Winchester Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MAJune 19, 2017
Good company can have advanced teaching depending on where you are. Flexible schedule for working parents. Could offer some better benefits as in paid time off.
Cliquey and bad benefits
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 6, 2017
There was a lot of nurse to nurse bullying going on by the nurses who believe they run the place. It is supposed to be self scheduling, but the committee just moves you around if you are not in the clique and even when you requested certain days off. Mandatory meetings are at times that are not nightshift friendly, but you have to go to at least 6/yr of it is a negative reflection on your evaluation. Benefits are horrible! $2500 deductible on health insurance!
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Cliques, bad benefits, lousy pay
Productive workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MassMay 29, 2017
First thing in the morning working at Nurses station empty trash, make sure it is dust free, mop floor, running errands as requested by staff, going in to the Medicine room next to make sure it is clean and sanitary, next to the staff lounge area making sure that is also clean and sanitary. Both rooms floors are mopped, Staff bathroom also clean and sanitary. Going into patients rooms to empty trash, clean bathrooms, and mop floors. When patient is discharged, clean bed sanitized remake bed with clean linens, clean bathroom again and mop floor again. Also other activities through out the day...Work with an excellent staff of Nurses and Doctors. I work on a Cardiac floor and customer service is essential. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with each patient.
Pros
Learn something new everyday
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches
excellent community to work in
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 26, 2017
Everyone in this establishment is loving and passionate about the service they provide. The work is done accurately and with love. Scheduling is done to satisfy everyone and their needs.
A very good place for clinical
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 24, 2017
The nurses and staff are all very dedicated and friendly and I feel the job culture here was the best among all other sites that I had been assigned to.
Was the best company I worked for
Manager SPD (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MA 01890May 19, 2017
Lean Six Sigma
Always tried to find the good in a person and at times made discipline difficult.
Patient first in all we do.
Teaching with Trainer was a joy she enjoyed her role and was excellent performing it.
The fact that All of Administration knew their employees first names, knew what was going on in your department and was transparent.
Pros
see above
Cons
offsite parking
Everyone there is nice and welcoming.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MAApril 19, 2017
I think it is a great work place everyone is respectful. Everything is structured and well prepared from the head boss to the cleaners. I think it is great place to stay for work or as a volunteer.
Productive and honest job
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 18, 2017
Working at Winchester Hospital as a Clinical Assistant is very fast paced. the job entails a lot of hard work and is very fulfilling. co-workers are very supportive.
Friendly
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 16, 2017
Community Hospital with great reputation. Magnet certification three times. Great benefits with matching retirement benefit. Friendly staff with great coordination of services. Part of Lahey Health
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
very few part time opportunites
great place to work
Surgical Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  7 mckay aveMarch 30, 2017
I called insurance companies to get approval for surgeries
I collected all the Cometic Payments for Surgery
I got approval for cat scans.
learned meditech and insurance websites
Pros
location
Cons
dont drive
Great Co-Workers
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 29, 2017
Winchester is a great community Hospital, with a friendly staff. The department works together extremely well, covering each other as needed. Holiday coverage however is too much for perm per diem employees.
understaffed, poor mangement
Registered Nurse (RN) Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 28, 2017
The hospital is sometimes understaffed, there is poor management, poor health insurance is provided to employees, not flexible with changing hours for current employees.
Great Place
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work. Very friendly people and very helpful. They help you when you need it. I recommend working here, but it is important to do research to make sure its for you.
Great workplace
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 24, 2017
Winchester hospital is a wonderful place to work,supportive staff,flexible hours,clean work areas,I have worked their on and off for 20 years, I always return because it is so great to work for.
Perfect community service job
Emergency Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 17, 2017
Winchester Hospital is my second home due to the friendly staff and overall amazing environment. The leadership in the hospital genuinely care and appreciate each and everyone of their employees.
Winchester Hospital
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 14, 2017
Winchester Hospital was an incredible organization to work for and almost every employee I've met feels the same way. The culture of the hospital is unbeatable.

The communication between administration, managers, and employees is great and they really make their employees feel valued. While working here, I felt that I had the best co workers around!
Collaborative work environment.
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Trusted leadership. Excellent work/life balance. Generous PTO. Advancement limited. Favoritism in some departments.
Pros
work from home option
management needs some personal skills
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  ASCFebruary 1, 2017
Mgmt not focused on employees but on volume only. Feel patient care is not the #1 priority. issues do not get answered, the safety of the employees is not a priority.
Amazing!
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAJanuary 29, 2017
I loved working as a volunteer at Winchester Hospital. I worked there for four years and they were amazing from start to finish. I was always ready to help patients and staff and I will never forget all the great times I had
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Winchester Hospital is a great hospital to work for. I absolutely adore my coworkers and management. However, the pay isn't great compared to other Boston area hospitals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winchester Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2