Williams Scotsman Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging, Fun
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 5, 2016
Day at work; Get in early make sure production lines and material were ready for the work day, inspect units, pick out and bring units to production line, estimate costs, time and materials needed.

What Learned; Safety, Lean Practices, think outside the box on projects.

Management: The Area and Service managers were supportive.

Co-Workers; Got along with them no problems, they understood where I stood on company policies.

Hardest Part of the Job; Letting temporary employees go.

Enjoyable part of the job; Being at work.
Pros
Employee incentives to do better.
Cons
nothing comes to mind.
Good Company / Inept Management
SERVICE MANAGER/DISPATCHER/AREA LEAD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 9, 2015
While the company as a whole is very strong, there were several policies and practices in place from upper management that did not benefit the company at certain branch levels.

I really enjoyed my time at Williams Scotsman. My job was good, the people I worked with were okay, and the benefits could not be beat.

However, there is short fuse when it comes to terminating the wrong people. Managers would visit the branch maybe twice a year and would make poor judgement calls based on loose information.
Pros
Great benefits
Chaos Headquarters
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJuly 13, 2016
It's not what you know, it's who you know around there. Supervisors supervising people on jobs that they don't know how to do themselves. Management telling employees that they have to share hotel rooms to save the company money so they can blow hundreds and hundreds of dollars partying. Supervisors telling employees to haul illegal and dangerous loads, stating that they done it a thousand times in other locations so it must be o.k. Being fired for refusing to participate in such activities. Worst place I've ever worked with the absolute least qualified management I've ever seen!
Pros
Money
Cons
Way too many to list
This is a wonderful Site
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 22, 2016
Develop and negotiate contracts and fee proposals with clients and consultants.
Develop space and needs studies, site designs, and develop preliminary project concepts and master plans. Residential Design Concept to Construction Doc’s Coordinate, manage design and construction documents.
Coordinate work of project teams, administer/observe construction, track production costs, and perform job site inspections.
Manage multiple deadlines, attend client meetings and presentations.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
there are no Cons
Very tense working environment
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJAugust 6, 2015
This company has potential to be a very good company to work for and although I have encountered some very nice people while working there, management as well as higher ups could be very rude to the employees which cause a tense working environment that reminded employees of no sense of job security.
Benefits
Cons
Ongoing ethic issues
unsafe place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 23, 2016
worked with out of date machines that were unsafe and had issues every day. very unclean and racist coworkers. management was never around to resolve any issues that needed to be taken care of.
Pros
Cons
unsafe work environment
A Place to build a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2013
I have worked at Williams Scotsman for over 3 years and feel that I can speak to the culture and opportunities this company offers.
Williams Scotsman invests in their employees and promotes from within.
The leadership of the company listens to input from employees and does act to make improvements.
This is a large company and frequently management will make upgrades to under-performing or non-performing positions. I think this grows a culture of accountability and reinforces to the ones that work hard that it does pay off.

The benefits are quite fair and the pay is in line with comparable positions.

All companies have challenges and areas to improve. Williams Scotsman recognizes this need and consistently makes those improvements.

This is a solid place to work that you can be part of a team. If you are looking to just collect a paycheck and fly under the radar, please move on. If you are ready to make a career and be rewarded for your efforts, this is a place to make that happen.
Pros
good compensation. good benefits. energetic culture. opportunity for advancement.
Cons
with so many locations, it can be difficult to get everyone to move in the same direction swiftly.
cdl drivers beware
driver cdl (Former Employee) –  central Islip NYNovember 14, 2014
So I decided to give these guys a chance . The equipment is just OK but safe other then that its a nightmare from the distpacher who has no idea on routes and time frames to the branch manager giving you a sales pitch 19 year veteran of the road here and I have never seen a company run in reverse from the union sites being a non union company lots of wasted time and full of lies if you can get anyone to answer your calls from the field good luck I have never reviewed any place I worked but beware this is a absolute disaster .. They also give your personal number to clients and shoos they owe money to.
Pros
no weekends good benefits
Cons
payroll issues no response from management horrible dispatch
good place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 2, 2016
Very good job to work at. Not temperature controlled.You are mostly outside, so if its cold your cold.If its hot your hot.
Yard tech (Former Employee) –  orlandoJuly 9, 2015
a typical day at work was fun love my job
Did a lot of demolition
got a lot of building experience
have to be able to work without supervision
management
Productive fun team.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 22, 2015
For the most part,inside sales is a close and productive group.
We try to have as much fun as possible while still maintaining a productive work day.
I really enjoy communicating with my customers but wish I had more face to face interaction with them.
My co-workers are incredible and willing to share any knowledge that has been passed down to them.
I wouldn't call it a secure work environment as there have been a lot of cuts made in the past couple of weeks. It is a great company to work for and learn from. I have been very fortunate to have such a strong team behind me.
Pros
Uncapped Commission
Cons
unorganized training process.
Most aspects of the company are fair
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2014
High turn over in management
Inner office moral low
Sales support non-existent

Met some really great people company wide
Comp plan was better then average

Typical day was spent in the field working leads, generating leads and building relationships.
The hardest part of my job was getting inner office support.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my clients.
Pros
some great people, comp plan better then average
Cons
high turn over in management, inner office conflict, sales support non-existent
n/a
Lead Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working there, each day was filled with different things to learn and experience. I learned more customer service skills, the training was very beneficial
High Paced and Rewarding Work environment.
Outside Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Great people who work closely together to achieve a common goal. Learned a lot about being a consultative sales executive.

Most enjoyable aspect of the job is the number of different individuals whom you would meet along the way, from an array of different industries and market segments.

Hardest part of the job would be the consistent turnover of co-workers.
Challenging and rewarding
Operations Manager / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Having a satisified customer at the end of the project is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Typical day at work begins at the office, reviewing the staus of each job, updating the customers, making necessary phone calls to subcontractors and building officals.Next , I perform site visits,observing progress, safety, cleanlines.I return to the office ,update the administrative staff,complete any meeting with staff ,management and customers.
I learned to be an effective manager you must wear my hats.To be a supportive co worker.
The weather creates the hardest part of the job.
Pros
supportive management
Top producer & no recognition
Sales (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 13, 2014
This company is full of high school drop outs and home schooled non-social employees. Management is one sided and they 100% micro-manage the wrong people. The most enjoyable part was the pay. If you can put up with idiots who cannot form a sentence in a customer email, and you want a good paycheck, this job is for you. HR will put up with racism & liars, but you perform in the top percentage... you are gone. Budget cuts and saving money are what they are about. They won't spend money for new equipment or even fixing up existing equipment. No expenses for top customers... don't even think about buying $4 cookies for a key account.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no recognition & they don't care about their customers.
Great Company to work for
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 5, 2014
Competitive salary and pay. Safe and fair work environment. Good company to learn and advance in.
run
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  kearny njApril 6, 2015
just run, micro management and poor leadership is a daily reminder that no one takes responsibility for their actions and pushes the blame to lower management thus setting them up for failure
Pros
people
Cons
upper management
Strict company
technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX.August 5, 2015
Daily safety and production meetings, a high pace environment. For the most part the production and sales teams are great but the lack of leadership affects the work place. There's a high turn over rate for managers.
horrible!!!!
worker (Former Employee) –  st louisJanuary 15, 2015
They want you to be a certified plumber, electrician, HVAC technician and carpenter for $10hr. The manager (Chips) is really rudeand does not care about his employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management and pay

2.8