Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews in United States

Run
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2016
They will bring you in and let you go. They did it to me twice. One week after letting 20 people go they are hiring again. I asked not to be blindsided and that is exactly what they did.
Cons
temp position, they lie
Loved the work environment, no benefits
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 28, 2016
I loved working there... The only problem is that no benefits are offered unless you are chosen to be permanent. Some of my co-workers were working there 18 months or more with no benefits because they were still considered temp.
Best of the best work environment
Application Data Processor / Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 21, 2016
Absolute positive work environment with a great staff from the HR to the trainers, supervisors and coworkers. I have learned patience gets you through a lot. The hardest part of the job was leaving a great supervisor once I was moved to another position.
Pros
Always some exciting challenges and the bonuses
Cons
Not a place for people who have families
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2016
Bait and switch is what happened to me. The person who interviewed me and offered me the job was not my manager. I showed up on Day 1 and was told this is so in so your manager. Huh?

Also I was told I would manage 5 people. I showed up on Day 1 and it was not the case. I manage a process not people. I was told the company is flexible with hours it isn't.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Great company to work for
Director, Talent & Rewards (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
A perfect workplace to start & advance your career, full of intelligent people. One of the best HR consultancies in the world.
Great place to work.
Logistics Coordinator/Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Good management with easy access to direct manager. Ability to move within the company is encouraged. Very professional work environment and friendly co-workers.
Great co-workers
Pension and Health & Welfare Benefits CSR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Management is great. They are always there to help you and answer your questions. Work-life balance is great as well. The turnover rate as a CSR is very high, so do not expect to make too many life long friends.

The work environment is very open which is a good thing, pretty much every manager/team lead/ supervisor has an open door policy. However, sitting in a cubical all day in front of a computer screen is not ideal, at least for me.

The office is great. Free pop, popcorn, other food. You will never go Hungry at WTW.
Pros
free drinks and food
Cons
short breaks, sometimes under staffed
nice
Medicare Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  seatleFebruary 26, 2016
fun old company values. lots of overtime. nice benefits, fun to work for. likes diversity. lots of coffee and sugar. free too
If you have no life and love to work, this job's for you!
Lead Benefits Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2016
No work life balance. Unrealistic expectations and workloads. Work you put in isn't worth the pay. When someone leaves, you inherit their work for long periods (months) before the open position will be filled.
Pros
Utilizes latest technology
Cons
You're so busy that going to the restroom can be a challenge
Energetic Environment
License Benefit Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 2, 2016
There was always someone willing to help with a question or concern that someone had. They also provided great lunch and bonuses.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Temporary Assignment
It's the people
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Great atmosphere to work at. The people, regardless the position or the department, were excellent to work for and with.
Pros
Complementary coffee, tea, soda
Cons
Distance
Great place to learn
Compensation Analyst Internship (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I did a summer internship with Towers Watson and loved it! The office is a laid-back/casual environment with friendly people. My supervisor(s) were always available to answer my questions and help me learn. Even other workers who were no doing the same line of work were extremely friendly and always offered to answer questions/help. You can tell the company cares about their employees growth. The higher-up's often stressed how much they appreciate their interns, which I thought was nice since not many interns at other companies receive such notable recognition. This position involves analyzing data on a day to day basis which can be boring for some people with a lot of energy, but you do get to speak with clients and occasionally meet with coworkers on your "team"--so your days are always busy. I highly recommend working for this company, I was very happy with my experience!
Pros
Competitive pay, great atmosphere, friendly workers, great management
Application Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Its a Nice Place to work and I enjoy the Knowledge they Provide in Medicare. Willis Towers Watson Is Amazing. The Application Data Input Specialist is responsible for the intake and processing of Medicare Enrollment applications. The Specialist works with the participant to accurately complete insurance applications while ensuring all government and insurance carrier compliance regulations are met.
Pros
Alot Of Knowledge I Enjoyed
Cons
Short Lunch
Towers Watson is a good company to work for.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I would come into the office, log on to my system and set up the for any overnight changes. I then would set up my phone line to be open for acceptance. I then would answer the calls and answer all the calls that were asked of me. I would also make the necessary changes as they were needed according to each call. Finally, I would note each call after it ended.
A day at Towers Watson
Application Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2015
Speak with retirees. Complete their enrollments. Its a good job, But stressful. Alot of the retirees don't like the process they have to go thru
Pros
Free food
Cons
short breaks, Seasonal
Great work environment and excellent management
Cash Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2015
Employees worked as a team to collectively complete the task. Flexible work schedule. Good compensation and benefits. Most enjoyable job of my career.
Pros
Flexible work scheduld
Cons
Outsourcing
Very flexible work environment
Benefits System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2015
A very organized company where you can grow as an individual as well as become an exceptional employee. They offer a ton of training classes through SharePoint. They meet your needs as an employer. They provide WFH possibilities in case of a family emergency.
Fast paced learning enviroment
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2015
There are many advancement opportunities with Towers Watson, you can be a phone agent one season and a trainer the next. Plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No health insurance for seasonal employees
Good culture and Environment
Senior Pension Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2015
Good culture and environment.
Good work and life balance.
Good career prospect.
Possibility to transfer within different departments or to a different office.
Best Work Place
Administrative Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MONovember 13, 2015
Overall the best work environments. The management and co-workers are highly skilled, very intelligent people who never look down on individuals who were not as skilled as them. There wasn't anything I didn't like about that job. Loved it!