Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Customer Service Rep II - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2016
Great place to work for students are younger people. During open enrollment the environment can be intense. No benefits and hard to become a perm employee, but the perks are free coffee and or tea
Pros
Helping the Elder
Cons
Will never be perm and 1 hour travel time to and from home.
Application Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Its a Nice Place to work and I enjoy the Knowledge they Provide in Medicare. Willis Towers Watson Is Amazing. The Application Data Input Specialist is responsible for the intake and processing of Medicare Enrollment applications. The Specialist works with the participant to accurately complete insurance applications while ensuring all government and insurance carrier compliance regulations are met.
Pros
Alot Of Knowledge I Enjoyed
Cons
Short Lunch
Run
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2016
They will bring you in and let you go. They did it to me twice. One week after letting 20 people go they are hiring again. I asked not to be blindsided and that is exactly what they did.
Cons
temp position, they lie
Not my Cup of Tea
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2016
Its not a great place to work if your an introvert. And its not very "diverse" at my DC/VA location if you know what I mean. :-/

Good pay though.
Pros
the money
Cons
environment, management
Great work life balance
Client Services Specialist, CISR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2016
Decent work life balance. Good Training Program. Friendly work environment. Management is invested in the staff overall happiness and productivity.
Fast paced learning enviroment
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2015
There are many advancement opportunities with Towers Watson, you can be a phone agent one season and a trainer the next. Plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No health insurance for seasonal employees
Great company
Assistant Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2016
Great place to work and learn the Property and Casualty brokerage industry with opportunity to gain accreditation and learn valuable knowledge.
Best Work Place
Administrative Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MONovember 13, 2015
Overall the best work environments. The management and co-workers are highly skilled, very intelligent people who never look down on individuals who were not as skilled as them. There wasn't anything I didn't like about that job. Loved it!
Efficient and Productive Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TNMay 5, 2016
Competitive company with a lot of focus on metrics, they have decent benefits as compared to other large companies I've work at.
If only money matters, then go for it
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2013
The company overall is very financially stable and successful but that's about all the positive feedback I can provide.

The management was absolutely horrific in the service center and HR did nothing about it because the department had strong financials. I was never provided any positive feedback on my performance (which was very good for being there nearly 5 years). The company does a lot to recruit new clients and retain them, but unfortunately it is at the expense of the employees outside life. I was expected to work 10-11 hour days consistently. I would totally agree with the reviewer who said it is a "workoholic" culture.

People there overall are friendly (aside from management), but nobody really has the time to genuinely get to know others because everything is tremendously micromanaged and "time is money" is constantly on your mind.
Pros
financially stable, health benefits, pension, 401k
Cons
micromanaged, no work/life balance, workaholic culture
Towers Watson is a good company to work for.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I would come into the office, log on to my system and set up the for any overnight changes. I then would set up my phone line to be open for acceptance. I then would answer the calls and answer all the calls that were asked of me. I would also make the necessary changes as they were needed according to each call. Finally, I would note each call after it ended.
You better know somebody to advance
Facilities and IT Coordinator, Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
If you want commiserate compensation for your abilities, find another job. If you want to advance and grow, find another job. If you have family or good friends working in the company, you're golden! It does not matter how hard you work or how over qualified you are, Towers Watson is NOT the place for you.
Pros
Proximity to Grand Central
Cons
Perks are terrible, office politics/culture leave a lot to be desired, no growth oppourtinity
Insecure culture full of passive-agressive actuaries
Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAJune 8, 2013
It's a great name and great revenue, but most of the people are actuaries that have been promoted to "king of the nerd" status...there are few people with personalities, and having a personality is viewed as a negative there...many people are insecure and very passive aggressive (to the point of rude...)...i resigned due to excessive "blockers" and many unkept promises...creativity and OTB thinking is reserved only for people that have been there 10+ years.....it feels like a pyramid scheme there....

if you want to stare at a spreadsheet all day and work with socially awkward people, than go for it! otherwise, aim for a better firm...

pay is decent, benefits are GREAT.
Pros
benefits / job security
Cons
terrible culture / bus-drivers
Great Place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2015
Vey good company to work for however there is rare job advancement.

Help employees and clients enroll into their medical benefits packages. Explain benefits and contact carriers for additional information if needed.
Energetic Environment
License Benefit Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 2, 2016
There was always someone willing to help with a question or concern that someone had. They also provided great lunch and bonuses.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Temporary Assignment
It's the people
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Great atmosphere to work at. The people, regardless the position or the department, were excellent to work for and with.
Pros
Complementary coffee, tea, soda
Cons
Distance
Very flexible work environment
Benefits System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2015
A very organized company where you can grow as an individual as well as become an exceptional employee. They offer a ton of training classes through SharePoint. They meet your needs as an employer. They provide WFH possibilities in case of a family emergency.
Think twice before accepting an offer from TW
T&R Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Culture of workaholism is praised
- No regard for human beings.
- No respect for junior employees.
- Siloed culture per department. Almost impossible to make friends across departments.
Advice to Senior Management – Actually show that you care about people and take your own advice that you offer to clients.
Cons
compensation is below industry average and health insurance could be better.
cultures vary from city to city. Casual business attire.
Records Specialist/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
no opportunity for advancement in either administrative assistant division or office services division. Cultures vary from city to city. Some offices are suit and tie. Some are casual business attire. Good people, opportunity for fun culture, cold corporate management.
Pros
jeans to work, some free lunches once in a while
Cons
cold corporate management style, not serious about keeping good administrative talent (despite trying to say the opposite)
Great Job but no work life balance
BSA (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 14, 2015
Long hours and no overtime pay. However you learn a lot in whatever position you have and they do want people to move forward in their positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.