WILSON SPORTING GOODS Employee Reviews

This company was not a personality match for me.
Sales Representative - Wilson (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2018
We were put in poor positions with poor delivery by warehouse on a monthly basis. Management shared numbers with other employees. The volume of work could not be accomplished in a respectable work week.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Atmosphere and culture of company
There are better warehouses in the area...
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNOctober 5, 2017
Consider applying to other warehouses in the area. They pay more and are likely to have better structure because this place is chaos pure and simple. The way they do things is madness and makes zero sense. They also only hire through temp agencies and to get hired on with the company you have to last 90 days. I say last because most people don't, not when there are better prospects around. I was promoted and the only reason for that was because I was related to the person that had the position previously before they got promoted. But even so raises are pathetic, a whole fifty cents! So I'm in the process of leaving very soon, within the year because holidays are terrible too.
Fast paced and always working
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work. Focus has now shifted to being more of an online sales force then a B2B operation. The sales force is the best and hardest working in the tennis industry.
Good
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here good environment, good management good benefits, on the job training, special events were provided for employees, vacation time was good
Not many chances for advancement, unless you are in with someone. Strict point system,even if bad health,you can get your 5 points to be suspended.
Inbound Lead (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 28, 2017
Maybe a good starting point for warehouse work.Not enough opportunities for advancement. Strict policy on attendance. Could be a little more lenient. Other than that,great place to work.
Pros
discount
Cons
advancement opportunities, point system
Productive fast paced enviroment
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJune 24, 2017
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities
love
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJune 2, 2017
doing your job and having fun doing it,the love that was was there was great and management was very fair,the work place had agood vibe to it,the hadest part of this jod when the machine was not running good,enjoyableof this job was the people and the way management was handled
Pros
friendly, respectful
Cons
nothing
Great company
Golf Club Builder (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILApril 29, 2017
Great company to work for if you get in the right position. Great people who care about you and not just making you slave away all day. Really fun environment.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2016
Productive environment, fast pace, good pay rate and benefits, management was always on point, professional work area
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TN 38583November 9, 2016
We handled custom uniform orders from design to production. It was a very high stressful environment with not enough training to complete the tasked required.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Lack of Training
Sales Rep
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
Co-workers and company are great - some management needs improvement

Great opportunities for advancement if you work hard

Typical office politics - steer clear of office drama
Grassroots intern
Baseball Event Intern (Current Employee) –  Emerson, GAJuly 25, 2016
10 hour shifts. Sales/Marketing Positions. Enjoyed the work environment just long hours and 60+ hours a week. Learned how important product placement is when trying to sale certain products.
This was a fun place to work
Senior Inventory & Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJune 8, 2016
Come in and enter orders for processing. This was a great place to work and all employees were friendly and helpful. Management was always working to make your day great.

All my time at Wilson I really enjoyed.
Pros
Celebrated employees birthdays each month
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed working for the company
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
Workday-
Priority was to review orders held on past due accounts. Call accounts for payment, negotiate payment options, ship orders based on negotiations.
Review new account applications, if accurate and all information was provided, check sectary of state and tax information. Set up account in the system, make sure opening orders were entered and released.
Took all incoming calls, assisted accounts in various situations, very customer service oriented.
Called past due accounts.
Issued credit on accounts that had billing errors, lost shipments, returned items, etc...

Hardest part of job, not enough time to get everything done.
Most enjoyable part was contact with the customers, they became very good friends.
Pros
Did have a bonus program based on objectives that needed to be met each quater.
Cons
Was too far
no benefits
order selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMarch 16, 2016
a good place to work and the people are great i pulled orders for sporting goods and clothes with a cherry picker also loaded trucks and unloaded trucks for restocking
Productive but had down times (tow)
VAS Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet TennesseeOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. I gained a lot of experience. Wasn't offered any opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of raises
Help Desk
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
I like taking call and talking to people over the phone or at there desk. Very rewarding to see the look on the people face when you fix there problem. I also dis a lot of traveling to Wilson other location in the country reimaging and renewing there PC hardware at other locations.
Pros
I like everything about the job.
Cons
Managrment
Very rewarding place to work
Singer Sewer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 12, 2015
I was a singer sewer. The job is very rewarding because it was piece rate, so the more you sewed the more you get paid. The hours are 5am-3:30pm Monday-Thursday, Friday is time and a half and with superbowl season coming we worked every Friday. I sat at a sewing machine all day and sewed linings onto footballs.
Sports industry , progessive and innovative
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas TXDecember 11, 2014
Wilson in an authentic sporting goods company with great values. Over the last several years Wilson has taken the necessary steps to remain a top brand in the sporting goods industry. The company has taken the necessary steps to develop key management positions and invest in tools to sustain itself has a lead innovator of new products in the sporting goods industry. Work environment is independent and allows the flexibility to manage and develop your territory as if it is your own business.
Great experience. Great opportunity
Pros
independent work enviroment
Cons
not applicable
Great Opportunities
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILAugust 1, 2014
I worked at the Corporate Offices in River Grove, IL between 1975 and 1978. In Facilities Engineering we handled all major renovations, modifications and upgrades to all of the Manufacturing and Warehousing facilities throughout the contiguous United States. My contribution was to design and supervise Industrial Hygiene or Dust Collection Systems.
Interesting work and a lot of it. Unfortunately Pepsi-Cola decided to change the work ethic which made Wilson the company that it had become.
The Corporate Offices in River Grove, IL were torn down. Corporate and engineering functions were spread out to small office locations.
It was definitely a positive employment experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to that engineering environment.
As a side note; Wilson Sporting Goods originally started out as a spin-off industry to process scrap animal hides from Wilson Meat Packing. Pigskin and Cowhide being put to good use; Footballs and Basketballs. For this reason, factory workers manufacturing Golf Clubs would have to pay union dues to a meat packers union.
Pros
Family oriented, decent benefits.
Cons
Supervisors were under qualified, Abused travel to spend company budgets for their own personal gain.