Willis North America

Willis North America Employer Reviews

Terrible....
Certificate Processor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
Cons: terrible place to work
They don't pay you and will get rid of you in a hurry. Terrible environment.
Great company, a lot of good people work there.
Finance Director for Specialty Business Practices (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2014
Learned a lot from the different opportunities I was afforded. The people there are not only open to learning themselves, but are happy to teach and help to grow the people they work with.
Service Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2014
Have learned alot at this company. It is a great corporate job.
Its just okay
Assistant Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), USAApril 9, 2013
Pros: lots of vacation time, sick time
Cons: favoritism, management does not care about you unless you are a producer, they say they promote from within but they already know who they want to promote, bonuses are just okay, everything is tied to how many accounts you have, one account= bonuses are small raises were almost non-existent, training is non-existent.
I cant say I learned much as they failed to train me on anything while others came in the door with less experience and more opportunity. Management barely talk to you. Coworkers are okay. Lots of monotony.
Silo Management
Employee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 7, 2013
Pros: free coffee and joe plumeri is gone
Cons: management
How Willis survives in the market with the management in place is bewildering. Most employees after finding out there is no upper mobility either relax in hopes of retiring or move on to greener pastures. Management is intelligent and knows the industry; leading people and recruiting a strong workforce is the greatest weakness. We all know changes are iminent in the workplace, Willis has a revolving door of changes and no one knows if they are coming or going. The people are the asset and after close to 10 years that will be missed; the leadership or lack thereof will always keep Willis 3rd in the industry and a top buyout option for a better run company.
Flexiable schedule for the most part...I reported to NY & Tennessee managers, sometimes we had early days on or before holidays, the atmosphere bad!
Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2013
Pros: flex time, sometimes early release, and free lunches.
Cons: heavily monitoring and too many managers trying to micro-manage
I basically loved my job there was a lot of hard work to it and too many managers trying to micro-manage the Business Development Division. We were spread throughout the U.S. and my territory was the South Central Part of the U.S. then others heard of my abilities and I was being strung throughout assisting producers as requested.

The company is not loyal to their employees and the atmosphere was one of constantly being watched and monitored and fear was their motivator of choice. FEAR of being axed at any second. It was too much!
Willis is a Multinternational Insurance Brokerage
Technical Assistant - Executive Risks Practice (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 15, 2013
Provide administrative office support to Senior Vice President, Vice President

Provide administrative office support to 4 Brokers
Great Place to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits, caring managers
Cons: they moved out of rochester
Willis is a wonderful company that takes care of their employees. I wish I had stayed with them but they moved out of the Rochester area after I left so I wouldn't have had a job anyway.