Williamson County Employee Reviews

easy work and fun people to work with.
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXJune 22, 2017
love the job and would do it again. the people made the job ten times easier because they were very knowledgeable and funny. the pay was good and it helped me learn about the election process.
Hillbilly mecca
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 23, 2017
The people that work for Williamson County are so incompetent it's ridiculous. To much nepotism, stealing, and all around arrogance starting at the top. They're just keeping that good ole boy stuff alive and well, plus the grown men that work there gossip worse than old ladies in a small town.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Your boss will be incompetent
Great Place to Work
Sr. Director of HR (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 7, 2017
The benefits are great and affordable. Even though the County is growing at a record setting pace it still has a small town feel. The Commissioner's Court strives to make the County a good place to work with competitive pay and benefits.
Mismanaged from top down
Williamson County Expo Technician (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXDecember 19, 2016
Top heavy with management that is groveling to a commisioners court. Poor decisions all the way around. Anything that goes wrong due to those decisions are blamed on those that have been ordered to do so. All great suggestions from lower employees are mostly pushed to the side and ignored. Very frustrating place to work. No chance for advancement, very poor pay, illegal overtime, sick leave, and vacation rules. This place really needs a major trimming starting at the top. SOOOO many of the people's tax dollars being wasted, and mostly on the salary of the mis/micromanaging leaders.
It's ok.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 17, 2016
It was a great place to work for awhile, but some things have gone down hill. Through the lack of proper management and none of the animal techs are held accountable for anything the care of the animals is suffering.
Typical government work
Personal Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 30, 2014
You had extremely busy times and extreme lag time. Some gossipy co workers who probably has to much time on their hands. Management pretty much has no respect from employees. Pretty much a free for all
benefits
Cons
drama filled office, jealousy, bullying
Very Rewarding Work
Telecommunications Operator II (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 6, 2013
I learned a great deal working as a dispatcher. Every time the phone rang, it was potentially the caller's worst day. That knowledge, along with the opportunity to make any given situation more bearable, can be very humbling.
I enjoyed working in a group of people from many different backgrounds and cultures, and I am still friends with many of them.
The hardest part of this job is also the most enjoyable: helping people through some of the most difficult times they will ever experience.
Hard but rewarding work
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Williamson Co Values dedication, integrity and honesty towards it's employees and to customers both internal and external. The hours are long and it takes almost a miracle to go from the 12 hour night shift to the 12 day shift. Working nights, the work life balance is not in place. Most of my co-workers have positive attitudes but there's always one or two in the bunch that bring the rain clouds with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helped someone in an emergency situation and sometimes you even save lives.
Pros
management is working on better pay, good benefits
Cons
long work hours, no work/life balance
Great working with community
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgetownMarch 3, 2013
The best part is working with the volunteers and clientele, love the agriculture portion of my duties
Lack of advancement opportunities, raises and low morale
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamson CountyNovember 2, 2012
It is unfortunate that being so close to Austin that Williamson doesn't try to compete to keep good employees. The money at Williamson County is okay to start, but you can go several years without any type of raise. If you get one, you are already behind because of cost of living going up. The Commissioner's Court each year try to cut more benefits. Poor management and lack of leadership in some departments make it difficult to work and also, like pay, reduces the morale.

I would think twice about working for Williamson County because of low pay and morale of employees. Go to Travis County where you will earn more money and the Commissioner's Court values their employees.
Pros
good for younger workers just starting out
Cons
lack of raises & advancement opportunities and low employee morale

Want to know more about Williamson County?

Ask a question
Fun and rewarding Job
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin TnOctober 28, 2012
Williamson County is great place to work...friendly and helpful co-workers..the only problem with Williamson County is you can't get a 40 hr work week. Driving a school bus is a very rewarding Job ..Just setting a good example for the kids on the bus by showing them respect and receiving it in return...Driving a bus is not work to me because I believe we all can make a difference in someone life.
Criminal Justice System
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 4, 2012
I worked with many different people judges, prosecutors, defense attorney's, customers, defendants etc. I exceled at everything I did and I learned a lot over my 11 years. I worked as a court clerk, receptionist, answered the phone, collections clerk, cashier, scanning coordinator, evidence technician, witness coordinator and TLETS Operator.
Pros
excellent legal experience
Cons
no chance of advancement