WINCO

WINCO Employee Reviews

Deli Clerk
deli clerk (Former Employee), west valley utJune 7, 2015
Managers had Favorates and when new to the department they only wanted to work with employees that they hired. It was a good place to work as far as money.
I learned a lot of customer service.
fun place to work with room to grow with company.
Produce 3rd manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJune 1, 2015
with company for 4 years, good values, worked closing shift, able to express my opinion to management. able to learn and teach other employees.
Fast paced work environment. Great Benefits.
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Everett, WAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits & bonus.
Cons: Not many full time opportunitties, unless management ready.
Win Co is a great place to work & shop. Quality merchandise; fresh produce, including Organic. A large Bulk foods selection.

The staff is Friendly and Happy!

Management is extremely fair, great work ethics, good leadership skills.

The benefits are well worth the hours you work, weather 10 to 40 hours a week.

You all work at the same pay depending on the hours you receive & hours you work through. You can always know how much each other make, again, a fair concept, even if one has more experience.
Over Night Freight Clerk
Over-Night Freight Stocker (Former Employee), Duncaville, TxApril 20, 2015
Unload all product off all trucks, including both dairy and frozen products. Down stack all pallets, removing all items from their pallets, wheeling them to the isle they belong and placing items in their specific locations. After all isles have been thrown, pick up left over items, creating a back stock board, then wrapping and racking all items. Making sure the floor is clear of all debris, plastic or other foreign material. Once complete, maintaining the organization of all steel spots. making sure all pallets are wrapped and secure in their locations.
Great Managers and Co Workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 15, 2015
I love working with my mangers and co workers, they're all really helpful. There are great health benefits and other benefits for working at WinCo.
Stocking in a fast past environment.
Freight Person (Former Employee), Portland, Oregon, 97230January 22, 2015
Pros: after a period of time we was able to start saving money for retirement.
Clock in and go to the floor and unload pallets to the floor. Line up merchandise to the correct isles. After that we start to stock the merchandise to the shelves. After stocking we had to face the isles which means pull the old to the front and put the new behind it. Then sometimes we set up displays. I learned how to stock in fast and timely manner. Management was ok but I dealt with it. My coworkers treated me some what fairly. The hardest part was the holidays. We received a lot of merchandise and we still had to stock at the same pace as on a regular day. The most enjoyable part was learning to stock in a fast environment.
Amazing benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), portland,orDecember 8, 2014
Amazing benefits, Good people, Employee-owned. Start pay is just a little over min wage, but after a few years, you make a pretty good hourly wage. Retirement and health benefits are the best out there.
Fast pace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 19, 2014
Pros: consistent paycheck
Cons: hours
1) Customer service, slice meat, make salads, clean, stock.

2) Learned move in a fast pace and multi-task

3) Hardest part was working graveyard.
very redundant
all purpose freight clerk (Current Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 17, 2014
same thing and repetative, management doesnt do their jobs as far as maintaining product, insuring there is no damaged product on shelves and workers are consistently putting up everything they can up on the shelves. if youy dont seek out what to do next or in what area you should go that they will not tell you and you can head in whatever direction you want and work on whatever you feel. little leadership
clean
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDSeptember 20, 2014
Great prices, helpful co workers, lifting assistance.
Learned how to do inventory. Management was great at answering questions.
warehouse work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), portland oregonSeptember 9, 2014
enjoyed coming to work and working hard to accomplish my every day tasks
Over all great experience.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: made a lot of friends.
Cons: other peoples work drama.
Working at Winco was not the easiest. It was a lot of work and a bit overwelming at times. I always stayed positive and always asked plenty of questions. I learned a lot from that job and met a lot of great people. I'm glad I got to experience Winco as my first job.
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nothing was ever the same form day to day
Cons: no set schedule and working holidays
customer service in a deli where you talk face to face with your customer makes for a challenging job but a rewarding job at the same time. i assisted the managers in their monthly audits and looking back i believe that working for the public has made me much more keen on whats going on around me.

the people of WinCo are all great, we all work for the same thing and are all equal employers because we all have stock in the company which in turns makes us all part owners. they say you work harder for your self than you do any body else, working for WinCo really showed that aspect considering we employees have a chance to have our voices heard when every their is a big decision made among the company. working for WinCo was the best experience ever. i regret ever leaving the company.

i worked diligently to become a deli manager in training, due to the responsibilities of personal reasons i was forced to quit and take care of family, but during the times that i was being trained by multiple managers they guided me in the direction as professional as possible, always lending their advice and giving gaining criticism to allow growth in my own person. i learned that it takes an army to run a department and their is no I in team.

the hardest part of my job was the late hours, the back to back hours, working an entire shift until mid-night and then returning to work exactly 9 hours later.

the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked with and the people i worked for. the customers make the job so rewarding, people always give more information than needed and like any job you become friends or close acquaintances with your customers.
Worked on forklift
clerk (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJuly 3, 2014
I worked each day and enjoyed being able to drive the forklift
Great workers, horrible management
Variety Freight Clerk (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at winco would be to grab baskets and start breaking down the loads and sorting each box into the basket for each aisle. Take the baskets full of product to each aisle and start stocking product. Once done zone each aisle quickly then whatever aisle it is to order that day get the handheld and start ordering product. Most of the time cleaning the backroom would be the last hour of work. I learned a lot from this job, I met so many different vendors and how product comes in and goes out, how to stock it, how to order just how important merchandisers are to businesses. Management was cruel, they didn't respect females on the freight crew, I would still be working for them if sexism wasn't an issue with them. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers, we were trained one way then told we were doing it wrong, then a different manager would come along and tell us it was done wrong again, there was never a win from any of them except our peers and customers. Best part about the job was being able to look at the store and all the happy customers because you cleaned it up and stocked all the product.
Winco
Pizza Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 11, 2014
Pros: alot of work to do, constantly busy. employee owned company.
Cons: not much pay for all the responsibilites.
Washed dishes, cut fresh veggies daily, put together pizza boxes, wiped down ovens, ran ovens, assembled pizza down the pizza bar, stocked the pizza bar, swept and mopped the floors, ran cash register.
Decent company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJune 9, 2014
I had issues with the staff and they did not like that I spoke my mind so they laid me off.
Not My Favorite
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, good people
Cons: bad management.
I've been at winco for over a year. we had an awesome manager, and now our new manager is trying to make everyone miserable.
Fun coworkers but new management was unaproachable
Cashier (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: lunch is good because there is a big selection
Cons: short breaks, no discounts, random schedules that change every week
I enjoyed WINCO when I started and loved my co workers and customers. The pay was decent but it was every two weeks which sucked. The store policies state workers may not purchase discounted product on break (must be off the clock) which I thought was weird. The hardest part of being a cashier was dealing with the register locks, say a customer wouldn't want $10 dollars worth of product, if you had to take it off the lane locks and you need to wait for a lead clerk to come with the key and unlock it (sometimes it takes for ever and customers get mad). The codes for produce can take some time to learn but you get used to it quickly (they're repetitive). All the assistant managers were cool but the new manager was really awkward and very unfriendly . She fired me for something I didn't know was wrong and I had never been written up before and was one of the fastest cashiers with a 136% accuracy. Managers change a lot though and Winco can be a good career so just get your foot in the door and good luck. :)
unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2014
unorganized management, we say one thing and do another, they change your schedule about a couple hours into your shift.

1 2 3