Winchester Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful community hospital with caring staff and loyal patients
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed the sense of community from both my co-workers and patients. It is nice to work at a hospital that patients actually choose to go to, even if that meant paying a higher co-pay. I think that speaks volumes to the quality of care given at Winchester Hospital. I would have loved to continue working here, but I moved south of Boston and my commute became over 90mins plus with traffic.
Best Place to Work
Patient Registrar/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAFebruary 19, 2016
As a Patient Registrar/Scheduler every day I would come to work and do the following:
Patient Registrar/Scheduler
1 Updating insurance, addresses, names and other personal information
2 Insuring correct and current billing information
3 Directing reports for nurses and doctors
4 Ensuring the patient’s right to privacy is maintained
5 Scheduled patients for various hospital tests.
I learned that the patients always come first.
My coworkers where the best to work with.
The hardest part of this job was the distance I needed to drive to and from home.
I loved this job and wish I could find another nearer my home.

This was the best place I ever worked. Management treats employees like they really want you to be there.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
CT and Diagnostic X Ray in a per-diem role.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 6, 2016
Worked at Winchester Hospital since 2006; long term relationships with the personnel in the radiology department.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient care.
Great place to work!
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 22, 2016
I have been working at Winchester Hospital for about two years and enjoy it very much. They are located ten minutes just outside my house, and I enjoy that it is a small community hospital.
Not very diversed
Coordinator/Lead scheduler (Former Employee) –  Winchester, NVMarch 16, 2016
Not diversed at all. This is a community hospital, yet ttheir staff doesnt reflect such.There are barely any minorities working there.
Pros
GOOD DOCTORS
Cons
NOT DIVERSED
amazing hospital, I was a vascualer ultrasound tech in training.
Vascular Technologist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MANovember 14, 2015
I was hired as an xray tech to learn and work in the vascular ultrasoud lab. I had to teach myself all the instermentation and pysicics of the machine and whole new vascular anatomy. BUT I DID IT! 8 months into my training when I was getting ready to study for my test to be a vascular tech I was told that my boss was leaving and so wasnt' the girl who had been training me. So the only poeple left were traveling techs who were not contracted to train me. I got laid off. I have never bneen more devistated. 8 months down the drain and a dream lost. I hope to finish that dream. one yaer and I can finish this dream. I'll do it. I hope. I just have to find the place to work with me and hear me out. I know so so much AND REMEMBER SO MUCH.
Pros
I can teach myself anything I want
Cons
sometimes things just dont work out
Community Hospital
Clinical Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 15, 2016
I worked as the Clinical Manager at Winchester Hospital. The Pharmacy Department is a close knit department that created an enjoyable workplace.
Straight Forward Job with no coworkers.
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 7, 2015
The custodial and miscellaneous duties were distributed well, and do to the cleaning schedule, never seemed like to much to handle. I worked by myself once the nurses left at closing time.
Pros
easy and flexible hours
Cons
no coworkers, not a lot of hours
Worked with a great team in the Emergency Department
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT -EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed my 12 years in the ED. Staff is extremely caring and everyone lends a hand. If someone needs help, they asked for help, but most times help was given without asking.
Pros
ED staff works so well together as a team
Cons
Lack of breaks due to volume and staffing
Productive place
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAJune 25, 2015
There is nothing else to say about this hospital. I was laid off due to a merge with Lahey Clinic. I have gained a ton of experiences and met a ton of people. The hardest part of my job was parking my car at a cementary.
Pros
Family oriented
No comment
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAAugust 3, 2015
I have worked with many professional and dedicated workers in my career with Winchester Hospital.

I would recommend this hospital and related medical offices with 5 stars!
Radiologic and Special Procedures Technologist (Current Employee) –  Winchester MAJune 29, 2015
Warm friendly place to work.Great co-workers create a family type work place.
diverse patient load. Busy emergency room. up-to-date-equipment
Management has tendency to be self oriented
Great hospital to work for.
Medical Transcription (at home) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Worked 8 hours a day from home. Had contact with the hospital any time through email and phone contact. My co-workers (who also worked from home) were all very easy to work with and keep in touch with when necessary regarding the jobs we typed.

The hardest part of the job was there was no hard part to my job. I enjoyed every part of my job. I truly enjoy being a medical transcriptionist.

I enjoyed working for such a great group and I was treated well and given recognition when the job was done well (through raises, bonuses, etc.). And letting me work full-time from home was the best part.
Pros
full benefits (sick days, holidays, vacation time, health and dental insurance.
Caring work environment
HIM Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAJune 15, 2015
Everyone at Winchester Hospital, is very caring and polite. The management is involved.

The hardest part of my job is working every weekend,
Pros
flexable management
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Consistently recognized as a top employer by both the Boston Business Journal and Boston Globe
HR Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAOctober 31, 2014
In my nearly 20 years at Winchester Hospital I have worked in several different departments, each with a wonderfully supportive supervisor who encouraged my development and provided me with opportunities to test new skills. My work involves collaboration with all levels of management and staff and has been very gratifying. There is a true team culture at Winchester where everyone pitches in as needed and we treat each other like family. The most difficult part of my job(s) is having to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, and the most enjoyable part is the variety of interesting projects in which I've been involved.
productive and fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAOctober 18, 2014
i was there as intern. it was really humble experience for me all the co workers are very friendly and giving type. every body tought me whatever they knew about the work so i got a chance a lot about sterile processing method. which i will cherish all my life.
Pros
energetic environment and great learning experience
Cons
entry to unit is big hassle
Enjoy doing general tauma x-rays those that may take time. Hobbies are gardening.
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 5, 2014
The x-rays I enjoy are those that may require detail. Doing bed side & OR work. I enjoy working with the C-arm my best experience is with the 9800 I have work also with the 9900 as well. I am also willing to work extra. I enjoyed working with most of those I worked. The partI disliked was needing to know in detail on doing procedures that were seldom done within my shift.
Pros
i enjoy working with those who that are make work enjoyable
Cons
i may be a little slow producing the xirays i feel that the best. also, possibility slow learnig work with the computer.
Absolutely Horrible!
former employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester Hospital, Winchester, MAMarch 8, 2014
Worked here for a short time and it was horrible!! If you are coming here to learn and expand your career forget about it! They will not teach you or give you a chance. Staff was clicky and if you don't fit into there group, they will find ways to push you out. Manager not supportive or caring. Staff was rude and will talk about you behind your back. Very unprofessional and toxic atmosphere!
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
clicky and rude staff, short lunch breaks, no support
Productive and engaging environment
Administrative Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAOctober 3, 2013
- I communicate with patients via phone/email or in person on a daily basis; perform all general operations for the Outpatient clinic; maintain patient files and act as a liaison.
- I am now much more knowledgeable of the computer systems, managing invoices and filing daily deposits.
- I have the ability to provide excellent customer service as well as administrative support.
- The management and staff of the clinic was very welcoming and supportive. They really care about patients and how they can help.
Magnet Hospital - top notch
RN Post Partum Floor, Charge RN Well Baby Nursery (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 25, 2012
Winchester Hospital was truly a wonderful hospital to work for. Management was always availible and listened to any ideas you had for improvement.
The staff was happy and adequate for our acuity at all times.
Working there...you always received appropriate inservices to aide you in your growth as a team member.
All co-workers were always willing to help no matter what the situation.
Pros
computerized.....magnet hospital

4.3