Wilson Health Employee Reviews

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Good benefits. Flexible hours. I enjoyed my time working there. People work well together within their departments and truly care about their co-workers. Good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Fun experience
Teen Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 6, 2017
I was just volunteering at Wilson Medical, and it was a very popular program, so none of us was able to work many days because they wanted everyone to have the experience. The management was great and I got to learn all about how they work and do things in the hospital. I helped the nurses out by organizing their cabinets, teaching CPR classes, firing stuff, and labeling medicine bottles. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see how everyone at the hospital works so productively.
Pros
Meeting people and helping out
Wide variety of ultrasound cases
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 17, 2017
I enjoy scanning many different kinds of patients and ultrasound examinations. I work in a fast-paced environment with a good group of coworkers that are always anxious to help when needed.
Loved the clients and co-workers
Electronic Claims Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 8, 2017
Loved working with the clients. I loved working with the different attitudes and if they were upset, I would try to help make their day a little better. Loved my co-workers. Loved the position I was in.
Pros
lunch breaks and breaks whenever you wanted
Cons
Do not have any.
good patient care
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 22, 2017
Wilson Hospital has great patient care. Communication between all health care workers. Follow protocol. Is clean and organize. Good Team work and report.
Pros
good team work
Cons
long distance from home.
Helping Patients
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 16, 2017
prepare IV solutions
Count and fill medications
order and stock medication
Cart fill
PYXIS fill
PYXIS management
read and input prescription information
Pros
great working environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 7, 2017
Workload is not bad benefits are good, orientation process is good makes you feel prepared. Scheduling process could be better, co workers were pretty helpful.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, schedule
used to be a family fun environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 10, 2017
every department is different... and there is really good Management.. I was unfortunate that it had change after a new company took over the department I was in...but in general a good place to work..
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
it is a 24/7 facility...
Great
Medical Professional (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 9, 2017
I absolutely loved working with my doctor and nurse. They not only helped me grow, but they were like family to me. I am very sad that I am no longer able to work with them.
Wants change but unwilling to change
management (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 14, 2016
Like many community hospitals they leadership wants change but struggles to do what's necessary to change. When change happens established leadership feels threatened and takes up defensive positions.
Overall a good environment and workplace.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHApril 26, 2016
A typical work day is very busy in a fast pace environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with those patients on a day to day bases and doing what I can to make there stay the best it can be.
Great place to work. Nice people.
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 3, 2016
My particular job was working in the Surgery Dept. Everyone in the surgery dept ( including management) works together as a team to make sure the patients surgery experience is the best possible.
Pros
Time goes fast.
Cons
One break all day.
Review of Wilson Memorial Hospital Clinical Dietetics
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Challenging and productive opportunity for a part-time clinical dietitian position. Opportunity to provide nutrition support and develop programs for in-patient care to deal with the ever shorter time patients are in acute setting. Also, opportunity to participate in long term care as a relief dietitian.
I loved helping people
patient care tech, phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 15, 2015
I either worked as a patient care tech. caring for heart patience, surgery patients n pediatrics. I also worked in the laboratory obtaining out patients body fluid per doctors order for example, blood, spinal, sputum etc. management worked the bes they could with scheduling. Loved my coworkers. Enjoy making patients feel cared for.
Pros
I could further my education while working on the job.
Cons
I had to move for a family emergancy, unexpected therefor i had to quit after many years
Med-Surg
Practicum Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 29, 2015
This was a clinical rotation for nursing school. I was manager of care for each patient and provided evidence-based practice while following UVMC's policies and procedures. I did routine assessments, medication administration, while maintaining the patients safety and confidentiality.
Productive and fast pace experience.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYOctober 8, 2014
Typical day at work will consist of drawing out patients and in patients. Making sure that the Stat blood works be done right away and Emergency department is always first. I have learn that patients may refuse blood work done but it's one of the key to finding out what brought them to the hospital. Our management team understand what we go through everyday and try to help us with anything we need. My supervisors are very knowledgeable and would go extra mile for it's employees. The hardest part of phlebotomy is getting close to elderly patient and the next week they are gone. Being a phlebotomist can be very rewarding and you learn medical terms along the way from the nurses and doctors you meet.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
n/a
RN (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 13, 2014
Busy job with great teamwork. Nice paced hospital and good mngmt,
Always busy
Medical Office Assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 5, 2014
I enjoyed the constant moving about the hospital, and when the staff is all on the same page, things run rather smoothly.
Cons
Lack of advancement
busy ob/gyn ultrasound and mri
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 1, 2014
loved being a unit secretary and working in a hospital setting. printing films, answering calls, transferring patients. I love my office manager and the techs I worked with and the radiologist .
Pros
long hours and attendance bonus
worked deleting double numbers for LAST 1 1/2 YRS
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Worked doing double numbers at medical records, did front desk reception per deum and was a sitter up on the floors per deum
Pros
Loved working with people