WINCO Employee Reviews

WinCo is the best place to go!
Cashier, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJanuary 28, 2016
When hired they gave us extensive training on how to be the best cashiers we could be. We would come to work with our smiles all across our faces. The atmosphere was the best and there was never a dull moment. We always boosted each other up and helped each other know that everything is going to be okay.
Pros
great benefits, bonuses, happy customers
Cons
do not accept credit cards
It's a great place to work.
MEAT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 10, 2016
I would stock the shelves, wrap the product, and put away the product. I have learned so much from the job. It really got me out of my shell. I learned how to be a better person, a better employee, how to take care of customers. My co-workers were the best people that I have ever worked with. They were very helpful and caring. There aren't very many hard parts in my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone and taking care of the customers.
large grocery chain
Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 29, 2015
I worked the night shift unstocking freight and stocking it to the shelves , while helping shopping customers. Winco is a huge grocery store therefor you had to be very fast paced in order to have the store perfect in appearance by six am . I built floor displays organized the back stock in backroom, was one whom stocked LRQTS , as well as picked up in dairy dept. I loved working with others whom were as enthusiastic and eager to fulfill the duties in the proper manner.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
large empoyee overturn
simple work, undesirable hours
Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 24, 2015
work was very easy to understand and co workers were easy to get along with. lack of hours became an issue. graveyard shifts weren't ideal but it was still an overall good experience
Pros
awesome people
Cons
inconsistent hours, no health benefits
Productive and Professional
CASHIER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 15, 2015
greet and provide awesome customer relations. the management at winco is family focused and friendly. the hardest part of the job is deescalating upset customers. the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction assisting customers with everything to make their winco experience amazing.
Fun place to work and understand the food industry
Part Time (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 18, 2015
I typically worked four hour shifts. I would prepare the demo food for that day. Give samples to customers and talk to them about the product I was trying to promote for the company. My co-workers were fun to work with. The job was very flexible. It allowed me to learn more about food products and the food industry.
Pros
Hands on experience with food.
Cons
Wish I had more hours
Deli Clerk
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  west valley utJune 7, 2015
Managers had Favorates and when new to the department they only wanted to work with employees that they hired. It was a good place to work as far as money.
I learned a lot of customer service.
fun place to work with room to grow with company.
Produce 3rd manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 1, 2015
with company for 4 years, good values, worked closing shift, able to express my opinion to management. able to learn and teach other employees.
Fast paced work environment. Great Benefits.
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 11, 2015
Win Co is a great place to work & shop. Quality merchandise; fresh produce, including Organic. A large Bulk foods selection.

The staff is Friendly and Happy!

Management is extremely fair, great work ethics, good leadership skills.

The benefits are well worth the hours you work, weather 10 to 40 hours a week.

You all work at the same pay depending on the hours you receive & hours you work through. You can always know how much each other make, again, a fair concept, even if one has more experience.
Pros
Benefits & bonus.
Cons
Not many full time opportunitties, unless management ready.
Over Night Freight Clerk
Over-Night Freight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Duncaville, TxApril 20, 2015
Unload all product off all trucks, including both dairy and frozen products. Down stack all pallets, removing all items from their pallets, wheeling them to the isle they belong and placing items in their specific locations. After all isles have been thrown, pick up left over items, creating a back stock board, then wrapping and racking all items. Making sure the floor is clear of all debris, plastic or other foreign material. Once complete, maintaining the organization of all steel spots. making sure all pallets are wrapped and secure in their locations.
Great Managers and Co Workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 15, 2015
I love working with my mangers and co workers, they're all really helpful. There are great health benefits and other benefits for working at WinCo.
Stocking in a fast past environment.
Freight Person (Former Employee) –  Portland, Oregon, 97230January 22, 2015
Clock in and go to the floor and unload pallets to the floor. Line up merchandise to the correct isles. After that we start to stock the merchandise to the shelves. After stocking we had to face the isles which means pull the old to the front and put the new behind it. Then sometimes we set up displays. I learned how to stock in fast and timely manner. Management was ok but I dealt with it. My coworkers treated me some what fairly. The hardest part was the holidays. We received a lot of merchandise and we still had to stock at the same pace as on a regular day. The most enjoyable part was learning to stock in a fast environment.
Pros
after a period of time we was able to start saving money for retirement.
Amazing benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  portland,orDecember 8, 2014
Amazing benefits, Good people, Employee-owned. Start pay is just a little over min wage, but after a few years, you make a pretty good hourly wage. Retirement and health benefits are the best out there.
Fast pace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 19, 2014
1) Customer service, slice meat, make salads, clean, stock.

2) Learned move in a fast pace and multi-task

3) Hardest part was working graveyard.
Pros
consistent paycheck
Cons
hours
very redundant
all purpose freight clerk (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 17, 2014
same thing and repetative, management doesnt do their jobs as far as maintaining product, insuring there is no damaged product on shelves and workers are consistently putting up everything they can up on the shelves. if youy dont seek out what to do next or in what area you should go that they will not tell you and you can head in whatever direction you want and work on whatever you feel. little leadership
clean
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 20, 2014
Great prices, helpful co workers, lifting assistance.
Learned how to do inventory. Management was great at answering questions.
warehouse work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  portland oregonSeptember 9, 2014
enjoyed coming to work and working hard to accomplish my every day tasks
Over all great experience.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2014
Working at Winco was not the easiest. It was a lot of work and a bit overwelming at times. I always stayed positive and always asked plenty of questions. I learned a lot from that job and met a lot of great people. I'm glad I got to experience Winco as my first job.
Pros
made a lot of friends.
Cons
other peoples work drama.
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 9, 2014
customer service in a deli where you talk face to face with your customer makes for a challenging job but a rewarding job at the same time. i assisted the managers in their monthly audits and looking back i believe that working for the public has made me much more keen on whats going on around me.

the people of WinCo are all great, we all work for the same thing and are all equal employers because we all have stock in the company which in turns makes us all part owners. they say you work harder for your self than you do any body else, working for WinCo really showed that aspect considering we employees have a chance to have our voices heard when every their is a big decision made among the company. working for WinCo was the best experience ever. i regret ever leaving the company.

i worked diligently to become a deli manager in training, due to the responsibilities of personal reasons i was forced to quit and take care of family, but during the times that i was being trained by multiple managers they guided me in the direction as professional as possible, always lending their advice and giving gaining criticism to allow growth in my own person. i learned that it takes an army to run a department and their is no I in team.

the hardest part of my job was the late hours, the back to back hours, working an entire shift until mid-night and then returning to work exactly 9 hours later.

the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked with and the people i worked for. the customers make the job so rewarding, people always give more information than needed and like any job
  more... you become friends or close acquaintances with your customers.  less
Pros
nothing was ever the same form day to day
Cons
no set schedule and working holidays
Worked on forklift
clerk (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 3, 2014
I worked each day and enjoyed being able to drive the forklift