Wilson Medical Center Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 28, 2017
Absolutely the worst hospital I've worked at in @ 14 years of Nursing.
There were more codes in the 6 months that I was there, then I saw in the previous 13 years of Nursing combined.
They don't care about nurse to patient ratios.
Be prepared to have more patients than you can handle, and what's safe.
The nurses there are great people, if only management cared.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Support (there is none), safety (none), never adequate staff or supplies
Was a nice place to work and help sick people
Courier (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 13, 2017
this medical facility was a good place to work but some of the management made it a place you didn't want to be. Other than that i loved my job as an employee there.
Pros
Seeing and meeting different people everyday.
Cons
not enough pay
Wilson Medical
Student (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 8, 2017
I was not employed by Wilson Medical Center, I was a clinical student for the pharmacy. Wilson Medical Center's employees were very nice and professional. They were always willing to answer questions and help with objectives that I did not fully know how to accomplish solely.
Good Place to work
Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 3, 2017
Wilson Medical Center is a good place to work, there is always room for advancement.They care about their patients and their employees. I would recommend working here to a friend starting out.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 2, 2017
The pay is a little lacking, but overall one of the least bothersome places to work at out of all my experience. Easy going & atmosphere pleasant. Would recommend.
Pros
good leadership, culture good
Cons
Pay decent
Hardest part of the day
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 24, 2017
The hardest part of the day would be feeling like you are not appreciated by your manager. Feeling like when you voice a concern it is over looked until enough employees complain about the same thing.
Has potential but needs work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 28, 2017
Stressful, hard to get a real raise, and management doesn't know how to treat employees. Management would rather overwork their loyal employees instead of hiring more clinical staff. Everyone in the clinics are completely burned out. Management does not have stable procedures in place for day to day workflow. I would never recommend employment in this organization to anyone.
difficult work atmosphere
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Difficult work atmosphere due to high turnover amongst administration. Poor staffing ratios. Unsupportive of education
Neurodiagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 2, 2017
This hospital is very behind the times. The pay is not great. They keep cutting hours. Because they do not have EHR i would get called in to print and fax a report. People are not that friendly.
Enjoyable
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 9, 2017
This is a very good place to work or to either get started at in the healthcare field. The hospital is not too big so you won't get lost. It doesn't matter what department you are in you are welcome when you happened to get floated to another floor. They value teamwork which is kind of odd being that sometimes it is hard to find good teamwork here.
Pros
discounts at certain places
Cons
certain managers are horrible and never take your personal life into condiseration
If you like working like a robot, come here.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 13, 2016
I worked at this hospital for a good while. I will say that the benefits are good, I liked the fact that you can use your badge to pay for your food, although it can add up quick on your payroll. I wouldn't suggest doing it on a regular basis. Most of the people there are friendly and are willing to help you.
The downside? YOU WILL BE OVERWORKED!
The minimum amount of patients you will have will be 8. The norm is at least 12 patients. I have worked on a floor by myself with 21 patients. No other aides due to a holiday. You will be called CONSTANTLY while with other patients to tend to someone else, plus juggle vital signs, turns, charting, bathing and other various requests. There is favoritism in that place. Management will listen to your requests, but nothing will get done. There are lazy people who want to do the minimal amount of work possible and catch an attitude if you ask for help turning someone. They will write you up or fire you over minor things. The pay isn't very good. I would not EVER recommend working 3 West or 5 East. They are the worst floors! You will face burnout very quickly with this hospital!
Pros
Most RN's are helpful, decent lunch option
Cons
Lazy staff, patient overload, tense environment
Dark hole
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 10, 2016
Don't be quick to jump for this job. If you're looking for equality, advancement or respect...keep looking. One of those places where they favor those who've been with the company forever.
Cons
Short lunches, rude pharmacist, no teamwork.
phlebotomist
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 8, 2016
went to rooms in the hospital to collect blood and took to the right location(department). also worked up orders and complete them.
nice place to work.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 26, 2016
nice place to work. first ct job that i got right out of school. they were very willing to train me right out school. didn't work there long b/c i was hired full time some where else.
worked with two year olds
(The Growing Tree), (Lead Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Teach, motivate and prepare activities for children 2 years of age, weekly lesson plans, provide a fun, safe and loving environment, provide daily activity sheets, communicate with parents daily.
Pros
seeing those little faces everyday
Cons
not enough pay
Progressive Enviroment
PC Support Specialist II, 2016 to Present (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 21, 2015
Learning environment , early adaption to new tech and procedures. If your a valuable employee management will support you and your decisions.
Very productive cardiology department, dedicated to patient care
Cardiology Technician level 4 (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work would include meeting with patients, preparing them for procedures and working with physicians to do a diagnostic on the heart. Many of my co-workers were great and easy to work with. Every week, we would meet in order to find out anyone's idea's on how to make the department more effective and better for the patients.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
Some days it was so busy, I did not get lunch.
I approved working there.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 29, 2015
I've earned an internship at the Wilson Medical Center. The internship was for to earn credit in the Medical Office Administration program at Wilson Community College. The duties were maintaining medical records and the front desk.
Pros
Earn work experience
Cons
Low pay
Great place to start career as ED nurse
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 8, 2015
Worked nights which contrary to some beliefs, is a busy time. I learned to manage my time and with time got to know the Drs and NPs and the way they liked to do things. I learned "triage" is the name of the game at all times in the ED. I loved the environment and people I worked with. The team work in the ED was fantastic. The patients we saw were mostly very nice too.
Pros
Close to where I lived, discounted gym membership
Cons
Short staffed
Good company to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed helping the patients and their families with what they needed. My co-workers and supervisors were great to work with and work for.
Pros
3 day work week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilson Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval