Williams Lea Employee Reviews

handled all the indirect taxes for the company
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
The work load was way to much for the number of people they had. When I started I was the only tax person, and the expectations were ridiculous. Only recommend if you needed a job. But the days would go by quickly because of the amount of work.
Pros
Days went by quickly because of the work load
Cons
Poorly run company and managment was incompetent
High pace, constantly on the move.
Senior Mail Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
Learn as much as you can. Continue to strive for more and always take advantage of all the classes that they offer. Always be willing to help out in other areas that you are not associated with. Complete all your training courses that are scheduled for you that year
Pros
Online courses.
Cons
More training courses
friendly place
Senior Office Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
It's ok, long hours, a lot of work and not enough pay, a lot of walking, nice people, a lot of shipments and this is a contract job, you really don't know if you have job security
Good place to get a start
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
For many of our associates this is a great place to start. Advancement is possible within the firm. But that is not the only way people progress, many also seek jobs elsewhere as there skills and desire for advancement grow.
Pros
working with top companies
Cons
very little flexibility on time off
Productive enviornment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2017
WLT provides anyone the opportunity to advance if they are willing to work hard to get it. Nothing is handed to you. The most important quality of any WL employee is to be flexible.
Pros
Great PTO if you employeed longer than 5 yrs
Cons
Depending on the supervisor you life can be wonderful or a nightmare
Standard on site facility
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
Large site with many job duties-brushed up on my management skills and training-great crew to work with-many perks from the client-great client to work with
Wouldn't work here again
Senior Account Executive, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Too many hours. Management is horrid.

My days were too long. I'd eat breakfast there, and dinner was often brought in my management. They knew the hours we worked and didn't care.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Too many to list.
Face paced work environment
Administrative Assistant/Facsimile Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Williams Lea N.Y. is a nice company to work with. Although it was a busy office environment, the manager was really friendly. Williams Lea N.Y. is an outsourcing company with many accounts, in different work fields.
Pros
Great Accounts
Cons
Not Enough Work
Didnt like it
Lead Reprographics Operator (Former Employee) –  599 lexSeptember 19, 2017
They did not care about the staff and williams lea at the shearman and sterling location is the site iam referring to. They picked an choosed who to show special treatment too.
Under new Managment
Baker McKenzie (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2017
Williams is are more interested in profit than employees, The new management came in and said everyone is replaceable.
And My Boss Quit Within two days of their Arrival.
Pros
Cons
Not Flexible at all. Only the Employees are.
Great Place to work and meet new people
Sr. Office Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
The best part of the job is being a team player and being able to get along with everyone. Developed highly empathetic client relations and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard golas
Pros
Cleints love us
Cons
No recognition unless a client sees it and addresses it to management
Interesting to Work for
Document Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2017
Williams Lea is an outsourcing company and I was assigned to Heller Erhman. Generally had a new assignment when the current one ended. As a supervisor I was able to work at home if it was necessary.
Mentally Draining
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Initially great place to work. No movement within management, personal feelings got involved. Demanding clients. Severely underpaid. Prepare to work hard, but no real reward.
Help available if needed
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
A typical day at work was helping the Marketing Managers with their project for Coca-Cola. Everyone was very helpful and kind. My manager was very attentive and had an excellent open door policy.
Pros
Got to work from home.
Cons
Noise in the office
Great Place to work
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 29, 2017
Enjoyed working at Williams Lea. Diversified environment, fair, talent was recognized and utilized. Compensation was as expected as well as raises and bonuses.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Loss of contract, means loss of job
Horrible place to work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. The management abuses, verbally their employees on a daily basis. They don't pay well and if you go over an eight hour day they adjust your time card, without your knowledge, and don't pay you for it.

DON'T EVER WORK HERE
Fast paced environment
Floater (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
As a floater I worked at various sites with a variety of different people. The hardest part of the job was not being able to acclimate to the offices and become part of the team in the various locations I was in.
Pros
I was able to interact with different people every day
Cons
Parking wasn't always paid for and I had to pay out of pocket.
Most unprofessional and rude company I have ever worked for!
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 19, 2017
The management, especially shift leads, will treat you like you're stupid just for asking questions, will talk about you negatively in front of other employees while you are present and expect you to become an expert on all legal documents in just a few months. When they are under pressure from deadlines or other shift's screw-ups, they will take it out on you, especially being a new employee. Everyone talks negatively about everyone behind their backs, even management, and when you first walk in the office to start your shift, no one speaks to you at all probably because you were just being talked about before you walked in which is extremely unprofessional. The employees you work with in New York are incompetent and lazy and get paid more than you do. You are forced to take a horrible shift just to get hired with the promise you can transfer within 6 months but that is not true. Don't let the pay rate and benefits package fool you, I've cried more at this job than ever before. The poor treatment, pressure and anxiety are not worth it! Now I know why the turnover rate is so high.
Pros
Benefits starting 1st of month after hire, decent pay for the area
Cons
Poor management, horrible shifts, deadlines
Great company culture looking to compete globally.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
Great company culture looking to compete globally. Tight knit group of people who work hard and play hard. Room for advancement is there if you work towards it. Many colleagues are right out of College and are hungry for experience!
Fun
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Honored to work and meet allot of professionals.
Although we're were servicing law firms and other nature of corporations, WL kept it's image across the board.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Lea. Our community is ready to answer.