Wilson Medical Center

Wilson Medical Center Employer Reviews

CLOSED
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: nice lunch breaks
Cons: bad pay bad working hours
The hospital is now closed use to be a pretty good place to learn if you where fresh out of school.
Acceptable working coditions
Nurse Aide II/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 3, 2014
I enjoy very much working here. The only complaint is that I do not feel as if I am able to utilize all of the skills in which I have been trained to do.
Great place to work!
Special Procedure Technologist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Great place to work, wonderful work/life balance. On site daycare, great team to work with in and out of the department.
Enjoy the work, but hectic
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 1, 2014
Enjoy the work I do.
Hours are a little more than I would like.
general summary
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Wilson, NCApril 3, 2014
very busy environment but never a dull moment. Jobs are rotated throughout the week.
A great place to work with nursing staff that are committed to their community hospital
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere. studor philosophy for customer service
Cons: self-insured. no match 403b
Wilson Medical Center is a small community hospital with a staff of committed employees that are very proud and conscientious regarding the healthcare of their community. I was recruited by this hospital to create a float pool for the nursing department to help facilitate the staffing of the hospital during high census and as the hospital was growing in its services.

From the moment that I walked into this facility, the warmth of the employee team from housekeeper to administration was evident of quality customer service. I accepted the position as a two year assignment that was offered with the understanding that once the program was in place, I had the option of staying or leaving. I chose to leave when the program was well established and I felt the new manager was very capable of continuing successfully.

I enjoyed the time I was with this facility. However, this was a 100 mile round trip each day and the drive was becoming more difficult for me due to my need for cataract surgery. The hospital was self-insured and I therefore would have to drop my current physicians and have the surgery there to have insured coverage. So with that in mind and after so many years of working with my physicians, I opted to take retirement when the program was stable. I have since had my surgery and my vision is now beyond my greatest expectations.

I am a young at heart retiree that enjoys projects and details that help others to understand issues and how to resolve problems. Through my work with the education dept. at Wilson, I developed an orientation program for new employees that was – more... adopted by other departments in the hospital to assure employee understanding of the job and behavior expectations.

As with many hospitals, managers wear many "hats." I was also in charge of the Bed Placement to facilitate efficient flow of patients from the emergency department to inpatient admission. This became a project that later evolved into a Six Sigma project that continues to this day as improvement is recognized throughout the process. It is a challenging process and touches everyone from Physicians and staff to families. Obviously, something that requires continual attention to detail.

I was also in charge of the morgue. This was truly a new experience for me as I was never aware of all the legal implications of a county morgue. When I assumed the role, it was not being well monitored. I simply implemented all the rules that were supposed to be followed and took away the many sets of keys that were "floating" around the hospital and EMS group. Housekeeping, maintenance and lab were all opening the door and allowing body drop-off/pick-up without signing in or out making it difficult to track coroner cases appropriately.

All in all, I did a lot of walking, talking, teaching of staff and patients while monitoring my new staff or checking off skill competency. I wrote the Standard of Care for the Clinical Resource Unit (float pool), interviewed staff nurses and nursing assistants for the pool and made rounds daily. About once per month I tried to meet as many night or evening staff to remain visible and available to my staff. Working with the other nurse managers was always a pleasure and I value their professional opinions and friendship to this day. – less
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMarch 5, 2014
Clean rooms, Clean lobbies, clean bathrooms, clean windows. Take out trash, sweep/mop floors. Wipe down beds, makeup beds, stock clean linen in every room. Stock paper towels, toilet paper,& soap.
hardworker
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 24, 2014
Like work around people good day at work learn more thing everyday cowork nice
Productive, Fun, Fast Paced
Pharmacy Technician student externship (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 7, 2013
There was always something to do there. I stayed busy constantly the staff was friendly and helpful and taught me a lot. I highly enjoyed working there,
Discrimination
CNA ll (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: cnas bonded and helped each other; travel rns rocked
Cons: lazy rns, high turnover, discrimination
Terrible place to work! All CNA I & II get treated like unfair! Most of the RN are lazy! All they do is give medication and sit down and talk and play computer games! Most of the time late night the CNA's are up working and the NURSES are sleeping! I have captured several pictures of charge nurses sleeping like a baby! CNA's can't get any help what so ever! The best nurses to ever come through and actually work and believe in helping were the TRAVEL NURSES! The 3rd floor(3west) and the 5th floor(5east) are the most terrible floors in the hospital! Turn over rate is very high on those floors they go thru managers and CNAs like crazy! And fire, suspend or discharge the CNAs for stupid things and dont realize that CNAs do majority of the work there! That hospital without great CNAs would be a tragic because we did all of patient care! I was a CNA who spoke up about things that wont right! I believe in defending myself! I was discharged for not being able to return to work when they needed me. Medically my MD gave me restrictions but said I could return but they wouldn't allow me to come and help where I could help them because of tiny restrictions. I was hurt on the job and denied workers compensation and after not being able to return so soon they sent me certified mail that I was no longer a employee. They called me for everything else they could have called me to tell me I was no longer a employee instead of avoiding me and sending mail. I was a very hard worker pulling and turning over 300lb patient alone asking for help and couldn't get it and this results in me getting hurt for not having help! I would not recommend anyone to work here! If you are not part if management or a RN you are nobody to them!
Currently in transition
Human Resources (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: staff deverlopment
Cons: vast operational and financial inefficiencies
WMC is a good place to work; however it is about to merge with a larger healthcare system.
ok place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 10, 2013
ok place to work I did enjoyed working there wish I was still there
A calm enviornment with great people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Neodesha, KSJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work should include feeling like you made a difference in somebodies life. I look to have a freindly inviornment with co-workeres and encourage team work. I enjoy feeling like I've made a differance in the lives of others or feeling like I have successfully helped someone. I like to complete all tasks given to me prpperly. The hardest part of work includes when problems occure and trying to find a stratagy to fix the problem within a timely mannor.
GREAT BENEFITS
Patient Registrar II (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 3, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people. The hardest part of the job making sure you are available to our customers at the most efficient time possible.
Excellent place to wrok
Staff nurse, RN (Current Employee), Wilson, NCApril 22, 2013
Pros: excellent salary comparable with surrounding hospitals. pediatricians are excellent to work with
Cons: unsure about job security
Excellent place to work. Excellent place to learn new skills. Management cares about the employees. Hardest part of job is not knowing about job security. Most enjoyable is working with the moms and babies.A typical day/night at work is come on-duty, receive report, assess your patient. Provide care of client. Pediatricians are excellent to work with.
Great work environment
Vascular Technician Student (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYMarch 27, 2013
I was placed here for a clinical rotation while in college. Overall I learned alot.
It was goood to be able to help sick individuals
CNA 1/Unit secretary (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMarch 21, 2013
Pros: working with caring staff
Cons: 30 minute lunch for 12 hour shift
The evening started with shift change report, meet patients & check on their needs, rounding every 2hrs, charting, taking vitals, prepare patients for surgery or procedures I had a great manager, very caring.Many of the nursing staff wouldn't hesitate to answer questions or walk you through a technique. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being under staffed, but we got through it! Needless to say the best part was being able to bring comfort to someone during a tough time.
Most appealing job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 6, 2013
I really enjoyed the fact that I was on my own each day. I loved interacting with the customer base and was happy that they were happy with our services. My co-workers were the best.
Great work environmet with great management.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 2, 2013
Teamwork was great, everyone was willing to help each other. Managment was apporoachable.
very nice co-workers
Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJanuary 13, 2013
the hardest part of the job is when we're understaffed...the easiest part is when there is teamwork