Willow Valley Communities Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Nursing Job, however exceptional facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAMarch 24, 2016
Simply put, Willow Valley is a pretty mediocre place to work. The pay is far less than most nursing homes in the areas despite the fact that it is notorious for having residents in higher income bracket. Management was under experienced and not good at solving important problems.
Nice work place with great residents
Buffet Runner/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAMarch 14, 2016
Willow Valley is a good place to work if you enjoy a bit of a fast pace food service job. The work days that I experienced were fairly pleasant and rewarding. Some supervisors can be a bit overbearing when attempting to help but they mean well. The co workers are some of the best people I've worked with and it's never a dull day. Trying to keep up with the ever changing situations can be a bit stressful, like when the dishwasher broke down and we had to set bins all throughout the kitchen area, making it a hectic place to try to move safely through. The greatest part is knowing how much everyone there cares about you, from the supervisors to the residents and everyone in between.
Pros
Free breakfasts while on the clock, caring residents, team member appreciation week with snacks and fun activities
A nice work place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Working at willow valley was a great time and I learned a lot about how to talk to people and practice my people skills. A typical day would be getting there and setting up the rooms for the night time. I worked with a good group of employees and it was good teamwork. The hardest part of the job was working with not enough people because employees would call off. The best part of the job is being with my residents and spending time with them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Staffing issues
Rewarding place to work, let me tell you why....
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Willow Valley Communities is an excellent place to work. I have experienced many opportunities for personal and professional growth in my 6 years of employment as a Registered Nurse. I have been encouraged to work in areas that utilize my talents. I work as the Clinical Nurse Manager for our busy 58 bed rehabilitation and skilled care environment. The team challenges, which we welcome, are: frequent admissions, discharges, high medical aquity, and diverse nursing skills required depending on the needs of those we serve. Teamwork and servanthood is key and I witness this, at its best, regularly. Resident care and customer service standards are excellent. Willow Valley Communities often celebrate their team members with events and offer amenities for team members to enjoy with their families. The level of appreciation I feel at my job has surpassed all other employers in my 25 years in the medical feild. I feel honored to be part of the nursing team at Willow Valley Communities.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities, great working environment
Cons
Dealing with insurance company restrictions for resident care/needs
going out after work , very fun people.
Dishwasher/ Server (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 28, 2015
a typical day at willow will be me and others coming in at the same time , deciding who was gonna do what for the night. I learned how to keep every item with its own item and keeping things organize . Making sure every utensil was clean and spotless was very important aswell. I worked with a lot of people that was disable and I loved it . teaching them excited them . it took patients but it was very worth building good relationships.
Pros
Free Lunches .
Cons
Not enought hours avalible
Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAOctober 24, 2015
After reviewing the faciltiy, applying and orientation, I thought I hit the jackpot with Willow Valley. This having been my first nursing job out of school, I was thrilled about the benefits and facility in general despite the less than sub-par reality. Come to find out, this facility is a horrible work environment. The management overlooks tons of serious issues due to short staffing (a constant), but will hound you for something so ridiculous and minute you can't believe it's actually a problem. Not only are they short staffed every day, but employees are underpaid. The administration is selfish with their money and takes the employees for granted. They would rather have fresh paint on the walls (that were painted last month) than raise their employees pay/offer better benefits. Management is extremely unprofessional and they don't play by the rules (PENNSYLVANIA LAWS) in regards to conduct. Co-workers all seem to go behind your back just to get ahead, which, surely is the same anywhere you go, but the management listens to the hear-say of those co-workers rather than actually confronting a problem head on. Completely, and utterly disgusted with this facility and the people running it. Glad to be gone.
Pros
NOTHING
Work and Fun at Willow Valley Communities
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 10, 2015
Working at Willow Valley has been such a great experience for me. I've meet such great residents that have impacted my life in such a big way. A typical day for me involves coming in and prepping the food for the night. After that I prepare and serve the food to the servers who then take the food to the residents. The co workers and I all get along well. The hardest part of my job losing some of the residents. The best part of my job is getting to know the residents and being able to put a smile on their faces.
Productive and positive atmosphere
Menu Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Willow Valley, PAAugust 10, 2015
A typical day for me would be working in what we call the "Country Kitchen." From there, I would read menus to the residents and get them their drink and appetizers. The cook then gives them their entrees and I wait until they're finished to get them their desserts. Then I take away their dishes and clean them.
Pros
Free dinners, free lunches
Cons
Residents can often be rude
Poor Management
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 17, 2015
This company has a really nice facade. Once you work there, you find out that the residents are mistreated as well as the staff. Not only do the residents overpay for subpar accommodations, the staff is overworked and underpaid. Aside from that, the benefits are terrible. What kind of healthcare facility doesn't offer sick time? Reports of neglect and other types of abuse are overlooked because staffing is really that bad. It's no wonder though, because they want to keep all of the money they make for the higher ups and to pay off people so that the bad things about the company aren't published in the newspapers. (And yes, this has happened on a few occasions) Also, don't expect to get the money that you earned. They will come up with any reason to short you on your paycheck or just not pay you at all.
Pros
There is nothing good about this place.
Cons
Underpaid, Overworked, Disrespectful Management
good place
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Willow Street, PAApril 16, 2015
first job was young and it was a pt job so for any young kid it was a job that payed for my gas money and extra spending cash. was a god job for student
Beautiful Facility
Licensed Practical Nurse Part=Time Float (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working there but I was unable to get a full-time position. I worked 50 hours a week on average but didn't get benefits because I was considered Part-time. The pay rate was very low also.
Pros
Low patient to nurse ratio
Cons
Low pay rate
Lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work, highly recommend. Everyone is very kind and loving here.Nothing bad to say at all about Willow Valley.
Older people
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 4, 2014
I enjoyed working with the residents and listening to their stories. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with callouts from other employees.
Nice Employer to work for, great people
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  PAJune 10, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. The people and my coworkers are fun to work with.
I found myself really getting to know some of the residents here and they ended up loving me.
I was able to use skills that I learned in culinary school.
Productive and fun workplace
RN supervisor and floor nurse (Current Employee) –  throughout all the buildingsFebruary 27, 2014
Working at the Willow Valley Communities is a rewarding experience. The staff and management is supportive of their staff and the residents. The floors are busy and keep staff working to provide all aspects of patient care but this is the normal for nursing services. I enjoy my time spent at this facility very much.
Not a place for creativity
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Healthcare is somewhere that creativity is non-existent.
Our Culinary Service team is top knotch
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 29, 2014
One team, one mission. I've never experienced such a hard working, caring and dedicated team as our Culinary Services.
Don't Hurt the Old People
Sales (Former Employee) –  OfficeJanuary 21, 2014
This company uses up lower income employees and exploits them while ripping off the Residents by overcharging them for shoddy living spaces and plumbing and electrical work subbed out to a company owned by the guy who runs the place-what a scam!!
Fun Residents
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PADecember 9, 2013
a typical day would involve, greeting residents, filling drink orders, retrieving dirty dishes, resetting tables, clean up jobs, i have learnt that residents and older generations have the most helpful advice and informations, my co workers were fun.
Rewarding interaction with the Greatest Generation
Administrative Assistant/Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Street, PAOctober 3, 2013
New and exciting every day
Lessons on what is really important in life
Hardest part is letting go of an old friend
The most enjoyable part is learning from all the old friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willow Valley Communities. Our community is ready to answer.