WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

I would be happy if they hired me back. I left on good terms
Front End Manager / Bulk Foods Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 19, 2016
I was hired by Waremart back in 1986. In 1990 they bought into the Cub Foods franchise. I believe they came up with their own name in 1995, its been so long ago. Winco met they had stores in wasington Idaho Nevada, California and Oregon. I quit in 1999. to move out of State. I worked in a few departments, from bulk food Manager to front end manager. They always gave oppurtunitys to advance. They were a great company to work for. Now that they have a Store in the town that I live. I have applied a few times. They wont give my application any consideration which I don't understand. You would think they would want some body that use to work for them that has a lot of experience. I probably wont apply again because its very discouraging to keep getting turned down by a Company that you worked so hard for all those years.
Awesome fun people to work with.
Pizza Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2016
Great productive place to work at. fun people great management. Fast paced keeps you on your feet so you always have something to do. customers are fun to interact with.
wincos is a great place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 14, 2016
I learned to work at a fast paced environment how to wax and buff floors the proper way I also learned where most iteams are placed I learned how the freight crew works deli I learned how to properly clean the meat department and how to clean bulk
Pros
it was fun working there
Cons
it was grave yard
Productive and Fun
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 31, 2016
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, your co-workers, the hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Nice Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 31, 2016
This job was good and helped me make money as I went to school to get my Phlebotomy certificate. I liked the people I worked with and the hours were flexible.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Great people to work with.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2016
Great company, great benefits, only downfall is low pay and low raises. Hard to keep employees due to low pay and low working hours. There is room for advancement if you are willing to work for low wages until then.
great company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 27, 2016
Great Company to work for, great environment, management was very helpful, co-workers made the job enjoyable. Gained skills with customer service and handling cash
Good job if you're immune to sickness and family emergencies
cart clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 26, 2016
I worked at winco for almost two years. Despite showing interest in moving into the store (I was a cart clerk) I never got the opportunities to do so. I'd still be working there today but I was terminated due to taking some days off for family emergencies and sickness. There is no compassion in the management and the point system punishes the people that are down on their luck more than anything else. they also refuse to give you more than 25 hours a week because they dont want to give benefits to you.
Pros
employees are great to work with
Cons
point system is an enharently broken system and shouldn't be used anymore
winco
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 20, 2016
Mostly great days and good customer,some moody, just keep smiling. Co-workers are great for the most part..To much drama for me..The hard part about winco was the pace you needed to work at non stop all day. Customer can be tough, you just don't take it personally.
Pros
Great customers, good pay and benifits
Cons
new managment (one year) with no clue on how winco works.
fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 18, 2016
The co workers that I had to work with where very fun and encouraging. They wanted to make sure that I had help anytime that I needed it. Getting to know the customers and the environment was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
many breaks and free coffee
Cons
not a lot of hours
Great place to work during college
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 13, 2016
I enjoy working at Winco foods. The management is friendly and it is really easy to learn new departments. It has taught me to be a diligent worker and to provide quality customer service to all customers. Really fun employees. Only downside is the lack of full time positions.
Productive and Fun place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 10, 2016
Everybody at the company is great and are all willing to hep you understand the company and what they expect of you. This company is a wonderful company I like working here and I would refer it to others also.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
N/a
Ever changing work environment
Cart Clerk (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 10, 2016
As a cart clerk the job is tough on your feet and back and usually fast paced. The job teaches you how to be alert and aware of your surroundings. The management is strict but fair in most cases. I don't really work with anyone else but I do interact with some of the lead clerks, cashiers, and parking lot security throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is the physical strain but you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to ride the carts back to their stalls when it's slow.
Pros
Excellent benefits, stable work hours
Cons
Physically draining, time intensive
Great people and great atmosphere!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WASeptember 24, 2016
I loved working at WinCo! Management was easy to talk to, customers were happy, and coworkers were friendly. Cashiering was long, monotonous work, but I enjoyed being able to socialize with the customers.
great company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 23, 2016
Very friendly coworkers great benefit's. Good hours I was vey proud to say I was a Winco employee. Good prices and quality products made my job very easy.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
not ful-time
good pay, horrible managment, doesnt care about employees
Loss Prevention officer (Former Employee) –  northern californiaSeptember 23, 2016
As a loss prevention officer for winco foods this meant I was a corporate employee which was great, however the politics that go along with this company far outway the good pay.
Pros
good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Managers do not care about employees
Nice and safe job to work at .
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Winco foods was a really great job. I had fun working there , nice coworkers as well . I no longer work there simply because they weren't giving me enough hours.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Weren't getting our breaks on time
Summary regarding winco foods
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 17, 2016
Winco is a great store to shop and save. Aisles are stocked with great product and those are filled by the one and only workers us! Starting the day i would always have different shift so i would work in different departments. Each department is unique in its own way and i would know what needs to be done and excel in everything i do . Grocery department consisted of stocking from aisle to aisle in a good pace. Bread department consisted of working early a early shift before all the shoppers got their so the bread would be looking all nice and fresh and full for the customers . it would be my job to keep inventory as well and order as needed. Freezer department was stocking the frozen and working fast so you wont get cold! I was Also a Cashier where i would help out when needed as a back up or do that all shift depending what was scheduled. Overall i was always busy and running around.
Pros
great benefits, fast pace.
Cons
lots to remember, relying on people to get job done was hard
I would recommend this as a first time job
Customer Service,Help Desk, labor, maintenance (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2016
I liked working here. The schedule was always convenient and the staff was friendly. If asked to work here again I would consider this option.
Good Job
Manager in Training, Meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2016
This is a good company to work for up to a point. Management leaves something to be desired but the company is growing and there are always growing pains.