Willis North America Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of changes but a tight-knit team
Brokerage & Agent Management/Employee Benefit Team (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2016
My team was highly specialized, managing Group Benefits for Trusts in three states. Our main customer was in OR, WA and AK. The office I worked for was probably one of the smaller offices of the company so it is challenging to review the company as a whole. Our office had a lot of changes in other areas going on, which our team was not impacted by. On the local level, our team worked well together, and communication was great. Since we were so specialized, a lot of the reporting was done at the local level, processes and systems were developed by our team, and anything our customers needed were produced by us. We traveled often to visit our customers and having multiple opportunities to be customer-facing is what kept our team and company first choice when it came to renewals and retention.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Corporate not involved enough
Professional environment, respect for co-workers, communication with clients
Claim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2015
Report and monitor Claims involving all Property and Casualty lines of coverage as well as Executive Risk allegations in a professional work environment in Nashville and the retail offices across America.
Pros
Health benefits/401K/; covered parking, vacation weeks
Cons
The decision to move jobs to India
Productive, everyday deadlines, working with all levels of management
Senior Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2015
Check e mails and respond as needed, check to see what needs to be processed in the system. With this job you really need to know how to multi task and switch gears. Able to work with all levels of management and also your associates. Also, most of all be able to meet deadlines and that your work is correct and accurate.
Terrible....
Certificate Processor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
They don't pay you and will get rid of you in a hurry. Terrible environment.
Cons
terrible place to work
Great company, a lot of good people work there.
Finance Director for Specialty Business Practices (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2014
Learned a lot from the different opportunities I was afforded. The people there are not only open to learning themselves, but are happy to teach and help to grow the people they work with.
Service Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2014
Have learned alot at this company. It is a great corporate job.
Its just okay
Assistant Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  USAApril 9, 2013
I cant say I learned much as they failed to train me on anything while others came in the door with less experience and more opportunity. Management barely talk to you. Coworkers are okay. Lots of monotony.
Pros
lots of vacation time, sick time
Cons
favoritism, management does not care about you unless you are a producer, they say they promote from within but they already know who they want to promote, bonuses are just okay, everything is tied to how many accounts you have, one account= bonuses are small raises were almost non-existent, training is non-existent.
Silo Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 7, 2013
How Willis survives in the market with the management in place is bewildering. Most employees after finding out there is no upper mobility either relax in hopes of retiring or move on to greener pastures. Management is intelligent and knows the industry; leading people and recruiting a strong workforce is the greatest weakness. We all know changes are iminent in the workplace, Willis has a revolving door of changes and no one knows if they are coming or going. The people are the asset and after close to 10 years that will be missed; the leadership or lack thereof will always keep Willis 3rd in the industry and a top buyout option for a better run company.
Pros
free coffee and joe plumeri is gone
Cons
management
Flexiable schedule for the most part...I reported to NY & Tennessee managers, sometimes we had early days on or before holidays, the atmosphere bad!
Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2013
I basically loved my job there was a lot of hard work to it and too many managers trying to micro-manage the Business Development Division. We were spread throughout the U.S. and my territory was the South Central Part of the U.S. then others heard of my abilities and I was being strung throughout assisting producers as requested.

The company is not loyal to their employees and the atmosphere was one of constantly being watched and monitored and fear was their motivator of choice. FEAR of being axed at any second. It was too much!
Pros
flex time, sometimes early release, and free lunches.
Cons
heavily monitoring and too many managers trying to micro-manage
Willis is a Multinternational Insurance Brokerage
Technical Assistant - Executive Risks Practice (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 15, 2013
Provide administrative office support to Senior Vice President, Vice President

Provide administrative office support to 4 Brokers

Want to know more about Willis North America?

Ask a question
Great Place to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2012
Willis is a wonderful company that takes care of their employees. I wish I had stayed with them but they moved out of the Rochester area after I left so I wouldn't have had a job anyway.
Pros
great benefits, caring managers
Cons
they moved out of rochester

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4