stabbing
Good company to work for.
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 24, 2017
As long as you did your job well it was good. I never got bored cause they would keep you working on projects etc. Upper level management and board of directors should investigate situations and find the real answers before they farm out work to companies like IBM who lied to management about being a family oriented company who cares about careers.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Ceos beleiving IBM as a great company.
Good benefits for 'older' workers
IT Department - IT Business System Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2017
The company has been around for a long time and seems to really value its older workers!

The company has survived takeover attempts in the past ... not too sure about in the future. TRANSCO is a valuable asset that I'm sure many other companies would like to chase.
I worked at Williams during a difficult time
Supervisor - Administration (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2017
My employment was during a time when the oil/gas economy was tanking and takeovers were happening. It made for a very bad day-to-day environment during the short time I was employed with them. This is not a reflection on the Williams personnel.
Pros
Williams was a good company with a good reputation
Cons
The timing was bad when I worked there
It was esay and fu. Place
Asembly line (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 2, 2017
Il I liked it it was a fun good place to work at except the benefits and the pay kind of shocked and only worked there for 3 months sorry 6 months and I just wish I had good benefits but it didn't
Helpful staff
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
I was a temp, but this company takes care of their employees, the staff was kind and extremely helpful. Calm and easy going work environment. The calls were also very easy to handle.
Mid-Management is highly afraid of change (Northeast Region)
Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Northeast RegionMay 24, 2017
Sr Management has set a great tone for the company and does and amazing job in projecting the company's value based tone. However, many mid-level managers are stuck in their ways and refuse to adapt and improve the process. They let a lot of Access Midstream talent go (they bought Access Midstream in 2015), and now have a huge talent gap. Expect to see customer satisfaction go down in the next year or so, as they transition to new systems and old their processes.
Pros
Compensation is a little above average (below average when compared to rest of Oil&Gas), Value based Company
Cons
Mid-Level management truly runs the organization, using out dated process and will not embrace the "process improvement" model.
Great company with wonderful benefits
Rotating Equipment Specialist - SME (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2017
I worked with Williams Companies for 15 years but was unfortunately laid off during a workforce reduction due to a downturn in the oil and gas industry.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits
Cons
Constant organizational restructuring
Not a bad place to start out but not somewhere you want to stay for long
Cashier/ Stocker/ Carry (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, OK 73020May 8, 2017
the management wasn't the greatest, the workers called in a lot. didn't work well around school schedules. if the workers were there, they did the bare minimum.
Great Place to work
TALENT ACQUISITION CONSULTANT II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2017
Cannot say enough good about this organization. The people are great, the culture is great, and it is a great place to work. If you have an opportunity to work for this company you should take it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Companies. Our community is ready to answer.