Winchester Employee Reviews

Love the job.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Winchester, INAugust 28, 2016
Love the kids.But need a full time job at this point in my life. Agreat place to work. Everyone gets along and are very caring.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Only apart time job, can't have more than 30hours
Horrible work environment and job culture
Machine operator, Capping 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Capping second shiftJuly 9, 2016
The department I was working with was capping. Micromanaging foremen. Too worried about disciplinary action, rather than educating an operator to avoid a problem. Policy driven discipline. Substandard ethical lens. Many of the problems that arose were due to the inability of management to address them from an educational point of view. My training was substandard from a senior employee...not a foreman. Equipment is over 150 years old with many mechanical, electrical issues. Parts are worn and need replacement. Department head refuses to acknowledge that there are quality issues stemming from worn machinery and careless operations. What I have learned is to recognize a hostile work environment and how to avoid those types of workplaces. I've learned now how I could have engaged my foreman better by seeking to view his stance via a proper ethical lens and how better to diffuse conflicts. My co-workers were also hostile and cut-throat. Everyone is worried about keeping their job rather than relaxing and concentrating on enhancing performance. Help is only available via personal problem solving. Foreman are absent for 80% of a given day. Upper management could benefit by sending middle management to obtain proper training. Most enjoyable part of the job was punching out at the end of the day.
Pros
great benefit package, competitive pay.
Cons
hostile work environment, substandard management.
Awesome Office
RMA (Current Employee) –  Dr. BishopJune 6, 2016
I have really enjoyed these 6 years in the office. They are compassionate about their patients care and maintaining patient care. Nothing is ever repetition, my co-workers focus on their jobs and the patients that they deal with on a day to day basis. Our patients are not just a number but individuals that deserve our attention and deserve the best care we can give.
Productive and fun environment, wonderful food.
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy. My chef is hard and doesn't accept anything less than perfection. Management is firm and keeps employees extremely focused. Sometimes the pressure is the hardest part of the job, however, I still enjoy it because I'm doing what I love.
fast paced, hard work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2016
You prep specials ever day, work hard, and pick up jobs that need to be done. It is a great place to start your culinary career.
Pros
free food on your shift
Cons
hard to balance work and school
Fast paced Production Work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Alton,Il.March 27, 2015
I learned good communication skills. team work to achieve high ,and good quality production. Enjoyed the challenge of trouble shooting to get the job done right and meeting the expectations of the responsibilities management had me responsible for. great relationships with my co-workers. Not knowing if you would get to go home and work over until the last minute was the hardest part of my job.
Pros
great benefits, descent pay.
Cons
having clean coveralls, and metatarsal steel toe boots that fit correctly provide, Unnecessary overtime.
Team oriented, friendly environment.
Admiistrative Assistant/Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
Team oriented, friendly environment.
My focus was with clients and I did administrative tasks for the President and Managing Partners.

Detail oriented tasks, met deadlines.
agressive search firm focused in the healthcare financial services and pharma sectors
Principal (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
senior recruiter placing consultant in the life science and payer/provider sectors
Pros
self motivated
Cons
contingent model is obsolete
Very Business Like
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 15, 2013
The management team had no clue how to do there jobs. Upper management just wanted numbers did not care about quality. Employees were just a number.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
extremely hazardous enviroment
Productive job
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Whitley City, KYMay 6, 2013
It was a pretty easy job.. I enjoyed cleaning and being around older people..
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
great resturant and owner
busser (Former Employee) –  buffalo, wyMarch 6, 2012
this resturant has great serivce. The manager is awesome and a really good person to get to know.
Pros
good tips
Cons
not open all day