BIOLOGICAL COORDINATOR – Brea
Wilson Construction has an immediate opening at our Branch Office in Brea, California for an experienced Biological Coordinator on a large transmission line construction project.
The Biological Coordinator functions as a team leader in a fast-paced environment, responsible for coordinating and planning biological resource-related issues with environmental team members and the larger project team to facilitate construction progress while ensuring implementation of project environmental regulatory compliance and mitigation monitoring requirements. This is a combination office and field position requiring work hours to be spent primarily in an office setting with other time spent on or near the construction site when needed.
Essential job duties will include the following:
- Ensure compliance with project Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan and environmental permits through maintenance of mitigation and permit databases and required support documentation;
- Ensure effective processes are in place to facilitate tracking and compliance with biological resource-related mitigation measures and develop new protocols/processes as needed.
- Prepare written plans and exhibits for submittal to client;
- Team with project staff to ensure compliance with project environmental mitigation measures;
- Coordinate with project team to ensure scheduled construction activities are in compliance with all environmental restrictions and requirements, including federal and state special status species and species of concern; and
- Lead and manage office environmental support personnel; provide directive oversight guidance to field environmental staff; and facilitate a productive cohesive environmental team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Sciences, Biological Resources or a related field;
- Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences, Biological Resources or a related field preferred;
- 7-10 years of applicable biological resource-related experience; demonstrated experience working in California field environments and/or on construction projects with California environmental compliance requirements;
- 1-3 years of work experience with GIS ArcMap 10 in a construction, planning/design, or environmental compliance setting preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable federal and state regulatory agency permit requirements (USFWS, CDFG, etc.) and federal and state special status species and species of concern;
- Knowledge of environmental issues associated with utility transmission industry desired;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/Powerpoint);
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills including:
o Coordinating, tracking, and meeting deadlines;
o Following up with multiple parties;
o Efficiently handling multiple tasks with competing priorities in a fluctuating workload; and
o Strong analytical thinking skills;
- Must thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced environments with a high volume of work, tight deadlines, and dedication to customer satisfaction;
- Candidates must be able to work on projects in a team environment and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and clients;
- Must have the ability to work independently while still contributing to the team and possess a willingness to help where needed for the benefit of the team;
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of staff and personality types;
- Capable of performing strenuous fieldwork and walking long distances on potentially difficult terrain;
- Typical project workweek is 50 hours – with occasional weekend duties; and
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision and 401(k), paid time off, vacation, and holiday pay. Equal Opportunity Employer, smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer drug tests.
Please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page:
No phone calls please.
No agency referrals please.