WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

can be fun to work at but is more of starter job and not a career job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2018
work schedule is all over the place, lots of high stress. Dealing with lots of rude customers. Stress can get to employees and cause employees to become rude and cranky.
Productive and easy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Working there was typically easy and fun especially in the produce department where i worked. Management was good. Moving heavy pallets might have been the only hard part about it. Interacting with customers made it fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Paid leave, medical care
Cons
broken equipment
Very good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORJanuary 16, 2018
This company is perfect for younger people looking to climb the corporate ladder. Great retirement with the stocks that they give you. Advancement is there unfortunately usually requires movimg.
Nope
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 16, 2018
Not worth applying. They play favborites between staff. Do not add you to the schedule if you are not their favorite cashier. Or anything else. I asked over and over for more hours no matter what shift. I was willing to work and grow in that position. Never given a chance.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Staff. No paid anything.
Stressful, underpaid, poor management support
meat dept (Former Employee) –  Various locations.January 16, 2018
Was with the company for 15+ years. Winco used to be amazing. Their business ideals have changed dramatically over the years. All anyone hears is their good reputation. Unfortunately the reputation is all that's left. The work is very hard and the pay has not kept up with even the cost of living. Arby's pays the same in mu state with one quarter the responsibility. Veteran employees that remember the little company that could are finding better employment elsewhere.
Pros
Standard benefits package. 401K (not matched).
Cons
Favoritism. Low compensation. Hard hours.
It's good if you don't have a family
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Benefits are great, the stock you get is great. The hours and pay are bad. I had to work 3 departments to get 32 hours. After a few weeks they cut me.down to 22 hours still,working 3 departments. If you're young with no,family, it is a great place to,work. If you have already established a family and need to,support them. Don't bother.
Poor management and suck pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 15, 2018
Worst job I’ve ever had. I quit because I couldn’t take it anymore. The managers treat their employees with no respect. They suck at working around a college schedule. They don’t care about you or about their customers. The hours worked are long and hard and winco honestly just needs to be shut down. Their food is expired half the time and we were told to scratch off the dates on expired food and change them. After that I just had to leave I was so embarrassed to be a staff member. Worst company I’ve ever witnessed in my life.
Cons
Not what it's made out too be!!
freight team (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Winco is a cut throat business they're only work you peanut hours. 8 to 12 hours for part timers and 32 hours for full time. Management cared more about getting you out of the store early then letting you work. Very sad now I understand why they have the highest turn over rate in America no joke.
Pros
10 min break
Cons
8 hours a week doesn't cut it.
very productive and caring workplace good benefits
Produce Clerk and Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 14, 2018
manager was strict but nice at times the coworkers were very caring and generous easy to collaborate with people. every last friday of the month the bakery manager and team would work together to provide us employees with some cake for everyone's birthday for that month.
Fast paced environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yamhill County, ORJanuary 13, 2018
I learned a lot about how long food will last and how many different types of food there are.Friendly workplace and management was good. Most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
Messy job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Good to get stocks . however I didnt too much like the people. Customers . the work . I just didn't like it . great for getting stock and for a first job strait out of high school. Preferably for a responsible adult ... Hours were not consistent. Stupid point system . working in the bakery . you have more freedom .
Pros
.. Stocks
Cons
Cant really work around hours
winco
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 10, 2018
the experience was enjoyable, I had excellent coworkers and full of motivating experiences. The best part about the job is that I was able to grow as an individual through learning different skills not yet acquired.
Fast-paced work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 7, 2018
As an assistant manager for WinCo, expect to be compensated very well in terms of salary, stock, benefits and bonuses. It can be a very intense place, especially in some of the busier, bigger stores. That being said, if you're interested in an ASM position, prepare to have absolutely no free time. Shifts are consistently 12+ hours and you work 6 days every other week, so you only have 3 days off in a two-week period. Management (especially District Manager and VP's) have changed considerably in the last few years, getting worse as time goes on. If you like being belittled and talked to like you're a child, an ASM position at WinCo is the perfect place.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Unsupportive, bullying environment
Fast Paced
Customer Service, Cashier part-time (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 6, 2018
The overall work is for the go getter, fast paced, quick learning individual. Lack of consistent schedule is the biggest complaint as you will work 8-5 1 day a week, 3-midnight another day, 1 day off then 3 11-8 shifts and a 3 to midnight. it's ridiculously scheduled!
Loss my job because I was trying to gain an education.
All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJanuary 5, 2018
Was given too many tasks to handle for the day and was constantly interrupted to help the front end. Management spent more time nit picking all of the mistakes in your department instead of helping out and over all a thankless job. Assistant manager fired me cause of my attendance due to his lack of co-operation to schedule around my school schedule.
Pros
Benefits, Stock
Cons
Set to fail, heartless managers, stressful environment, cut throat
employee owned?
Journeyman Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 4, 2018
great benefits, horrible management. they said the company is employee owned, its even off building but yet employees have no say in anything. they don't like older employees cheap labor is their motto!
Pros
bennefits
Cons
management
I enjoyed my fellow employees
Receiving Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJanuary 4, 2018
If applying to work at WinCo, I would suggest that you be willing to relocate if you are interested in moving up the ladder. There stock options have changed from the earlier years, it takes longer to be 100% vested and it not as much as in the earlier days of employment. But it's nice to have that retirement!
Pros
Employee Owned
Cons
takes longer to be vested
Hectic Holidays
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 3, 2018
The typical day at work would be fast paced and always on the move. Departments in the store work much harder and have more tasks than the average sales floor employee (although the pay is the same). The customers can be brutally rude and often there is violence and name calling so you have to have thick skin.
Pros
Really good benefits
Cons
Department managers make the same pay but have different responsibilities.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Managers have no spine. Feels like the employees run the place. Favoritism at its finest. Over worked and underpaid. Used to work close to 50 hours a week and never got days I requested off while other coworkers got every weekend off.
Task oriented job
Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Part-time hours are scheduled to those that deliver on productivity and is an independent working position. This would not be a position for those looking for more of an interactive and social environment.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Quiet Atmosphere, no music allowed for overnight work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinCo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.