WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

best place to work...
WAREHOUSE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 26, 2017
best place to work.. benefits are the best, pay scale is the best, people love to work to for winco, retirement is awesome!!! I have had the best experience working at winco.
Hard work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 26, 2017
Winco Foods was the best company I have worked for. The benefits were unmatched in Idaho, unless working for the state or government. The pay at the store wasn't the best and the chance of becoming full time was very slim unless you were there for years and years. The warehouse was the funnest job I have had to date. The work was hard and the hours were long. Some days I hated it, when you got your paycheck from the warehouse you remembered you loved it. Pay was outstanding for Idaho and the overtime you could get from it was even better! Paid Holidays and did I mention the benefits!?
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not much room for advancement without crazy experience or a degree
Very family oriented
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMarch 25, 2017
Lots of room for growth within the company if you are willing to work hard! Both my son and daughter started out at this company and now my daughter is a lead clerk and my son advanced to management, this company provides great benefits and leadership skills.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plan
good work environment
Seafood Operator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 22, 2017
Stay busy stocking shelves. ordering seafood. Learned how to order what was needed. Management was helpful. Other employees were fun to work with. Great team. Most enjoyable part was setting up my own seafood display. The hardest part of the job was probably finding out what to order without ordering too much or too less.
Pros
employees were fun to work with.
Cons
No cons
Hard work but customers are pleasant usually
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2017
I didn't work here for too long but I could tell that management was sloppy because we had managers come in from different WinCo stores to help us out.
Very fun
Bulk Item Stocker (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The environment was full of energy and positivity, as well as informative and motivating assistance. I would love to go back!
Fun workplace
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
Everyone worked together as a team to get things done around the store. Communication was definitely a key in the workplace. Work hours were great and everyone was kind to one another. If there was a problem we got it solved quickly.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
No discounts
An amazing job to work for great benefits,great work environment, advancement opportunities
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
A typical day working maintenance for Winco foods is gathering shopping carts in the parking lot, mopping and sweeping floors, cleaning the bathroom,helping customers, changing garbage bin, making sure that products are picked up off the floors and put back on the shelves, making sure product is facing the right way. What i learned was how to maintain the grounds and keep things clean and looking presentable. Management is great they really care about their employees. the work culture is very friendly coworkers are always willing to help when needed. the hardest part of the job was having lead clerks telling you different things to do all at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping out the customers and seeing the work you have done. Really felt like you were making a difference.
Pros
employee stock, full medical benefits, great pay, great job security.
Cons
having multiple bosses telling you what to do all at once.
Enjoyable work place with a healthy environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 17, 2017
I constantly learn at my job, it's one of my favorite things about it. Management enjoys teaching employees to better themselves. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand of product that we sell. Best part of the job is my coworkers, and learning about the business.
Pros
Good minor management
Cons
Invasive upper management
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 15, 2017
Working at WinCo foods has been an amazing experience. There are many opportunities for advancement and the environment is very friendly. The employees definitely work as a team to help achieve a smooth running business
Pros
Great benefits
Fun place to work
Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 13, 2017
I started out my night by counting getting information on the displays and how much I needed for the shelves then returning to the backroom for those items. Customer service was small due to the time of day but needed none the less. There were some hard nights when it would get really busy because the shelves were empty and would have to act like it was full. My fellow coworkers were very nice and helpfull as were the management.
Winco is a very busy store with many benefits
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 9, 2017
Customers can shop at this store and get great deals on sale items. There are many items to choose from and I recommend it to young families and recommend shopping there for others. For employees, it might not be the best place to work, unless you like extremely fast paced places and a lack of breaks and lunches. On the other hand, the benefits and stock holding possibilities are up for grabs after a certain amount of time, but work diligently and make sure to have perfect attendance and be competitive. Work hard and you can achieve anything.
Pros
Very large selection of food items, home and garden, cosmetics, hardware and a very large frozen section.
Cons
management could be better, strive for helping provide excellent customer, I feel that it is being neglected
Friendly environment and fun workplace.
Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 8, 2017
Managers and coworkers were all friendly and fun. They made working very enjoyable and easy. They took care of not only the customers need but also the needs of each other.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 7, 2017
Winco Foods , was an amazing place to work . Management , coworkers and customers were all very friendly and easy to work with. The pay was also good.
Organized and efficient grocery store
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the great employees at Wincos.
The workplace culture is upbeat with work always needing to be done.
Friendly employees
Cart Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA11March 6, 2017
They have the best customer service I've ever experienced. The employees are friendly and the management is great. I always see the customers leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I loved working for WinCo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 5, 2017
I loved working for WinCo as a cashier and wish I was able to get my job back there as a cashier. The environment was nice and my co-workers were nice.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 5, 2017
Having the opportunity to work with such a great group of individuals makes each day at Winco a lively experience. Winco allows you to grow as an employee and emphasizes on working together.
the days at work
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 4, 2017
- a typical day at work
- proficient in cash management
- workplace culture
- the hardest part of the job was finding the parts
- the most enjoyable part of the job is working full time
Productive fast paced job with great benefits
Freight Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 3, 2017
Learned a lot of good skills in a short amount of time and had fun for most of it but there are quite a few time where the environment can be very toxic at this certain Winco

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinCo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

78%