Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Great compensation. Not a great fit for work-life balance
Service Center (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 27, 2017
The teams at Towers Watson are filled with high-performers. You learn a lot from your colleagues and are able to take those skills with you.

However, this is not a place that supports a very positive work-life balance. It is very much a corporate culture place and you are expected to be available at all times. I had seen several instances where individuals took calls while on PTO or were expected to. If you love sales and service work, maybe this doesn't matter. For people like me that don't live to work this is a tough realization.

Additionally, there is a heavy workload for each role within the organization which means that resources are often tight and it can be very stressful with multiple deadlines to manage.
Pros
high performing colleagues, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
live to work culture, poor team environment
Great place to develop skills
Pension Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2017
Willis Towers Watson was a great experience. I learned and developed both technical as well personal skills. The San Francisco office works closely with offices on the East coast making deadlines challenging.
Enjoyable job with opportunity for advancement
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Towers Watson and, more importantly, I learned a lot. The job I was employed for was not one that I wanted to spend my life doing, but the skills and knowledge that I acquired while working at Towers Watson will serve me for the rest of my career.
Pros
Free Sodas and Coffee in the Break room, Free food events every two weeks or so
Cons
If you start out as a temp it may take over a year for you to be brought on full time
Nice Place
Commercial Client Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2017
Nice Place to work. I would recommend it to anyone entering the commercial insurance industry. Good Benefits and work/life consideration. As with any organization, there are areas of opportunity.
Okay place to work.
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 18, 2017
Typical job issues. My position was seasonal so..... Not micro-managed that's always a plus. It was a good position to use for transition into a higher paying job.
Fast Paced
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 15, 2017
The pay was good for this job. It was temp-to-hire. Make sure you are there everyday, they take attendance very serious. Also training process was cramped into a shorter period of time.
Easy to burn out
Pension Benefits Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2017
There are high time commitment expectations for minimal compensation. Minimal raises and unfortunately, there are limited growth opportunities in some departments.
Large firm with alot of resources
Client Manager, Health and Benefits Division (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2017
Day to day service of clients to help manage their employee benefits. This includes assisting with financial meetings, enrollment planning, certificate review, benchmark surveys and carrier negotiations.
Difficult company culture
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2017
The company recently went through a merger which has created many challenges that the company will need to learn how to adapt to. There are still many areas of the business that need to be focused on as well as how to accommodate the new changes in structure.
Pros
Free lunch and learns
Productive fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 13, 2017
Typical day at work is answer phones and set up meetings for the conference rooms and order lunch if needed. the workplace culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great co workers, the hardest part is dealing with rude people.
Pros
Healthcare
Productive and enjoyable work place with flexible hours
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at Willis Towers Watson required my colleagues and I to analyze and manipulate data from over 1000 fortune companies. I learned how to use Microsoft excel, outlook, and access extensively. Additionally, I was able to experience a closer look on how to work with clients in order to satisfy their experience with Willis Towers Watson. The management was very flexible as old interns, and current employees were always available to give helpful feedback. The workplace culture was full of employees that are a similar age to mine and everyone was able to get along well. The hardest part of the job was taking on big companies as analyzing their data took almost a full day of work. As well as, dealing with some clients on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have flexible hours throughout the week. Whereas one day you could only squeeze in six hours, the next you were able to make up for that and work ten hours.
Pros
Cafeteria, Work hours
Cons
Monthly Parking Fee
Great people, long hours
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 4, 2017
High expectations, long hours, but really fun people to work with. Flexible schedule, lots of perks like free coffee, popcorn, oatmeal, soda. Small company feel at a large corporation.
Client Services Specialist
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2017
Responsible for local/global account management service with commercial lines services, such as endorsements, billing, marketing, placement, quoting, data entry, audits, policy checks, etc....
Significant Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Organization
Vice President Sales & Practice Leader (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2017
Expanding organization with recent merger of consulting capabilities and brokerage capabilities of combined companies. Unique opportunities for growth and talent development within majority of their areas of focus and practice specialties. Very talented leadership and vision. Quality of culture to be determined with the combining of the two companies and their unique backgrounds.
Great place to grow, easy to get burned out
Executive Compensation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Relatively flat org structure makes it easy to find professional development opportunities, but this is offset by a lack of work-life balance, depending on which team you are on. Because it's client-driven work and you're evaluated on billable hours, there is a culture of being on-call to meet client demands and reach internal hours/sales goals. Some team leaders are better than others at maintaining a balance, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
Pros
Good benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Workaholic culture
Very engaged Employer
PENSION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The culture is a teamwork environment where everyone helps everyone. I learned alot about Pensions and how companies retirement programs. The most enjoyable part about my job here was speaking with people to initiate their retirement. It motivated me to keep and eye on my retirement.
Pros
Very Laid Back
Cons
Great Distance
Work Environment
Benefit Advisor (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The work environment is awesome. Great people to work with, flexibility with schedule. The hardest part is when the season ends.
Some company events, but poor comradery.
Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 14, 2017
The talent reward syatem is quite biased.
Upper management fails to reward those below a certail
pay ggrade. Advancement is not really offered to those
below specific pay grades.
flexibe working cutlture
Sr.QA analyst/Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
good place to work and flexible hours . work life balance is strictly implemented. Management is good but needs to be still improved .
Rewarding position with great organization.
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 5, 2017
If I wasn't relocating, I would absolutely stay in my present position. I love my clients, I love the producer I work with, and feel that I work in a very rewarding position.

My current clients are primarily non-profits that do drug and alcohol treatment, homeless veteran programs, and work release.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

85%