Willis Towers Watson

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Excellent professional firm
Regional Finance Director - Latin America (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 10, 2015
Good company that has evolved impressively over time. Good compensation package and good values. Lots of changes over the last few years with little visibility for associates in terms of career progression has become an issue.
Positive environment between co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 8, 2015
There is a spirit of team work, but you are also able to take ownership. The workload can be heavy, but you learn a lot very quickly, which adds to overall skills.
Very Fast Paced - 55+ Hour Work Week
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
I come from a true IT background (JIRA, UML, SDLC, user stories, workflows, mockups, etc)...being a BA here is not like my previous roles, it's more of a QA/data management role. There's no organized approach to anything, you run for cover every day because you're constantly fixing issues, overwhelmed with deadlines & the project managers don't run interference between you & the client so that just adds to never ending nightmare. The culture all depends on the client and the PM relationship. Be prepared to work 55+ work week each week and it will become more during OE. They believe in happy hour, which is good because you're gonna need a drink once you the place for the day. Proceed with caution. And, we just went through another merger, so who knows what's next. The onboarding training sucks, it's 40 days worth of work crammed into 2 weeks and then you're on a client, so trying to complete your training while preparing for client meetings, etc., isn't going to happen.
Pros
happy hour
Cons
hostile working environment
Call Center, but with respect
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 12, 2015
Everyone is nice. Systems very frequently malfunction. It's very hard dealing with benefits and listening to people's heartbreaking stories.
Great culture and work environment.
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2015
I worked at Towers Watson when it was called Towers Perrin. This was a great job in which I had a great deal of responsibility and there was a great deal of reward and the pay was good.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
No cons.
Great Place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2015
Vey good company to work for however there is rare job advancement.

Help employees and clients enroll into their medical benefits packages. Explain benefits and contact carriers for additional information if needed.
Overall it was an okay place to work.
Lead Benefits System Administrator (LBSA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot working at Towers Watson. I had excellent co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was work life balance. It is a very demanding place to work for. What I enjoyed most about Towers Watson was no day was the same it kept you on your toes and you were constantly learning.
Pros
location
Great place to work.
Senior Finance Associate (1998 – 2014) (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 6, 2015
I learned a great deal working with many talented and smart people. My co-workers were helpful when learning new processes.
Pros
work life balance, softball team, office party's, lunches, etc.
Exciting
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTMay 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for them. If given another opportunity to come back, I would with a smile. Business slacked that is why they had to lay off workers.
Pros
Free coffee, juice, waters etc.
Cons
1 hour lunches makes for long days
nice place to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
The people I worked here were very driven, working together as a team, helped each other out.
Compensation and benefits were excellent! working from home was always possible!
Overbearing company with very strict policy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2015
Worked on phones nonstop, was not allowed to leave desk unless bathroom emergency or for lunch. Not very good opportunity to get to know fellow employees. Management was kind and helpful.
Pros
fast paced, good management.
Cons
Long days, little opportunity to get to know coworkers
A good place to advance your knowledge
.NET Developer (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 5, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Towers Watson as a .NET web application developer. Benefits are good, but more importantly you have a chance to work with some brilliant minds.
Focused, collaborate environment that puts clients first
Senior Communications (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2015
Towers Watson is a large consulting organization with a "client first" mentality that also offers flexibility and a range of career opportunities for employees. A typical day in the Communications practice includes a mix of emailing with internal and client teams to manage an average of 3-6 projects; and drafting or editing client deliverables ranging from content for company benefit websites, brochures, emails, posters/postcards, etc. While career advancement is mainly in the hands of individuals, senior leaders are typically supportive of your career goals and interests and developing your skills. While the cyclical workload can be frustrating (swamped during certain months, looking for work the next), the people and the collaborative environment make it a great place to work.
You better know somebody to advance
Facilities and IT Coordinator, Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
If you want commiserate compensation for your abilities, find another job. If you want to advance and grow, find another job. If you have family or good friends working in the company, you're golden! It does not matter how hard you work or how over qualified you are, Towers Watson is NOT the place for you.
Pros
Proximity to Grand Central
Cons
Perks are terrible, office politics/culture leave a lot to be desired, no growth oppourtinity
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
great place to work. loved my peers and leaders. Great pay and hours. I would recommend this place to anyone. a day at work is great coworkers great management great not hard i love my team
Great Company
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2015
This is a great company. I enjoyed working for Towers Watson. The staff was polite and truly professional. They truly care about their staff.
Answering switchboard and processing food orders.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Answering switchboard, submitting food orders for meetings and assisting management by processing room reservations. I learned a great deal from Towers Watson for example I became very knowledgeable with the high call volume on the switchboard, placing food orders for the conference center through Aramark. Assisted my manager with maintaining food invoices and try to be cost effective when ordering food. My manager and assistant manager were extremely easy to get along with and we were like a little family. My co-workers were also extremely nice and we respected each other. The hardest part of the job was doing our yearly goals. At times it would be a bit of a challenge to think of a new goal for myself but after some brainstorming it would eventually work out. My department of co-workers was the best part of my job. They were friendly, caring and very supportive. They made it a very comfortable and positive environment to work in.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no sick time
A really funplace to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed my work and always looked forward to coming to work the following day.

My co-workers were easy to get along with including feeling comfortable talking to management regarding any issues.

The hardest part of the job was sometime gathering information from other top management personnel regarding salary surveys;

But really enjoyed the seminars and everything it entailed.
Great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTJanuary 21, 2015
This company is great to work for. Benefits are great and the work environment is professional and friendly
Good place to intern
Analyst - Health and Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Lockton is a great place to intern. The pay is not very competitive, but the work environment is a good learning experience on how full time workers spend their days in an office in Downtown Los Angeles. You are exposed to a wide variety of projects, as long as you continue to be available and ask for guidance.