Williams Scotsman

Williams Scotsman Employee Reviews

run
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee), kearny njApril 6, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: upper management
just run, micro management and poor leadership is a daily reminder that no one takes responsibility for their actions and pushes the blame to lower management thus setting them up for failure
High Paced and Rewarding Work environment.
Outside Sale Representative (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Great people who work closely together to achieve a common goal. Learned a lot about being a consultative sales executive.

Most enjoyable aspect of the job is the number of different individuals whom you would meet along the way, from an array of different industries and market segments.

Hardest part of the job would be the consistent turnover of co-workers.
horrible!!!!
worker (Former Employee), st louisJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: management and pay
They want you to be a certified plumber, electrician, HVAC technician and carpenter for $10hr. The manager (Chips) is really rudeand does not care about his employees.
Most aspects of the company are fair
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2014
Pros: some great people, comp plan better then average
Cons: high turn over in management, inner office conflict, sales support non-existent
High turn over in management
Inner office moral low
Sales support non-existent

Met some really great people company wide
Comp plan was better then average

Typical day was spent in the field working leads, generating leads and building relationships.
The hardest part of my job was getting inner office support.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my clients.
cdl drivers beware
driver cdl (Former Employee), central Islip NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no weekends good benefits
Cons: payroll issues no response from management horrible dispatch
So I decided to give these guys a chance . The equipment is just OK but safe other then that its a nightmare from the distpacher who has no idea on routes and time frames to the branch manager giving you a sales pitch 19 year veteran of the road here and I have never seen a company run in reverse from the union sites being a non union company lots of wasted time and full of lies if you can get anyone to answer your calls from the field good luck I have never reviewed any place I worked but beware this is a absolute disaster .. They also give your personal number to clients and shoos they owe money to.
unhealthy work environment
Branch Administrative Manager (Current Employee), harmans, mdAugust 9, 2014
i don't have anything good to say about my time working with Williams Scotsman so, I would prefer to say nothing at all other than it was a chaotic, unhealthy work environment
Challenging and rewarding
Operations Manager / Project Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: supportive management
Having a satisified customer at the end of the project is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Typical day at work begins at the office, reviewing the staus of each job, updating the customers, making necessary phone calls to subcontractors and building officals.Next , I perform site visits,observing progress, safety, cleanlines.I return to the office ,update the administrative staff,complete any meeting with staff ,management and customers.
I learned to be an effective manager you must wear my hats.To be a supportive co worker.
The weather creates the hardest part of the job.
Top producer & no recognition
Sales (Former Employee), USJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no recognition & they don't care about their customers.
This company is full of high school drop outs and home schooled non-social employees. Management is one sided and they 100% micro-manage the wrong people. The most enjoyable part was the pay. If you can put up with idiots who cannot form a sentence in a customer email, and you want a good paycheck, this job is for you. HR will put up with racism & liars, but you perform in the top percentage... you are gone. Budget cuts and saving money are what they are about. They won't spend money for new equipment or even fixing up existing equipment. No expenses for top customers... don't even think about buying $4 cookies for a key account.
Great Company to work for
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 5, 2014
Competitive salary and pay. Safe and fair work environment. Good company to learn and advance in.
Construction type work environment
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2013
Pros: boring work
Cons: great people
I was responsible to for collecting on past due accounts which I hated. The people were nice and it was very family oriented. I had a great supervisor, Jean.
A Place to build a career
Manager (Current Employee), FloridaOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good compensation. good benefits. energetic culture. opportunity for advancement.
Cons: with so many locations, it can be difficult to get everyone to move in the same direction swiftly.
I have worked at Williams Scotsman for over 3 years and feel that I can speak to the culture and opportunities this company offers.
Williams Scotsman invests in their employees and promotes from within.
The leadership of the company listens to input from employees and does act to make improvements.
This is a large company and frequently management will make upgrades to under-performing or non-performing positions. I think this grows a culture of accountability and reinforces to the ones that work hard that it does pay off.

The benefits are quite fair and the pay is in line with comparable positions.

All companies have challenges and areas to improve. Williams Scotsman recognizes this need and consistently makes those improvements.

This is a solid place to work that you can be part of a team. If you are looking to just collect a paycheck and fly under the radar, please move on. If you are ready to make a career and be rewarded for your efforts, this is a place to make that happen.
DO NOT INTERVIEW HERE!
Mgr. level (Former Employee), Baltimore mdOctober 23, 2013
Pros: none!
Cons: bad interview hr is outsourced!
This company is owned by a firm trying to take it public and wants to underpay all of the workers! They are very clearly not trying to do anything but an IPO!!

Stay away if you are an educated professional looking for a career in anything!
There are better places to work!
Lead Administrator (Former Employee), Henderson, ColoradoJuly 16, 2013
Over worked and underpaid pretty much sums it up. They should pay their people more if they expect them to take on such a heavy work load. There is no way to get your work done in an 8 hour day.
Fun Place to work
Service Administrator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2013
Employees are close to one another. A typical day working here was relaxing, stress free.
I enjoyed the physical work that I preformed.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 29, 2013
This company helped me, not only in repairing things but help out in the future
Do not apply
Service Technician (Current Employee), houston,txOctober 14, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: bad mangement
I started entry level and now i am a crew leader was very well trained by my previous crew leader but after a change in magement methods and supervision the daily work can be compared to a day in prison do not apply unless you need a job there is no risk of losing your job just your dignity
Good pay, terrible area and regional management
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2012
Very political company, its more important to be on the "right" side than to do the right thing. Customers are second with Williams Scotsman as they are gouged for every dime possible when equipment is returned.

About Williams Scotsman

Is your business bursting at the seams? Williams Scotsman will accommodate your needs. The company makes, leases, sells, and manages – Read more