Willis Group Employee Reviews

productive way to ensure the customers had what they need and provide excellent customer service skills
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mardela Springs, MDDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Willis Group it was a very friendly environment I got to meet many regular customers that would come in looking for me on a regular basis. I got to meet many new people and there needs when they needed to met and on time.
Just a number...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 14, 2016
Job security is an issue with constant aquisitions. Offices are sold and the new company that comes in downsizes, immediately. Willis makes no effort to offer placement at other locations for effected employees despite their outside job postings which indicate openings exist. Favoritism is definitely an issue, as well, and opportunities for advancement are not available.
Not Place to Be Right Now
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
Willis is not the place to be right now. It is a company in transition. New leadership is trying to make the company smaller, but the acquisition of Towers Watson changed that. Now the company is bigger but to no benefit to the employees. Associates are constantly uncertain of their futures. There have been no raises or bonuses handed out for nearly the last five years. Management does not take care of its people. Morale is low. People are looking to leave all the time. Workloads increase but pay does not.
Pros
Nice office, nice people
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, no raises/bonuses
Poor human talent management and obvious favoritism
Insurance Program (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 25, 2015
There is no advancement at this location; unless you are a favorite! So if you are, they will happily move you ahead of others. It is plain to see - several employees have different schedules, some work from home and if you need to have your schedule modified for personal reasons, they will not accommodate you. There is no proficient management and the place lacks positive morale. The pay is little and they work you to the ground. If you get more designations (they force you to) they will not pay you more after you get one either. Salaries amongst workers doing a similar job is all over the place. Overall, the worker bees are pretty awesome but, one word of caution: If you get a job at this office, know you will be stressed out, might experience bullying and will not move into different roles easily.
Great Company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2015
Enjoyed my time with Willis. It was an opportunity to grow both my training and experience as well as develop excellent customer service.
Insurance Broker
Senior Risk Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCOctober 20, 2015
This was the ACADEMI insurance broker and during a merger ACADEMI had my position with them and salary taken over by Willis. My job duties did not change until right around the time I left Willis.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Communication and boss were very poor and difficult to work with.
A productive and great work environment with a great group of professional workers
Account Processor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2015
The Willis Group is a great company to work for they have an excellent and professional staff. I am a proud worker of the Willis Group 5 stars.
Pros
A great atmophere to work, outstanding mangament, 2 thumbs up to my managers
Cons
I love everything about my position
Deflating work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Scale of 1 to 10 rating is a 4. Lack of company culture, low employee moral and sub par upper management. Pending merger with Towers.

Great location, very nice office.
Fast paced financial instituition
Group Head, Global Compensation and Benefits (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
challenging but good place to work. Reasonably flexible with work location situations. company seems to be on the right track.
No Advancement for Executive level personnel
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Great company to work at but where you enter is where you will stay! NO growth or upward mobility.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No Growth
Contract Position
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 30, 2014
Worked for the Claims Administrative Office
Contract Position
Review
Assistant Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2014
-Contractor Enrollments
-Contractor Cost of Insurance
-Policy Checking
-Open Items List
-Policy Expiration List
-Biweekly status updates
Excellent company to work for.
Human Resource/Licensing Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJuly 7, 2012
Willis gave me an excellent opportunity to grow. Management was good; co-workers great. There's a wonderful teamwork approach.
Pros
i managed my own desk.
Cons
health benefits were not the best.