Wilson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Review of Wilson Memorial Hospital Clinical Dietetics
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), Sidney, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Challenging and productive opportunity for a part-time clinical dietitian position. Opportunity to provide nutrition support and develop programs for in-patient care to deal with the ever shorter time patients are in acute setting. Also, opportunity to participate in long term care as a relief dietitian.
I loved helping people
patient care tech, phlebotomist (Former Employee), Sidney, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: i could further my education while working on the job.
Cons: i had to move for a family emergancy, unexpected therefor i had to quit after many years
I either worked as a patient care tech. caring for heart patience, surgery patients n pediatrics. I also worked in the laboratory obtaining out patients body fluid per doctors order for example, blood, spinal, sputum etc. management worked the bes they could with scheduling. Loved my coworkers. Enjoy making patients feel cared for.
Med-Surg
Practicum Student Nurse (Former Employee), Sidney, OHJanuary 29, 2015
This was a clinical rotation for nursing school. I was manager of care for each patient and provided evidence-based practice while following UVMC's policies and procedures. I did routine assessments, medication administration, while maintaining the patients safety and confidentiality.
Productive and fast pace experience.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: n/a
Typical day at work will consist of drawing out patients and in patients. Making sure that the Stat blood works be done right away and Emergency department is always first. I have learn that patients may refuse blood work done but it's one of the key to finding out what brought them to the hospital. Our management team understand what we go through everyday and try to help us with anything we need. My supervisors are very knowledgeable and would go extra mile for it's employees. The hardest part of phlebotomy is getting close to elderly patient and the next week they are gone. Being a phlebotomist can be very rewarding and you learn medical terms along the way from the nurses and doctors you meet.
RN (Current Employee), Sidney, OHAugust 13, 2014
Busy job with great teamwork. Nice paced hospital and good mngmt,
Overall good place to work
Nurse (Former Employee), Sidney, OHMay 16, 2014
Small town feel with large values on patient care and customer service. Pay is low in comparison to hospitals in the dayton area but retirement benefits and insurance are outstanding. Advancement is unfortunately based on who you know not your experience or job performance. Jobs have even been created for people because they are friends with a doctor etc. staff retention high stable work environment.
Always busy
Medical Office Assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYApril 5, 2014
Cons: lack of advancement
I enjoyed the constant moving about the hospital, and when the staff is all on the same page, things run rather smoothly.
busy ob/gyn ultrasound and mri
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee), Sidney, OHFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: long hours and attendance bonus
loved being a unit secretary and working in a hospital setting. printing films, answering calls, transferring patients. I love my office manager and the techs I worked with and the radiologist .
worked deleting double numbers for LAST 1 1/2 YRS
HIM Specialist (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: loved working with people
WORKED DOING DOUBLE NUMBERS AT MEDICAL RECORDS, DID FRONT DESK RECEPTION PER DEUM AND WAS A SITTER UP ON THE FLOORS PER DEUM
Its exciting to meet new people everyday
Dietary worker (Current Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: i get to meet all kinds of people
Cons: when someone you take care of passes
A day for me at work can be hard at times most of the times I go up on the floors and talk to patients about their diet Ive learned a lot that their is so many difference diets , learning the diets was a little tricky but gets better every day
Fantastic Place to Work
Management (Current Employee), Sidney, OhioAugust 30, 2013
Pros: approachaable management, great employees, bright rooms, good equipment, wonderful physicians, strong benefits and compensation, family friendly.
Cons: healthcare is a challenging industry and so the pace can be frenetic at times
Wilson has wonderful people who are devoted to patient care and doing a great job. The environment is welcoming and team oriented. The management team is thoughtful and tries to do the best possible job they can. Wilson is a strong hospital and always trying to improve. The community supports the hospital. Employees are valued and many have been working there for many years. Lots of opportunity to grow.
Perfect hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sidney, OHJuly 24, 2013
Small hospital with big town values. Very wonderful people work here and make the hospital as successful as it is.
wilson memorial hospital. community based
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), sidney,ohioMay 15, 2013
Pros: good benifits, stable, team atmosphere
Cons: night hours, low staffing
wilson memorial hospital. community based. great team skills. good patient population.
Hourly employees great, management not fair in workplace.
full time (Former Employee), Sidney, OHApril 28, 2013
Pros: nice new environment, hourly workers fairly friendly.
Cons: terrible insurance benefits, favoritism in workplace.
Do not except a position here, if you are looking for advancement. Wilson is a workplace where it is not what you know, it is who you know. So unless you have friends and family in upper management your career will never go anywhere.
Review
Charge Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2012
Good work environment in a busy community hospital. Offers excellent opportunity to get experience in many different areas of nursing.
Great learning experience
Intern in Recovery Room (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJuly 10, 2012
• Transfer patients throughout hospital and interacted with their families
• Stocked supplies, filed documents, and other paperwork
• Shadowed nurses and surgeons to learn more about the medical field