Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Good call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 13, 2017
A lot of sitting. Managers cared about their employees more than most, but workforce management was difficult to work with, forcing me to leave. They did not accommodate part-time hours well.

The company tried to value their call center employees. But to really treat them well, they should promote them to associates instead of keeping them on contract for years.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
feeling like a cog in a huge machine, not a valued employee
Great for a Temporary Job, can be a struggle to turn into long term employment
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2017
Enjoyable, always changing, keeps you on your toes. Only true downside in my opinion is the "seasonality" of the work. being seasonal it makes it difficult to be hired on "permanent" and gain full benefits, even if you have been here for a few years you can still be considered temporary/seasonal.

Other than that i have found that it is a great place to work and you get out of it what you put into it. if you feed into drama, then you get drama. if you avoid drama then you will have a good time.
Pros
relaxed, good pay, easygoing
Cons
seasonal
n/a
AGENT - PATIENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  customer serviceJune 9, 2017
this place if a work place is overall great but i would say its not very up to par in my profession of work. it to many placing customers n hold and not knowing what to do next we are not trained well as weel over all if you just want a check this is the place to go.
Great place to work in
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 6, 2017
I started in the company as an intern. I grew to love the company, the work and the culture. I worked with kind professionals who are focused on getting results the right way. There was so much freedom and flexibility in my work schedule because they trusted their employees. Management was also very kind and considerate.
Great environment, good money
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 6, 2017
Working at Willis Towers Watson OneExchange was a great way for me to earn money fast. Working as an ADP wasn't stressful and training was adequate and easy to catch on to. I made some great friends and loved the positive, encouraging environment there!
There are not many perks of working here, other than the hours are set in stone and you help others.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 1, 2017
I have learned a lot from working here - about Medicare, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, and the lack of quality employers treat their own retirees with (which is absolutely disgusting).

It is frustrating to not be made permanent when the quantity and quality of your work is greater than employees who are.
Pros
Available UTA ECO pass for free public transportation
Cons
No job security for a long time.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 31, 2017
I started here to get a grip on the cost of living; it paid great! They paid for me to get my health and life insurance license and I worked FT hours at a competitive pay. I started as a benefit advisor and later stepped to customer service for a less stressful environment (in my opinion) during my pregnancy. The ONLY negative thing was they will hire you as a temporary employee and keep you in that status as long as they can before making you permanent. This was a problem for me because I needed health insurance to apply for nursing school and I just flat out needed insurance for myself.
Pros
great pay
Cons
need to make more employees permanent to get benefits
Decent Place To Work
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 30, 2017
I've worked at Willis Towers Watson's OneExchange for two almost two years in which I had different experiences in each season.

It's a call center (with a few non-phone positions) so it can be quite busy sometimes (primarily from October through December), but there is a lot of down time.

My first season was pleasant and overall enjoyed due to having a helpful team and a great supervisor who was helpful, patient and professional.

My second season, unfortunately, did not go as well as my first. I still had a group of support (although my team mostly consisted of new-hires whereas it was my second season, so I gave my all to be a helpful teammate for the newbies), but my supervisor for this season was not pleasant to say the least. I, as well as others on my team, struggled to get along with our supervisor who from time-to-time would yell and throw tantrums, even while we were on the phones with customers (who occasionally would hear this supervisors' antics in the background). My supervisor also would instruct me/us to do one thing, and then become upset later when a policy was changed and he failed to mention it to the team. It just didn't seem as if he cared whether his team succeeded or not. Overall, he was a horrible leader. Luckily, I was fortunate that other, more understanding supervisors were in the area that I could call on for help or questions.

All in all, it's a decent place to work. Just like with any job though, it matters who you're working with.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes; lots of downtime during certain months.
Cons
Short 30 minute lunch (unless you like that kind of thing)
Productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 30, 2017
Towers Watson provided a very beneficial training course for new hires. I quickly learned the proper regulations for receiving calls and assisting retirees with their enrollment into Medicare. The company is constantly changing but works to include its employees in their decision making. There are many opportunities to move up and my managers were constantly working to meet their goals set for us as a team.
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses, gifts
Cons
always changing supervisors
Na
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 27, 2017
I enjoy working here. They have great hours and lots of overtime. The training was very understanding. Thanks again for the opportunity. You guys rock awesomeness!
Major management problems in QA
Technology Management (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2017
A typical workday is to come in and look at the team's commitments to determine what to work on, only to have the QA director come and tell you that you need to work on something else.

We try to exercise the Scrum methodology, but it's hard to make a good sprint commitment when you know that some of management (QA) is going to try to circumvent the system in order to get their stuff done first.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Self important management who can't behave better than a 4-year old
Not a permanent job
VIP Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 20, 2017
Only pro is the the pay, they say they want you but you to stay with the company but start you out seasonal and no matter how good you do it can could take 1-3 year to be permanent to get benefits of medical insurance and there benefits are horrendous your better off getting your own individual insurance.
Pros
Pay
Experiece
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 17, 2017
Working at WillisTowers Watson, has been and environment of constant change. It needs a set of uniform policies that can be expanded company wide and not per division. Work life balance is good, atmosphere is good.
Good Company to work for before the market rashed.
IT Team Leader /Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
I started here in 1997 and was given a lot of room to grow and advance my career. I was Mentored by a great Team Leader and Manager which lead to a great deal of professional growth for me. When the market got bad the company execs. thought it best to sell off the IT side of the business every thing went downhill from there.
Pros
Good Company, Good benefits & salary ranges.
Cons
Corporate institionalized.
Great place
Cash Application/Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
The former Towers Perrin was a great place to work. After the company reorganized there many changes that were not conducive to the overall moral of the company.
Pros
Flexibility
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2017
Great place to work and has provided many opportunities for upward mobility. Gained much experience since starting 2 years ago. Formal training is lacking but hands-on training is abundant.
Great Place to work
Training Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 26, 2017
Internal advancement great place to work and help out retirees. Very fulfilling job. I moved to the sight in Arizona and it was amazing upper management cares
Poor work/life balance
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2017
"Busy season" seems to go on indefinitely. Only received a fraction of exam study hours promised in contract. No formal training program for analysts.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Hours
Good Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2017
Overall, great, dedicated colleagues and good work environment. Be prepared for high expectations and a wide range of duties requiring intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office and Adobe.
Pros
Autonomy - no micromanagers
Cons
You will deal with a lot of food ordering and set-up.
Great job
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 21, 2017
The best people for a call center environment. They pay was great and the people you talked to on the phone was always awesome. The trainers made sure you had all the right info for the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.