Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Overall I was ready to leave.
Special Situations Team Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Overall I would not focus on a career here. If job security is what you are looking for this is not the place. You can do an amazing job as far as productivity and still be laid off due to business needs.
Pros
They often compensated food.
Cons
No job security
Great job, customer Demographic is difficult to deal with
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I worked at WTW a couple of seasons back, and while i really enjoyed the people i worked with, i did not enjoy dealing with the customer base.I found it very difficult dealing with callers during the time i worked there, and i've worked in several Healthcare based call centers before.You really have to watch how you say things to an older demographic, which can make it somewhat difficult to communicate with callers. but if you can get past that hurdle, amazing place to work. No benefits for seasonal pay, but consistent steady hours, and great work enviorment with both supervisors and other employees,
Pros
Great pay, employees and management are great
Cons
No benefits for seasonal work, Customer demographic difficult to talk to
Great Job
Licensed Benefit Advisor-InfoSource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I love working for this company. It is a dominant company to work for and really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this company. If you would like a position here just apply it will give you all the experience you need in the insurance industry.
Great Place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The merger changed some things, but it used to be a great place to work. Fast-paced with a learning environment. We had an amazing reputation for really knowing our jobs and presenting well to our clients. Awesome management and room to grow.
Great Place to work
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Awesome place to work!!! I learned very much working here. Team work is great!!!! I've had a positive experience here. Unfortunately, it's been difficult for me to transition into different roles- that's why I'm looking for an opportunity elsewhere.Able to meet and speak to many great individuals throughout my work day. Always giving having positive outlooks on the day.
Pros
Great management
Cons
no bonuses
dull environment
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2018
The environment is based around flexible working seasons. this company is great for people to advance but the starting positions are demoralizing and childish. No respect is given to the employee
Great
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 14, 2018
This is the best job I have ever had. The job is very laid back and flexible. I enjoyed working there. my supervisors were easy to talk to. It is easy to climb the ladder at Willis Towers Watson.
Pros
If you take public transportation they have a shuttle to take you to and from the train station
Cons
No where to get a good lunch unless you have a car
Great Atmosphere
Pension Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTJanuary 12, 2018
Awesome managers and co-workers, great learning environment and ongoing training to help continually develop skills. This was the first place I've ever worked where they truly meant it when they said they have an open door policy. I never felt as if I couldn't go to my managers with anything and they never once seemed annoyed at interruptions or requests for help. They were always very patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. When they provided feedback on your performance each month, they were great at providing constructive criticism and would actually coach you about your mistakes so they could suggest better tactics. I was really sad to go when my contract ended, I loved it there and miss my team.
Cons
Productive and great place to work. Provided great training.
Benefits Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Fast paced environment. Quality rather than quantity emphasized in regards to inbound telephone calls. Company provided free beverages ie. coffee, tea, juice, soda etc Good workplace environment and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Provided free beverages.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Need to improve work life balance
Vice President, FINEX Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2018
After 8 years I opted to secure improvement in my work life balance and resigned my position. In the future I seek to become part of a vibrant team that serves puts clients ahead of corporation.

Want to know more about Willis Towers Watson?

Ask a question
An awesome atmosphere
Receptionist (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Willis has great employees and plenty of space to grow. Laid back atmosphere. And a great team of people always willing to help. I would love to grow in the company and make it a career.
It's Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 6, 2018
The company pays decently with most positions offering a monthly bonus based on performance. However it takes a long time to advance in the company. It's all about who you know, not what you know. Which leads to very poor management. The biggest problem is that no one seems to be on the same page about work policies for employees or customers. No one seems to really know what's going on and is very inconsistent.
Fas tpaced; cut throat
Freelance Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2018
contractors do not get clear goals recognized. Constant feedback from associates stating the extremely slow advancement process for employment advancement.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
contractors receive zero benefits
It was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 2, 2018
It was a good place to work but taking over 4 years to become permanent was not worth the pay or the rude customers I dealt with on daily basis. Several customers are nice and thoughtful others just are not worth the stress they put on you to be a robot.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, over crowded lunch rooms, taking forever to become perm since you are only hired as seasonal.
Good Place to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Willis Towers Watson is a great place to work. I love it here because I get base pay and I also get a bonus as well once I meet my requirements. The Company itself has overtime for certain departments but the area I am in does not offer unless the call volume is high for Service.
Prestigious consulting firm, great experience, but lack of advancement opportunity
Senior Consultant, Talent & Rewards (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
The company does not necessarily practice what they preach, i.e. they sell great advice to clients that they do not implement. Pay is sub-par, bonuses are most often not fully funded, and advancement is possible only if the right people like you. The best part of the job is the ability to work on interesting projects with interesting clients, to work autonomously and have complete flexibility (working from home, etc.). However, it is easy to be blacklisted there if you make one small mistake, or if leaders happen to not approve of your personality.
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, interesting work, smart colleagues
Cons
Poor leadership, micromanaging, lack of advancement opportunities, too political
Good coworkers, excellent benefits, bad management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2017
Management is overbearing and incredibly critical.
Company is very hush hush.
PTO is excellent as are benefits
Retirement match is decent
Definitely the best place to do call center work
Pros
PTO is generous
Cons
overbearing management
Revolving Door
REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2017
Willis Towers Watson is the company for you if you like working in an atmosphere of your co-workers (or yourself) being here one day and gone the next.

I was given way too much of a workload and didn't want to spend the 55-60 hours each week it would have taken to get everything done.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
No stability. Management inexperienced. Morale low
Working for Willis Towers Watso was like living in the world of Atlas Shrugged.
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 21, 2017
Willis Towers Watson is a dystopian workplace with producers that sell insurance policies at the bottom of the food chain, and moochers who have advanced up the food chain. They don’t sell, produce, or bring in money for the company.

Willis is always disorganized and changing; this is how moochers and managers measure their progress and justify their existence.

HR just introduced an innovative version of Stack Ranking, which has been dropped by Microsoft and other companies.

Working for Willis was like living in the world of Atlas Shrugged.
Pros
group health plan
Cons
cya culture
Productive and ethusiastic workplace
Offline Email/Special Projects CSR (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTDecember 19, 2017
I really love Willis Towers Watson OneExchange and love the supervisors and managers, however, the lack of Job Security is scary at times since once the season ends people start getting laid off. IT is very competitive and could be a lasting job but when you have a family to take care its a little scary since majority of positions are seasonal.
Pros
Pot lucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.