Wilson Farms Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 24, 2016
when i came in i punched in on the computer. i strted off by making subs getting the ingredients if we did not have any in the cook part. i made them. i checked on cofee changed it if needed also cleaned shelves and areas needed if there were some like our coffee are. i spoke to the manager when i needed help and had fun talking to coworker.hardest part was leaving the job .
Pros
n/a
Cons
all
productive and fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2016
at Wilson farms it was easy to work and easy to move up in the company. within about 6 months I was a manager opening and closing the store
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
bought out by 7-Eleven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14613March 28, 2016
Since Wilson Farms has been bought out by 7-Eleven, writing a review here is not going to help anyone. There was room for advancement if you performed well, but otherwise it was your typical convenience store.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
company no longer exists
Non-encouraging Work Place
Floral Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 24, 2016
Wants a lot of hours and long days but not willing to encourage employees. Things are never consistent and your not told of changes just expected to know that they are taking place. Great money and benefits. But over all a really unorganized and petty company to work for.
My Experience
Front End/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 12, 2016
In term of management, My expeience is that th supervisors and managers always have a high standard for perfection. Sometimes their standard is too high for their employees to reach and it makes it difficult to please them. Management sometimes makes employees feel bad about their work ethic.
Pros
See different people every day
Cons
Management's attitudes
Rapid advancement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2015
great place to be you get to know a lot of your regular customers, and you become a happy family.
you become very close with the staff as well as the customers, due to the size of the staff
Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2015
good company for someone starting out in the job force, good for high school students and college students. friendly co workers great starter job some room for advancement.
Pros
Seeing repeated customers
Cons
High turnover
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2015
Just assisting customers and customer complaints, also handled very large amounts of money. Lots of restock and cleaning and general store work.
convenience store
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Randolph, NYJuly 6, 2015
This company has been bought out by 7-11. The position involved cash handling, customer service, cashiering, food prep, cleaning, and overseeing associates to ensure smooth running of the store.
fast pace, communication
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 30, 2015
A typical day would make sure coffee supply was efficient.
The top priority was to take care of incoming customers,
and to make sure their needs were meant.
Management was easy to get along with, and I feel I was trained well.
The hardest part of the job would of been when the Money order machine was out of order, and you couldn't provide the service to your customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the diversity of the customers. I also got to know regular customers and it was good on a professional level to serve them and know their likes.
Difficult
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Groton, NYJune 27, 2015
The job was supposed to be a promotion but it turned out to be much less. A new store manager started when I arrived and soon was promoted out and would not replace the position or give me a raise. Could not remain there doing my job plus the store manager job without more money.
customers make the job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 18, 2015
best learning experience i have every had. this would be a place i would return to if they had not been absorbed by 7- 11. management structure was solid. ok benefits. good mix of job/ life balance
Pros
easy to accrue vacation time
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 26, 2015
Unfortunately I was asked to relocate which I could not do at the time. Company eventually was purchased by 7-11 sometime after I had left. Enjoyed my time and responsibility's while I was there.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  NYApril 23, 2015
I am disappointed that the location I worked at closed down. I obtained many of the skills I utilize everyday. I liked this job and I got great hours.
Great people meeting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2015
I met a lot of people and I got to things that I enjoyed like running a cash register, and lottery machine. Making coffee was new for me but fun. The only downside was having young people be management because they don't know how to keep friends and work separate.
This was a trying job due to the fact that some customers are very rude; however, you make it work and go to the next call.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work consist of survey, over the phone donations, reading material prepared on your screen. as well as long sitting periods.
Pros
I learned political information that I wasn't aware of. Good information.
Cons
At times the call slowed down; causing no work for awhile.
Fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYMarch 10, 2015
This was a lot more laid back than my current job. It was a lot easier to adjust too and the hardest part of the job was NYS Lottery. My coworkers were great some of them I still work with today. I loved the manager he was very easy going and reliable.
Pros
Half off drinks on the clock
Busy and friendly atmosphere
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYDecember 18, 2014
Interactions with alot of customers. A great place to work and a great management.
It was decent
Head Cashier/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 8, 2014
Wilson farms was a great job for a while until 7 eleven bought them out and the store lost so many customers due to the way the store had changed
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJuly 8, 2014
A typical work day just involved tending to customer needs and keeping the store clean. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Manager was very understanding with employees
Cons
Very small store

2.9