WilmerHale Employee Reviews

Great starting point for my future IT endeavors
Year Up Intern - Workplace Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
My time here at WilmerHale will be one of the most memorable experiences I've had when it comes to my job history. The IS (Information Services) team that I've had the privilege of working with has been extremely supportive and encouraging when it comes to me wanting to further enhance my technical skills outside of our daily routine.
The IT staff made me feel like I was family
IT intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2016
During my time at WilmerHale I learned so many skills and traits that I thought I would never learned. Because of my time as an intern at this great law firm I was able to obtain the necessary skills I will need in the IT world.
Feeling Appreciated
Conference Room Planner (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 8, 2016
This is a wonderful place of employment and they certainly do make their staff feel appreciated. Their senior staff does a great job of keeping all staff informed of good and bad happenings and events taking place within the firm.
A Nice Place to Work, with a Few Problems
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Business Services CenterJanuary 16, 2016
WilmerHale's Business Service Center in Dayton, Ohio is a nice place to work. The pay is good, and I have heard that the benefits are good (I worked as a full-time temp without benefits). The people working there are some of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever worked with. However, there seems to be a significant amount of work needed to be completed after-hours, and WilmerHale expects its employees to stay after-hours on very short notice. The management staff in individual departments is fantastic, and every manager is very friendly. Many positions at this office require significant communication with legal staff at WilmerHale offices around the world. Some of that staff (partners, associates, and professional staff) seem to give the impression that dealing with the Dayton office is a hassle, and are sometimes not friendly. Also, there is very little opportunity for advancement. Overall, this is a nice place to work if these issues are not a problem for you.
Pros
Good Compensation, Firm Culture, Friendly Nature of Co-Workers
Cons
After-Hours Requirements on Short-Notice, Unfriendly Employees in other Offices, Few Opportunities for Advancement
Wilmerhale
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Working at WilmerHale afforded me the opportunity to work with a handful of wonderful individuals. The staff and the outside resources make the company a pleasant environment with moments of serious work productions but constant enjoyable laughter to help us through our day to day demands. I have no regrets working for the firm. It was an opportunity that afforded a learning position with the benefits of making lifelong friends.
Pros
Benefits package. Wonderful staff.
Cons
Changes in the HR Department have brought forth a negative environment, this in turn has taken employee morale to its lowest degree.
Good Company with good benefits and work environment
IDS Coordinator/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 27, 2015
A typical day involves reviewing emails and prioritizing assignments for the day by due date. Then proceeding to prepare the needed documentation and research for the day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Room for advancement is very limited
Very positive, inviting, and welcoming
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2015
A typical day included going to class in the morning with renowned professors, lawyers and attorneys. In the afternoon organizing conference rooms with the Operations department. My manager was positive, supportive and taught us all about corporations. My coworkers were cooporative, and friendly at all times.

Hardest part about the job was leaving, obtaining a job of that status is hard in the real world, so being there and receiving that opportunity was great.

Most enjoyable part was being able to learn new things from new teachers each day as a part of our work curriculum and be paid for it.
Pros
Free education, Strong experience, certified training, friendly and welcoming environment
Cons
temporary
Excellent Place to Work
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 29, 2014
This by far was the best place I have ever worked. The firm treats each and every employee with great respect and the management within the finance department is second to none. If you have the opportunity to work here....take it!!
Horrible Management/Incompetent staff
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  BostonOctober 25, 2014
IP Department is a mess. People getting hired and fired on a regular basis. Horrible management and complete disregard for the truth. I would not recommend this position as the prior assistant was threatened to be terminated so she quit. Run and don't look back.
my work summary
Temporary Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2014
Temporary Research Coordinator:
Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Assistance
Provided basic reference
Overall a great company.
Administrative Assistant & Notary Public (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
A great company with excellent benefits. They have socials for the employees on a monthly basis, as well as other benefits.
Productive and interesting work environment
Professional Development & Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with all of the people throughout the firm.
Great benefits and good place to work
WHDS Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Overall great place to work. Good environment. Great people. Privacy a must here. Confidential. Benefits amazing.
Pros
Benefits, pay, people working
Cons
Hours, Need to complete things after hours frequently
WilmerHale review
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2013
A great place to work. Typical day? Greet all persons that you encounter. Meet with your attorneys to see what's on the schedule for the day. Since this is the only firm where I have worked, I learned everything about the workings of a large law firm. Management decisions are made in the best interest of the firm. Co-workers were friendly and willing to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the level of stress that both attorneys and administrative staff could incur to complete assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits, including a 2-month paid sabbatical after you have worked there for a certain amount of time.
benefits
Cons
location of the firm in the city; building too big
Hard-working work place
Finance Budget Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2013
Team Oriented
Budgeting for different types of law
Strong organization
A knowledgeable experience to open ones eyes.
Finance Department Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2013
The day at WilmerHale starts off with a class for the morning with a break in between. After is lunch and finish with everyone going to a different department as a intern.
Growing Firm
Legal Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
There was some separation between the partners, Attorney's and Staff not really family oriented and friendly. But they had the best holiday parties.
A great place to work!
Legal Secretary in Bankruptcy group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2012
I am looking for a new job because they are moving downtown and my commute will be longer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
longer commute in july 2012