Williams International Employee Reviews

High tollerance, High production, High Stress
Ogdan UT.- CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 22, 2016
The Willians-int was good to work for. Management was always helpful, Employees were helpful and friendly. The work place was clean and well organized.
Pros
Good benifits, Company sopnsered activites, Good working enviorment
Racist & Discriminatory
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIMay 17, 2016
I returned to work after maternity leave and was place on a PIP less than 60 days later and that was only used as a paper trail to fire me. I had PPD and management thought the best solution was to fire me.
Pros
the week you get off for Christmas break
Cons
Phoney management. They appear to be warm and caring but are vicious backstabbing gossipers.
Great Place to Work!!

You have great Job Security

Benefits are great
Great!!!!!
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIAugust 3, 2015
Great Job to work at!!!!!!, The CEO is outstanding. Management is one of the best I have ever worked for in the State of Michigan
Benefits
Great Company to Work For
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 11, 2015
Williams International was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. If I had not needed to resign due to a job transfer for my wife, I would have retired from that company. They are fair and a good place to work with excellent benefits.
Great Internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIDecember 31, 2015
They put you on real engineering projects that most of the people there would work on. Some parts can be a real challenge, but you will get the help you need. Really hard working but also very fun group. Productive but rewarding work environment.
Great company-no longer in business
Import Specialits (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2013
I found Williams International to be a great company to work for. A typical day included file logging, data entry to Customs, ETA verification, Customs clearance status, and final delivery confirmation. I learned a lot at Williams International as this was my first job as an import specialist. I was especially ecstatic to work with the owner of the company, who worked in the industry for over 20 years at the time. She was very knowledgeable of importing and exporting and had lots of wisdom to share. My co-workers and I formed a great team. Everyone shared the same zeal for quality work performance and was eager to learn and share new information relating to the industry.

I did not find anything truly hard about the job. The benefits were not that great..
Pros
relaxed environment, lots of knowledge from the owner
Cons
benefts not that great
Fun place to work, good supervisors
Jet Engine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 30, 2012
I enjoyed working at Williams International because there was always something new to do every day. Depending on the day and stage that the engine was at in the assembly line, it was constantly changing. Boredom was seldomly a factor. The set up of the building was a little inconvenient due to the fact that engine build and test was upstairs and test cell was downstairs. The elevator would break frequently and getting the bigger engines downstairs was a difficult task.
Pros
good supervision, benefits, overtime opportunities
Cons
setup of building, layoffs
An interesting place to work.
Field Technical specialist (Current Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIJuly 24, 2014
Its a good job that you can learn a great deal of valuable technical skills doing, If you can weather the strange company culture. It is also a small company with limited room for growth.
Pros
vacation days and good travel rules
Cons
no pension and limited room for growth
Intership while in school.
R&O Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIApril 20, 2015
● Disassembly – Teardown FJ44, FJ33 series engines that come in for overhaul
● Receiving – Receive FJ44 engines from customers, verify parts, initial inspections
● Shipping – Prep and do final inspection on engine. Crate and ship FJ44 engines to customers
● Cleaning – Clean and degrease FJ44, FJ33, F107 engines for main eval inspection
● Building – Building stage rotor turbines and coordinate according to balance mapping
● Inspection – Evaluate the engine parts for airworthiness to correct FAA regulations.
Pros
work with turbine engines
Cons
alot... felt like working in a garage with a bunch of gear heads. not professional at all.
very productive place
Metal Spinning Specialist (Former Employee) –  walled lake MIAugust 4, 2015
Pleasant place to work all very professionals on the own agenda. I recommend to work with professionalism to accomplice your goals and of course to bring the company to a higher level in the aerospace industry.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice work environment with a lot of management control
Senior Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Commerce Twp., MIApril 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with great co-workers, preparing budgets for the Logistics Department and working with other departments to obtain tooling for the field. Also finalized the FJ44 Technical Manual for the Service Stations.
Excellent place to work - great co-workers
Ananlyst (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 11, 2012
Management is very accessible and employees are rewarded for their work.
Excellent place of employment with great people
Help Desk Support-Internship (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIAugust 15, 2014
Williams International was an excellent place for a summer internship and I would gladly continue to work there if I had not moved out of state for school. A typical day consisted of fielding help desk calls and troubleshooting issues with end users. I learned a lot about people skills, interpersonal relationships, and how best to deal with technical issues.
good medium size aerospace & defense company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Commerce, MIJuly 16, 2012
I was an intern at Williams International's research and development office in Commerce Township, MI, in the summer of 2011.
The good thing about the company is that employees are allowed some flexibility in their schedule in that all they need is to put in 40 hours per week; it does not matter how they do it. So, they can leave early on some days, then leave late on other days as long as it all adds up to 40 hours, its fine. There is also a gym, basketball, and soccer court available on site for employees to use during their breaks; and before and after work.

The work is from 8am to 5pm with a 1 hours (unpaid) break from 12pm and 1pm. The engineers are separated into different groups who are responsible for different aspects of the products, such as electrical systems team, thermodynamics group, etc. The only bad thing about the job is that sometime engineers from some group may not have enough projects to work on so they have to go around and talk to other groups to try to find some work. Another thing that some people might not like is that not too many overtime hours are allowed
Pros
nice work environment (gym, soccer and basketball courts), flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes as an engineer you have to go look around for work for yourself.
Productive and Fun
Staging Area (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UtOctober 26, 2013
Temp position through Paradigm Solutions Group in draper, ut.
Really enjoyed working this assignment and only wish I was still there. Worked in the Staging Department and really enjoyed it.
Pros
working enviroment
Cons
temp position plus layoff thanks to economy back in 08/09
Gave me what I needed at the time
Cell Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UtahNovember 27, 2013
This job was perfect for me. I was in school for machining and Williams gave me my first opportunity, the crew in the shop was easy to work with. Had it not been for the crash of the market I'm sure I'd still be there.
Its a good place to work
Experimental Machinist (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIMarch 28, 2012
Its a good place to work, if you just go there and do your job you will do fine.