Winchester Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Unfortunately not a good experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 29, 2017
High turnover among staff, poor leadership, lack of support from administration. Behavior issues/concerns interfere with instruction and academic success of students. Overall poor moral.
Pros
Diverse learning community/culturally diverse students and staff
Cons
High staff turnover/lack of leadership
Great School District to Work for
Transportation/Facility Usage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 7, 2017
Winchester Public School District is a wonderful place to work. Supervisors are supportive, approachable, and value their employees. The business manager is easy to work with and willing to streamline procedures to improve efficiency and customer service. He has my highest endorsement. Co-works are knowledgeable, professional and friendly, they truly care about the families and staff in Winchester.
Pros
People and staff are very kind and friendly
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Operations Supervisor/Building Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601October 7, 2016
Enjoyed co workers and their desire to provide the best service for the students

Staff was friendly and promoted teamwork
Pros
great family atmosphere
Cons
cost of healthcare
enjoy the work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 26, 2016
Prep food, serve food, store food away take in deliveries and make sure orders are correct and fresh.It was difficult to be expected to do someone elses job, when trying to get your specific task accomplished.
Demanding work pace
Lead ELL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 8, 2016
Love my job here, but there have been changes in the administration recently which is impacting our school morale. I have great colleagues and we work very well together. We do feel pressed for time and wish we could slow things down.
Pros
Teacher Appreciation Week
Cons
pace
Working at a High School
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2014
Working at a high school as the main IT person on the campus was exciting and very busy. My responsiblities included maintaining the network, hardware and software for over 400 computers and over 900 faculity, staff, and students. I learned how to build a server from scratch, how to create and maintain login accounts, how to set security permissions on the groups, how to install network printers, and troubleshoot and repair hardware, and install software. The staff at the school were a joy to work with as was my manager. The hardest part was leaving the school system. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the faculty, staff and students.
Pros
Working with the faculty, staff, and students
Cons
Making the decision to leave.
Healthy and professional atmosphere at school.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 8, 2014
Working in daniel morgan school(winchester public schools) was exciting yet challenging. I usually arrived at school around 7:45, taught 2-3 blocks and had 1 "free"block. I enjoyed doing research during this time. Sometimes I helped to organize students during lunch break. I would leave school around 2:30. I have learned that being precise and disciplined helps you to achieve your goals and respect of students and colleagues. The hardest part of the job for me was not being too strict. The most rewarding thing is students' attention and knowledge that they receive.
Pros
The bright smiles on students faces.
Cons
Too much technology.
Okay place to work
Substitute Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Winsted, CTMarch 7, 2014
Being a Substitute Paraprofessional is an okay job, but calls to work do not come in often. The teachers and students are usually pleasant to work with.
Pros
Pleasant coworkers
Cons
Calls to come into work tend to be rare.
I liked the work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day was helping children with their reading. I would also help with other classes and did lunch duty.
I learned that working as teacher assistant was not that easy. My co-worker were not really helpful and they all had clicks. This was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed working with the children.
Pros
I like working 9 months and get off the three months.
Cons
The people I worked with.
Excellent place to work
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 9, 2014
40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, 2 weeks of vacation, they take care of your very well. My co-workers are very experienced in what they are doing, and don't mind answering questions or offering a hand if I am doing something wrong. I enjoy working outside, the only hard part would be, when its 110 degrees, and you are outside in steel toe boots, long pants, and a t-shirt, and you are weed wacking, but it is part of the job that I enjoy.
Pros
Great co-workers, good pay, 2 weeks vacation
Substitute teaching
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 7, 2012
To instruct students as if they had their regular teacher.
To follow instructions of the teacher.
To make sure students follow the rules of school and classroom.
Pros
the love of children
Cons
it is not a full- time job.
Great temporary job
Temporary Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 11, 2012
task varied daily based on request. Alot of physical labor and outdoor work.