Winchester Hospital

Winchester Hospital Employer Reviews

productive and fun work place
Internship (Former Employee), Winchester, MAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: energetic environment and great learning experience
Cons: entry to unit is big hassle
i was there as intern. it was really humble experience for me all the co workers are very friendly and giving type. every body tought me whatever they knew about the work so i got a chance a lot about sterile processing method. which i will cherish all my life.
safe environment to work in
Food Service Employee (Former Employee), Winchester, MAOctober 18, 2014
co-workers are friendly and adaptable
work was fairly easy, managers easy to get along with
fun place to work but difficult to juggle
Diet Associate (Current Employee), Winchester, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: some coworkers
I like working here but some of the people I work with are uncomfortable. It's difficult to comfortably work with certain people
Patient Transport
Patient Transport (Former Employee), WinchesterSeptember 25, 2014
Keeps you active! working with one or two other people to move all stretcher bound patients in a 240 bed hospital. Some tough weekend shifts if they're short staffed, but a friendly place with a great staff.
Friendly caring community hospital
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Winchester, MASeptember 15, 2014
A growing hospital that have all the latest technology, and advancements for better quality of care in your own community.
the best part of my job was meeting and greeting new people
Admissions Department Manager (Former Employee), Winchester, MAAugust 10, 2014
i enjoyed meeting new people everyday
i enjoyed working my co workers
Productive and supportive environment
Clinical Associate (Current Employee), Winchester, MAMay 21, 2014
I have learned a lot from working at Winchester Hospital. The staff is very intelligent, caring, and welcoming. My only complaint is that there is no opportunity for graduate nurses.
Enjoy doing general tauma x-rays those that may take time. Hobbies are gardening.
Staff Technologist (Former Employee), Winchester, MAMay 5, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with those who that are make work enjoyable
Cons: i may be a little slow producing the xirays i feel that the best. also, possibility slow learnig work with the computer.
The x-rays I enjoy are those that may require detail. Doing bed side & OR work. I enjoy working with the C-arm my best experience is with the 9800 I have work also with the 9900 as well. I am also willing to work extra. I enjoyed working with most of those I worked. The partI disliked was needing to know in detail on doing procedures that were seldom – more... done within my shift. – less
Friendly place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Winchester, MAApril 6, 2014
Love my surrounding at Winchester!! Everyone is helpful and nice.
Professionalism limited
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Stoneham, MAMarch 21, 2014
It is so nice to do something rewarding for a patient when they appreciate you. It would be nice to be rewarded by Management on occasion and I don't mean monetary just a good job or thank you would be nice.
Absolutely Horrible!
former employee (Former Employee), Winchester Hospital, Winchester, MAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: clicky and rude staff, short lunch breaks, no support
Worked here for a short time and it was horrible!! If you are coming here to learn and expand your career forget about it! They will not teach you or give you a chance. Staff was clicky and if you don't fit into there group, they will find ways to push you out. Manager not supportive or caring. Staff was rude and will talk about you behind your back. – more... Very unprofessional and toxic atmosphere! – less
Great place
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Winchester, MAJanuary 17, 2014
It was a great workplace. I learned how to take care of patients of all types from newborns to overweight patients, to people in wheelchairs, to pregnancy patients, to regular folks. I met a lot of interesting people in the workplace. People I will never forget.
Externship
Externship (Former Employee), Stoneham, MADecember 26, 2013
I Loved having my externship there. The ladies are wonderful I learned alot.
Great place to work!!
Per Diem Registration Representative (Current Employee), Winchester, MAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not as many available shifts
So many different locations and so many different tasks that not one day is the same as the other. The people are so kind and warm to work with/for.
Productive and engaging environment
Administrative Secretary II (Current Employee), Winchester, MAOctober 3, 2013
- I communicate with patients via phone/email or in person on a daily basis; perform all general operations for the Outpatient clinic; maintain patient files and act as a liaison.
- I am now much more knowledgeable of the computer systems, managing invoices and filing daily deposits.
- I have the ability to provide excellent customer service as well – more... as administrative support.
- The management and staff of the clinic was very welcoming and supportive. They really care about patients and how they can help. – less
great place for advancement,great place to work
Medical Administrator I (Former Employee), Winchester, MAAugust 25, 2013
it has been a while since I worked here but loved it, very knowlegable co-workers
Wonderful caring work place
Assistant Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Winchester, MAJuly 22, 2013
Excellent facility to work. The staff is always dedicated and take the time to practice the best care they can provide to each and every patient.
Good place to work that look out for their employees
SQL Database Analyst (Current Employee), Winchester, MAMay 14, 2013
Pros: flexiable on scheduling time and employee appreciation cook outs and dinners.
Cons: no real cons.
My night is uploading and cleaning flat files from Health Plans into SQL. I have learned quite a bit about the health care industry, that I did not know before working here.
The management is very good and help you when needed.
My co-workers are very nice to work with and have been help and I have helped out.
The hardest part of the job is working with – more... Health Plans to get updates and info needed to make my job more streamlined.
I enjoy working with SQL and health care data to learn more about the health care business. – less
Eye opening experience
Physical Therapist Assistant Student (Former Employee), Winchester, MAApril 28, 2013
Pros: excellent ci
Cons: weekend shift
Great CI focused on creating an enjoyable yet challenging experience.
CI focused on having the student be able to confidently work independently.
All areas of health care work as one team (PT, OT, Nursing, PA, MD)
Opportunities to observe surgery and be involved in pre and post surgical rehab.
Medical field, dealing with terminally ill patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: all of the above
The hours were good, the shifts were good, I went to school to get my certification as a CNA to try out the medical field. Later I found out this was the wrong career path for me. I had to bag and remove bodies after they had passed, and watch and tend to dying patients. Everything about that job was hard, especially watching family member's suffer – more... as their loved ones passed away in-front of them. – less