WILMINGTON HEALTH Employee Reviews

Former employee
Former cma (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 21, 2017
They are a horrible company to work for. The administration is awful, they do not care about their employees, just the bottom line. There is no room for advancement. The raises suck. There is poor management and their is a lot of favoritism. The pay is awful and I would never work there again.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Bad pay
bad place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2017
Management is terrible, patient load is overwhelming
The pay is the lowest, no opportunity for advancement
You can transfer after you have been there for 6 months
To another department. No holiday pay at all
You earn paid days off that is it. Your pay tops out
And you only get a raise if your manager remembers to
Do your evualation then you may get a raise of 40 cents
They have a 401K but they do not put anything in until after you have been employed for a year, if you put money in
They will match it after a year but to get it out you must be
Employeed for 6 years other wise you only get out what you put in. A day consists of taking vitals, patient history
Very repetitive work
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Low pay
Good place to work but as time goes on gets more and more stressfull
BMET III/Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 12, 2017
Hard to get paid time off because always needed. They will put as much of a work load on to you as time goes on. Some people great though! Need more people I think
Not a place for advancement
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 6, 2017
If you are not a certain person you will not advance. I have seen ladies there for years that were never given a chance to be a team lead or advance to any other position because they were not a "favorite" Do not let your child get sick, or pre plan trips they will likely be denied. No weekends was the only reason I stayed so long.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Favortism
Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 5, 2017
For an experienced medical assistant, the pay was extremely low.
The raises were almost non-existent and if given were really not worth accepting. Overall the management staff ( dependent on the clinic in which you worked ) had no investment in the individual or concern for the work/life balance.

Wilmington Health is the lowest paying huge practice in the area.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 4, 2017
Very nice place to work. Strict but fair. Everyone does their job and does it well. Very organized and team players. Equipment used is always working and if not it gets attention immediately.
Externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 8, 2017
I completed my externship at Wilmington Health they were great. Very professional, amazing staff and I had a wonderful experience. All staff was willing to let me learn and made my experience remarkable.
The Providers were easy to work for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 30, 2016
I was disappointed once I got into the office I was to work in. The job I was hired for changed three times over the course of as many weeks. There was significant discord between the employees that was not being addressed. Overall I was disappointed the company did not turn out to be all it was said to be in the initial training.
Truly loved the patients
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 18, 2016
Very much enjoyed working for the OB/GYN
Overall I was not a fan of some changes that came about after the new CEO joined. Team work was great and the work environment was pleasant. Compensation was less than competitive.
overall good company
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Company as a whole good but billing dept. was not so great to work for.
Management preferred certain employees and if you were not one of these, you were not treated well.
I Love my job..and very good at it!
Medical Assistant/ phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2016
Very stressfull, but Love what I do...I can find a vein with my eyes closed..thats the best way to feel them..co worker is very smart,but takes tihngs out on me since we are the only 2 working for 6 providers and our lab schedule..The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my Pt.s tell me that was the best job ever and can I follow them to the Hospital. Management is new and I like her. The other one resigned. The hardest part is when my co-worker leaves me alone with all of this so she can help the nurses and schedule labs..which is not included in her job title. How can you do 20 words min with all these Questions?
Pros
Love my doctors
Cons
Long hours with only a 30 min break out of the whole day, but I don't mind
Helping patients with their heart problems and patient satisfaction.
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28401June 24, 2016
Great place to work because really feel like helping patients with cardiology issues. Doctors, nurses, and staff all get a long well and are willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
Free lunches and great doctors to work with.
Cons
Very busy and not a lot of time to take a break or lunch.
Wilmington Health is a great place to work
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Checking in patients, getting them ready to see the doctor. Going over patients medications, and the patients allergies.
Upper management is good
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 25, 2015
I checked in/out patients, verified insurances, collected payments, and scheduled appointments. The hardest part of my job was when patients had suffered a major loss; I felt like I suffered with them. The best part of my job was celebrating with my patients when they discovered they were going to be parents.
Pros
Flexible with taking time off for sick children
Cons
Very caddy work environment
very busy atmosphere, lots of opportunity for working in other depts
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Overall, nice place to work, but the high volume of patients does not afford the opportunity to really get to know the patients. Also, daily paper work must be completed while waiting on patients in a busy environment.
Staff is generally friendly and will try to help a coworker when they can.
Pros
lots of opportunity to work in different areas of the company
Cons
high volume of patients, job description comes with many tasks to complete in a busy environment
Stable progressive multi specialty practice
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 3, 2015
This organization is loaded with fabulous staff. Management goes through a reorganization every couple of years. Pay scale needs revamped to be more competitive with other area practices.
Pros
Excellent providers, great benefits, generous paid time off, clinical and business office staff provided with work clothes and scrubs.
Cons
Colors of scrubs are not popular with staff. Very busy practice, patients complain about never getting a live person, not getting call backs. Pay needs to be more competitive.
Very stressful environment
Patient Rep (Former Employee) –  1202 medical center drJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work in this position varied, I checked clients in as many as 15-30 within the first hour, in the mist of checking in if clients weren't scheduled I had to print a new router after fitting them in the schedule as well as checking for their insurance and collecting co pays. I was in charge of prepping 3rd day out routers for clients, monthly charging and lab corp. billing, cashiering, if I was needed for interpreting throughout the building I had to have someone cover for me as I stepped in to help clients with translating while having my work done in time as well as many other duties.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
there could have been better plans in force
Time off is hard to get
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 6, 2015
Not enough float coverage to get time off even though the accumulation of PDO time is good. A typical day is very busy, the work is repetitive, but the patients always make it interesting.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
just not enough of them
Major operational inefficiencies; Low workforce moral; Low salaries with no incentives
Transition Mgr/Health Info Dept. Mgr/HIPAA PO (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 29, 2015
Workforce and providers are fabulous. Administration is extremely out of touch with daily operations and the related requirements of staff and therefore do not make quality decisions regarding operations and change. Management has too many job duties to remain effective and efficient.
Pros
GREAT workforce and providers!!
Cons
Poor operations and finance management.
great place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
loved the job very much would still be there but I left to go to school full time