Williams International

Williams International Employer Reviews

An interesting place to work.
Field Technical specialist (Current Employee), Walled Lake, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: vacation days and good travel rules
Cons: no pension and limited room for growth
Its a good job that you can learn a great deal of valuable technical skills doing, If you can weather the strange company culture. It is also a small company with limited room for growth.
Gave me what I needed at the time
Cell Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UtahNovember 27, 2013
This job was perfect for me. I was in school for machining and Williams gave me my first opportunity, the crew in the shop was easy to work with. Had it not been for the crash of the market I'm sure I'd still be there.
Great company-no longer in business
Import Specialits (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment, lots of knowledge from the owner
Cons: benefts not that great
I found Williams International to be a great company to work for. A typical day included file logging, data entry to Customs, ETA verification, Customs clearance status, and final delivery confirmation. I learned a lot at Williams International as this was my first job as an import specialist. I was especially ecstatic to work with the owner of the – more... company, who worked in the industry for over 20 years at the time. She was very knowledgeable of importing and exporting and had lots of wisdom to share. My co-workers and I formed a great team. Everyone shared the same zeal for quality work performance and was eager to learn and share new information relating to the industry.

I did not find anything truly hard about the job. The benefits were not that great.. – less
Productive and Fun
Staging Area (Former Employee), Ogden, UtOctober 26, 2013
Pros: working enviroment
Cons: temp position plus layoff thanks to economy back in 08/09
Temp position through Paradigm Solutions Group in draper, ut.
Really enjoyed working this assignment and only wish I was still there. Worked in the Staging Department and really enjoyed it.
Excellent place to work - great co-workers
Ananlyst (Current Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 11, 2012
Management is very accessible and employees are rewarded for their work.
Fun place to work, good supervisors
Jet Engine Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good supervision, benefits, overtime opportunities
Cons: setup of building, layoffs
I enjoyed working at Williams International because there was always something new to do every day. Depending on the day and stage that the engine was at in the assembly line, it was constantly changing. Boredom was seldomly a factor. The set up of the building was a little inconvenient due to the fact that engine build and test was upstairs and test – more... cell was downstairs. The elevator would break frequently and getting the bigger engines downstairs was a difficult task. – less
good medium size aerospace & defense company
Intern (Former Employee), Charter Township of Commerce, MIJuly 16, 2012
Pros: nice work environment (gym, soccer and basketball courts), flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes as an engineer you have to go look around for work for yourself.
I was an intern at Williams International's research and development office in Commerce Township, MI, in the summer of 2011.
The good thing about the company is that employees are allowed some flexibility in their schedule in that all they need is to put in 40 hours per week; it does not matter how they do it. So, they can leave early on some days, – more... then leave late on other days as long as it all adds up to 40 hours, its fine. There is also a gym, basketball, and soccer court available on site for employees to use during their breaks; and before and after work.

The work is from 8am to 5pm with a 1 hours (unpaid) break from 12pm and 1pm. The engineers are separated into different groups who are responsible for different aspects of the products, such as electrical systems team, thermodynamics group, etc. The only bad thing about the job is that sometime engineers from some group may not have enough projects to work on so they have to go around and talk to other groups to try to find some work. Another thing that some people might not like is that not too many overtime hours are allowed – less
Its a good place to work
Experimental Machinist (Former Employee), Walled Lake, MIMarch 28, 2012
Its a good place to work, if you just go there and do your job you will do fine.
buen trabajo
operador cnc (Former Employee), Guaymas, SONMay 25, 2014
Pros: muy buen trabajo
Cons: no tiene
aprendes mucho