Williamson County Employee Reviews

Typical government work
Personal Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 30, 2014
You had extremely busy times and extreme lag time. Some gossipy co workers who probably has to much time on their hands. Management pretty much has no respect from employees. Pretty much a free for all
benefits
Cons
drama filled office, jealousy, bullying
Very Rewarding Work
Telecommunications Operator II (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 6, 2013
I learned a great deal working as a dispatcher. Every time the phone rang, it was potentially the caller's worst day. That knowledge, along with the opportunity to make any given situation more bearable, can be very humbling.
I enjoyed working in a group of people from many different backgrounds and cultures, and I am still friends with many of them.
The hardest part of this job is also the most enjoyable: helping people through some of the most difficult times they will ever experience.
Hard but rewarding work
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Williamson Co Values dedication, integrity and honesty towards it's employees and to customers both internal and external. The hours are long and it takes almost a miracle to go from the 12 hour night shift to the 12 day shift. Working nights, the work life balance is not in place. Most of my co-workers have positive attitudes but there's always one or two in the bunch that bring the rain clouds with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helped someone in an emergency situation and sometimes you even save lives.
Pros
management is working on better pay, good benefits
Cons
long work hours, no work/life balance
Great working with community
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgetownMarch 3, 2013
The best part is working with the volunteers and clientele, love the agriculture portion of my duties
Lack of advancement opportunities, raises and low morale
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamson CountyNovember 2, 2012
It is unfortunate that being so close to Austin that Williamson doesn't try to compete to keep good employees. The money at Williamson County is okay to start, but you can go several years without any type of raise. If you get one, you are already behind because of cost of living going up. The Commissioner's Court each year try to cut more benefits. Poor management and lack of leadership in some departments make it difficult to work and also, like pay, reduces the morale.

I would think twice about working for Williamson County because of low pay and morale of employees. Go to Travis County where you will earn more money and the Commissioner's Court values their employees.
Pros
good for younger workers just starting out
Cons
lack of raises & advancement opportunities and low employee morale
Fun and rewarding Job
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin TnOctober 28, 2012
Williamson County is great place to work...friendly and helpful co-workers..the only problem with Williamson County is you can't get a 40 hr work week. Driving a school bus is a very rewarding Job ..Just setting a good example for the kids on the bus by showing them respect and receiving it in return...Driving a bus is not work to me because I believe we all can make a difference in someone life.
Criminal Justice System
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 4, 2012
I worked with many different people judges, prosecutors, defense attorney's, customers, defendants etc. I exceled at everything I did and I learned a lot over my 11 years. I worked as a court clerk, receptionist, answered the phone, collections clerk, cashier, scanning coordinator, evidence technician, witness coordinator and TLETS Operator.
Pros
excellent legal experience
Cons
no chance of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williamson County. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2