Wilmington Trust Employee Reviews

no longer a company
Correspondence Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 29, 2016
Bought out by another company. The people were nice. The salary was no quite competitive to others, and benefits were declining too.
Pros
less pay less benefits
Cons
people were sincere true blue
Absolutely loved every moment of this job.
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 22, 2016
I started this job at the entry level and worked my way to being an Officer of the Bank when I retired. I enjoyed every level and the people whom I worked with and the People who guided me along the way.
Pros
Decent Salary and vacation times.
Cons
Sometimes worked 6 days a week.
N/a
Operations Associate III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2016
Work is steady
management is quite good, and quite caring about employee's well being.
Management also always has they're employee's best interest's in mind.
Awesome Work Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 26, 2016
Very good place of work. It was a great mix of Personal and Professional life. Working in this company gave me a very good knowledge of how to conduct team meetings involving different teams in SDLC.
Excellent teamwork
Commercial Loan Documentation Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 27, 2015
Strong teamwork, great for anyone looking to advance their careers, great training tools and staff. Very flexible with family/work life. Very flexible for employees who are looking to enhance their skills through college education courses. Benefits are great.
Pros
recognition
Cons
too many meetings
Productioon and Learning from one another
Trust Trans Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareSeptember 25, 2015
Wilmington Trust Company/M&T Bank was a great place to work for I have learn so much from this company. they have taught me so much in the years I have shown so much of improvement within myself. both me and my manager have learn so much from one another how to work with each other. The most part of work was coming to work everyday.
wonderful place to work, everyone got along and friendly atmosphere.
Cash Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 24, 2015
You would go to work chat for a moment with co-workers.
Manger would have our morning meeting to discuss the work from
previous day and what was to be done for the day.
We had a small group so we all worked together to make sure that all our work was completed fro the day.
Everyone got along so well we were like a little family
Pros
insentives for doing a good job.
Standard 8 to 5 with little room for advancement
Corporate Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work involves answering client inquiries and sending/receiving funds for clients as well as handling any compliance issues. The big thing is to make sure all ticklers (regular compliance, reports and such) are taken care of and no overdrafts occur. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty mundane, and there is little room for advancement. It's a great job if you want stability and little difficulty.
A productive and comfortable workplace.
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
I loved everything about this job and its people. I had a great relationship with all my co-workers and upper management. Overall, it was a great learning experience.
Excellent and very professional corporate environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 12, 2014
I was a reconciliation analyst compiling Owner Affiliation and TIN/EIn onto SEI Trust 3000. I was also responsible for writing procedures related to Wilmington Trust regulatory issues. I was also resposibile for compiling the Real Estate Charter for Wilmington Trust Board members. I worked well with my co-workers which enabled me to give favorable results to my management team as well as profitiability for my company as well as customer satisfaction. Handled problems in a time-sensitive manner. Prehaps the hardest thing I encountered was getting passwords and access from the company Help Desk. It was a very pleasant place to work.
Summary
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 3, 2014
Management does not value their employees. Elimate jobs and give more to current employees. Morale is low.
Trust Administrator
Temporary Position (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareSeptember 27, 2014
Revised and updated Trust documentation per customers request once the Board approved the transaction.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
parking
Challenging and fast paced work place with room for family life.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 8, 2014
Typical work day was between 8:30am and 6:00pm. This was an ergonomically fitting and positive environment with active and engaged management teams who worked closely to meet company goals. Working to receive bonuses help break up call center monotony.
Pros
family company, bring your kid to work day, historical background.
Cons
downtown location
Enjoyable work environment
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 30, 2014
I have had the opportunity to develop new skills such as eDiscovery.
productive work place
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 16, 2014
excellent place to work, flexible. I would recommend this company.
Facilities Management
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2013
This position allowed me to do a lot of different tasks. While I held a position at this company, the company sold 3 times and ended up getting rid of my department which is when a previous manager brought me over to my role at Charles Schwab
Wonderful place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  WilmingtonOctober 21, 2013
Great team environment!! Everyone worked together to achieve the corporate goals. It was a true pleasure working with the strong talent within the organization.
Pros
given the lead to make decisions independently
Cons
no longer exists due to merger
Excellent opportunity to learn the trust business
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 6, 2013
The trust business encompasses a multitude of processes, regulatory requirements and oversight.
Experienced staff; very professional
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Wilmington TrustJuly 21, 2013
Hard working, experienced professionals always working in the best interest of clients. The days go by quickly with back to back meetings/calls and often requires working through lunch.
Great place to work until the company was sold.
SERVICE DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareJanuary 29, 2013
I had worked my way up from working on the service desk and taking calls to managing the service desk. I was responsible for creating and maintaining as well as enforcing the SLA and OLA agreements bewteen the IT department and the business areas. I worked very closely with the chnage manager as well as the other areas of IT such as the server team, networking team and desktop management. The enviroment was locked down to protect the standardized desktop environments so I was able to learn and stay on top of all the latest desktop and network security tools. In the many years I worked for Wilmington trust I was able to do different jobs. One of the jobs I really enjoyed besides the service desk managers job was when I was the senior desktop support technician. I not only mentored the other techs I was the primary technician for all the remote sites world wide. I was able to do a lot of traveling as part off this job to the many locations. I was able to travel to places like Palm Beach Florida, Atlants Georgia, L.A. including locations in Hollywood. I also supported international sites such as London, Dubnlin, Frankfurt and the Cayman Islands. I would be in charge of supporting or managing the techs that supported the desktops as well as all the network connectivity to the sites and all of the mobile computing devices such as Blackberries and any Air Cards in the environment that allowed for mobile computing.
Pros
be able to help make changes to the it support structure to allow for quick response to issues.
Cons
being on call for issues that would happen very late or very early in the morning.

4.3