WILMINGTON HEALTH Employee Reviews

I Love my job..and very good at it!
Medical Assistant/ phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2016
Very stressfull, but Love what I do...I can find a vein with my eyes closed..thats the best way to feel them..co worker is very smart,but takes tihngs out on me since we are the only 2 working for 6 providers and our lab schedule..The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my Pt.s tell me that was the best job ever and can I follow them to the Hospital. Management is new and I like her. The other one resigned. The hardest part is when my co-worker leaves me alone with all of this so she can help the nurses and schedule labs..which is not included in her job title. How can you do 20 words min with all these Questions?
Pros
Love my doctors
Cons
Long hours with only a 30 min break out of the whole day, but I don't mind
overall good company
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Company as a whole good but billing dept. was not so great to work for.
Management preferred certain employees and if you were not one of these, you were not treated well.
Stable progressive multi specialty practice
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 3, 2015
This organization is loaded with fabulous staff. Management goes through a reorganization every couple of years. Pay scale needs revamped to be more competitive with other area practices.
Pros
Excellent providers, great benefits, generous paid time off, clinical and business office staff provided with work clothes and scrubs.
Cons
Colors of scrubs are not popular with staff. Very busy practice, patients complain about never getting a live person, not getting call backs. Pay needs to be more competitive.
Helping patients with their heart problems and patient satisfaction.
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28401June 24, 2016
Great place to work because really feel like helping patients with cardiology issues. Doctors, nurses, and staff all get a long well and are willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
Free lunches and great doctors to work with.
Cons
Very busy and not a lot of time to take a break or lunch.
No benefit to going above and beyond, only to following militant rules
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 1, 2014
There is absolutely no benefit to individuality or reaching beyond your position to do more. You will be disciplined and frowned upon for it. Employees are dispensable and all the same. There is no anonymous way to report anything, it all goes to your manager. If you have concerns about your manager, you cannot tell anyone or you will be fired. Favoritism runs rampant. You can be a horrible employee but if you follow their rules and clock in, you'll do fine. However, if you're one minute late but go above and beyond and give your all...you'll be fired for the one minute. Pay is low. There is no formal training. You must figure out on your own what is expected before you make a mistake. Enjoy your black uniform.
Be sure they manage your benefits and pay correctly. They do not correct their own mistakes.
Pros
No weekends, no holidays
Cons
Holidays subtract from your PTO bank
Nice Place to Work
Certified Medicial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington NCDecember 6, 2014
I am a new CMA and was hired by
Wilmington health, so I am very grateful
For the chance to work for a large and growing
Company.
The employees are very friendly and
Welcoming.
Many of the departments provide free
Lunch daily which is great.
The pay is competitive and the benafits are
Good free uniforms
I love my job
Pros
Good benifits, free lunch, free uniforms
Cons
No break
Wilmington Health is a great place to work
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Checking in patients, getting them ready to see the doctor. Going over patients medications, and the patients allergies.
Upper management is good
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 25, 2015
I checked in/out patients, verified insurances, collected payments, and scheduled appointments. The hardest part of my job was when patients had suffered a major loss; I felt like I suffered with them. The best part of my job was celebrating with my patients when they discovered they were going to be parents.
Pros
Flexible with taking time off for sick children
Cons
Very caddy work environment
Major operational inefficiencies; Low workforce moral; Low salaries with no incentives
Transition Mgr/Health Info Dept. Mgr/HIPAA PO (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 29, 2015
Workforce and providers are fabulous. Administration is extremely out of touch with daily operations and the related requirements of staff and therefore do not make quality decisions regarding operations and change. Management has too many job duties to remain effective and efficient.
Pros
GREAT workforce and providers!!
Cons
Poor operations and finance management.
very busy atmosphere, lots of opportunity for working in other depts
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Overall, nice place to work, but the high volume of patients does not afford the opportunity to really get to know the patients. Also, daily paper work must be completed while waiting on patients in a busy environment.
Staff is generally friendly and will try to help a coworker when they can.
Pros
lots of opportunity to work in different areas of the company
Cons
high volume of patients, job description comes with many tasks to complete in a busy environment
Very stressful environment
Patient Rep (Former Employee) –  1202 medical center drJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work in this position varied, I checked clients in as many as 15-30 within the first hour, in the mist of checking in if clients weren't scheduled I had to print a new router after fitting them in the schedule as well as checking for their insurance and collecting co pays. I was in charge of prepping 3rd day out routers for clients, monthly charging and lab corp. billing, cashiering, if I was needed for interpreting throughout the building I had to have someone cover for me as I stepped in to help clients with translating while having my work done in time as well as many other duties.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
there could have been better plans in force
could be a great healthcare company
RN (Former Employee) –  wilmington, ncApril 10, 2014
worked there for 4 years. It was good at the start and I learned a lot. Great co-workers! Sad to say I couldn't take the noise level after a while and some unprofessionalism. As another reviewer wrote, favoritism runs amok there, from some very high ups. My morals got the best of me eventually and I found a better company with high standards with a very nice work environment, which is important if that's where your day is. Legal documentation was very lacking. I wouldn't want my license associated with others sloppiness, carelessness. This could be a great company but it definitely needs closer examination from OUTSIDE....need I say more...
awesome benefits and an awesome place to gain intermedicate experience in the medical field
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 20, 2014
 Coordinate appointments and communicate vital information to patients, caregivers and other medical staff
 Collect and electronically report updated demographic and insurance information
 Collect and decipher patient inquiries / complaints; refer patients / caregivers to appropriate resource to resolve issues
 Research, analyze and explain processes, policies, procedures and services to patients, outside physicians and caregivers
 Follow up on patient care and appointment referrals
Time off is hard to get
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 6, 2015
Not enough float coverage to get time off even though the accumulation of PDO time is good. A typical day is very busy, the work is repetitive, but the patients always make it interesting.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
just not enough of them
Fun workplace.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 20, 2014
I came to USA in 2001 and got a job as a Medical Assistant at Wilmington Health in 2006. Every single working day over five years I have had a feeling of happy person. I learned so much! I met lots of nice co-workers and sweet patiens. My Managers were very professional and understanding. Wilmington Health is the most enjoyable workplace!
Pros
Free lunches sometime.
Cons
Short breakes.
Challenging but satisfying.
Manage Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 6, 2014
Always a challenge, and I have learned that a day without a challenge is a boring day, and because we spend so much time at work our co-workers are really like family. But the hardest and enjoyable part about my job is learning to keep up with the ever changing medical field.
Pros
Always believe in family comes first.
It was fun working here because you were working with people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 19, 2014
I was assigned in the Alzheimer unit to care, communicate, respond to problems and solve the problems, and customer service for the elderly and whom ever we work with.
Pros
It was great working with people
Cons
brake was ok.
Start up!
Oncology/Infusion Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 5, 2013
I was hired to start up 2 clinics and upgrade a new Infusion Center. Patients receive top notch care. Wilmington Health has 130 heathcare providers over 100 miles on the coast of NC. Start up is complete!
i enjoyed working for this company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 29, 2013
Being a float, it was always changing. Bussy some days, some days slower.
great place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
loved the job very much would still be there but I left to go to school full time

WILMINGTON HEALTH Reviews by Location