Wilson Elser Employee Reviews

Unknown at this time
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
The managing partner and office manager have changed since my employment so I'm not aware of the current office environment, work place culture or management.
Pros
7.5. hour work days, close early on the work day prior to a holiday
No comment
Account Supervisor for Office Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2017
When I work at Wilson Elser I work for a outsource company call GLC. I also learned a lot from working there, It was very fast past the team I had there was all skilled witch made my day a little easy.
Whatever
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 17, 2017
I was a billing coordinator for the white plains office. Enjoyed it as much as I could. They had the oldest systems used to process payments. It took time to adjust. The billing manager/supervisor is garbage. Wilson Elser is great on the outside but garbage on the inside
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Compensation, Manager
sub contract
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 16, 2017
I was a subtracted through Document Technology as litigation support in the copy; mail room center. Though Document Technology Terminated my while on bed rest, and the last supervisor was not good. Wilson Elser Manager and staff were very nice.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
DTI manager was unpleasant and an fabricator.
Up/Down
GLC Records Clerk/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
I hadon't 12 attorneys I work for. I will go pick up the pre-filing to create new redwelds. Insert new materials into existence redwelds. Make sure all the documents are in place for audits
very low pay for long hours
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 22, 2017
High billing expectations with well below market pay.
Very high attrition rate due to poor work life balance and demanding hours.
I would not recommend this company.
Also very sexist environment in my opinion.
Go to another firm
Assistant Managing Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Not exactly a good firm to work for. Worked as a managing Clerk assistant. Poor training was provided. At least I got experience in working at a large law firm.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons

Comment – April 11, 2016

I agree. I went through the same situation when I was a Managing Clerk Assistant at Wilson Elser's White Plains office.

Very professional environment
file clerk (Current Employee) –  houston, txAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work consists of filing and miscellaneous projects for attorneys. I have learned a lot about the court systems, especially since I want to go to law school. Management is very one-sided. My co-workers make my job a lot easier and fun. The hardest part of the job is completing tasks that have a deadline, and you're given the task at the last minute. The most enjoyable part is that I get to be a student and learn new things along the way!
Cons
No paid parking
Productive and positive
Facilities & Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work required a lot of communication with managers and adminstrative staff. I became a better negotiator the more I delt with different personalities. Staff was positve and friendly, Everyone helped one another to acheive goals. Their wasn't really a hard part because I was constantly learning new things that eventually made my job more interesting and easier making me more productive. the most enjoyable part was the company celebrations through out the year.
Pros
Free lunches right before holidays and closing early.
Horrible place to work
paralegal (Former Employee) –  New yorkNovember 6, 2014
Poor salary way below industry standards low moral unreasonable supervisors great benefits after 1st year no overtime unreasonable/unrealistic goals
Average
Legal Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 3, 2014
Below average salary. Very relaxed working environment. Expensive benefits package.
Productive, fast learning and happy individual.
Legal Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at my job, is print documents out, sort them according to file name, then I file documents into the correct file. I save e-mails/docs into the system. I also answered the phones when the receptionist is out.
Not a Good Place to Work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 30, 2014
The West Coast Administrator is the most tyrannical person ever. Don't expect fairness from the Los Angeles Office.
Great Enviroment
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
A huge company but it is not dedicates to Web Develop. Great Managers and nice work environment.
Pros
Cons
Not a Web Developper company.
Worst Company if your looking to grow
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2013
Unlike other companies which wil advise their employees of open positions before they open the position to the public, Wilson Elser does not promote within. They will give you a lesser title but give you the responsibilities which exceed that title just to avoid giving a higher salary. They will even change your title but do not think for one second you are entitled to an increase in pay. Many ppl get here and remain bc they get comfortable not bc its a loving environment. You would think with over 20 offices they can afford to compensate their employees. BeWare!!!!!! They advertise they need an individual who can commit to overtime, don't get too excited you won't be getting any overtime in this economy.
Pros
Flexible with school, emergency back up child care
Cons
no overtime, poor raises etc.
Not a positive experience
Manager - e-Business (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 13, 2013
The people at Wilson Elser are very dedicated to doing a good job considering the firm's limitations with its process and investment to technology.

The challenges come with the firm's management and the "dictatorship" style and micromanaging approach that is taken in the e-billing department

A growth oriented environment will be pitched at the interview however there is no growth and promises are not kept. Management in the e-billing area needs to be changed as it is combative, aggressive and not an environment where a person would enjoy working in. Turn over is very high in e-billing people generally do not work well with the Director.
Pros
co workers - and staff
Cons
Not a positive work environment
Awful!!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 21, 2013
I worked there as a temp. LOW pay, gossipy secretaries. All and all a terrible experience. They treat their staff terribly. I would NEVER accept a permanent position there!
Pros
In a nice building
Cons
Terrible personnel, treat their employees badly
Once a small boutique firm and now a mid-sized firm
Legal Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2013
Typical mid-sized Las Vegas bases firm. A typical day at Wilson Elser is very busy.
Pros
7.5 hour work days
Cons
Needs more support staff