Williams Lea Employee Reviews

Bad management, clients run operations instead of company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 7, 2017
First of all, Williams Lea is an outsourcing company that employs individuals to work at client sites; culture is always awkward given that fact. Site managers/supervisors don't always have the right direction or resources from upper management, leaving them stranded and at the mercy of the clients. That is not always favorable as clients sometimes expect and intervene more than what is stated in the contract. There's very little guidance and/or support from WL's side as they pretty much allow clients to dictate operations. Teams for the most part feel overworked and underpaid. What's worse, teams feel unappreciated. There is very little opportunity to advance. Job security is not that great given that a contract can end at any term. Pay is low.

The only good thing about the company is that HR is very responsive and act quickly.
Pros
HR is professional and responsive, benefits are at par
Cons
Bad management, no direction, low wages with little to no increases, very hard to advance, US vs. Them atmosphere on most sites
Very fun co workers/Advancement needs improving
Office services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2016
Very fast pace fun environment
Supervisors are motivated in helping your learn more about your job duties even introducing you to different techniques
management needs improving
Really not a lot of chances for raises or advancements
Misogyny in the work place. Poor benefits. No employee rights
Lead Office Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2016
A terrible company to work for. Account Manager was extremely arrogant and misogynistic. Several employees made complaints but nothing was done. Human Resource rep was not helpful and in turn made employees feel they are at fault. Horrible benefits.
Great for first or second job out of college ONLY
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
Pay needs to be better. Little to no chance of advancement for many positions. Little to no chance of advancement for most women, except for a few favorites. Terrible, unclear structure. Managers are usually ineffectual and participate in the rampant favoritism. The usual sexism and racism; sometimes more than the usual depending on who you work with. Some departments will say you're not allowed to work from home...while allowing certain employees to do it.

Pay is on the lower end. No raises at first, then 2% raises for the past 2 years...and that's it. That 2% does nothing, and you get the same no matter your accomplishments. No Christmas bonus, though Williams Lea, non-Tag folks get one. Strangely favoritism is still shown to British employees (Tag started out in England) even though the company has changed hands.

The work itself is fine.

This is a good place for a young person to start out to learn a bit and get a title and a known company name under your belt, but no one should stay longer than a year if they can help it. There have been massive layoffs over the past 2 years and for months there were goodbye drinks for a different person every Friday, so the future looks uncertain.

About 75% of people I know are looking for something else.
Pros
Cookie Wednesdays
Cons
See review
Would be a good place if the money was there and if your located at a good site
Office Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Not a long term place to work. Work there for maybe two years and then get out before you get stuck. The company basically slaves you out to other companies. This company does not have your back or interest in mind.
Pros
you get the benefits of the sites your assigned to
Cons
The pay is garbage for what you hath to do and sacrifice
Productive but not worker friendly
Office Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2016
I'm here because I need a job. I am looking to move on as quickly as possible. The people that I work with are fine but the lack of compensation and the your not valued atmosphere is troubling.
Low pay; terrible upper management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
Just a horrible environment and terrible salary. Stay away from this place! If you go to upper management for something they are condescending and useless. They basically only care about themselves.
The WORST employer I have ever experienced
Office Services Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2016
HR was not on their job. Multiple times I reported to them about unjust treatment I received from my manager. They did not document any of the incidents which made it difficult since they had a revolving door of HR reps I had to keep repeating my concerns to a new person.

Also an employee made racially insensitive remarks to me on three different occasions and when I reported them to my manager I was told, "You just have to ignore people like that." My manager never addressed the issue with our HR department.

The manager was inexperienced and continuously violated policies. Ultimately she was terminated herself. It should have been much sooner than the 5 years I worked at the job due to all of the grievances I reported.

There is no opportunity for advancement unless you relocate. Which also means you will not have much room to grow financially.
Pros
location was convenient
Cons
everything else
Easy going workplace
Mail Room / Supply Room Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022October 27, 2016
Working with Williams Lea was a learning experience for me. A typical day at work for me was walking into every single attorney's office and collecting sensitive documents that needed to be shredded. Once I was finished with that task I would lend a hand in the supply room rushing supplies at the request of the attorneys and secretaries wherever they needed to be. Management was friendly but still stern. Co-workers were all very nice and agreeable people. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be the physical aspect of walking what amounted to I'm sure was over 5 miles a day while pushing a large, wheeled recycling bin given that the firm rented out about 25 floors of the building. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would probably be the interaction I got to have with some of the attorneys because I have always wanted to get into the legal profession.
Great Company
Quality Control Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2016
I've had the opportunity to lead a great team of individuals and develop my skills in the world of eDiscovery. Management and leading people is a great passion of mine and I am looking to further my experience in pursuing future management opportunities.
Pros
Great place for developing expertise in leading a team.
Cons
no room for growth or advancement.

Want to know more about Williams Lea?

Ask a question
It is a professional environment to work in as far as the location and firm but management really need to pick it up
Lead IP Records/Trademark Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2016
Management and communication is a huge deal and needs to happen more. People need to stay more on task and people need to be more accurate because there is always too much of a mix up.
Productive work environment, but not a career-oriented job.
Senior Office Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
You don't get raises, but you get promoted. It will keep you busy, but there is a procedure for every little detail in shipping and receiving.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
No room for growth
good
production resources(lehman Brothers) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
I spent good time doing teamwork. working hours are pretty flexible to me ,management also on top of the game.I worked there for more than 2 years and still missing the atmosphere.
All Negative Reviews are True
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 30, 2016
Management works to keep you down & switching shifts is NOT easy like they make it seem. You'll get written up for the slightest of things, you're not allowed to talk and making friends with coworkers is discouraged. The only way to get ahead is tattling and sucking up to management. They don't work to keep valuable, hard-working employees... Not all accounts are the same, I can only speak for the one I was at, but it was awful.
Pros
No face to face interaction with customers/accounts, etc., you get to listen to music while you work
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, shifts are awful
Not a terrible place to work.
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
The money was good but management was awful! Work was mainly done off-site and management was not equipped to work with and manage department. I would not recommend.
Horrible
supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2015
No chance in advancement, salary raises or and upward movement for careers. New York management holds an unprofessional attitude towards it employees and needs a serious overhaul. I would advise not working for this company.
Good people, cheap company
National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2015
Worked with nice people however the company is way to cheap. Good work life balance but does not compensate very well. Raises are low and room for advancement is limited.
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work started with organizing boxes of files that needed to be transferred into a computer program The company was going paperless We completed the project as the year ended, Unfortunately they were not hiring permanently for data entry operators on a daily basis.
Pros
Great manager and coworkers.
Cons
Not hiring for permanent data entry operators
Family Friendly but Productive
Legal Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 1, 2014
I have worked for this company for two years now. The benefits are phenomenal and I have been covered medically (vision, dental, life, medical, and 401k) without a very high price tag. The training is extensive and most of the things I have learned in that training, I never would have thought existed in those programs. Some parts of the job can be stressful. It depends on what position you apply for. A brand new account is usually stressful for everyone. Management and Supervisor positions can be very stressful at times but very rewarding. I never would have thought I would like this kind of job. But it has turned in to a career path. I love troubleshooting and working with documents. I love the technical aspect along with the processing.
Pros
Hour lunches, breaks every two hours, amazing benefits, great pay
Horrible place to work
Legal Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 10, 2016
Nothing nice to say. The account I work on is nothing but drama. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Pay not enough for the work load and drama you have to deal with on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Lea. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8