Wilson Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Dark hole
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 10, 2016
Don't be quick to jump for this job. If you're looking for equality, advancement or respect...keep looking. One of those places where they favor those who've been with the company forever.
Cons
Short lunches, rude pharmacist, no teamwork.
nice place to work.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 26, 2016
nice place to work. first ct job that i got right out of school. they were very willing to train me right out school. didn't work there long b/c i was hired full time some where else.
phlebotomist
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 8, 2016
went to rooms in the hospital to collect blood and took to the right location(department). also worked up orders and complete them.
worked with two year olds
(The Growing Tree), (Lead Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Teach, motivate and prepare activities for children 2 years of age, weekly lesson plans, provide a fun, safe and loving environment, provide daily activity sheets, communicate with parents daily.
Pros
seeing those little faces everyday
Cons
not enough pay
Awful
Patient Register II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 7, 2016
Hateful people. Good luck. Management are awful. They could care less about you. No respect. Benefits arent that great.
Pros
A job
Cons
Very productive cardiology department, dedicated to patient care
Cardiology Technician level 4 (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work would include meeting with patients, preparing them for procedures and working with physicians to do a diagnostic on the heart. Many of my co-workers were great and easy to work with. Every week, we would meet in order to find out anyone's idea's on how to make the department more effective and better for the patients.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
Some days it was so busy, I did not get lunch.
I approved working there.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 29, 2015
I've earned an internship at the Wilson Medical Center. The internship was for to earn credit in the Medical Office Administration program at Wilson Community College. The duties were maintaining medical records and the front desk.
Pros
Earn work experience
Cons
Low pay
Progressive Enviroment
PC Support Specialist II, 2016 to Present (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 21, 2015
Learning environment , early adaption to new tech and procedures. If your a valuable employee management will support you and your decisions.
Great place to start career as ED nurse
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 8, 2015
Worked nights which contrary to some beliefs, is a busy time. I learned to manage my time and with time got to know the Drs and NPs and the way they liked to do things. I learned "triage" is the name of the game at all times in the ED. I loved the environment and people I worked with. The team work in the ED was fantastic. The patients we saw were mostly very nice too.
Pros
Close to where I lived, discounted gym membership
Cons
Short staffed
Very busy
Patient Registar I-Outpatient Registration (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 1, 2015
A day at work is very busy and unbalance. There is a lot to learn and a lot of work and not enough hours in a day to finish. Teamwork is great but the hardest is keeping up with all the reports an individual have to do. The enjoyable part is the teamwork when one person don't know and others are willing to help and constantly pitching in without asking.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
a lot of work, short lunches, and not enough employees
WilMed
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Good people to work with.
Flexible Schedules
Patients are good to work with.
Great learning environment
you can move around to different floors and departments to learn about each one which is great when you are a student
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
long work days
It was goood to be able to help sick individuals
CNA 1/Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 21, 2013
The evening started with shift change report, meet patients & check on their needs, rounding every 2hrs, charting, taking vitals, prepare patients for surgery or procedures I had a great manager, very caring.Many of the nursing staff wouldn't hesitate to answer questions or walk you through a technique. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being under staffed, but we got through it! Needless to say the best part was being able to bring comfort to someone during a tough time.
Pros
working with caring staff
Cons
30 minute lunch for 12 hour shift
Excellent place to wrok
Staff nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 22, 2013
Excellent place to work. Excellent place to learn new skills. Management cares about the employees. Hardest part of job is not knowing about job security. Most enjoyable is working with the moms and babies.A typical day/night at work is come on-duty, receive report, assess your patient. Provide care of client. Pediatricians are excellent to work with.
Pros
excellent salary comparable with surrounding hospitals. pediatricians are excellent to work with
Cons
unsure about job security
A calm enviornment with great people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neodesha, KSJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work should include feeling like you made a difference in somebodies life. I look to have a freindly inviornment with co-workeres and encourage team work. I enjoy feeling like I've made a differance in the lives of others or feeling like I have successfully helped someone. I like to complete all tasks given to me prpperly. The hardest part of work includes when problems occure and trying to find a stratagy to fix the problem within a timely mannor.
Run away! Do not apply for this job! Until Managment changes, stay away!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  HospiceOctober 7, 2012
Wilson Medical as a company is a wonderful place to work. Hospice as a department is a hellish place to work. Manager is not a nice person. She is very mean and cruel to employees. There is very high turnover and she bullies employees into leaving. You will work very looonnnnng hours with little compensation. I was there for a few years and watched how she treated all employees. People are afraid of her. Employees try to avoid her at all costs. They stay away from her office, sneak up back stairs and hallways, and try not to talk to her at any means. The company is out of compliance with regulations as well. You will be walking into a mess. Be aware!
Cons
long hours, micromanagement, little compensation, tense working environment, high turnover, stress, negative work enviroment
Good company to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed helping the patients and their families with what they needed. My co-workers and supervisors were great to work with and work for.
Pros
3 day work week
Friendly people but low pay
NA (Former Employee) –  WilsonMay 8, 2012
People are very friendly but the pay is extremely low and there is no room for advancement unless you are an RN. This results in a high turnover rate. Because of the shortage in many departments it's sometimes hard to take a break. When you do get a chance to take one, they are often interrupted.
Pros
close family friendly atmosphere
Cons
low pay, high turnover rate
Very family oriented
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 13, 2012
This company gave me a wonderful opportunity at a young age with job growth, offers excellent benefits for full-time employees. I enjoyed the environment and the educational classes that they offered as informational sessions
Pros
caught fish program
Cons
twelve hour shifts
excellent benefits with great employess
TEAM TEACHER II (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 15, 2012
Wilson Medical Center is one of the BEST places to work in Wilson. The benefits packages are phenomenal, and it is an overall excellent company.
Pros
great opportunities to make good friends
Cons
a little under payed, long days with long breaks, limited time off
The usual Nursing Routine
Clinical Lead Nurse Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 28, 2012
The staff was friendly.The days varied. Staff load varied. It was too busy and too slow during most parts of the day. A usual Out patient services unit. Everyone gave Excellent Patient care.
Pros
great staff
Cons
the usual md/nurse conflicts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilson Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wilson Medical Center Reviews by Location