Williamson Medical Center

Williamson Medical Center Employer Reviews

Budget cuts
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: low pay. no cafeteria for night shift. not enough staff for assistance.
Budget cuts have forced nurses to take more patients with less time per patient.
Managment has an "open door policy" with closed doors.
Morale is at an all time low.
Nurses have greater patient load, sometimes without the assistance of a Nurse Tech.
Primary Care
Receptionist for Primary Care (Former Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor management
I answered the phones, directed the calls. Handled billing questions and a lot of patient needs and issues. I scheduled patients for appointments and sent out referrals.
Wonderful place to work!
RN, PRN (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: can't think of any!
There is just a "feeling" when you walk into the building, different from other facilities I have worked in the past. You frequently encounter employees in all areas of the hospital who have worked there for over twenty years. That speaks for itself. Very low turnover rate. Much better nurse to patient ratio than any hospital I have ever worked for. – more... Management very supportive, help out when you're really busy (who does that anymore?) – less
Great paying, great management / staff relations, clean / fun work atmosphere.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, meal plan, discount movie tickets, free parking etc.
Cons: hospitals never close, the show must always go on. this is the nature of the job.
Upon arrival, greeting staff, making sure they have the things needed to do their jobs. Supervising and assisting if need be to insure that quality great tasting food / meals were served in our café and to our patients. Our café was like a restaurant that just happened to be inside a hospital. I over saw all production staff and procurement of goods – more... needed for our department to function. I was allowed to manage and was not micro-managed. The hardest part of my job was the 4am cooks shift when I was short man power and could not find coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and when a dish / menu / plan came together. We had fun, we were like family. A happy employee is always more productive. – less
Love WMC
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Frankilin, TNApril 4, 2014
Great people, great medical center!

I got to work with a passionate and talented marketing team.
Great Place to Work
Lead NICU RRT (Former Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 7, 2014
Everyone is friendly and work environment is awesome! I would highly recommend this organization to anyone!
Great people, nice place
Paramedic (Former Employee), Franklin TNDecember 3, 2013
A lot of good people, sometimes hampered by management at the hospital level.
Great place to grow
Network Architect (Current Employee), Franklin, TNNovember 8, 2013
I work with great people that are focused on doing a good job the first time.
Company has every thing to offer except good management and fairness :-(
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: co workers very friendly, benefits are great.
Cons: poor management
Having an opportunity to be employed by a company with their benefits was great. However, the management was not fair to their employees, not treated fairly as a department, departments did not exercise the rules with each employee as the supervisor can make elective decisions to allow/disallow/manage an employees company benefits such as personal time – more... off, not enough communication that keeps a contstant rumble between coworkers steady. Results in a negative work environment. Very unfortunate as my co-workers were amazing and we have been identified by ONE of the 6 active Directors in 6 years that we actually ran the departent ourself. Large turn over in directors. Employees are definitely not treated the same across the board. Conversations with your supervisor not confidential and they DO NOT get along with each other at all. They are very intimidated by each other. You're better off working with in your co-workers for resoluation vs consulting with a supervisor. They are not management material. However, there is ONE this is amazing. She is very aware and capable of supervising the ENTIRE department with a well rounded, professional attitude and treats everyone the same.
It''s really a shame because I loved what I did and recognized as a great employee. It was simply the ongoing harrassment and unfairness that resulted in my simply walking away after many attempts to seek resolution in professional manner. – less
Williamson Medical Center is a growing health facility,top of the line doctors .
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin TnJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: being the front desk receptionist meant meeting many people and meeting their needs.
Cons: witnessing people i knew struggle with illness and sometimes death.
I loved working with patients,hospitals,doctors and all others who needed medical records to further help with patient care. Willamson was growing leaps and bounds and is a top notch medical center.
Great co-workers and good breakfasts in cafeteria.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: long hours.
Times were busy in the ER. Lots of patients with lots of problems. Enjoyed helping patients and families in stress filled situations. My co-workers were all very good.
Fast paced, enjoyable workplace
Emergency Admitting Registrar (Former Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 20, 2012
Pros: helping people everyday
Cons: never knowing when you were going to get a break
Everyday was different. I learned to always expect the unexpected. Extrodinary management. Wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of my job was seeing children injured. The best part was helping someone who was scared or worried.
Productive and benifcial place to work where patients come first and the well being of employees
Echo Techologist PRN (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 25, 2012
Pros: adequate staffing, training, family atmosphere
Cons: not enough work hours
Performed testing on both in/out patients,edited and pre-reviewed reports for physicians, teamwork with the ragiology staff including radiologists and cardiologists. Recieved inhouse and outside training to effectively perform in our designated area.
The hardest part of this job is lack of work to maintain work hours.
One of better paying employers in that small city.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 17, 2012
Co-workers in the department were professional, good team players and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was not being able to always communicate effectively with diverse cultures. Telephone interpreters were used when needed. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was approving financial applications and notifying patients.
really great little hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 5, 2012
Overall this hospital is nice if you live close and want the convenience of a hospital job nearby. Because it is small, you can build relationships with employees of different departments easier all working toward a common goal, which is the care of the patient.